Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

E-passport Renewal/extension - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Renewal/extension (74799 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
thebaft: I was not asked to fill a Guarantor's form ... so I guess you don't need it. Goodluck!!!

the baft,
Please was the number on the new passport the same as the number on the old one.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
@UBTech,
It was a new passport number, different from the old one.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by henrychubayo: 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
thebaft: @UBTech,

What i want to know is the old passport. Was it given back to you after it had been cancelled or did they held it?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2012

@the Baft,
Thanks for your prompt response,this is my situation, I still have about 19months left on my current e-passport but would be applying for skilled migrant visa to Australia in August. The requirement is that the passport that I apply with should be the one I intend to travel to Australia with & it should have at least 2year validity at the time of application.

I would have gone for the extension which will result in a new number like u said but I have done some of the required tests like IELTS & skill assessment with the old passport and the passport number is printed on some of the reports. If I bring in another passport at this stage with a new number, it will look suspicious and give them grounds to deny me.

On the other hand, I am thinking of applying with the current passport, the renewing it when it expires. But do u think I will get the same number then??

Also, can you drop the number of your contact so that I can channel my enquiry to him. Thanks for your assistance.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by jaydude(f): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2012
Thebaft thank you very much for the info,what a relief! I was already scared cos I had a uk visa on my old passport before extending it, changing to my husbands name,I was scared if d visa on the old one had become irrelevant cos d paSsport was cancelled witout prejudice.thanks a lot!
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
@henrychubayo,

My old passport was cancelled without prejudice and was handed back to me.

@UBTech,

If you are required to have a 24 month validity on your passport, I will highly recommend that your extend the validity date. You can always attach the old passport to the current one (with rubberband) and submit them both. Embassies usually require previous passports as evidence of previous travel. Let me have your email address, so I can mail the number to you. Also, I seriously doubt that you will get the same number when the passport is finally extended/renewed.

@jaydude,

You are welcome. Have a safe and wonderful trip.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 08, 2012

If you are required to have a 24 month validity on your passport, I will highly recommend that your extend the validity date. You can always attach the old passport to the current one (with rubberband) and submit them both. Embassies usually require previous passports as evidence of previous travel. Let me have your email address, so I can mail the number to you. Also, I seriously doubt that you will get the same number when the passport is finally extended/renewed.

I also sent a mail to you Gmail account posted on the firstpage. thanks
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 7:10am On Jun 08, 2012
@the Baft

As you might have noticed, i have hidden your post where you gave update about the outcome of your passport re-newer.

You have some useful info there as well as some misleading info which was why i took the action.

You don't need to know somebody in immigration to be able to extend your passport, i detest the idea of encouraging corruption, now all you have done is to recruit customers for that particular 'High ranking immigration officer' by giving out his number for people to pay him for passport extension or re-newer.

This is wrong, it will make life difficult for anybody who wants to follow the normal process or somebody who can not afford to bribe or do. . . 'money for hand, back for ground'.

This is why nothing work properly in Nigeria because we encourage corruption and pay for something that was supposed to be free.

If you want to edit your post and remove those misleading info then i'm ready to bring up your post but if i don't read from you any soon then will edit it myself and will make sure that nobody drops contact details here for that high ranking immigration officer.

I really hope that you and others understand where i'm coming from.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 5:58am On Jun 09, 2012
Dear Justwise,

Thank you very much for comments. They are noble yet naive. I narrated my experience at the NIS combined with comments of the people who narrated their experiences while waiting to collect their passports. I am not a crusader going around glorifying corruption, but I do tell a good story as it happened or was told to me.

Your quest to not glorify corruption in Nairaland is commendable but you cannot deny the fact that corruption is still exists. Nairaland may be seen as an utopia of some sort, but that is not the case in the REAL world.

I tell you what... You should start a thread called, "Obtaining a passport in Nigeria ... Please share your experiences", so we can have a candid view from other Nairalanders.

Dear all,

As a result of the high respect that I have for Justwise, I will respect his stand on the matter and refrain from making any further comments on this thread.

