Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa (152500 Views)

Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages / Fast Spoken Languages In Nigeria. / Beautiful Faces Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Oooh but you can't! How about I'm daring you to! And appearance? Lol! I assure you, I'm prettier than you and all your sisters, no offense, but it's a fact. So if there's anyone who's the least bit insecure about appearances you're backing up the wrong tree here. You don't want to start an e-war with me mate, many have started, few had the balls to finish it, none came out the same, thats another fact
When you say "I'm prettier than you" without seeing me is very smart !!! Anyway good on you I really dont care
The one who starts something is you, stop being obsess just because I said some people look Fulani on a video. You go crazy alone.
I'm not the kind of people who say this group look better than them as there is beautiful and less beautiful people in every group.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

What in the name of the wee man are you saying? No ethnicities can't be cousins, certainly not these two, we have absolutely nothing in common and they can't be allies! Thats stuupid. Those come on a personal or scientific level.

I'm sorry but haven't you say that :

"Good. I love my pullo brothers, I love the fula culture and ethnicity and I would never wish that upon them. In fact I have three pure pullo room-mates albeit they only speak hausa, we refer to each other as cousins even though we're not blood related because our families have been close for as long as we can remember "

What a contradiction !!!!!!!
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Oooh but you can't! How about I'm daring you to! And appearance? Lol! I assure you, I'm prettier than you and all your sisters, no offense, but it's a fact. So if there's anyone who's the least bit insecure about appearances you're backing up the wrong tree here. You don't want to start an e-war with me mate, many have started, few had the balls to finish it, none came out the same, thats another fact

And I sure can, do you really think I can be hurt by people I dont know ! so stupid
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

When you say "I'm prettier than you" without seeing me is very smart !!! Anyway good on you I really dont care
The one who starts something is you, stop being obsess just because I said some people look Fulani on a video. You go crazy alone.
I'm not the kind of people who say this group look better than them as there is beautiful and less beautiful people in every group.

Ooh that's exactly what you're insinuating, you just don't have the cohones to come right out and say it. Oi rude boy shut up.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

And I sure can, do you really think I can be hurt by people I dont know ! so stupid

Lol! Then go ahead, give it your best shot. See thing thing with ignorance is it truly is bliss, so blissful you think you want the truth, you don't.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

I'm sorry but haven't you say that :

"Good. I love my pullo brothers, I love the fula culture and ethnicity and I would never wish that upon them. In fact I have three pure pullo room-mates albeit they only speak hausa, we refer to each other as cousins even though we're not blood related because our families have been close for as long as we can remember "

What a contradiction !!!!!!!

Depends on how you choose to read into it
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Ooh that's exactly what you're insinuating, you just don't have the cohones to come right out and say it. Oi rude boy shut up.
I dont need to insinuate, I just say !!!! That's only your obsession sorry if you have been traumatized!!!!!!!!!
You're obviously looking for a fight, I dont have time for you sorry
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Depends on how you choose to read into it
lolll ok.....still a contradiction
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

I dont need to insinuate, I just say !!!! That's only your obsession sorry if you have been traumatized!!!!!!!!!
You're obviously looking for a fight, I dont have time for you sorry

Traumatised, looool! I think you're a whole lot funnier than Russell Peters mate, of course he doesn't set the bar high, but have you considered a career in stand up?

And I don't fight, I teach
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

lolll ok.....still a contradiction

Depends on how you choose to read into it.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Traumatised, looool! I think you're a whole lot funnier than Russell Peters mate, of course he doesn't set the bar high, but have you considered a career in stand up?

