Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! (4135 Views)

Cairn Energy PLC UK / Got This Mail From ...cairn Energy. Agr Pioneering Acht Corp / Cairn Energy Plc Uk -job Scam !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! by santanovva(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2012
Hello House,

A friend of mine went online looking for a job and saw a vacancy. She submitted her CV to the company and got the mail below

[b]Subject: NOTIFICATION OF APPOINTMENT

FROM THE DESK OF THE CHAIRMAN CAIRN ENERGY PLC UK
CORPORATE & REGISTERED OFFICE: UPPER GROUND FLOOR
50 LOTHIAN ROAD

EDINBURGH

EH3 9By

UK.

ATTENTION:OLAxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx,

Sequel to the closure of submission of resumes,we have positively screened and confirmed you suitable to fill the gap required for the smooth administration of these great company.This is an affirmation that you have emerged successful and being appointed for the position stated above.Attached herein are your
1. Appointment Letter.
2. Terms of agreement that you are to read very well, accept by
Printing and signing it and sending back to us via email attachment.
3.Work Permit Visa Form, which you are to fill and return back to us before your interview date.

Kindly, note that you have to provide a scanned copy of your National I.D Card or RELEVANT PAGES OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORTS along with the copy of your ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE PAPERS, which you are to obtain from the companies local soliciting law firm in your country (FOUNDATION CHAMBERS) before your VISA interview date, Due to past experiences the company has had with International and local staffs working with us currently,along side the current security challenges in your country ,the Company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidate to submit an ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be legally and officially cleared by the companies legal practitioner so as to make sure that we are employing a honest and terror free applicant into our reputable firm so as not to fall victim to predators as advised by our security department in line with the current security challenges , kindly note that you are requested to print- out the Soft copy of your appointment Letter and the copy of YOUR ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE which you will present to the company on the brief face to face Interview date.

Due to long distance and time frame in booking an appointment with the companies solicitors, you are advised to make contact with the companies solicitor via their email or their phone contact as stated below to enable you meet up on time for the interview on 23rd of March. As soon as you complete their procedures they will forward the hard or soft copies of your A.T.C PAPERS TO YOU. which you are to come along with on the interview date for security reasons.

Note also, that you are responsible for the cost of procuring your papers as the company will reimburse any fee spent while processing your clearance papers,so you are humbly advised to procure your papers on your own expense while the company will reimburse back any fund spent while procuring these very valuable and important clearance papers as soon as your first month salary is due for payment you shall be reimbursed.
The resident work permit clearance certificate that is needed for any Employee to work in UK should come from the UK Immigration herein UK. There for attached to this mail is a U.K Visa Form that will be Filled in block letter and submitted.

We will take care of the expenses and the provision of WORK/RESIDENT PERMIT PAPERS AND VISA. Employees would have to provide a Scan Copy of their International passport to enable us undertake the processing of their work and resident permit paper issue.

Below is the contact information of the Attorney that you are to contact immediately to obtain a valid ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE PAPER

FOUNDATION CHAMBERS
Contact Name: Barr Donald Ibebuike
Designation: Legal Practitioner & Immigration Attorney
Telephone: +2348138057283
Email: donaldibebuike@yahoo.com
Address: 54 River street old GRA, Umuahia, Abia state..

DATE OF INTERVIEW-6th OF APR 2012

VENUE OF INTERVIEW-British Deputy High Commission Office,11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island,Lagos,Nigeria

Contact Person-Mr George Webber

TIME-9AM

Contact the Attorney if the terms below and attached are suitable with you, indicate your telephone numbers and resident Address while contacting the attorney.

Note that failure to provide a valid A.T.C PAPER ON YOUR INTERVIEW DATE, will mean an automatic termination of your Appointment.

You are advised to write a letter for reimbursement addressed to the Chief Accountant Mrs. VANNESSA COLE showing a scanned copy of payment receipts, approval letter from the Attorney here in UK, letter for the 75% advance salary of the first two months and account information where the reimbursement will be paid.(This is only payable once an evidence of the A.T.C PAPER is shown by our legal representatives here in BRITAIN)
Note: Please do present an Account information that is accredited and money receivable by you.

Best regards as we are waiting to receive you on the interview date.

Thank you.

Mr. Richard Wilson
H.R.D MANAGER
CAIRN ENERGY P.L.C UNITED KINGDOM.
Telephone: +447024046366
Working Time : Mon — Fri. 9:00 — 4:00pm

Based on the little I know, i can smell a scam when I see one and this is definitely one!
I called the numbers in the mail and the so-called attorney was very jittery and eventually summed up swag and started requesting for scanned ID, International passport, etc all in a bid to set me up for the Anti-terrirism Clearance payment...he don jam rock!

