Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food (15195 Views)

Is Cheating Normal For Men? / Why Deny Your Husband Food After A Fight? / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
tpia@:
dayokanu

if you use your money to buy feeding bottle for your baby, does that make it your feeding bottle?

Look at the wording, I bought feeding bottle FOR baby. I bought car FOR MYSELF.

Its different from a car I bouhgt FOR her
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by pweetymama(f): 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
freecocoa: Are you saying its not good as well? Cos i wonder how one can make love when angry .
@freecocoa,u really need to try out sex wen u r angry,hmmm its really fun.

Did i just say dat?never mind
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ronkebp(f): 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
dayokanu:

I wasnt expecting anything else.

So if the husband is angry at the wife who happens to be a housewife too, He should not drop money for food. If hungers deals with her she would make peace.

In cases where the husband uses his car to drop the wife at work everyday, whenever there is a quarell the husband should also refused to take her in his car to her job.

Maybe if the woman/man is sick because the other partner is angry, they should also refuse to tend to him/her

VERY SOUND LOGIC FROM YOU

My husband has refused carrying me to work once because we had an arguement, he was so pissed off at me, especially when he knew i could not drive, and he used that as an opportunity to get back at me, then i quietly called a cab to take me to work and that annoyed him even more. So did the world come to an end, because he did not take me to work in the morning? he actually came to pick me up in the afternoon after begging,and i was saying if he came, i would not go with him that i already asked the cab guy to comeback and pick me up. if one spouse is being petty, should the other one follow suit to behave petty by complaining that she did not dish out his food,especially when you know is angry, infact she locked herself up in the room, and did not want to comeout, did the guy go over and knock on the door to say, oya oooo come and give me food i am hungry and she refused coming out? lets all be realistic.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2012
ronkebp:

My husband has refused carrying me to work once because we had an arguement, he was so pissed off at me, especially when he knew i could not drive, and he used that as an opportunity to get back at me, then i quietly called a cab to take me to work and that annoyed him even more. So did the world come to an end, because he did not take me to work in the morning? he actually came to pick me up in the afternoon after begging,and i was saying if he came, i would not go with him that i already asked the cab guy to comeback and pick me up. if one spouse is being petty, should the other one follow suit to behave petty by complaining that she did not dish out his food,especially when you know is angry, infact she locked herself up in the room, and did not want to comeout, did the guy go over and knock on the door to say, oya oooo come and give me food i am hungry and she refused coming out? lets all be realistic.

That your husband did it doesnt make it right, i believe that was why he came back to apologize to you

Its immature to attempt to "punish" your partner when you are having an argument

Some men have denied their house wife money for food because of argument, Does that make it right?

Some parents have used razor blade on their toddler when angry, Does that make it right?

maybe when you fight and one partner happens to be sick, the other can as well not tend to him cos he /she is angry
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
Why do people compare serving of food, something that a child can do, to providing money for upkeep or driving somebody to work? It just involves going into the damn kitchen and spooning food into a plate.
They are not the same, not even close.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
fellis: Why do people compare serving of food, something that a child can do, to providing money for upkeep or driving somebody to work? It just involves going into the damn kitchen and spooning food into a plate.
They are not the same, not even close.

The motive is the same. TO PUNISH. By neglecting some of the duties you would normally perform.

Its like saying I kicked my wife is different from I smashed a stick on her head, The motive is to cause physical harm in both cases

A 15yr old can drive a car also. It just involve sitting down, and pressing the accelerator while keeping to your lane
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
chaircover: If she has been the one cooking for the man from the onset, then No it is not normal and it is childish especially as in the next week or so she will be cooking for the same man.

People should learn to deal with their issues maturely. Yes she is annoyed about something (everyone has a right to be angry at their spouse if he/she misbehaves) but the best way is to sit the man down and discuss it like the adults that they are, sort it out and leave it at that.

This is how long term trouble starts; what if after a week her anger goes down and she starts cooking for him, only for the man to refuse her food.

One of my pet hates is childish mind games. It really annoys me.