And I don't fight, I teach
If I make you laugh, I'm happy !!!
Well you need education before teaching
no need you thank you
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

If I make you laugh, I'm happy !!!
Well you need education before teaching
no need you thank you

Well I sure as hell know a lot more than you.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Depends on how you choose to read into it.
"we refer to each other as cousins even though we're not blood related because our families have been close for as long as we can remember"
And after that "what if we dont have the same ancestors, we are not cousins"

lollllll not contradiction here ? clueless

I'm done with you, waste my time enough
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Well I sure as hell know a lot more than you.

good on you cheesy
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

"we refer to each other as cousins even though we're not blood related because our families have been close for as long as we can remember"
And after that "what if we dont have the same ancestors, we are not cousins"

lollllll not contradiction here ? clueless

I'm done with you, waste my time enough

Lol! You my friend are a buffoon for not understanding what I'm trying to infer!
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

good on you cheesy

Why yes of course
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 1:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Lol! You my friend are a buffoon for not understanding what I'm trying to infer!

Oh so cute, you just want the last word, no worries, waste my time enough
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

I wouldn't say it was all a waste of time.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Baayanjida(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Why is this topic derailing into stupidity level? Are you guys kids or what? I thought you truly need to learn about each others not attacking the other for the sake of insanity.

I am done wasting my time, thank you.

curi00:

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Baayanjida:
Why is this topic derailing into stupidity level? Are you guys kids or what? I thought you truly need to learn about each others not attacking the other for the sake of insanity.

I am done wasting my time, thank you.

No I'm not interesting in fighting or whatever.
I really wanted to know more about Hausa language and I thank you for your links.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by mrMeen(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

Waou I didnt know people would get mad just because I said Fulani and Hausa are not the same, which is the truth.
I never said Fulanis are better or vice-versa.
grin[quote author=curi00 post=42672130]

Mallam-CURI.
You see the term Hausafulani is AREWA/SOKOTO CALIPHAT thing AND NOW HAVE TURN INTO NIGERIA THING, Hausa and Fulani we HAVE BEING united for centries by ISLAM.today millions of Fulani have adopt Hausa culture and some have retend the culture but they a few.they dnt gad around bushes rearing their cattles and have settle with hausa whom they see as their kins and still some go about the Bush and we are planning to let em stop cuz it wont take us anywhere.

And plz nOt Hausa or Fulani dnt have ill-wish toward one anOther and we dont want Outsiders to come here and there ranting disunity among us. We said we are HausaFulani and Their is No going back....DEAL WITH IT. LOL
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
mrMeen:
grin

It doesn't matter what you say cheesy
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by mrMeen(m): 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
AND MALLAM-CURI DONT FORGET THIS AND TELL THOSE YOUR FRIENDS HAUSAFULANI HATERS IF U HAVE ANY
;DAND MALLAM-CURI DONT FORGET THIS AND TELL THOSE YOUR FRIENDS HAUSAFULANI HATERS IF U HAVE ANY
Kajini times2

HAUSA OR FULANI IN NIGERIA DONT EXIST AND WHO EVER TOLD YOU THEY DO. HE/SHE IS NOTHING BUT LIARS. AND IF THEY ARE HAUSA OR FULANI THEN NIGERIANS MOST SAY THEY ARE HYPUCRATEScheesy. Why?

Becuse every NIGERIANS NOWS THEY ARE ONE EVEN IF THEY SAID THEY ARENT.....
POLITICALLY.,HISTORICALLY,ISLAMICALLY ALL THEIR LEARDERS SAID THEY ARE HAUSAFULANI. EVEN THE NON HAUSAWA WILL ATTACH THEIR SELVES TO HAUSA, HAUSAFULANI .LIKE TABAFAWA BALEWA NIGERIA FIRST AND ONLY PRIME MINISTER,IBB,AR'ADUWA.SHAGARI IN FACT ALL NORTHERN HEAD OF STATES AND PRESIDENT CONSIDER THEM SELVES PART HAUSA,EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT.. THAT THE POWER OF RELIGION,UNITY AND LANGUAGE THAT BROUGHT THEY GRANDPARENTS TOGETHER. THE LIKES THEY ARE HAUSAFULANIKANURI PUT TOGETHER, BUHARI OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT SAID IN ONE OF HIS INTERVIEW THAT HIS PARENTS ARE FULANI+KANURI AND then recall his mother who is Kanuri her mother is HUASA ,lol

