Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,797 members, 7,959,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:14 PM

Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? (26094 Views)

Finally The New NYSC DG Did It!!! Congrats 16A / Pictures Of New NYSC Certificates / A New Nysc Director General Appointed: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2012
I weep for this Country. Why are people writing trash about an organisation they do not know its aim?
NYSC was never intended to give you work experience or fast advantage for employment.
It's called National Service, people are to serve there country selflessly, not influence their postings and secure job positions that they could never have qualified for if duly advertised as required by the law. Why are we celebrating nepotism and mediocrity?

The policy is very very good. The government only needs to open up more places for corps members to contribute, properly resource them, and allow them limited choice in order to engage their passion in the service.

I suggest the following, Apart from teaching in school which is not every-ones calling?

1. Corps members take up traffic directing in cities with police support
2. Re-launch of Rural and Agric. Development Programs under the NYSC, and using corps members
3. They should form the ground staff of the Electoral Body, Census Commission and the Offices of Statistics
4. Groups of Corps members should be allowed to generate rural development project ideas during camp period, if approved, utilize their one year to plan the project, source for funding and implement the project which should be sufficiently large. Funding can easily be gotten if government gives tax rebates to companies who support them as corporate social responsibility.

5. Medical related corps members become the ground staff for immunization programs

There are many such areas that are begging for service. If we all know that after one year, all corps members will be out competing for jobs on the same playing field, nobody will complain about being in rural areas. I for one used my development activities during NYSC to beef up my CV, that aided my competitiveness for jobs after service.

Service to the nation should be in areas were we lack and not in areas that are over flowing with professionals such as banks. But the bottom line, is that rather than viewing the corps members as cheap peripherals, the government should cease permanent employment into such positions, budget adequately to properly resource the corps member that will serve in the areas. Service should not mean suffering, poor accommodation and insecurity. By the way, the policy of not posting corps members to state with terrorisim or where corps members are killed for 5 years or more should be upheld and tightened

1 Like

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2012
I weep for this Country. Why are people writing trash about an organisation they do not know its aim?
NYSC was never intended to give you work experience or fast advantage for employment.
It's called National Service, people are to serve there country selflessly, not influence their postings and secure job positions that they could never have qualified for if duly advertised as required by the law. Why are we celebrating nepotism and mediocrity?

The policy is very very good. The government only needs to open up more places for corps members to contribute, properly resource them, and allow them limited choice in order to engage their passion in the service.

I suggest the following, Apart from teaching in school which is not every-ones calling?

2. Re-launch of Rural and Agric. Development Programs under the NYSC, and using corps members
3. The should form the ground staff of the Electoral Body, Census Commission and the Offices of Statistics
4. Groups of Corps members should be allowed to generate rural development project ideas during camp period, if approved, utilize their one year to plan the project, source for funding and implement the project which should be sufficiently large. Funding can easily be gotten if government gives tax rebates to companies who support them as corporate social responsibility.

5. Medical related corps members become the ground staff for immunization programs

There are many such areas that are begging for service. If we all know that after one year, all corps members will be out competing for jobs on the same playing field, nobody will complain about being in rural areas. I for one used my development activities during NYSC to beef up my CV, that aided my competitiveness for jobs after service.

Service to the nation should be in areas were we lack and not in areas that are over flowing with professionals such as banks. But the bottom line, is that rather than viewing the corps members as cheap peripherals, the government should cease permanent employment into such positions, budget adequately to properly resource the corps member that will serve in the areas. Service should not mean suffering, poor accommodation and insecurity. By the way, the policy of not posting corps members to state with terrorism or were corps members are killed for 5 years or more should be upheld and tighten
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by yang(m): 11:56am On Mar 31, 2012
I served in ONELGA, Rivers Batch A 2011 and I just passed out last month. I spent one year teaching physics and I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it. Nysc was not designed to enable graduates get job expirience or to get contact for job. It was designed to serve Nigeria through the community one is posted to. People really have to stop being selfish. If you are rejected, keep looking, go to the villages in ur local govt, there are many schools in rural communities who lack teachers, many. Also, being a corper in the village does not stop you from getting employed after Nysc, I passed out last month and I got a very good job a month before passing out( without connection ). As a teacher you have the freedom to travel for days to attend interviews or write exams. U also have an enviroment that enables you to study for certifications and to do a lot of soul searching. u cannot get these things working sleeping in an office or serving tea in the national assembly.