In your job search quest, please be careful
[/b]
Re: CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! by memememe: 11:37pm On May 23, 2012
Hello House,

I am so glad to verify the realness of this so called employment opportunity from a so called company.And to my amazement,this is what I found out.

CAREERS.STATOIL UK careers.statoil@yahoo.co.uk

4:10 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
STAT OIL AND GAS Company Ltd
NO 120 Grove Promenade,
Ilkley,
West Yorkshire
LS29 8AF
http://www.statoil.com

ATTENTION:Kingsley Raymond Pius ,

Sequel to the closure of submission of resumes,we have positively screened and confirmed you suitable to fill the gap required for the smooth administration of these(this) great company.This is an affirmation that you have emerged successful and being(been) appointed for the position stated above.Attached herein are your
1. Appointment Letter,accept by Printing and signing it and sending back to us via email attachment.
3.Work Permit Visa Form, which you are to fill and return back(it is correct to say RETURN,not RETURN BACK) to us before your interview date.

Kindly, note that you have to provide a scanned copy of your National I.D Card or RELEVANT PAGES OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORTS along with the copy of your ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE PAPERS, which you are to obtain from the companies(company's) local soliciting law firm in your country (HOLDINGS CHAMBERS) before your VISA interview date, Due to past experiences the company has had with International and local staffs working with us currently,along side the current security challenges in your country ,the Company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidate to submit an ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be legally and officially cleared by the companies legal practitioner so as to make sure that we are employing a honest and terror free applicant into our reputable firm so as not to fall victim to predators as advised by our security department in line with the current security challenges , kindly note that you are requested to print- out the Soft copy of your appointment Letter and the copy of YOUR ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE which you will present to the company on the brief face to face Interview date.

Due to long distance and time frame in booking an appointment with the companies solicitors, you are advised to make contact with the companies solicitor via their email or their phone contact as stated below to enable you meet up on time for the interview on 26th of may. As soon as you complete their procedures they will forward the hard or soft copies of your A.T.C PAPERS TO YOU. which you are to come along with on the interview date for security reasons.

Note also, that you are responsible for the cost of procuring your papers as the company will reimburse any fee spent while processing your clearance papers,so you are humbly advised to procure your papers on your own expense while the company will reimburse back(you can say REIMBURSE.,not reimburse back) any fund spent while procuring these very valuable and important clearance papers as soon as your first month salary is due for payment you shall be reimbursed.
The resident work permit clearance certificate that is needed for any Employee to work in UK should come from the UK Immigration herein UK. There for attached to this mail is a U.K Visa Form that will be Filled in block letter and submitted.

We will take care of the expenses and the provision of WORK/RESIDENT PERMIT PAPERS AND VISA. Employees would have to provide a Scan Copy of their International passport to enable us undertake the processing of their work and resident permit paper issue.

Below is the contact information of the Attorney that you are to contact immediately to obtain a valid ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE PAPER

OPERATIONS OFFICE:HOLDINGS CHAMBERS
Contact Name: Barrister OLIVER ENYINNAYA (Esq)
Designation: Legal Practitioner & Senior Advocate
Telephone: +2348155235241
Email: oliver.enyinnaya@lawyer.com
Address: Abuja:no 36. Wuse Zone 2, FCT Abuja

DATE OF INTERVIEW- 26th OF May 2012

VENUE OF INTERVIEW-British Deputy High Commission Office,11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island,Lagos,Nigeria

Contact Person-Mr Adeliyi Patrick

TIME-9AM

Contact the Attorney if the terms below and attached are suitable with you, indicate your telephone numbers and resident Address while contacting the attorney.

Note that failure to provide a valid A.T.C PAPER ON YOUR INTERVIEW DATE, will mean an automatic termination of your Appointment.

You are advised to write a letter for reimbursement addressed to the Chief Accountant Mrs. Irene Williams showing a scanned copy of payment receipts, approval letter from the Attorney here in UK, letter for the 75% advance salary of the first two months and account information where the reimbursement will be paid.(This is only payable once an evidence of the A.T.C PAPER is shown by our legal representatives here in BRITAIN)
Note: Please do present an Account information that is accredited and money receivable by you.

Best regards as we are waiting to receive you on the interview date.

Thank you.

Mr. LUCK PETER
H.R.D MANAGER
STAT OIL AND GAS Company Ltd.
2 attachments — Download all attachments
APPOINTMENT LETTER.docx APPOINTMENT LETTER.docx
28K View Download
UK_VISA_FORM.pdf UK_VISA_FORM.pdf
24K View Download

It is the SAME SCAM....Thank God I was being watchful... They sent me a text to my phone and made some mistakes in the present and past tense,so that made me suspect at first.And going through the email, I noticed more and more mistakes which made me go into www.google.com, so search for the so called Document called [b][/b]ANTI TERRORISM CLEARANCE PAPERS...I have put the correction of the mistakes they made in the bracket,right next to their mistake which gave them up.