DUDE KANA DA BAN DARIYA ARADUN ALLAH. MU YAN AREWA DAYANE BA WANI WANDA ZAI IYA RABAMU.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
mrMeen:
grin
And Hausa and Fulani still have their own identity wether you like it or not !!!!! cheesy
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by mrMeen(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
curi00:

And Hausa and Fulani still have their own identity wether you like it or not !!!!! cheesy

smiley I mst say i like it,like you said Hausa have thiers while Fulani have thiers in another countries,Even In Arewa Hausa Have are Hausawa Fulani are Fulani and anybody who calls him selves Hausafulani he is wat he claim..... Many people have call me Hausasmiley somes call me Fulani somes says im Hausfulani....you kNw, my answer is always Yes I am, Dont have problem with that. What ever u call me among those i will never object....
Another thing you will never knw is what It is like to be a northern Nigeria and how united they are.
Also any Fulani group or Hausa in any country other than Nigeria is love by Nigerian Hausafulanismiley and are in MINORITY TO HAUSA OR FULANI OF NIGERIA IN PUPOLATION...

THE MAJORITY PEOPLE OF HAUSA AND FULANI IN AFRICA ARE IN NIGERIA AND we THE MAJORITY CONSIDER OURSELVES ONE(Fulani) Kai HausanE kO kai BafulataninE indai kai Dan Arewa nE kana KallOn kanka amatsayin HAUSAFULANI. IMMA POLITICALLY KO CULTURALY KO KAI DAMA RUWA BIYU NE uwayENka inter-marriage sukayi.

Many Hausa and Fulani from Niger republic think of Nigeria as thier second Home and that is true..now that i write this up thier are millions of Niger republic Hausa and Fulani that reside in Nigeria illegally and our People,Government know them and we the peple can tell if they are Nigerian Hausa,Fulani or noT..

But becux we consider them ours we never borther them,our get then out of Arewa cuz originally they are part of it,though sometimes they are mock for they are from Niger and thier Hausa is not that fluent.

HausaFulani dint ask any Hausa or Fulani of any country to think One.cuz maybe even if they try it wnt go successful as here In Nigeria...kai we prefer u shud stay ur hausa or Fulanicheesy..
Unity do magic for us Hausafulani of Nigeria and even we too... We Never plan to think one..is Allah that choose to make us ONE. So dnt worry brother u are still part of us and when ever we sO any One of Hausa or Fulani wherever they are we called them OURS.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 8:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
mrMeen:

smiley I mst say i like it,like you said Hausa have thiers while Fulani have thiers in another countries,Even In Arewa Hausa Have are Hausawa Fulani are Fulani and anybody who calls him selves Hausafulani he is wat he claim..... Many people have call me Hausasmiley somes call me Fulani somes says im Hausfulani....you kNw, my answer is always Yes I am, Dont have problem with that. What ever u call me among those i will never object....
Another thing you will never knw is what It is like to be a northern Nigeria and how united they are.
Also any Fulani group or Hausa in any country other than Nigeria is love by Nigerian Hausafulanismiley and are in MINORITY TO HAUSA OR FULANI OF NIGERIA IN PUPOLATION...

THE MAJORITY PEOPLE OF HAUSA AND FULANI IN AFRICA ARE IN NIGERIA AND we THE MAJORITY CONSIDER OURSELVES ONE(Fulani) Kai HausanE kO kai BafulataninE indai kai Dan Arewa nE kana KallOn kanka amatsayin HAUSAFULANI. IMMA POLITICALLY KO CULTURALY KO KAI DAMA RUWA BIYU NE uwayENka inter-marriage sukayi.

Many Hausa and Fulani from Niger republic think of Nigeria as thier second Home and that is true..now that i write this up thier are millions of Niger republic Hausa and Fulani that reside in Nigeria illegally and our People,Government know them and we the peple can tell if they are Nigerian Hausa,Fulani or noT..