U've said it all. May God increase your wisdom.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Daresh(f): 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
ronkebp:

So the man cannot go to the kitchen and serve his food abi? if cooking was the issue here, i will say No it is not good for her not to cook, as long as there is food in the house, how many seconds will it take a man to go to the kitchen and dish himself a plate of rice and ten chiken thigh in the pot? People should start learning how to do things on their own. Kai!!!

God bless you my sister. So to go to the kitchen and diah food is now the issue? Men are just jobless gossips these days.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
@free2rhyme, FYA.
free2ryhme:
@jennykadry you just shot your sef in the foot. gringringrin If you must not deny him sex or make love when you are angry then you must not deny him food also. Just as the former is good for the soul so also is the latter for the body. gringringrin
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
dayokanu:

The motive is the same. TO PUNISH. By neglecting some of the duties you would normally perform.

Its like saying I kicked my wife is different from I smashed a stick on her head, The motive is to cause physical harm in both cases

A 15yr old can drive a car also. It just involve sitting down, and pressing the accelerator while keeping to your lane
You are right, the motive and intention behind the acts are the same.
But the damages that arise from actually carrying these things out greatly differ. I don't even think any type of harm will come to a person just because that person was not served food. Maybe he wouldn't feel like a king that has a food-dishing-servant that day, but that's about it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by pwilliams: 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
debrief08:
My dear I didnt even want to comment when i saw the ones on how that will make him cheat. My Lord, I am dealing with mood swings now and I didnt know how i will react so i just kept quiet. Is a wife so valueless in Nigeria now that any small issue will automatically be an excuse for the man to cheat and will be justified? Is that what we have reduced our wives too? I had to de-learn every thing I previously thought I nknew about marriage and re learn, When I read somethings here my heart just sinks, haba, How does a human being who is meant to be a partner and helpmate get reduced to the level i see here. If you dont give hime s3x everytime even when you are sick he will cheat, if you do this he will cheat.
I am not in anyway tolerating the womans actions whioch i regard as totally childish but I am just so sad that everything is an excuse or a reason to cheat.

I jst dot undastand wat u saying is very wrong 4 d woman not 2 serve her husband meal cos dt her responsibility and I have a case wen d man went out 2 drink nd e never b dsaame again,so women shud b careful dey shudnt deprive their husbnd aanytyn witout gud reason
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Outstrip(f): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
pwilliams:

I jst dot undastand wat u saying is very wrong 4 d woman not 2 serve her husband meal cos dt her responsibility and I have a case wen d man went out 2 drink nd e never b dsaame again,so women shud b careful dey shudnt deprive their husbnd aanytyn witout gud reason

What happened? Willi willie jumped into the beer and possessed him and he started screwing every woman in sight No it was not him that took his two legs over there to find the woman. SMH. It is the woman's responsibility to serve food and the mans responsibility to d1ck everyone he sees
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ronkebp(f): 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
dayokanu:

That your husband did it doesnt make it right, i believe that was why he came back to apologize to you

Its immature to attempt to "punish" your partner when you are having an argument

Some men have denied their house wife money for food because of argument, Does that make it right?

Some parents have used razor blade on their toddler when angry, Does that make it right?

maybe when you fight and one partner happens to be sick, the other can as well not tend to him cos he /she is angry

Razor blade on toddler?? where did it happen, that person needs to be arrested ASAP.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ronkebp(f): 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
Daresh:

God bless you my sister. So to go to the kitchen and diah food is now the issue? Men are just jobless gossips these days.

I know, right!!!!! you can say that again, and he wore his coat(not suit oooo) to go to his friends house to gossip. smiley smiley smiley really?!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by emsquare(m): 8:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
GboyegaD: It is very wrong because if care is not taken, the day the guy goes out and find some other food appealing, she is likely loosing him faster than she can think. Food, money, intimacy amongst others are not right to deny one's partner.