Thank you all.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2012
thebaft: Dear Justwise,

Thank you very much for comments. They are noble yet naive. I narrated my experience at the NIS combined with comments of the people who narrated their experiences while waiting to collect their passports. I am not a crusader going around glorifying corruption, but I do tell a good story as it happened or was told to me.

Your quest to not glorify corruption in Nairaland is commendable but you cannot deny the fact that corruption is still exists. Nairaland may be seen as an utopia of some sort, but that is not the case in the REAL world.

I tell you what... You should start a thread called, "Obtaining a passport in Nigeria ... Please share your experiences", so we can have a candid view from other Nairalanders.

Dear all,

As a result of the high respect that I have for Justwise, I will respect his stand on the matter and refrain from making any further comments on this thread.

Thank you all.

thebaft when i hide some posts that i deemed fraudulent or dubious i don't normally tell the poster why i did that but in your case i did because i went through your other posts and noticed that you have been helpful in some sort.

Yes there is corruption in real world but what do we do? Carry on engaging and encouraging it and at the same time moaning about how corrupt Nigeria is?

If me and you want to make any change, no matter how little, we have to stop using short cuts, bribing officials, turning blind eyes to it because others do it.

We don't have any moral right to complain about how bad Nigeria is when we are in fact facilitating corruption ourselves.

If you decided not to comment/help on this thread as you have being doing then i respect your right not to do so but i'm not changing my stands on this.

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by SegsBoogs: 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hi thebaft,

Just read through your detailed posts here....very informative. Could you please let me know if the passport extension carries the old number in the new passport issued.

Thanks for your prompt feedback.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
SegsBoogs: Hi thebaft,

Just read through your detailed posts here....very informative. Could you please let me know if the passport extension carries the old number in the new passport issued.

Thanks for your prompt feedback.

Passport extension carries the same number, they will only stamp the same passport indicating that the passport has being extended to another 5yrs. You can only extend passport once, if that expires then you go for re-newer where you will be given a complete new passport with a new number.

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by SegsBoogs: 9:28am On Jun 17, 2012
justwise:

Passport extension carries the same number, they will only stamp the same passport indicating that the passport has being extended to another 5yrs. You can only extend passport once, if that expires then you go for re-newer where you will be given a complete new passport with a new number.

Many thanks for your reply. Will this be done if the passport has eight months validity to expiry date. Although the remaining blank pages of the passport are just three.

Thanks
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by born2begreat(m): 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
I have my e-passport issued in 2010 and it was lost to fire accident last year. I learnt that to get a new e-passport for lost or stolen i will have to be in Abuja. Now someone confused me today that i can have it done here in Lagos at 35k and the issuing date and passport number will different from the lost one. i dont know if anyone hav an idea about dis. And if its true that i will b going to Abuja, how much is it going to cost? how long is it going to take? coz i can only have 2 days off from my work anything beyond that 2days is sack. Pls i need your help friends...Am lost in confusion
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by sman2020: 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2012
@thebaft,
My e-passport validity remains about 8months. Are you able to give a step by step guide on how to get a renewal (re-issue?) in London, Many thanks.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by funshoolas: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2012
The issue of renewal of e-passport is really given all of us outside Nigeria a terrible headache,right now a lot of Nigerians are looking for ways for renewal of their passport a friend just called me now asking me how he can renew the passport of his wife. I think Nigeria immigration should find something to do concerning this issue.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by dangerzone: 12:25am On Dec 02, 2012
justwise:

Justwise,do you know if i can extend my passport that still carry a 10month validity? the embassy require at least 24month validity,your respond will be helpfull,thanks
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 12:28am On Dec 02, 2012
dangerzone:

Justwise,do you know if i can extend my passport that still carry a 10month validity? the embassy require at least 24month validity,your respond will be helpfull,thanks

As far as i know its 6 months validity, never heard of 24 months. I think you can extend it though i haven't done that before.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by dangerzone: 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2012
justwise: [/b]

As far as i know its 6 months validity, never heard of 24 months. I think you can extend it though i haven't done that before.

Thank you justwise,what I mean is that my passport will expire in 10months time,but the minimum visa I'm expecting on it is 2 years,do u think extension is what I should go for?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by odunmanuel: 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
Can i do renewal on my e-ppt or new one is d only option?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
dangerzone:

Thank you justwise,what I mean is that my passport will expire in 10months time,but the minimum visa I'm expecting on it is 2 years,do u think extension is what I should go for?

