Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,435 members, 7,954,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? (26076 Views)

Finally The New NYSC DG Did It!!! Congrats 16A / Pictures Of New NYSC Certificates / A New Nysc Director General Appointed: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2012
Nwogbe: tHE TERM Infrastructure is too broad. It comprises delivery of services such as power,water telecom,transportation,roads just to mentioned a few. My question now is if a corp member is posted to the ministry of water resource or info & communication does its still falls under the armpit of the four sections u mentioned above?
.specifically rural infrastructure.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by lumideezle(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2012
Somtimes I just wonder the plp that make policies in this country, som1 sld pls tell them that policy making is supposed 2 b "bottom up" not top to bottom. In a country whereby banks, IT firms are still bouncing corpers with 1 year exprience with them now u make a policy 2 worsen d unemployment now ur graduates don't even have any exprience @ all so how can they compete 2 work in these companies.

We have over 8000 copers in lagos alone per batch passing thru NYSC that's approxmately 21k copers per year (3batches) in lasgos alone. Now tell me how many schools, hospitals and Agric firms they are in d whole of nigeria se Don't forget that these institutions already have staffs o and u are virtually forcing these copers down their necks or do u want them 2 sack their staffs and employ coopers? You don't just make policies from ur confortable sit up there u ask the plp @ d bottom and I'm sure if this was done this senseless policy won't even b considered @ all. The policy is just making it more impossible for young graduates 2 get jobs cuz after 1 year in a sch or whatever thats if they are even lucky 2 get 1, u wld b thrown bck 2 d streets with no exprience @ all 2 even boast of so how do u compete?? The education, agric systems cannot even absorb the numbers we already. Neways when dem sef no kuku go school I dnt expect much from d dumb decision makers

3 Likes

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by bluejeff(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
Truth be told 80% here in kaduna got schools. I was one of the few not in a sch (ministry of justice). And frm stories i have been hearing its rejection all the way here in kaduna and other states either from the schools or corp members themselves due to accomodation problems.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by PeeBee: 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
^^^^That is one issue I have with the policy, a good number of graduates have no practical experience that would serve them in getting employment. Nysc used to create avenues for them to be retained or if not, the chance to know what the working environment feels like, on-the-job experience and also acquiring contacts which may not be experienced by the teeming population of new teachers.
This is just the first batch and I believe the policy would be modified over time, the only people I pity are the pupils some of these graduates are going to teach.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 2:10pm On Mar 30, 2012
bluejeff: Truth be told 80% here in kaduna got schools. I was one of the few not in a sch (ministry of justice). And frm stories i have been hearing its rejection all the way here in kaduna and other states either from the schools or corp members themselves due to accomodation problems.
.did u work ur posting to the ministry of justice?
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2012
Now your suffer continues.....hehehehehehehehe.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Obiagu1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2012
Very good. Everyone should be given equal opportunity for employment after NYSC.
The trend has been those that served in those places of choice often get retained while their colleagues with no connection that served in schools and other not-so-good places get no jobs after NYSC.

This will level the playing field for all, at least to an extent.
Good job Brig.-Gen. Nnamdi Okore-Affia.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by PHIPEX(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2012
Obiagu1: Very good. Everyone should be given equal opportunity for employment after NYSC.
The trend has been those that served in those places of choice often get retained while their colleagues with no connection that served in schools and other not-so-good places get no jobs after NYSC.

This will level the playing field for all, at least to an extent.
Good job Brig.-Gen. Nnamdi Okore-Affia.

majority of people who feel frustrated by this policy are people who influenced their posting to choice states only to be deployed to a rural community to teach intergrated science. Imagine someone who worked his posting to Abuja thinking he will serve in NNPC only to be posted to a village. lol. May God bless whoever brought this policy. Anyone who claim there is upto 50% rejection is simply lieing cos he probably has not come in contact with more than 1% of corpers posted to his state. By the way there has been even before now so if ur are rejected u simply look for another opportunity, best of Luck to u all! Thank God Corpers will no longer be serving tea in National Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by sample042(m): 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
The policy aint gud. Dis wil result to many graduate nt meeting d aim of establishn nysc(nt havn any practical knwlgd). Lest i 4gt, evn b4 d implemntatn many corps membrs posted in remote areas of ebonyi end up not bn attachd to any sch or firm not to talk of limitn d areas to post d corpers.
I pity 9ja!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by GboyegaD(m): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2012
Many wrong policies claimed to be rightly implemented. After NYSC, what next FGN should 1st think of resolving major problems and stop running after shadows. Rather than think of temporary workers in all these sectors they have mentioned particularly health, why not employ the qualified people and let them get more experience as they work on This is just a form of cheap labor and now, so many people are being rejected because of accommodation and other reasons, what is the next step

