Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,456 members, 7,958,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:13 PM

Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students (17025 Views)

Armed Robbers Attack Bullion Van On Rsust Campus. / Armed Robbers Attack Bus Passengers At Ore - Pictures / Robbers Attack Luxury Bus, r-a-p-e Schoolgirls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 02, 2012
By Evelyn Usman, Shola Ogundipe, Chioma Obinna and Ifeanyin Okolie
LAGOS — A luxury bus belonging to Ekenedilichukwu transport company with 42 female students of a secondary school (name withheld) on board was weekend attacked by a 12-man robbery gang at Oke-Odo, along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun State. Some of the female students were reportedly raped by the hoodlums.

The students said to be returning to their parents in Lagos for the Easter holidays, were also reportedly dispossessed of cash, GSM handsets and other valuables which monetary value could not be immediately ascertained.

Report said they left Enugu for Lagos on Saturday morning but the luxury bus developed a mechanical fault which could not be repaired immediately.

Another luxury bus with Number Plate XW 875 LSR was brought by the transport company to convey the stranded students to Lagos. But by then it was already late in the evening.

However, on reaching Oke-Odo at about 11.40pm, the gun-wielding robbers reportedly intercepted the luxury bus, ordering all passengers to lie down, cooperate or risk losing their lives.

Report also said that the robbers thereafter, hijacked the luxury bus and drove it far inside the bush, where they allegedly gang- raped some of the teenage students and made away with their valuables.

Meanwhile, in Lagos, parents and relatives of the victims became apprehensive after waiting endlessly for their wards. Tension heightened when they got wind of the attack which made them to pass the night at the park, waiting for their return.

When the students eventually arrived yesterday morning, parents and relatives wailed at the sight of some of the blood-stained teenagers.

Some however, were dazed as they could not find their wards among those that came in. An unconfirmed report however had it that some of the passengers fled while the robbery was going on in Ogun State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/robbers-attack-luxury-bus-rape-students/
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by womer: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2012
These robbers are really not a man, the police should pay attention to them.Heavy fines them.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Callotti: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2012
If your parents are in Lagos hustling, the welfare of the children should not be sacrificed! Gone are those days when fathers took responsibility for their children, by personally driving their own children to and from school! Thank God for responsible parents! cool Imagine being disvirgined/imprenated by robbers? Nigeria na wah!!! I am sure these are Ogbonge Christians o! Why wait to claim 72 virgins after death, when you can get them driving to Lagos from Enugu for Easter? This God na waya o! grin All things are truly possible!!!!!
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by ochukoccna: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2012
Sick news from a banana republic going bunkers.
Saw this story yesterday and felt sickened.
I hope those girls who got violated can get their lives back on track.
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by feelamong(m): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2012
Clearly.. this transport coy has a lot of questions to answer…If i were the parents of these girls. I would make sure that I sue this coy to their last kobo and make sure they never transport anyboy to HELL again!! How can you put a bus of 42 school girls on the Road by 11.40PM…If not for their selfish aim…

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by LailaIkeji1: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2012
wooow. this is terrible
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2012
very horrible. how I wish we were in the old days when God gives instant judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by LogicMind: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2012
feelamong: Clearly.. this transport coy has a lot of questions to answer…If i were the parents of these girls. I would make sure that I sue this coy to their last kobo and make sure they never transport anyboy to HELL again!! How can you put a bus of 42 school girls on the Road by 11.40PM…If not for their selfish aim…

becos it aint illegal man. chill for bus company.
the real question is where was the police?
where is the state?

imagine if this country was divided and you hear news like "biafran school girls travelling to lagos ra.ped in odua". Some presidents will have a lot to answer for.
we must strive towards self determination.
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by maclatunji: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2012
Sad story, Nigeria keeps on failing every day. My heart breaks for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by oobim(m): 9:36am On Apr 02, 2012
why did the coy have to take d risk of still conveying them.they could have lodged them in any hotel close by and continued the next morning.

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Loskee(f): 9:39am On Apr 02, 2012
womer: These robbers are really not a man, the police should pay attention to them.Heavy fines them.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]

what the he.ck did you just post? shocked do you consider it comprehensible in any way? it just looks like a chinese-english translation of what you had in mind!
SMH undecided

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Magnanimity(m): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2012
feelamong: Clearly.. this transport coy has a lot of questions to answer…If i were the parents of these girls. I would make sure that I sue this coy to their last kobo and make sure they never transport anyboy to HELL again!! How can you put a bus of 42 school girls on the Road by 11.40PM…If not for their selfish aim…
Read well before commenting. And don't wish ur self one of their parents cos u duno tomorrow :|
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2012
^M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ tort exaclty
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by achi4u(m): 9:43am On Apr 02, 2012
Crime against humanity
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2012
*Yawns* Eyyyhhhyaaaah
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by rastamouse: 9:47am On Apr 02, 2012
The number one question that I ask is, where in eternity would he have found himself if he had been killed. Read these heart wrenching real Heaven and Hell stories http://heavenandhellstories..com/
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Skii(m): 9:53am On Apr 02, 2012
The IGP ordered police officers of the roads when he said no more "illegal" checkpoints!!