People really need to stop being selfish, serving in a village remains a wonderful expirience and if I have the time I will always go back to kriegani cos it is now my second village
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by chidike(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2012
yang: I served in ONELGA, Rivers Batch A 2011 and I just passed out last month. I spent one year teaching physics and I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it. Nysc was not designed to enable graduates get job expirience or to get contact for job. It was designed to serve Nigeria through the community one is posted to. People really have to stop being selfish. If you are rejected, keep looking, go to the villages in ur local govt, there are many schools in rural communities who lack teachers, many. Also, being a corper in the village does not stop you from getting employed after Nysc, I passed out last month and I got a very good job a month before passing out( without connection ). As a teacher you have the freedom to travel for days to attend interviews or write exams. U also have an enviroment that enables you to study for certifications and to do a lot of soul searching. u cannot get these things working sleeping in an office or serving tea in the national assembly.

People really need to stop being selfish, serving in a village remains a wonderful expirience and if I have the time I will always go back to kriegani cos it is now my second village
yang: I served in ONELGA, Rivers Batch A 2011 and I just passed out last month. I spent one year teaching physics and I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it. Nysc was not designed to enable graduates get job expirience or to get contact for job. It was designed to serve Nigeria through the community one is posted to. People really have to stop being selfish. If you are rejected, keep looking, go to the villages in ur local govt, there are many schools in rural communities who lack teachers, many. Also, being a corper in the village does not stop you from getting employed after Nysc, I passed out last month and I got a very good job a month before passing out( without connection ). As a teacher you have the freedom to travel for days to attend interviews or write exams. U also have an enviroment that enables you to study for certifications and to do a lot of soul searching. u cannot get these things working sleeping in an office or serving tea in the national assembly.

Inspiring! Good one! Well i've accepted where they posted me to.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by sandysprax(m): 11:29pm On Mar 31, 2012
How long will they continue it? Perhaps it may last while GEJ and all those who brought the policy are in office. It's a new policy, thats prolly why there seems to be implementation...I simply do not believe in that rubbish. Will the elites let their kids who just returned from their studies abroad serve in those establishments stated? This is Nigeria blokes, Many people are simply above the law here.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Atila1(f): 7:29am On Apr 01, 2012
Its health, education , agric and rural infrastructure. And like things done in naija, there is no research or planning. Nysc posted corpers τ̅☺ schools n hospitals who had no use for them, U̶̲̥̅̊ need τ̅☺ see d rate of rejection, its annoying.

1 Like

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 01, 2012
KenGali: I weep for this Country. Why are people writing trash about an organisation they do not know its aim?

3. The should form the ground staff of the Electoral Body, Census Commission and the Offices of Statistics

Service to the nation should be in areas were we lack and not in areas that are over flowing with professionals such as banks. But the bottom line, is that rather than viewing the corps members as cheap peripherals, the government should cease permanent employment into such positions, budget adequately to properly resource the corps member that will serve in the areas. Service should not mean suffering, poor accommodation and insecurity. By the way, the policy of not posting corps members to state with terrorism or were corps members are killed for 5 years or more should be upheld and tighten
God bless u.
you have said it all... it is called service, so serve or get an exemption letter and let us hear word.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by mikolo80: 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2012