But becux we consider them ours we never borther them,our get then out of Arewa cuz originally they are part of it,though sometimes they are mock for they are from Niger and thier Hausa is not that fluent.

HausaFulani dint ask any Hausa or Fulani of any country to think One.cuz maybe even if they try it wnt go successful as here In Nigeria...kai we prefer u shud stay ur hausa or Fulanicheesy..
Unity do magic for us Hausafulani of Nigeria and even we too... We Never plan to think one..is Allah that choose to make us ONE. So dnt worry brother u are still part of us and when ever we sO any One of Hausa or Fulani wherever they are we called them OURS.

Dont put Allah here, if He wanted to make you one, you would have the same ancestors, that's not the case, end of it !
I'm part fulani but not hausa.
If you are both Fulani and Hausa, there is no problem. All I was saying, both of groups have their own identity, no matter how close they are in Nigeria.
All Fulanis are one wherever they are in Africa and in the world(look "Zone fulbe"on Facebook), they have the same ancestors, same history, same language, etc...
You can say everything you want Hausa-Fulani is 2 identities not one. I'm not questionning their close relationship in Nigeria, people are better united.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
This is becoming ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by mrMeen(m): 12:36am On Feb 07, 2016
Oooo the clueless one you finaly accept the reality.

#zonefulbe on facebook,,,, Thanks but need it man,cuz it not Nigerian Hausafulani thing. No need to invite the likes of me guz i dnt knw what good it will do me.lol

There are lot of lots Hausa/fulani Facebook pages,groups i fellowed.i dont like following to many peskey pages and group on FB...sO thank you,i apriciate your effortsmiley
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 1:05am On Feb 07, 2016
mrMeen:
Oooo the clueless one you finaly accept the reality.

#zonefulbe on facebook,,,, Thanks but need it man,cuz it not Nigerian Hausafulani thing. No need to invite the likes of me guz i dnt knw what good it will do me.lol

There are lot of lots Hausa/fulani Facebook pages,groups i fellowed.i dont like following to many peskey pages and group on FB...sO thank you,i apriciate your effortsmiley
What reality ? Fulani have their own identity, Hausa too, you deny so hard and you have the nerves to say someone is clueless, lollllll watch yourself, you dont know me, stop being direspectful just because someone speak the thruth! What crazy people, they get mad for nothing. Life is enough hard to make things harder! I can insult you too with all names but I'm muslim, I respect people and I dont want to give you my good actions in the last judgement for worthless things.
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by curi00: 1:14am On Feb 07, 2016
VomeSchakleton:
This is becoming ridiculous
It was from the start
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 07, 2016
curi00:

It was from the start

I agree
Re: Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:35am On Feb 09, 2016
gbogboti:
Swahili is most widely spoken African language. Swahili is spoken in these countries: Tanzania 99%, Kenya 87%, Uganda 85%, Burundi 55%, Democratic Republic of the Congo 48%, Rwanda 28%, Swahili is also spoken in southern Somalia, Ethiopia and Sudan and northern Mozambique and the Comoros Islands. It has more than 11 million native speakers (speak Swahili as first language) and more than 120 million secondary speakers. That makes Swahili the largest African language.

Arabic is widely spoken in many African countries, but it is naturally not counted as one of African languages even though there's arabic-africans lives in Africa; it is because most of native African countries has a low percentage of Arabic speakers.

Since almost every African country was at one time a colony, speaking English, Portuguese, or French will also help you communicate. Many Africans will speak Creole or pidgin versions of these European languages and they may not be so easy to understand when you first hear them.

1) Arabic
2) Kiswahili
3) Hausa
4) English
5) Amharic
6) French
7) Oromo
cool Yoruba
9) Igbo
10) Zulu
Source(s): http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/9546 (<click to see the top 50)

If your language is spoken only by your ethnic group that language should not be included in this list.

To qulify the language must be a lingua franca across multpile ethnicities.

Now, redo this list please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.