Also, I attached the appointment letter they sent to me which had another MAJOR mistake again, hahaha..!! I thought they introduced themselves as STAT OIL AND GAS Company Ltd, somewhere in the appointment letter these scammers forgot to edit '' Quarmby Construction Company Ltd '' into STAT OIL AND GAS Company Ltd.STAT OIL AND GAS Company Ltd and Quarmby Construction Company Ltd are two DIFFERENT companies doing two different things entirely. One is into oil and gas and the other is into building construction..How is that for an EXPLOSION..??

Do RESEARCH about offers you get.The appointment letter says,I will get over 10k pounds per month when I already know the most salary I can get as a customer service representative in the UK will never be more than 5kpounds per month.Which is very very OK. People,do not JUMP into offers too good to be true..

Thanks..

Re: CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! by memememe: 11:49pm On May 23, 2012
Hey people, I just noticed something again.It is interesting. It is the same guy who sent that same email to the first person who posted this alert on here that sent it to me tooooooo ooooohhh...

This is how the person signed off as to the first person who first talked about this alert.

Mr. Richard Wilson
H.R.D MANAGER

How do I know if it is the same person running this SCAM?? This what the same person sent to me too below.If you take a closer look, you will see it is the same UK Phone number, but they just changed the H.R.D MANAGER name and company name.But I still figured them out.

Mr. LUCK PETER
H.R.D MANAGER

Be WATCHFUL and always make RESEARCH people..!!! BE WISE...!!!
Re: CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! by vatyxco(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
This is what he sent to me,
oliver.enyinnaya is a scammer
Attn: Oye.....,
With reference to your application with us, as screened and evaluated by us over your submitted resume/CV, STAT OIL AND GAS Company Ltd is pleased to offer you a provisional appointment as SITE SUPERVISOR .We are desirous of having you work with us after this assessment by us, as we see your skills as value addition to our company and our clients respectively.
It is expected that you join us as early as possible but not later than one (1) Month, beyond which the offer would be in abeyance, until a new date may be considered by us.On acceptance of this Appointment you are to submit the following referenced documents below to us via email and also be present with the below requirements on your visa interview date:
1. One (1) Passport Size photographs
2. Your Signed copy of the appointment letter
3. International Workers Certificate
z2
This Offer of Expatriate Work contract is contingent upon the fulfillment of all the above referenced engagement provisions within the time frame allotted to it.
Kindly, acknowledge the receipt of this offer and if acceptable to your expectation, sign the appointment letter copy as a token of your acceptance and return same to us within Ten days of acceptance.
Kindly, note that you have to provide a scanned copy of your National Identity Card or RELEVANT PAGES OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORTS along with the copy of your INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE, which you are to procure from the companies soliciting law firm in your local country (HOLDINGS CHAMBERS) a subsidiary of BARNEY IMMIGRATION SOLICITORS United Kingdom before your VISA interview date, if you do not already have it.
Due to past experiences the company has had with International and local staffs working with us currently,along
side the current security challenges in your country ,the Company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidate to submit an INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be legally and officially cleared by the companies anti terror department so as to make sure that we are employing a terror free applicant into our reputable firm so as not to fall victim to the high level sanctions being given as a result of defaulting in that order and also as advised by our security department in line with the current security challenges,
kindly note that you are requested to print- out the Soft copy of your appointment Letter and the copy of your INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE which you will present to the company on the brief face to face Visa Interview date.
Due to long distance and the short time frame in booking an appointment with the companies solicitors, you are advised to make contact with the companies solicitor via their phone/email contact, as stated below to enable you meet up with the interview on the 19th of JUL. As soon as you complete their procedures they will forward the hard or soft copies of an INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE, which you are to come along with on the interview date for security reasons.
Note also, that you are responsible for the COST of procuring your INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE,as this will enable the company to sponsor your Visa,Work/Residence Permit Papers and flight ticket including one month upfront salary in other for you to settle your local expense before your embark on your trip to Aberdeen.
The resident work permit clearance certificate that is needed for any
Employee to work in UK should come from the Scottish Immigration here in Britain. Therefore attached to this mail is a BRITISH Visa Form that will be Filled in block letters and submitted.
Below is the contact information of the Attorney that you are to contact immediately to obtain a valid INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE
Contact Name: Barrister OLIVER ENYINNAYA  (Esq)
Designation:  Legal Practitioner & Senior Advocate
Telephone:
+2348155235241Email:
oliver.enyinnaya@lawyer.comAddress:No. 4, Human Rights Avenue,(Formerly Club Road)
P.O.Box 726,Kano
Nigeria,
VENUE OF INTERVIEW-British High Commission (Management and Visa Sections)
Address: Chancery Building 19 Torren Close
Off Mississippi Street,
Off Shehu Shagari Way (North)
Maitama Abuja.
DATE OF INTERVIEW-19th  OF JUL 2012
TIME-10AM
For further clarification regarding your appointment with us, you are advised to contact the Human Resource Manager's office through.
STAT OIL AND GAS Company Ltd
NO 120 Grove Promenade,
Ilkley,
West Yorkshire
LS29 8AF
London,U.K
Tel:+447024069280Email:
careers.statoil@yahoo.co.ukNote that failure to provide a valid INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE ON YOUR INTERVIEW DATE,will mean an automatic nullification of your Appointment.
You are advised to write a letter for reimbursement addressed to the Chief Accountant Mrs. Irene Wright showing a scanned copy of payment receipts,letter for the 75% advance salary of the first two months and account information where the
reimbursement will be paid.(This is only payable once an evidence of the INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE is shown by our legal representatives here in BRITAIN)
Best regards as we await you on the interview date.
With Best Wishes,
Mr. LUCK PETER
H.R.D MANAGER
Telephone:
+447024069280Working Time : Mon — Fri. 9:00 — 4:00pm
Re: CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! by danopapa: 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
Pls, when you receive yours, was the mail inside ur inbox or your spam mails because I saw a similar mail inside the spam not my inbox so dat shd clear the fact that it's a scam but I intend to get to the bottom of this and report cos dis is very bad.
Re: CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! by doneljones: 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
Guys I just googled my name and discovered that fraudulent and mischievous elements who may have known my profile through any of the networking sites have resorted to tarnishing my reputation by decorating me as a Solicitor to one Cain Energy Recruitment. I and my firm Foundation Chambers located in Lagos as against Umuahia address on the purported letter of employment have not heard of the said energy company and have not worked for them in any capacity. I therefore dissociate myself and my firm from the said scam and implore everybody to ignore the same. Thanks Donald Ibebuike Esq.
Re: CAIRN ENERGY Recruitment...another Cool Scam! by akinajibola: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2013
Dear All,