The officers manning the "legal" ones whether due to laziness or in solidarity with their colleagues disengaged from their "accruing" process also took of the streets,,,sadly, an invitation for the men of the under world to have a field day
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Juzhilz(m): 9:55am On Apr 02, 2012
Callotti: If your parents are in Lagos hustling, the welfare of the children should not be sacrificed! Gone are those days when fathers took responsibility for their children, by personally driving their own children to and from school! Thank God for responsible parents! cool Imagine being disvirgined/imprenated by robbers? Nigeria na wah!!! I am sure these are Ogbonge Christians o! Why wait to claim 72 virgins after death, when you can get them driving to Lagos from Enugu for Easter? This God na waya o! grin All things are truly possible!!!!!
I wonder Y u choose 2 make a joke of a serious issue lyk this? Gaaawd! Juz imagine 4 1 sec, 1 of d victims was ur sister or relative?

I pray GOD gv d girls d courage n strength 2 pull thru. I think counsellin 2 myt help.

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by kombats: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2012
hmm dis superstory sound fishy secondary skul student with gadget and a lot of money
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Abmarshalo(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2012
This is a very serious problem. Our IG of police shld as A matter of urgency recind his decision that our police men Should leave our high ways. Barely 2weeks after that order was given, armed attacks have been on d rise.

Jst penultimate weekend a co staff was traveling to Onitsha and their Luxry bus was attacked and they kept askin ppl d amt they have in their Accts and pplp were sayn d truth until it came to d turn of one business trader And he innocently told them that he had N4m and they took him along wt them uptil today,they have been withdrawing frm his act ATM. True life story.
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by EagleNest(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2012
Carelessness in high places! Why did the bus company transport school girls at that time of the day. Do they think that Nigeria is safe or what? The bus company messed up big time. This has been a common practise only that at this time they were not lucky. Will you ever think that the police will arrest the perpetrators of this acts? This is a sacrilage! Those robbers are simply animals and should be caged or killed. I weep for these innocent girls, this is the price you pay for being a Nigerian citizen existing and moving in a malfunctioning system called Nigeria. Who will bail the cat? Who will think for us? To your tents O'Nigerians. This is the time or never...

1 Like

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by donguutti: 10:05am On Apr 02, 2012
WTf, : (
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by donguutti: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2012
WTF, reckless and totally preventable situation,
1)why would a driver of a bus continue a journey at night in full knowledge of the dangers of doing such

2) when did holy rosary sec sch start chartering buses exclusively for students, that was irresponsible as those young girls
would not have had the ability to caution or stop the driver, b4 the students usually boarded Ekedilichukwu buses with
other adults not by themselves,i know this because my younger sis is an alumnus of the school and took the same journey
countless times, also my cousin would have been on that bus if she not for the fact that she is spending the holidays
with her grand parents.

culpability on the part of ekenedilichukwu and the SCHOOL in the owners of the school.sue all of them for mind-boggling sums
but first trauma treatment for the youngsters who went through the ugly situation.
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 02, 2012
I always imagine these stories to be fictitious. I just can't visualise how horrible the whole experience would be for those that are unfortunate enough to witness it. It's just so atrocious.

The ramifications of this sort of tragedy are too terrible to think of. Some of the girls that were virgins, some well-behaved, etc are all of a sudden despoiled by filthy animals and probably impregnated or infected with umpteen infections and diseases. How unfair can life be?
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by stepo707: 10:12am On Apr 02, 2012
Goddamnit! This is getting too much. sad
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by Callotti: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2012
Juzhilz:
I wonder Y u choose 2 make a joke of a serious issue lyk this? Gaaawd! Juz imagine 4 1 sec, 1 of d victims was ur sister or relative?

I pray GOD gv d girls d courage n strength 2 pull thru. I think counsellin 2 myt help.

We all have different ways of coping with tragedy. I choose to use sarcasm and humor. It does not need to involve my sister or relative.
Not a crime. Thank you. I hope the same God that allowed this abomination to take place answers your prayers! Where was he when this heinous crime was committed by his so-called children? Abi na Boko Haram do am?
Tsk!
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by titsqueez(m): 10:15am On Apr 02, 2012
when will they start deploying the military to man our high ways for God sake. Its high time!!!
Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by sleekysol(f): 10:16am On Apr 02, 2012
Pls it is proper to understand the direction of the IG to remove illegal checkpoints from the high way. There are legal checkpoints and i tell you the truth if the police officers meant to mount legal checkpoints declined to do that cuz of the order then God will hold them accountable for events like this. I pray God gives succor to those kids violated and to those cowards they will feel God's wrath cuz peace will be far from them

1 Like

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by jmaine: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2012
Well it has being common practice for the PTA in Lagos to arrange for trans coy to convey their wards who scholled far away from Lagos . . .and in our time it was the Chisco trans coy who did that way back in the mid 90's . . .

So for those who want to blame the parents for not picking up their wards should shut the hell up . .the main essesnce of this move is to ensure they travel together rather than in isolation where they might be at the mercy of evil strangers or company

now back to the story . .this is quite sad . . .am sure the rouges had a field day . .cos this bus was isolated since night travel is very unpopular these days . .gone are the days when luxurious buses travelled at night in packs with 2 mobile police excorts in each of them

The driver in their usual manner . . .threw caution to the wind by assuming the roads were safe at that late hour . . .cos they always assume at the detriment of their passengers . . .the trans coy needs some serious reviewing of the company policies and their journey management plan . . . News like this are so embarrasing and heart wrenching . . .

1 Like

Re: Robbers Attack Luxury Bus Along Ore-Shagamu Expressway, Ogun & Violate Students by sheyguy: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2012
I feel like running outa Nigeria after hearing this SO SO SAD STORY. . . . Haba!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Smuggled Goods Worth N130m Seized By Customs In 1 Month (see Photos) / Unrepentant Fake Soldier Arrested In Ogun (Photo) / EFCC Arraigns Directors Of Origin Oil And Gas Over N735m Subsidy Scam (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.