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT NA SERIOUS SHAME!!! THEY TRULY DO NOT THINK THINGS THROUGH BEFORE IMPLEMENTING AND I KEEP WONDERING WHY MANY NIGERIANS WOULD ALWAYS HAIL THEM. LET THEM LOOK AT THE STATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT FIRST AS NYSC IS JUST A YEAR PROGRAM.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by lumideezle(m): 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
PHIPEX: majority of people who feel frustrated by this policy are people who influenced their posting to choice states only to be deployed to a rural community to teach intergrated science. Imagine someone who worked his posting to Abuja thinking he will serve in NNPC only to be posted to a village. lol. May God bless whoever brought this policy. Anyone who claim there is upto 50% rejection is simply lieing cos he probably has not come in contact with more than 1% of corpers posted to his state. By the way there has been even before now so if ur are rejected u simply look for another opportunity, best of Luck to u all! Thank God Corpers will no longer be serving tea in National Assembly.

@ pipEx u are a very shallow thinking individual I hope u dnt get go make policies bc with plp like u making decisions and thinkin like this, only God wld help Naija. Did u even serve @ all, did u go 2 sch? If u did u wld understand that even with the former system many corp members do not get PPA z they end up doing their own biz and look 4 letter head every month 2 submit @ their local Govt.Do u know that companies exp banks etc employ up 2 70 percent of corp members in d major cities? This has nothing 2 do with a level playing field. The policy is not a sustainable one bc simply put there are not enuf schools n hosps 2 employ d amount of corp members the NYSC turns out every year. If they really wanted 2 make this policy first develp d Agric,and hosp system 2 b rouboust enuf 2 accomodate these corp members then go ahead witth your policy. Least I forget over 50 corp members were rejected in lagos in front of me @ d min of special duties aka lagos state schools simply bc they do not have space 4 these corp members.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2012
fleps: Now dis policy is very very unfair to Batch A. I dnt know of oda states, but in Delta state the rate of rejection is 80% and counting... For Sapele, almost everybody was rjected. Nt up to 10 came to d secretariat for clearance n claimed aceptance either due to lack of acomodation or outright rejection. What bout Asaba? The same story lingers. Infact d news is dat the rjection was so much dat some wil have to be redeployed back to camp community, Isele ukwu (or watever its called). Am typing dis now at d general CDs meeting n d ZI just said any1 who wants to be reposted to d oil, chemical company or banks should come to do so. And its open to ONLY BATCH B & C. Such injustice!
So they should leave Batch B n C n attend to u guys? Well, welcome to nysc! Sum batch B in Lagos jes got their ppa, and dey r leaving in 3months!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by peziz(f): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2012
This is so true. At ogun camp, i would say probably 85% got posted to a primary or secondary school. Many where rejected even those posted to the ministry. I got favoured by God and was posted to a higher institution where my services were needed urgently, and a fair pay guaranteed, with a near perfect corpers lodge with the basic ammenities. I truly got lucky and favoured. With such exposure i'll be so glad i served my nation at that institution; but its so not the same for my fellow batch A corp members who got places not so okay and those who got rejected. I feel sad for them.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Ecash1: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
Not all places.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by 9zeros(m): 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
*puts on glasses, reads thru posts n shakes head. removes glasses n return 2 bed (wit ekaete)*
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by bakila: 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2012
lumideezle: Somtimes I just wonder the plp that make policies in this country, som1 sld pls tell them that policy making is supposed 2 b "bottom up" not top to bottom. In a country whereby banks, IT firms are still bouncing corpers with 1 year exprience with them now u make a policy 2 worsen d unemployment now ur graduates don't even have any exprience @ all so how can they compete 2 work in these companies.

