Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,861 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. (2034 Views)

Please Advice: I Want To Send 150k To Gazzuzz To Send Me A Car Engine Down. / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 01, 2012
Hello Friends,

I don't know how this might sound to some of you but i just need advice. I'm a 200L university student in Oyo State , I've been saving some money from my income in case i need to use money urgently. But few days ago i heard that i can get a classic beetle (Ijapa) for #30,000 but i don't know if it's true or not. Below are questions i would like you my friends to help me answer.

1. How much can i get the beetle,I guess it's gonna be used.
2. I'm i gonna be able to maintain the car, my monthly allowance na 5,000. Don't laugh at me o
3. Please i need someone with experience to tell me more about the car. If you want i can call.
4. Lastly, Where can i get the car because i can't seem to find any auto shop ready to sell that kain car.

Please i'll be standing by for your advise. Thanks
Cheers
Cheers.

Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by inspiredm(m): 12:02am On Apr 02, 2012
mistypiper: Hello Friends,

I don't know how this might sound to some of you but i just need advice. I'm a 200L university student in Oyo State , I've been saving some money from my income in case i need to use money urgently. But few days ago i heard that i can get a classic beetle (Ijapa) for #30,000 but i don't know if it's true or not. Below are questions i would like you my friends to help me answer.

2. I'm i gonna be able to maintain the car, my monthly allowance na 5,000. Don't laugh at me o
3. Please i need someone with experience to tell me more about the car. If you want i can call.
4. Lastly, Where can i get the car because i can't seem to find any auto shop ready to sell that kain car.

Cheers
Cheers.

If your Monthly Allowance is 5,000 Naira, thats an Average of 170 Naira Per Day.

1 Litre of Petrol is 97 Naira.

Even If Someone Were to Give you a Car Free of Charge Ill Advise you dont take it. Keep Saving till when you can Comfortably Set aside at least 20,000 Naira Per Month to maintain a Car.

Cheers
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by honeric01(m): 12:15am On Apr 02, 2012
Are u trying to use the ijapa for business or for pleasure? pleasure no, business maybe good.
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by Prestonvic(m): 12:44am On Apr 02, 2012
pls go for a very good bicycle atleast you won't buy fuel...

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by tollytexy(m): 1:09am On Apr 02, 2012
why u no kuku buy BMX bicycle? u go drink Shepe and alomo before u pedal and u go dey chew chewing gum.. walahi..u go fit pedal 10hrs before u know it

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by lukkie(m): 3:17am On Apr 02, 2012
I know the urge to buy a car is strong but there is no reasonable car you can buy for N30k. Even if you manage to get one, its maintenance will kill you. Remember you still have to do other things out of your N5k allowee o. And you don't want a car headache to distract from your studies.

If you have to move around and it's safe to ride a bicycle in your area, you can buy a very trendy/sporty-looking bike for well under-N20k. Or in the extreme, a used motorcycle if you fancy that, only problem is that people may be hailing you thinking you're an okada man.

If you don't fancy either of the above, just be PATIENT, face your studies and ensure to get a 2:1. When you start working you'll buy more than a car sef. All the people you see buying multi-million cars now were once Legedes-Benz drivers before but everything has its own time.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by Exponental(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
To buy a good tokunbo tyre is about 5k. If u need 4, 20k, add dat 2 cost of purchase. I didnt say new tyres cos of cost.
My broda.........set priorities. Dont live above ur income.
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by femmy2010(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2012
Don't use your money to buy what would kill you oo.
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by vibe222: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2012
My friend, face your studies and graduate with a good grade
and someday, your effort in school with God's favour shall
get you a job that you will buy for yourself a jeep.
Do not rush for anything.
Face your studies and leave car alone.
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by Jarus(m): 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2012
vibe_222: My friend, face your studies and graduate with a good grade
and someday, your effort in school with God's favour shall
get you a job that you will buy for yourself a jeep.
Do not rush for anything.
Face your studies and leave car alone.

Gold!!!
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by Kx: 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2012
[size=14pt]
honeric01: Are u trying to use the ijapa for business or for pleasure? pleasure no, business maybe good.
[/size]
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by Kx: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2012
honeric01: Are u trying to use the ijapa for business or for pleasure? pleasure no, business maybe good.
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by vitality22(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
Bros, do you want to die early? think! think!! think!!!
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by hymadon: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
I can't just stop laughing cus, dis guy must be a gud joke... lol cheesy
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by worldman2: 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
My brother I have one ijapa for sale for 30k but I just sold the four tyre to my neighbour the engine is a tokunbo engine but no plug if u Can afford it u Can call but just calculate the expenses and get back to me
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by deshclones(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2012
mistypiper: Hello Friends,

Cheers
Cheers.

i don laff die grin grin grin grin grin

o boy no just buy wetin go kill you..a 30k car is a blood car..it will drain your finances on a daily basis..manage your leggedez benz till you have a reasonable source of income..car no dey finish...first things first bro.. cool cool
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by AreaFada2: 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
I think Poster is an Economics or Sociology student.
He must be doing it for a project either:

(i) To study how people can sometimes fall into the trap of acquiring something because they yearn for a certain perceived social status (motive, peril, lessons therefrom)

Or

(ii) How people can acquire a luxury (relative to economic circumstances) without planning how to finance it and the potential consequences thereof.

A 200L student should be educated/enlightened enough to set priorities. Afterall somebody even with 100k in his account and a very modest income of 15k monthly would not dream of buying a car if not for business.

The joke is on us the respondents.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by gulfer: 9:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
If today was April foos dayl, all that hae responded have fallen for the poster's joke. It is what it is; a joke grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Advice, I need a car for N30,000, I earn N5,000 a Month. by gulfer: 9:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
If today was April fools dayl, all that hae responded have fallen for the poster's joke. It is what it is; a joke grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Buying A High Mileage Car........must Read / 2007 Camry V6 22 Pin Gear Behaving Very Funny / Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.