I REALLY HOPED 90% WUD BE POSTED TO AGRIC SO THAT THE RICH ONES CUD INFLUENCE TRACTORGSATION.OH WELL I'M STILL HOPIN
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by fleps(m): 5:59am On Apr 02, 2012
flairlady: .dis bad?i wonder hw it wuld b 4 us coming up batch B
I have it in ma mind to write and get it published in a national daily. Bt am stil trying to weigh the consequences as against the good it may do. The policy should be adjusted slightly. 70% should strictly be for the policy, while 30% for other private sectors, as done initially.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2012
fleps:
I have it in ma mind to write and get it published in a national daily. Bt am stil trying to weigh the consequences as against the good it may do. The policy should be adjusted slightly. 70% should strictly be for the policy, while 30% for other private sectors, as done initially.
pls do,that would help a lot.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Cyberdiva: 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2012
All of you that have posted on this forum in favour of this new policy aka, ‘New Boloni’. Are either part of the retarded bunch of graduates who give decent graduates like myself a bad name, or you are part of the whipped NYSC staff who have been paid or encouraged to log onto this forum to spin this bodged and backwards policy to create the illusion that it is actually good for our country and its youth.
Only a fantasist would dare to suggest, that graduates that have sweat, read and suffered to obtain decent education and work experience in their respective fields can best serve their country by being coereced pigeon holed into these four categories. MADNESS! You are supposed to be encouraging and motivating the youth and tapping into their specific skill-sets and expertise. You are not supposed to be crippling them and wasting a year of their life paying lip service to a bigger problem. It’s like putting a carpenter in a bakery to bake and a baker in the carpentry to build a cabinet. Surely if a baker is good at baking cakes let him continue to learn and excel and teach others. If there is a lack of carpenters in the carpentry, invest in carpentry courses, pay carpenters more etc.... Its not as if the lawyer that spends a year teaching in the corper year will continue after service year. The non transferable skills acquired will go down the drain once they return to court! Where as if you send someone that studied education etc and is passionate about becoming a teacher to a school during there service year they will be grateful and they are more likely to have a positive LONG TERM impact on the country. This is a COMMON SENSE APPROACH!!!
I am in Batch A 2012, and I want to ask the drones that implemented this sham/ farcade of a policy if they, their children, or their gand children did such nonsense as corpers. What king of ridiculous knee jerk reaction is this.
Furthermore, this is fundamentally discriminatory, 2011 corpers etc do not have this nightmare to dela with…Do Batch A corpers have two heads? Whom did we offend? COMPLETE AND UTTER NOSENSE tongue
I myself studied Law and worked for two years in a well paid job abroad. I came back to serve my homeland. And I am being repaid by being asked to go and teach English in a primary school or secondary school. After working for major international corporations. How is this helping me to help the country as BEST I can?
Let me ask you, would it not be better for me to bring my expertise to Nigeria and help rebuild my country whilst learning from other Nigerians and they learning from me in the field that I have read studied for the past ten years.
It’s not like I’m even snobbing the four industries. I would gladly get involved in community projects voluntarily or during CD days. Why not, after all I understand that it IS TRUE that Nigeria needs help in health and agriculture etc.
But how on earth, is playing Russian roulette with peoples careers going to help?

Signing out.

N/B I was so motivated about this new Nigeria and contributing to making it grow from strength to strength. People like Fashola, Iwela and Sanusi, inspire me…. However, there are still those that exist in high places in the NYSC that clearly continue to cripple the progress of this nation with there whimsical ill conceived and executed ideas. What’s more worrying is that it has been signed off by our elected exec.
Do they not travel abroad? Do they see this happening anywhere else?
God help Nigeria, and the abused, exploited and victimized batch A Corpers.
[/color][/color]

4 Likes

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Cyberdiva: 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2012
EXACTLY!!!
lumideezle: Somtimes I just wonder the plp that make policies in this country, som1 sld pls tell them that policy making is supposed 2 b "bottom up" not top to bottom. In a country whereby banks, IT firms are still bouncing corpers with 1 year exprience with them now u make a policy 2 worsen d unemployment now ur graduates don't even have any exprience @ all so how can they compete 2 work in these companies.

