Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Women Who Face Domestic Abuse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Who Face Domestic Abuse (3113 Views)

21 Tell Tale Signs Of Emotional Abuse in marriage / First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by gree212: 10:46am On Mar 29, 2012
culled from http://giftemezu..com/2012/03/women-who-face-domestic-abuse.html?spref=fb
I saw the picture on the left on Facebook yesterday while the one at the right I got from another blog. The woman at the right, had her finger cut by her husband who is a police man and he wasn't arrested for the crime. It is very obvious that these women has been badly beaten. Unfortunately, no information has been given about these women or their names.

There are so many of such cases every year but only very few or if any, are treated. To young ladies, before you get married, if your boyfriend raises his hand on you and hit you, you have to do a rethink about going further with such relationship because chances are that, if he did it once, he will do it again. Do not let the love you have for a man blind you from seeing reality. As for married women, Abeg if you are having domestic abuse run! be alive for your children. Don't wait till you look like one of these women. These are even the lucky ones, some are not even alive to tell their story. Its not by force to stay married to a beast! And don't for once think you deserve the beating because you don't.

And young ladies, if you have the chance at a young age to get education please do! the reason so many of this things happen is because many of our young ladies believe a man will just come and marry them and they will live happily ever after. Don't just get married to become a house wife! get a job, get something to do! Many women are unable to leave because they don't have the finances to support their self and their children if they leave their husbands house.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by gree212: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2012
To the government, police, house of representative, its high time YOU look into this issue of women abuse. Its bigger than you think. Its time to stop treating this crimes as domestic violence and start treating it like an attempted murder cases. There should be bills passed on this kind of assault. So many of this women reported to the police and many were sent back home to go and beg their husbands because it is a domestic case and they could do nothing about it. This should stop! in fact it has to be looked into.

To the families of these victims, Don't leave your sister or niece in such condition. Don't go telling her that divorce is not in the family etc. It is very important to call a family meeting in cases like this. Do not allow what the world will say to hold you back from saving you sister's life. Don't just sit in your house and watch! Do something!
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by gree212: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2012
To the pastors, please stop telling these women to go back home to their husbands' house and pray, that God will guild them. Many women who listen to this are dead! There should be a temporary place for these women till the church helps to resolve this issue. Don't just tell them to go back and pray! Do something!

Above all, Never love someone more than you love yourself. If you don't have any help from anyone please leave, make calls to Project Alert now 01-4737270, 08052004698 or send an email to projectalert@projectalertnig.org, log on to their website www.projectalertnig.org.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by gree212: 10:52am On Mar 29, 2012

Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
You have said it all and addressed it neatly nothing more to hide. She who has ears open them and hear.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by ronkebp(f): 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
OHHHHHH!!! ABASI!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2012
Let them go and work on themselves, useless girls
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by Johndoe100(m): 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2012
I have been on this forum and this board long enough to know that the truth is a minor matter easily brushed aside. In any issue, case or matter there is always two sides. Women got beat, yes. Maybe they deserved it. It always amazes me when people react to these images without THE WHOLE STORY.
Some propagandists will tell you that there is never a justification to beat a biatch, but I ask you this- provocation is an ABSOLUTE defense to the charge of murder in Nigeria. There is never a reason to beat a biatch but there are circumstances which the law recognizes that I can kill her?
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by armyofone(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2012
no human being deserved to be beaten, chipped off body part, punched, killed, acidified etc No human being should face such MrDoe.
You are so wrong to say 'maybe they deserved it' so wrong. do you have a sister? how will you feel if it were your daughter that was beaten/acidified or have her hands chopped off?
if you are one of those wifey beater, please stop the habit because no woman should be beaten no matter what.
animalistic and cave mentality should stop.

Johndoe100: I have been on this forum and this board long enough to know that the truth is a minor matter easily brushed aside. In any issue, case or matter there is always two sides. Women got beat, yes. Maybe they deserved it. It always amazes me when people react to these images without THE WHOLE STORY.
Some propagandists will tell you that there is never a justification to beat a biatch, but I ask you this- provocation is an ABSOLUTE defense to the charge of murder in Nigeria. There is never a reason to beat a biatch but there are circumstances which the law recognizes that I can kill her?

you have no right to kill her.
your post is just so said!
they can only do such crap in nigeria.
jail await you outside nigeria if you abuse your wife.

1 Like

Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by MissyB3(f): 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
Johndoe100: I have been on this forum and this board long enough to know that the truth is a minor matter easily brushed aside. In any issue, case or matter there is always two sides. Women got beat, yes. Maybe they deserved it. It always amazes me when people react to these images without THE WHOLE STORY.
What is this one talking about? undecided

The law DOES NOT permit you to kill anyone [simply because you had been provoked]. That sounded immeasureably stupid that I had to quickly skim through the Criminal Code Act of Nigeria to see where that was stated and the exact words used.
Section 317 of CCA states : ''A person who unlawfully kills another in such circumstances as not to constitute murder is guilty of manslaughter.''
Section 318 of CCA states :''When a person who unlawfully kills another in circumstances which, but for the provisions of this section, would constitute murder does the act which causes death in the heat of passion caused by grave and sudden provocation, and before there is time for his passion to cool, he is guilty of manslaughter only.

He is guilty of manslaughter . . .He's not all of a sudden discharged and acquitted.
Manslaughter is a crime and there are penalties for it depending whether is is voluntary or involuntary and the factors of the case. The maximum penalty, they say, is life imprisonment.