We have over 8000 copers in lagos alone per batch passing thru NYSC that's approxmately 21k copers per year (3batches) in lasgos alone. Now tell me how many schools, hospitals and Agric firms they are in d whole of nigeria se Don't forget that these institutions already have staffs o and u are virtually forcing these copers down their necks or do u want them 2 sack their staffs and employ coopers? You don't just make policies from ur confortable sit up there u ask the plp @ d bottom and I'm sure if this was done this senseless policy won't even b considered @ all. The policy is just making it more impossible for young graduates 2 get jobs cuz after 1 year in a sch or whatever thats if they are even lucky 2 get 1, u wld b thrown bck 2 d streets with no exprience @ all 2 even boast of so how do u compete?? The education, agric systems cannot even absorb the numbers we already. Neways when dem sef no kuku go school I dnt expect much from d dumb decision makers

Pls send your name discipline and former school to me. You will post to a better place

Otta Farm.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by PHIPEX(m): 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2012
lumideezle:

@ pipEx u are a very shallow thinking individual I hope u dnt get go make policies bc with plp like u making decisions and thinkin like this, only God wld help Naija. Did u even serve @ all, did u go 2 sch? If u did u wld understand that even with the former system many corp members do not get PPA z they end up doing their own biz and look 4 letter head every month 2 submit @ their local Govt.Do u know that companies exp banks etc employ up 2 70 percent of corp members in d major cities? This has nothing 2 do with a level playing field. The policy is not a sustainable one bc simply put there are not enuf schools n hosps 2 employ d amount of corp members the NYSC turns out every year. If they really wanted 2 make this policy first develp d Agric,and hosp system 2 b rouboust enuf 2 accomodate these corp members then go ahead witth your policy. Least I forget over 50 corp members were rejected in lagos in front of me @ d min of special duties aka lagos state schools simply bc they do not have space 4 these corp members.
I love ur questions and for ur information am a Batch A corp member posted to a rural community in Ogun State unlike u who is in Lagos, my concern is that u don't come to a public forum like this and pull up baseless statistics cos we are all learned enough to querry ur source. For instance how can someone who is posted to a school in Ikorodu conclude that over 70% of corpers in Lagos were rejected? My own experience unlike urs is that we were about 20 that went in search of our PPAs and of that number only 2 were rejected so Should I conclude that over 80% of corpers in Ogun were accepted? U don't just look at d side of policies that doesn't favour u cos for every public policy in any country some people must benefit while some others may not. D question should be the number of those who benefited against those who did not. Cheer up, it's just 1yr!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by lumideezle(m): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
Lol I served 2yrs Ago lagos batch C Phipex and I Got good posting thank God I'm only worried cuz of the future ones and my younger sis is a batch A corp member and I knw what d poor gal is passing thru she just got rejected
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by collinsJn(m): 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2012
Am a Batch A Corp Member, In Lagos. 95% Of Us Were Posted To Schools, And So Far, The Level Of REJECTION Haz Bin So Low.

1 Like

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by GboyegaD(m): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2012
My youngest sister was posted to a primary school at Oredo Local Government Area in Benin and now she is being rejected. She said she is gotten a company who wants to sign her but it is difficult getting a posting letter to the company. Why wouldn't primary schools reject them when they already have students of NCE doing teaching practice with them. If FGN knows they are not serious about the program they should say boldly as the number of those rejected far outweighs those accepted.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by bluejeff(m): 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2012
flairlady: .did u work ur posting to the ministry of justice?
No. We are about 6 in number. Though not sure, but i dont think law graduates were posted to schools here in kd, unlike some other states.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2012
bluejeff: No. We are about 6 in number. Though not sure, but i dont think law graduates were posted to schools here in kd, unlike some other states.
.gud 4 u.it wuldnt b a waste of time
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by primeson1(m): 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
corpers were posted to schools? Is it every body that can teach? FG u beta reconsider dis policy oooo.....batch b and c copers r waiting oooo.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by emsquare(m): 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
flairlady: A new nysc posting policy approved by the FG stated that starting from 2012 batch A,corpers would be posted to only four sectors;agriculture,education,health and infrastructure.From all i have been hearing,the policy seem to be working perfectly.but i wuld still love batch A corpers on NL to share were they were posted and anyone who knows of any exceptions.thanks