We have over 8000 copers in lagos alone per batch passing thru NYSC that's approxmately 21k copers per year (3batches) in lasgos alone. Now tell me how many schools, hospitals and Agric firms they are in d whole of nigeria se Don't forget that these institutions already have staffs o and u are virtually forcing these copers down their necks or do u want them 2 sack their staffs and employ coopers? You don't just make policies from ur confortable sit up there u ask the plp @ d bottom and I'm sure if this was done this senseless policy won't even b considered @ all. The policy is just making it more impossible for young graduates 2 get jobs cuz after 1 year in a sch or whatever thats if they are even lucky 2 get 1, u wld b thrown bck 2 d streets with no exprience @ all 2 even boast of so how do u compete?? The education, agric systems cannot even absorb the numbers we already. Neways when dem sef no kuku go school I dnt expect much from d dumb decision makers
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by nnacent(m): 6:40am On Apr 04, 2012
Only a fantasist would dare to suggest, that graduates that have sweat, read and suffered to obtain decent education and work experience in their respective fields can best serve their country by being coereced pigeon holed into these four categories. MADNESS! You are supposed to be encouraging and motivating the youth and tapping into their specific skill-sets and expertise. You are not supposed to be crippling them and wasting a year of their life paying lip service to a bigger problem. It’s like putting a carpenter in a bakery to bake and a baker in the carpentry to build a cabinet. This is a COMMON SENSE APPROACH!!!
Furthermore, this is fundamentally discriminatory, 2011 corpers etc do not have this nightmare to dela with…Do Batch A corpers have two heads? Whom did we offend? COMPLETE AND UTTER NOSENSE tongue
I myself studied Law and worked for two years in a well paid job abroad. I came back to serve my homeland. And I am being repaid by being asked to go and teach English in a primary school or secondary school. After working for major international corporations. How is this helping me to help the country as BEST I can?
Let me ask you, would it not be better for me to bring my expertise to Nigeria and help rebuild my country whilst learning from other Nigerians and they learning from me in the field that I have read studied for the past ten years.
It’s not like I’m even snobbing the four industries. I would gladly get involved in community projects voluntarily or during CD days. Why not, after all I understand that it IS TRUE that Nigeria needs help in health and agriculture etc.
But how on earth, is playing Russian roulette with peoples careers going to help?

I tink u shud try and see selfishnes in ur above ranting. I am sure u hav bribed ur way 2 b postd 2 one 'america bred brother's chambers' in Lagos or abuja. While teachin d kids remember 2 define and explain service 2 them.

Mtsheeeeeew!!!

N/B I was so motivated about this new Nigeria and contributing to making it grow from strength to strength. People like Fashola, Iwela and Sanusi, inspire me…. However, there are still those that exist in high places in the NYSC that clearly continue to cripple the progress of this nation with there whimsical ill conceived and executed ideas. What’s more worrying is that it has been signed off by our elected exec.
[/color][/color][/quote]
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by steroid: 7:30am On Apr 04, 2012
Cyberdiva: All of you that have posted on this forum in favour of this new policy aka, ‘New Boloni’. Are either part of the retarded bunch of graduates who give decent graduates like myself a bad name, or you are part of the whipped NYSC staff who have been paid or encouraged to log onto this forum to spin this bodged and backwards policy to create the illusion that it is actually good for our country and its youth.
Only a fantasist would dare to suggest, that graduates that have sweat, read and suffered to obtain decent education and work experience in their respective fields can best serve their country by being coereced pigeon holed into these four categories. MADNESS! You are supposed to be encouraging and motivating the youth and tapping into their specific skill-sets and expertise. You are not supposed to be crippling them and wasting a year of their life paying lip service to a bigger problem. It’s like putting a carpenter in a bakery to bake and a baker in the carpentry to build a cabinet. Surely if a baker is good at baking cakes let him continue to learn and excel and teach others. If there is a lack of carpenters in the carpentry, invest in carpentry courses, pay carpenters more etc.... Its not as if the lawyer that spends a year teaching in the corper year will continue after service year. The non transferable skills acquired will go down the drain once they return to court! Where as if you send someone that studied education etc and is passionate about becoming a teacher to a school during there service year they will be grateful and they are more likely to have a positive LONG TERM impact on the country. This is a COMMON SENSE APPROACH!!!
I am in Batch A 2012, and I want to ask the drones that implemented this sham/ farcade of a policy if they, their children, or their gand children did such nonsense as corpers. What king of ridiculous knee jerk reaction is this.

Signing out.

[/color][/color]

I feel you,I am a batch A 2012 corp member and I'm quite sure that those in support of this policy are not part of this batch, if they were they wont spill gibberish.