You don't need to extend it before applying for visa, you can extend it anytime in Nigeria or outside Nigeria even with the visa on it.

Is this the first extension?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
odunmanuel: Can i do renewal on my e-ppt or new one is d only option?

Have you renewed it before? If no then you can renew it now.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by futurewise11(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2012
@all,
Please kindly resue me on dis situation.d nature of my job doesn't give me time at all.
But there's error on my pp which I need to correct.
Instead of olutayo its tayo that's on the pp.

I approach pp office in ikoyi and talk to 3 differnt immigration officer,I was told I have to abuja for thumbprint .
My question is can I go to abj in one day and get it corrected?or I have to go throgh the immigration guys in lagos,they will do all d processing just
For me to go and thumbprint in one day and go back to lagos cos in my office they can't give me more than one day.

Pls u guys should help me with how to go about it.plssssss
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2012
futurewise11: @all,
Please kindly resue me on dis situation.d nature of my job doesn't give me time at all.
But there's error on my pp which I need to correct.
Instead of olutayo its tayo that's on the pp.

I approach pp office in ikoyi and talk to 3 differnt immigration officer,I was told I have to abuja for thumbprint .
My question is can I go to abj in one day and get it corrected?[b]or I have to go throgh the immigration guys in lagos,they will do all d processing just
[/b]For me to go and thumbprint in one day and go back to lagos cos in my office they can't give me more than one day.

Pls u guys should help me with how to go about it.plssssss

Did they tell you that its possible to do that? All i know is that you must go to Abuja to get any change in e-passport done, if i were you i will beg my boss for 2days off then travel to Abuja and get it done.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by futurewise11(m): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2012
justwise:

Did they tell you that its possible to do that? All i know is that you must go to Abuja to get any change in e-passport done, if i were you i will beg my boss for 2days off then travel to Abuja and get it done.

@justwise

Thx a lot.
The issue is that dis period its practically impossible to get 2 days off being our peak period.
My concern is if I can leave lagos on sunday night for abj and get everything done on monday(ie just one day).

Those immigration guys in lag says they will send all the document and do the processing only for me to go and do thumbprint in one day and leave abj for lag,den there contact in abj will send it to me in lag.

Pls mr jutwise and everybody,pls I need u guys credible advice on how to get it.

Thx
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by obicentlis: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
Please can some one advice me here abt my Passport that got soaked during the flood. I went to embassy to collect Visa, I was denied visa cos of the passport, I was asked to get a new passport. Plz house, what is the process and cost?
Thanks.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by odunmanuel: 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
My e-pasport is 6 mths less nd wil b in use 4 visa pupose soon.Can i extend it 4 d nxt 5 yrs?Can i do dat in Lagos?How much wil it cost me? Pls i care 2 hear 4rm u !
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by henrychubayo: 11:06am On Dec 17, 2012
From my little knowledge, you will get a new passport to replace your expired or damaged one easy and low cost if you have you old passport or damaged one with you. The problem is when you don't have your passport, it becomes hard, costly and difficult to get a new one.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by chiboy1928(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2012
Pls help me I have an old passport wich I have never used but it got expired in 2009 when the e-passport was introduced,so I am confused,I need a new passport nw don't no what to do should I go to the immigration with the old passport that got expired in 2009 or just apply for a new passport and hw much will it cost to get a new passport and hw many days wil it take me to collect it pls I need a reasonable advice it urgent pls.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by chiboy1928(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2012
chiboy1928: Pls help me I have an old passport wich I have never used but it got expired in 2009 when the e-passport was introduced,so I am confused,I need a new passport nw don't no what to do should I go to the immigration with the old passport that got expired in 2009 or just apply for a new passport and hw much will it cost to get a new passport and hw many days wil it take me to collect it pls I need a reasonable advice it urgent pls.
pls I neeeD an urgent reply fr u guys?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by samally: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2012
chiboy1928: pls I neeeD an urgent reply fr u guys?

renewal is around 18k and is instance once you provide the necessary document required by the immigration officers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.