So, you best think twice before going on a walking tour looking for the next available lady to provoke you, so you could beat her up and probably send her to an early grave. tongue
Plus, yes, there's no justification for beating a woman; engage a fellow man in a fight, if you must.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by agiboma(f): 11:12pm On Mar 30, 2012
wow so sad
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by Johndoe100(m): 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2012
@missy_b

You have read a portion of an act, however since you seem to be teribly confused as to how things work in Nigeria, let me enlighten you. No act of law confers guilt of any crime, thats why they have judges and lawyers. When charged for murder, the defence of provocation is absolute. That then leaves room for filing a fresh charge of manslaughter, however the smart guys invoke double jeperdy and this issue must be battled all the way up the chain. Really they don't pursue it. We have SAN's and these are what they get paid silly amounts for. Like I said on this board the truth is not important.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2012
Its a wet cane that is used to drive the madness from the heart of a child, same goes for the women.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by Johndoe100(m): 11:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
armyofone:
if you are one of those wifey beater, please stop the habit because no woman should be beaten no matter what.

you have no right to kill her.
your post is just so said!
they can only do such crap in nigeria.
jail await you outside nigeria if you abuse your wife.

White is right, black is wrong. I hear ya sister.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by agiboma(f): 1:26am On Mar 31, 2012
neyostica: Its a wet cane that is used to drive the madness from the heart of a child, same goes for the women.

R u even remotely serious, g-d i hope not OMG, if you are may g-d help you ooo
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 1:37am On Mar 31, 2012
agiboma:

R u even remotely serious, g-d i hope not OMG, if you are may g-d help you ooo
Yes am serious, you women of nowadays are spoilt brats n requires thorough beating to put you in check
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by ronkebp(f): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
neyostica:
Yes am serious, you women of nowadays are spoilt brats n requires thorough beating to put you in check

You too be ready to receive enough kpankere from above and beyond.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by MissyB3(f): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2012
Johndoe100: @missy_b

You have read a portion of an act, however since you seem to be teribly confused as to how things work in Nigeria, let me enlighten you. No act of law confers guilt of any crime, thats why they have judges and lawyers. When charged for murder, the defence of provocation is absolute. That then leaves room for filing a fresh charge of manslaughter, however the smart guys invoke double jeperdy and this issue must be battled all the way up the chain. Really they don't pursue it. We have SAN's and these are what they get paid silly amounts for. Like I said on this board the truth is not important.
What has double jeopardy got to do with you being found guilty of a crime you've not been sentenced for?
How on Earth do you have a right to double jeopardy if you have not been previously acquitted? If you were convicted of manslaughter or any crime, you will be sentenced.
Maybe I should remind you that double jeopardy only safeguards your right to not being tried again after acquittal, tried again after conviction (if you were found guilty, you ought to face the penalty), and/or sentenced twice for the same crime. If you were convicted of manslaughter instead of murder by reason of having been provoked, you face the penalty. Double jeopardy only sees to it that you are not tried again or sentenced again for a crime you've already been punished/sentenced for or declared innocent of. It does not let you go unpunished, if you've been found guilty.

Section 36 (9) of the Nigerian Constitution: "No person who shows that he has been tried by any court of competent jurisdiction or tribunal for a criminal offence and either convicted or acquitted shall again be tried for that offence or for a criminal offence having the same ingredients as that offence save upon the order of a superior court."
It only protects you from being tried again, not from being punished.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by taryour(f): 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2012
OMG some men deserves to b relocated to d ZOO. Dats were they belong,living with the animals, some of them are right above puting rubish post.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2012
ronkebp:

You too be ready to receive enough kpankere from above and beyond.
Am a gentleman, but a girl dat lacks hometraining must be dealt with accordingly, i hope you are a gud gal.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 10:29pm On Mar 31, 2012
taryour: OMG some men deserves to b relocated to d ZOO. Dats were they belong,living with the animals, some of them are right above puting rubish post.
Are u scared Quote them
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by taryour(f): 10:53pm On Mar 31, 2012
neyostica:
Are u scared Quote them
guilty kongi dey worry u. If u can beat up a woman like dat,den u are certainly one of dose men.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 10:36am On Apr 01, 2012
taryour:
guilty kongi dey worry u. If u can beat up a woman like dat,den u are certainly one of dose men.
Since u lack manners, its my job to instill values to you, its for your good
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by taryour(f): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2012
neyostica:
Since u lack manners, its my job to instill values to you, its for your good

LOL. E pain you...
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by harakiri(m): 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
When a man physically assaults a woman, he's an ANIMAL who should be castrated and jailed. When a woman physically assaults a man, she's merely "venting" her anger and it's ALWAYS the man's fault.

Did someone make a joke about equality of the $exes?

Nonsense! ! !
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2012
^^^^Pls tell them o
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2012
taryour:

LOL. E pain you...
No, i just feel for d dumbbb guys who buy into dat 'dont hit a lady' crap, if u dnt want to get beat, dnt play with a madman's c0ckkk.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by neyostica: 4:47pm On Apr 01, 2012
taryour:

LOL. E pain you...
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by Johndoe100(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2012
harakiri: When a man physically assaults a woman, he's an ANIMAL who should be castrated and jailed. When a woman physically assaults a man, she's merely "venting" her anger and it's ALWAYS the man's fault.

Did someone make a joke about equality of the $exes?

Nonsense! ! !

You are right, I would say they are brainwashed, but they just don't have brains.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by ronkebp(f): 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2012
The cabal have spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by Johndoe100(m): 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2012
ronkebp: The cabal have spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, we ain't the cabal. They are there watching. You better not offend them.
Re: Women Who Face Domestic Abuse by maclatunji: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
^Which cabal? Those pictures are disturbing. If she is so bitchy cut are loose by all means but don't kill or maim her. There has to be a better way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! How Can I Advise My Little Cousin Without Losing Her Trust & Friendship? / Whats The Worst Kind Of Child Abuse You Have Seen In Yr Family? / Is My Mother Using Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.