Some of these policy supporters do not even know that the policy has now included any public co-operation because the initial 4 key areas cannot absorb everyone. I believe the whole policy will collapse very soon because it's not making sense.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2012
anyways I do agree that its painful, to be the first batch to be posted thus, but let's get something straight,
It is called the ' national youth service corps'.. Not the 'national youth development corps'
Even with the old policy people were still not getting anything like what u guys are ranting about, except for the lucky few who had connections in high places.
This is meant to put reduce lobbying to choice states and cities, infact it we would now see a reduction in lobbying to states such as Lagos, abuja and its likes.
Please I know its not easy but let's, just serve out the one year...
Give your best, do not mind what people say.
Remember what soever your hand findeth to do, pls do it with all your heart.
Even those of us from other batches even without the policy wasn't posted to our area of study. That's Nigeria for u. The policy is good as long as they will sustain it.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by nnacent(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: anyways I do agree that its painful, to be the first batch to be posted thus, but let's get something straight,
It is called the ' national youth service corps'.. Not the 'national youth development corps'
Even with the old policy people were still not getting anything like what u guys are ranting about, except for the lucky few who had connections in high places.
This is meant to put reduce lobbying to choice states and cities, infact it we would now see a reduction in lobbying to states such as Lagos, abuja and its likes.
Even those of us from other batches even without the policy wasn't posted to our area of study. That's Nigeria for u. The policy is good as long as they will sustain it.

Thank u. U must b very intelligent
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by fleps(m): 6:17am On Apr 08, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: anyways I do agree that its painful, to be the first batch to be posted thus, but let's get something straight,
Its either u lie or u're simply ignorant! Lobbying wil surely continue. . . Cuz of state govt pay. Now pple wil flood Rivers state (15k), Lagos (15k), Abuja (10k), Anambra (10k) Delta state (10k, some places though). U see, like i said am a Batch A 2012 corps member, n i know wat its like to be rjected! 99 percent faced rejection from the so called schools who even requested for the corps member bt dint have acomodatn for them! Yestaday a clasmate of mine in d university posted to Abuja said they were asked to return on wednesday nex wik for reposting since schools have rjected almost all, they might reconsider n post to other juicy sectors!

2 Likes

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 16, 2012
@fleps I see no reason why u should tell me that I am ignorant.
I am a batch c Corp member and I perfectly understand what batch a has been passing through, cos we all passed through it. I serve at the local govt office and I see the pain and stress, I have also tried helping them in my own little way, and giving them the encouragement that they need. So stop being selfish and see beyond yourself. No be u first go Nysc. Make I hear word jare......

Like I said even with the former policy people were not getting their field of study, except those in the health and legal sectors.
people will no longer be keen to work their service to Lagos and other choice states as before, forget the state allowy, imagine yourself being posted to Lagos, with the high cost of transportation, ur 15k will become useless, not to mention other factors.
Even ogun state witnessed a drastc reduction of Corp members.
What I think is that Nysc should liase with the states more, so as to deal with the issue of rejection and accomodation.
And please be advised that rejection is usually more in the cities and state capitals.

