Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

E-passport Renewal/extension - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Renewal/extension (74705 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by ritze(m): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2013
Anthonymighty: Hey guys. I am confused right now after reading all this. In my own case, I was approved for visa on 27th of december 2012 which is some few days back. I'm suppost to pick up my visa at ikeja tomorrow. Before my interview at US embassy lagos, my passport was suppose to expire in June 2013. But now I already have a visa of 2 years on it, what do I do? Do I travel to the US with it because its an F1 visa and I am to resume in April which is just 2 months before the expiry of my passport. I don't know what to do if it is possible to extend it here with my visa on it or travel down in april and have it extended over there. Kindly advice please as this is really bothering me. Thanks

I hv a 2yr b1/b2 valid till 2015
Am not chanced to travel now due to tight schedule
My e passport is expiring in august and I can only travel around july and am staying for abt 8weeks which means wil be back in september.how do I go about it pls
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by ifekayodee(m): 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2013
the cost of an E-passport renewal is just 15k,u'd be given another in place of the expired one,though the processing is more or less like getting a new one..paying 50k for that is a scam..
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by ritze(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
ifekayodee: the cost of an E-passport renewal is just 15k,u'd be given another in place of the expired one,though the processing is more or less like getting a new one..paying 50k for that is a scam..

I know I need the renewal but my question is
: if I do a renewal,they will cancel the old p and I hv a 2yr visa on that..is there gona be a problem @ the POE out there
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by oln: 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
Justwise&all,
Please,If I once had a passport but can't find it anylonger though the passport is to expire in August next year 2014.What do you advice I do.Should I wait till it expires and then go for a new one.Can I get the new one here in Lagos
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
oln: Justwise&all,
Please,If I once had a passport but can't find it anylonger though the passport is to expire in August next year 2014.What do you advice I do.Should I wait till it expires and then go for a new one.Can I get the new one here in Lagos

You can get a new one, you don't need to wait until it expires. Visit immigration office in Lagos there.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by oln: 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
But I heard from a friend that I'll have to go to abuja concering the issue.Meanwhile I'll need a police report as well as an avidavit.
BTW,will really like to talk to you concerning another issue.I had already sent a message to ur box,will appreciate if you reply me.Thanks alot
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
oln: But I heard from a friend that I'll have to go to abuja concering the issue.Meanwhile I'll need a police report as well as an avidavit.
BTW,will really like to talk to you concerning another issue.I had already sent a message to ur box,will appreciate if you reply me.Thanks alot

You need to report your passport missing to the police, they will give you a report which you will take to Immigration for another e-passport.

You can ask me any question here, i try to keep things open here to avoid false accusation

2 Likes

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by doctorbabs(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
BIGER BOY: i just called a friend in the abuja immigration office now. yes you can only do a renewal from abuja, and the official cost is supposed to be 10,000 but if they know you, then you might get it at 15,000. But 50,000? thats outright extortion. goodluck

now can someone please reply me here
https://www.nairaland.com/909260/which-cheapest-flight-ghana-help

Thats not true, u can renew ur passport here in lafos. you can call me for further info: DELETED
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
doctorbabs: .

Thats not true, u can renew ur passport here in lafos. you can call me for further info: DELETED

Call that number for what info?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hmmm I have bee following this thread and I just want to enlighten some people. My name is. DELETED, check me out on facebook, u'll see I'm married to an immigration officer so most of what u're talking abt, I knw them. My husband has helped people. With different difficult passport issues and he's still helping. There are so many things. Abt the e passport that. If stated here, can land you in some serious problems. What you must realize is that,there are soooo many things that can happen without you coming down bt it usually cost a lot of money. If you are having any dfficulty with your passport, call ths number. DELETED. See ya!!!
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ask me any passport issue I'll help you out
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Apr 23, 2013
verrady: Hmmm I have bee following this thread and I just want to enlighten some people. My name is. DELETED, check me out on facebook, u'll see I'm married to an immigration officer so most of what u're talking abt, I knw them. My husband has helped people. With different difficult passport issues and he's still helping. There are so many things. Abt the e passport that. If stated here, can land you in some serious problems. What you must realize is that,there are soooo many things that can happen without you coming down bt it usually cost a lot of money. If you are having any dfficulty with your passport, call ths number. DELETED. See ya!!!

If you want to contribute to the thread then do it here, there is no point dropping number to be called

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
justwise:

If you want to contribute to the thread then do it here, ther is no point dropping number to be called
my brother, most of the questions they ask, can only be done from behind and such discussions can not be done in a forum like this cos u don't knw who's listening.I hope you understand!!!
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
verrady: my brother, most of the questions they ask, can only be done from behind and such discussions can not be done in a forum like this cos u don't knw who's listening.I hope you understand!!!

Nothing should be secret about getting a passport, its only when people are planning to commit fraud that they want the discussion in private.