True!
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ibelab(m): 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
na wooooo!! naija men are really enjoying sha.. cheesy cheesy serving of food is now a problem shocked shocked..For real, does such Traditions still exit(just joking).... i love cooking, so one like me would't care..
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Lexoria: 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2012
Men should grow up,there is nothing like an african marriage and responsibilities.The BIBLE also talked about loving your wife and if you love her,your thought should be with calming her anger not with her dishing ur food.Meanwhile,why can't most nigerian be domestic?My hubby dishes his food when he wants to eat and doesn't want to disturb me.I can even ask him to help me boil rice or cook something when I have to rush to somewhere or He gets home before I do and I might take some time to get back and he doesn't complain,he sees it as division of labour since we are both adults and he didn't employ a househelp instead he married a helpmate,a partner.He would even shower one kid while I dress the other.Someone would say its because he's been living abroad for a while but truth is African men need to change their mentality of thinking their wife is their housegirl and assume some responsibility in their home,its also his home.I cant punish my hubby by not dishing food for him cos I know he'll do it himself.Anyway,to his their own.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Outstrip(f): 10:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
Lexoria: Men should grow up,there is nothing like an african marriage and responsibilities.The BIBLE also talked about loving your wife and if you love her,your thought should be with calming her anger not with her dishing ur food.Meanwhile,why can't most nigerian be domestic?My hubby dishes his food when he wants to eat and doesn't want to disturb me.I can even ask him to help me boil rice or cook something when I have to rush to somewhere or He gets home before I do and I might take some time to get back and he doesn't complain,he sees it as division of labour since we are both adults and he didn't employ a househelp instead he married a helpmate,a partner.He would even shower one kid while I dress the other.Someone would say its because he's been living abroad for a while but truth is African men need to change their mentality of thinking their wife is their housegirl and assume some responsibility in their home,its also his home.I cant punish my hubby by not dishing food for him cos I know he'll do it himself.Anyway,to his their own.

Don't mind them. When it is convenient they quote the Bible and when it suits them they say their culture does not allow it

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by thebrideng(m): 12:05am On Mar 29, 2012
So the man cannot go to the kitchen and serve his food abi? if cooking was the issue here, i will say No it is not good for her not to cook, as long as there is food in the house, how many seconds will it take a man to go to the kitchen and dish himself a plate of rice and ten chiken thigh in the pot? People should start learning how to do things on their own. Kai!!!

I always have repsects for you when I read your comments, but this one made me loose one of the respect. How can you say such. A wife's duty is to serve her husband inrespect of quarrell or no quarell. It is not right for the woman to ignore her responsibility, no matter what happens.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by dayokanu(m): 12:16am On Mar 29, 2012
ronkebp:

Razor blade on toddler?? where did it happen, that person needs to be arrested ASAP.

Google Helen Akpabio.

Or child witches
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ronkebp(f): 12:34am On Mar 29, 2012
thebrideng:

I always have repsects for you when I read your comments, but this one made me loose one of the respect. How can you say such. A wife's duty is to serve her husband inrespect of quarrell or no quarell. It is not right for the woman to ignore her responsibility, no matter what happens.

So what will your respect do for me, buy me the latest mercedes or range rover??, just because you agree to my post at times is not a guarantee that you will agree with me all the time. Men do not carry their balls in their hands, and walk around the town showing it off, the issue on ground is no issue at all, and that is part of the reasons we have abusive relationships there in Nigeria, my question again is, what is the big-deal with dishing your food yourself?, which is not usually the case, why can't he dish his own food once in awhile?, how has that degraded him or has it suddenly turned his man-hood to a sponge?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ronkebp(f): 12:41am On Mar 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Google Helen Akpabio.

Or child witches

wish i could look at that nasty picture!!! she should be arrested and never released to see daylight again, that is evil!!!!!!
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by queensmith: 12:47am On Mar 29, 2012
Miss EZ,

I agree- africans try to demonize reason by labelling it 'western' how can anybody say no to civilisation?
If you want a village marriage go and get a village girl, one that will serve you and sex you till her arms fall off and her vagina dries. I dont have time

@dayo- i think fellis covered your response and you know damn well- my logic is undeniable. There is no flaw in my logic :p. Now go back to your boyfriend david and allow us adults to talk!