Dats okay!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Super1759: 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2012
primeson1: corpers were posted to schools? Is it every body that can teach? FG u beta reconsider dis policy oooo.....batch b and c copers r waiting oooo.
my friend shutup,I mean shut up,if you can't teach,what makes you a graduste? Is their any special trick to transfer knwoledge?people like you bring shame to we youth.theirs nothin wrong with going into classroom to teach,aftral you are paid and its just a one year thing.am a serving corper in kogi.was posted to a village where I was like a god.am happy because the community are happy.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Claumy2(m): 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2012
Fair policy. Only if it would continue. Just that Nigeria has good policy thinkers & makers but implementation. THERE ARE JOBS FOR "LONG LEGS OWNERS".
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by RuuDie(m): 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
Except am not getting the jerk of the policy correctly. . . it appears to have more de-merits than merits - I mean, it seems illogical - because what the policy appears to be doing, is cutting down on the number of jobs and options available to corps members. Given the rate at which the population of corpers increases annually, shouldn't they rather be increasing the potential areas of posting for corpers rather than reducing it!?
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by PHIPEX(m): 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
RuuDie: Except am not getting the jerk of the policy correctly. . . it appears to have more de-merits than merits - I mean, it seems illogical - because what the policy appears to be doing, is cutting down on the number of jobs and options available to corps members. Given the rate at which the population of corpers increases annually, shouldn't they rather be increasing the potential areas of posting for corpers rather than reducing it!?

What you call job oppotunities was a situation where few fellow corpers who believe they are connected secure juicy jobs while serving in such companies not because they are more qualified but because other corp members are still "serving their country in a village" wink. On the otherhand some got posted to companies such as banks, got used to meet targets and dispensed with afterward.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 31, 2012
I understand why this policy was made.... Seriously the rate at which people abuse this Nysc scheme for their own selfish gains is alarming.
Cry babies, serve ür father land and quit yapping.
Its an experience, its not easy but u can do it.
Am a serving Corp member and I didn't get the kind of posting I would have loved. But I am making the best use of my time and finding value for myself in my immediate environment.
no matter how bad it is, just look at ür environment and create value For yourself.
U never can tell what u will discover....
Wish u all the best
Omo ogun ise ya.......
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by steroid: 12:39am On Mar 31, 2012
this policy is complete trash because a greater percentage of people have been rejected in lagos state. The lagos state govt accepts 630 corpers per batch b/4 now and there are over 3000 corpers in batch A, I don't know what magic they want to perform out of this. Over 80percent of corpers have been rejected, even to the extent that some corp members have started applying to work for the Lag. state govt. voluntarily. I don't know how they would survive. I think the policy needs to be reviewed because it's creating problems for a lot of people.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by chidike(m): 7:53am On Mar 31, 2012
Guys! i'm a batch A corp member serving in Kaduna, i was lucky, i got posted to Kaduna Polytechnic, where i've been told that i'm gonna be lecturing. i was posted to the department of estate management (that's wat i studied). i'm a. 2.1 graduate from a fed uni, heard all corp member posted to kad poly will be lecturing. Even though i believe i can deliver, i think its not right to give corp members a full course to handle, wen our universities produce half baked graduates #justsaying, some people posted to this poly are already talking about how they'll accept sorting cos the poly only pays 7k to corp members.

Also, its true that close to 85% of batch A corp members were posted to government schools in kaduna (they didn't even post to private schools, to the best of my knowledge). Come and see the kind of remote villages they posted corp members to, and as far as i know, rhe schools are not rejecting. The corp members are the ones who tell the schools to reject them.

i'm really not happy about this policy, i went to ecobank and they told me that they need corp members in all their branches in kd and even went to NYSC to request for corp members, but NYSC told them to forget it cos of the policy. i resume in two weeks, i hope this policy will be reviewed for the upcoming Batch B corp members.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by nnacent(m): 8:09am On Mar 31, 2012
Though our leaders hav nt done much 2 earn our trust, this policy remains one of d best articulatd n executd policy. I wonder hw some pple feel dat d country is skewd 2 dia favour(no 10ks 2 modern day men of God and nepotism). I servd in 2007 in CRstate. D moment i got 2 d village where i was postd, i simply told my colleagues who were 2 b in dat vilage 2geda wit me 4 1yr dat 'guys our parents are simply poor wit no connectns'. Any1 who stresses d demerits of this policy is simply selfish and deceptive. My take

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Batch B NYSC Mobilization Time-Table 2017 / Youth Corper Shot Dead In Calabar / Want To Get Your First Post-nysc Job? Lets Make A CV For You !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.