No matter how difficult it is, please just try and have a positive attitude, cos since I did, my service year has been nothing but fun.
1yr will soon be over, and we all Will get. The kinda Job or opportunity we have been praying for.
I wish u all the best in ür service year.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by nel76(m): 11:58am On Apr 28, 2012
Nysc officalz r very serious about this dia policy, imagine, it took me 2 solid wiks 2 get letter 4rm commissioner ministry of power n energy delta state asaba, bu to my greatest suprize n wif d long legz, ZI n odas was adamant mtcheeew. He tore d letter... Saying skul or prepare 4 extension!
Hmmm
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2012
nel76: Nysc officalz r very serious about this dia policy, imagine, it took me 2 solid wiks 2 get letter 4rm commissioner ministry of power n energy delta state asaba, bu to my greatest suprize n wif d long legz, ZI n odas was adamant mtcheeew. He tore d letter... Saying skul or prepare 4 extension!
Hmmm
.but not all corpers in Delta state teach right?
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by fleps(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2012
flairlady: .but not all corpers in Delta state teach right?
Yea! I'm also in Delta State, in Sapele to be precise, i know just one person posted to a farm n anoda posted to FEMA. D rest, its either primary or secondary school! The State Cordinator thoroughly warned all ZIs while we were in camp n any1 who compromises wil loose his or her job instantly!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 2:46pm On May 03, 2012
fleps:
Yea! I'm also in Delta State, in Sapele to be precise, i know just one person posted to a farm n anoda posted to FEMA. D rest, its either primary or secondary school! The State Cordinator thoroughly warned all ZIs while we were in camp n any1 who compromises wil loose his or her job instantly!
this is serious.do u knw if it is possible to have an agrement wit the skul u were posted to so u culd wrk sumwher else?
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by fleps(m): 11:51pm On May 03, 2012
flairlady: this is serious.do u knw if it is possible to have an agrement wit the skul u were posted to so u culd wrk sumwher else?
Certainly! I know 2 of them! One was rejected n even reposted to a Primary school. Bt a church requested for his services. He acepted. One tin is dat d church has a school, so he'l be reposted to d school bt mainly his job wil be in d church! D oda is a lawyer, was posted to a schol bt looked for a law firm who araigned wit da schol bt wil be in d firm! Anoda was rejected bt beged d proprietres to just acept d posting n only give clearance letas at d end of d month while he goes to sumwhere else to kontinue d biz he left bhind! So these instance abide! Bt ur clearance leta must state dat u re in a school, infact a schol acepted n isued u a clearance leta!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 8:29am On May 04, 2012
@fleps.thanks 4 da info.i think dats wat i wuld do.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by anuz: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2012
watis now d hope of upcomin batch b
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2012
anuz: watis now d hope of upcomin batch b
the policy stands
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Mustay(m): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
Super1759: my friend shutup,I mean shut up,if you can't teach,what makes you a graduste? Is their any special trick to transfer knwoledge?people like you bring shame to we youth.theirs nothin wrong with going into classroom to teach,aftral you are paid and its just a one year thing.am a serving corper in kogi.was posted to a village where I was like a god.am happy because the community are happy.
Graduates are not automatically teachers - they didn't go to get a degree to teach. Am surprised at this comment or aren't you a graduate? Those who want to teach at the very least would enroll for a Bachelors degree in Education. Starting from 300 level, B.Ed undergraduates get taught the 'intricasies', psychology, skills etc of teaching. Teaching is not just about knowing something, it involves delivering knowledge, understanding end-users and much more.

So my friend, if graduates are automatically teachers, graduates in the medicine field would perhaps be teaching Biology instead of using their skills in the health institutions during their service year. Don't ever put a square peg in a round hole.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 04, 2013
KenGali: I weep for this Country. Why are people writing trash about an organisation they do not know its aim?

why should I be forced to give back to a nation that has done nothing for me. my parents had to work hard to acquire enough money for healthcare, education and basic infrastructures to make my life meaningful. why should I waste my time on a country that cares less if I exist.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by X3n(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
NYSC by definition shld be for service but considering d need and unemployment situation of Nigeria, I tink d scheme shld either be scrapped or its aim changed. U cannot xpect pple 2 serve in rural places nd afta 1yr, they wil spend d nxt 5yrs of their life searching 4 job. If 9geria is serious abt d service, they shld also hav a scheme where coppers dat passed out will enroll nd they will be sent 2 diff org nd parastatals 4 job interviews nd some, given scholarship 2 study abroad, without dat provision, I dnt see any justification of d new rule. For those sayin dat it is gud so dat evr1 will hav equal playing ground afta service, I'm sori 2 say, but dat arguement is largely flawed. Its lyk sayin dat equal amnt of pple killed in d North by Boko Haram shld also b Killed in d South in order 2 mke d North nd south hav equal play field. In life, some are furtunate others are not, u dnt develop ways 2 pull down d furtunate 2 mke tins fair, rather, u shld develop ways 2 pull up d unfurtunate ones. Anyways, concerning d question posed by d name of d thread, I'm a 2012 Batch B copper serving in ABJ, only like 20% of us were posted in skuls nd those ministries, most of us re in private places nd commisions, some re in national assembly nd some even in Aso Rock. So as xpected, d policy is dying a natural death.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youth Corper Shot Dead In Calabar / Want To Get Your First Post-nysc Job? Lets Make A CV For You !! / Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.