@fellywood- you are actually just too funnay!
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by MissEZ(f): 12:51am On Mar 29, 2012
thebrideng:

a wife's duty is to serve her husband? really? kai kai kai....KAI!!!! Is she a slave? Nawa o, women have truly suffered in this life. Serve ke? What about the part that the husband is meant to honor his wife. Why is it always a one way deal with SOME Nigerian Men? Nawa o

Everytime posts like this come out, comments suggests that it is the woman's job in life to preserve her marriage. My question is what about the man? What is his role, abi didnt they marry themselves? Hmm, bone all the culture excuse, or the whole western mind concept, the way marriage is portrayed in Nigeria, it makes me not want to get married. Kilode? A woman must do this or that, the man nko?

Marriage is a partnership. The woman is a helpmate, and the man is meant to honor her. Men are too quick to mention that women are meant to be submissive, well that doesnt mean she is a slave. How about honoring her? What does it mean to honor someone? I bet it doesnt mean treating her like a slave or denying her the right to feel or think for herself. Most of the comments here really makes me see how different my parents marriage is from the norm. I have a new level of respect for my folks, especially my dad
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 29, 2012
Miss EZ:

a wife's duty is to serve her husband? really? kai kai kai....KAI!!!! Is she a slave? Nawa o, women have truly suffered in this life. Serve ke? What about the part that the husband is meant to honor his wife. Why is it always a one way deal with SOME Nigerian Men? Nawa o

Everytime posts like this come out, comments suggests that it is the woman's job in life to preserve her marriage. My question is what about the man? What is his role, abi didnt they marry themselves? Hmm, bone all the culture excuse, or the whole western mind concept, the way marriage is portrayed in Nigeria, it makes me not want to get married. Kilode? A woman must do this or that, the man nko?

Marriage is a partnership. The woman is a helpmate, and the man is meant to honor her. Men are too quick to mention that women are meant to be submissive, well that doesnt mean she is a slave. How about honoring her? What does it mean to honor someone? I bet it doesnt mean treating her like a slave or denying her the right to feel or think for herself. Most of the comments here really makes me see how different my parents marriage is from the norm. I have a new level of respect for my folks, especially my dad

Honestly, it is really tiring. In the mind of some Nigerian men,
WIFE=SLAVE/SERVANT/FOOTMAT. The only reason I see for why men refuse to dish food for themselves in this day and age is because they just love debasing the women.
You men need to get rid of your arrogance and play your role by loving your wives, not trying to turn them to slaves.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Impulse80(m): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2012
I hope i don't get this kind of wife when i decide to get married. With all this trouble i just cant help but wonder: is marriage really worth it?
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 29, 2012
Ninapha: In some issues let us reason the African way, sometimes all this oyinbo mentality wd only bring more problem.

How can not dishing out food be a solution to a problem between husband and wife, i hope when the husband stops contributing to feeding allowance no one would call him names.
Nina noone is applauding the wife for neglecting her respponsibility, they're only ssying the man should be more mature in handling such excesses.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 29, 2012
GboyegaD: It is very wrong because if care is not taken, the day the guy goes out and find some other food appealing, she is likely loosing him faster than she can think. Food, money, intimacy amongst others are not right to deny one's partner.

na man wey don get desire to do nonsense na him go use dat kind tin as excuse
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 29, 2012
dayokanu:
This had me Lolling.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 8:59am On Mar 29, 2012
ronkebp:

Sometime I wonder if you read the post before rusing to comment. Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food ( becos she is angry with her husband). Mdm we did ask for your story of your life but comment on the issue the way it is presented.

Where in the post did you read that both of them had an arguement? mdm dont twist the post and hit the nail on the head. How una dey take pass sef...
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 9:05am On Mar 29, 2012
walexicant:

na man wey don get desire to do nonsense na him go use dat kind tin as excuse

And would you allow the opportunity to give him dat excuse to your disadvantage?
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 29, 2012
Outstrip: So he and his wife have a quarrell. She gives him the silent treatment and your complaint is that she does not serve him food. SMH. So if she serves the food will that solve their probelms. Sometimes I don't believe the crap I read

Smh...Now I know why some women can't stay married

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

For MEN: When Last Did You Cry? / How To Suprise Wife On Birthday Help Me ! / 15-Years-Old Boy Runs Away From Home After Being Scolded By His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.