Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush (13618 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Amnesty Intl Urges African Countries To Arrest George Bush When He Visits Africa / Should George Bush Also Face Trial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2007
Laugh galore!

Team A: Afam, Purist, debosky

Team B: Kobojunkie, mrpataki, texazzpete

It seems team A is routing team B. grin
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Purist(m): 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2007
mrpataki:

How are they different in terms of origin?

Hmmm. .  I see you're really in the mood for arguments now.

Anyhoo, I'm famished (haven't had breakfast).  C ya l8r! wink
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2007
Sigh!!!

Back to discussion, Anywho, Is Someone then trying to say that the impurities then makes Alcohol different
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by texazzpete(m): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Laugh galore!

Ah! So it's only when you dig up another quote that you'll say your usual

"Let's stick to the topic"

Keep it up, man!

PS: you do debosky and purist a great disservice to group them with Afam, a known buffoon. Definitely not birds of the same feather.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Laugh galore!

RichyBlack,

How did you miss out davidylan who seems to be agreeing with everything depending on the direction of the wind?

Purist:

@Afam:

Semantics! Semantics!!

That's usually the cause of disagreements on issues like this. I don't know if some just deliberately misinterprete your words to appear more intelligent, or they simply can't understand simple statements. Debates like this are meant to be educating and enlightening, not an avenue for us to start displaying our insulting skills.

Despite desbosky's and my explanation, mrpataki is still asking me what I mean by "originally different".

My friend, frustration can cause so many things. I have chosen not to let them get away with their stupidity and diversionary tactics, I will rather expose them for what they are and what they stand for.

The other guy mrpataki is still defending his lousy claim that Kva is a product simply because he saw Kva somewhere on my website without understanding that Kva is kilo volts amps and as such cannot be a product.

Now, I am beginning to understand why they believe that the black man is inferior to the white man, it seems they have based their positions on their own level of reasoning which is understandable even though regrettable.

So whenever you come across I-man, davidylan, mrpataki, texazzpete and kobojunkie just read and have a good laugh because they are usually wrong and at the same time they can never be corrected so you can understand how difficult it is to make them see reason.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2007
GEOGRAPHY BUSHISM

"I was raised in the west. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."

In Los Angeles as quoted by the Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2000

HISTORY BUSHISM

"I think we agree, the past is over."

On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

FISCAL LEADERSHIP BUSHISM

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."--Rueters, May 5, 2000

FOREIGN RELATIONS BUSHISM

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there."

Iowa Western Community College, Jan 21, 2000
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3541706.stm

President gaffes in terror speech

US President George W Bush
Speech-writers wish Mr Bush would stick to the script

In his latest gaffe, President George W Bush has appeared to suggest that his administration is forever thinking up ways of harming the US and its people.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we," the US president told a high-level meeting of Pentagon officials.

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people - and neither do we."

His comments came during a signing ceremony for a $417bn defence bill.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said that Mr Bush's mistakes should reassure rather than alarm.

"Even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people mis-speak," he told the Associated Press.

"The American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction, and the terrorists know by his actions he means it."

'Liked for his flaws'

According to Jacob Weisberg, who has made it his job to catalogue the gaffes commonly known as "Bushisms", even when Mr Bush trips over his words he does not always fall flat on his face.

"I don't think it does him any harm, because people who are appalled by the way he speaks tend not to like him for other reasons," he told the BBC's World Today programme.

Indeed, he says, his flawed public performances should not be "misunderestimated" - to borrow a "Bushism" - as they actually strengthen his bond with ordinary people.

"I think his inarticulacy is part of it, people identify with his problem. You know, it's hard to speak in public - one makes mistakes, it can be embarrassing. And this bonds him to people."
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Uche2nna(m): 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2007
Afam:

FOREIGN RELATIONS BUSHISM

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there."

Iowa Western Community College, Jan 21, 2000

lmao
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Uche2nna(m): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2007
Honestly, I see no point arguing whether synthetic ethanol or bioethanol is one and the same thing undecided

People should start doing more reading and less talking that way we would avoid altercations like this. Oh my gosh!!! shocked
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Wordsmith(m): 6:28pm On Nov 17, 2007
Same ol' wack retarded shit everyday. Synthetic and bio-ethanol, Bush, Israel, blah blah fuckin' blah. . .

Physician heal thyself, before you think about another man's malady. . .
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Horus(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2007
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Uche2nna(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2007
Now thats a thot cheesy
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by kobe(m): 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2007
Here's three that belong in the presidential hall of fame:

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --President George W. Bush
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 16, 2012
the dumbest president of all time...the world over!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.