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 13, 2013
mercylicious:

Renewal can only bε̲̣ done if ur E passport has expired. Bt if i†̥ has not expired, wat ull d̶̲̥̅̊o is extension. Renewal is cheap, but extension is expensive. I was also told 50k for extension and I tot i†̥ was a̶̲̥̅̊ joke. Even if they collect ur pp at anyother immigration office, they will still send i†̥ to Abuja . U'll also bε̲̣ required to go to Abuja for data capture, bt ur lenght of stay in Abuja will bε̲̣ reduced cos ull bε̲̣ informed to come to Abuja wen they are ready to capture ur Data. Ask ur Lag contact if they will d̶̲̥̅̊o data capture at Lagos. U can't collect i†̥ same day after data capture at Abuja o o. I†̥ gets ready like.2 to 3 days after dt and they can send i†̥ down to u depending on d artangement if u hv left Abuja.
However, if ur pp is d old one, u can get a̶̲̥̅̊ new E pp at any Immigration office close to u. Its officially 9K but they collect 15 to 18k.
Give us update if u succeed wit the extension in Lag.
can you clarify the difference between renewal and extension?.
My e-passport is about to expire and I would also need to do a change of name as I am now married. under what category would this be? thank you.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 13, 2013
jaydude: Thebaft thank you very much for the info,what a relief! I was already scared cos I had a uk visa on my old passport before extending it, changing to my husbands name,I was scared if d visa on the old one had become irrelevant cos d paSsport was cancelled witout prejudice.thanks a lot!
how did you go about the change of name?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 13, 2013
verrady: Ask me any passport issue I'll help you out
how much is the legal cost for a change of name?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by internetpo(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
Some of these issues you guys are talking about can be resolved. Go to the immigration website and seek for help or search out blogs or websites that cover detailedly these issues you are facing. I would have dropped my blog url here too but our Aggressively inclined mods will end up yanking it off.

And for those accusing people that want to help of fraud or spam, watch yourself. Not every one is a scammer.

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by surecan: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
Justwise pls assist me, according to immigration website,they said that standard Nigeria passport have a life span of 10 years with initial validity of 5 years,now my question is can they just extend it after that 5 years to another 5 years making it 10 years as stated or they will issue a new passport,because i approached embassy where i reside,they said they will extend it to another 5 years that i dont need a new one,if so will embassy accept this extension type
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by greenmatorganic: 11:54am On Nov 14, 2015
justwise:

If you want to contribute to the thread then do it here, there is no point dropping number to be called

I like this open approach so much, nothing in secret, "stealing isn't corruption' says who?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
greenmatorganic:

I like this open approach so much, nothing in secret, "stealing isn't corruption' says who?

Oh well...some Nigerians will disagree with you on that.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by opomulero(m): 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Good Afternoon NL,

Please can i renew my Nigerian E-PASSPORT , 7-8 months before its expiration.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Savvybrown: 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
please, my passport was issued 22th Dec 2011, ought to expire 21st Dec 2016...meanwhile, i intend travelling to US by June 2016 for first visit, is it possible to get the passport renewed on-or-before going, or if i use it to process a visa perhaps this month of April, can the embassy favor me despite the short time of expiration?

please, i truly need your comment on this.
thanks
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Rihannaola(f): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2016
Savvybrown:
please, my passport was issued 22th Dec 2011, ought to expire 21st Dec 2016...meanwhile, i intend travelling to US by June 2016 for first visit, is it possible to get the passport renewed on-or-before going, or if i use it to process a visa perhaps this month of April, can the embassy favor me despite the short time of expiration?

please, i truly need your comment on this.
thanks
Embassies often require that your passport has 6 months validity at the time of travel. So if you were traveling e.g in 2 weeks and your passport expires in 2 months, that's a big problem! So you should get a new one in place.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by ochukoccna: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
honey86:

can you clarify the difference between renewal and extension?.
My e-passport is about to expire
Can somebody please give insight into honey 96's original post?
I modified the question she asked to frame my intended question
And please can someone illuminate how much it costs to EXTEND a soon to expire e-passport
Its a shame the NIS website has no information regarding renewal or extension of e-passports?
All i saw on other Nairaland threads is the cost of RENEWING an e-passport
Or is it that RENEWAL and EXTENSION the same thing in the Nigerian context? undecided undecided
Thank you
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by tunddy(m): 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
Good morning,please i need someone to advice me with this,i have an international passport but it has expired,my dad ask me to do affidavit for change of surname and apply for a new passport because someone told him the cost of changing the surname on passport is like 150,000 naira......hope if i do affidavit for change of surname and apply for a new passport hope It will work out and hope it will not affect all my certificate e.g my school certificate, in anyway
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by mkmyers45(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
tunddy:
Good morning,please i need someone to advice me with this,i have an international passport but it has expired,my dad ask me to do affidavit for change of surname and apply for a new passport because someone told him the cost of changing the surname on passport is like 150,000 naira......hope if i do affidavit for change of surname and apply for a new passport hope It will work out and hope it will not affect all my certificate e.g my school certificate, in anyway

Not true...Just go to the nearest passport office near you.

Didnt cost me more than 25k
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 16, 2016
Nice
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by ochukoccna: 8:57am On Jan 12, 2017
This thread is loooooonnnngggggg DEAD! embarassed embarassed
No answers for over a month undecided undecided
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by MelaninGemstone(f): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2021
opomulero:
Good Afternoon NL,

Please can i renew my Nigerian E-PASSPORT , 7-8 months before its expiration.

Morning sir, I know this is a very old thread, but we’re you able to do it ?

I mean renew your E-passport 7-8 months before it’s expiration?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 10 Most Expensive Private Jets In The World And Their Owners / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.