Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Is The Bible The Word Of God, Or Contains Scriptures With Written Word Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible The Word Of God, Or Contains Scriptures With Written Word Of God. (726 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Is Bible The Word of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Bible The Word Of God, Or Contains Scriptures With Written Word Of God. by BBDelta(m): 5:15am On Mar 30, 2012
There are proofs outside the bible that Jesus Christ existed and that He die on the cross of calvary. Now the Faith I have and will only have is that, this singular act is the redemptive plan of God to redeem me from darkness and sin. After man sinned against God in the Garden of Eden.

There are also proofs outside the bible that right from the days the children of Isreal left Egypt, there have been a culture of scripts writing for various purposes and written mostly by Priest, Levi, Kings, Rulers and people with high educational background and under the hereditary lineage of Priesthood. Now there have been various ways the scriptures have been read and taught in the past. Now for whatever reason the scriptures were put together by men with claims of being inspired by God, I do not question that " I only want to have one faith which is in Christ Jesus not in the scriptures". The bible is a book that contains 66 books with various scriptures written over a period of time before it was also put together by men, with claims of being inspired by God, I do not want to also question this claims.

Question 1: The Gospel of Jesus christ and His teachings which is where my Faith lies can be found in the scriptures of the bible especially, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. Would it be wrong or insufficient to restrict myself to the teachings of Jesus Christ on how to live in this new Grace and Kingdom I am now in as a redeemed person who has accepted Him as Lord and Personal Saviour. This teachings of Jesus Christ could be found either in the bible or outside the bible.

Question 2: What is the Word of God? Is the Bible the Word of God? or contains scriptures with the Word of God?

Question 3: Are the disciples and apostles who were the very first people to receive and share the good news of the Gospel of Christ Jesus different from us who have also received Christ Jesus and are spreading the Gospel. If No. so what makes their process of spreading the Gospel or their understanding in an old period of time an authority in this our present dispensation, when we obviously have more knowledge and have developed the art of learing more better than the way they learnt?

Question 4: Jesus Christ told the disciples to go and spread the Good News of His death and Ressuration and the redemption of man, also teaching them what he has taught them and baptising them, and also very importantly that they also should go and tell others. If this was Christ instructions, then how did people get speciall calling to do the same thing that was directed by Christ Jesus to all who have believe in Him? and even if their calling is as a result of their decision to fully devote all their time to the spreading and promoting of the Gospel, what makes them to be an authority that should not be scrutinized? or is this the reason why the emphasy on being called specially again from heaven? My summition, if you are called by God to devote all your time and resources to promote the Gospel, I think it is wrong for you to use that as an authority to hypnotize people to believe in all you say and to look up to you as more superior authority under this dispensation of Grace. If not, you would only be taking us back to the Levitus order and the Eccelsisiates priesthood and it will still be Judiasm masquerading as christianity if that is what the act of believing in the death and ressuraction of Jesus Christ is called. No wonder the many titles.. Rev., Lt. Rev., Rt. Rev. Bishop, Arch Bishop, His Holiness, His Eminent and many such like. God Help us All. You candid option please, as it brings peace to your heart.

(1) (Reply)

The Rapture is Certainly Are You / The Jesus Of Florida And His Picture / Wats Ur Favourite Chapter And Verse In Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.