I am also a recipient of the mail sent from this company -CAIRN ENERGY PLC UK. This time around the name of the solicitor was changed to : OPERATIONS OFFICE:HOLDINGS CHAMBERS
Contact Name: Barrister ORJI EMMANUEL EBERE (Esq)
Telephone: +23408155235241
Email:bar.orjiemmanuelebere@gmail.com.
Address:No. 4, Human Rights Avenue,(Formerly Club Road)
P.O.Box 726,Kano
Nigeria,

We all need to be careful in our desperate need for a life changing job opportunity. Well, the lawyer did not ask for much to procure the so called International Workers Permit , he asked for N22,400 and a scanned copy of my international passport.

The whole employment sounded too good to be true as i was sent an appointment letter and Visa Form for immediate employment in the UK!!!!!!!

Below are details of the so called offer for employment. BEWARE!!!!!!!

FROM THE DESK OF THE CHAIRMAN CAIRN ENERGY PLC UK
CORPORATE & REGISTERED OFFICE: UPPER GROUND FLOOR
50 LOTHIAN ROAD

EDINBURGH

AEH3 9By

UK.

Attn:A***********

With reference to your application with us, as screened and evaluated by us over your submitted resume/CV, CAIRN ENERGY P.L.C UNITED KINGDOM Company Ltd is pleased to offer you a provisional appointment as AN ACCOUNTANT
.We are desirous of having you work with us after this assessment by us, as we see your skills as value addition to our company and our clients respectively.

It is expected that you join us as early as possible but not later than one (1) Month, beyond which the offer would be in abeyance, until a new date may be considered by us.On acceptance of this Appointment you are to submit the following referenced documents below to us via email and also be present with the below requirements on your visa interview date:

1. One (1) Passport Size photographs
2. Your Signed copy of the appointment letter
3. International Workers Certificate
z2
This Offer of Expatriate Work contract is contingent upon the fulfillment of all the above referenced engagement provisions within the time frame allotted to it.

Kindly, acknowledge the receipt of this offer and if acceptable to your expectation, sign the appointment letter copy as a token of your acceptance and return same to us within Ten days of acceptance.

Kindly, note that you have to provide a scanned copy of your National Identity Card or RELEVANT PAGES OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORTS along with the copy of your INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE, which you are to procure from the companies soliciting law firm in your local country (HOLDINGS CHAMBERS ) a subsidiary of BARNEY IMMIGRATION SOLICITORS United Kingdom before your VISA interview date, if you do not already have it.

Due to past experiences the company has had with International and local staffs working with us currently,along
side the current security challenges in your country ,the Company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidate to submit an INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be legally and officially cleared by the companies anti terror department so as to make sure that we are employing a terror free applicant into our reputable firm so as not to fall victim to the high level sanctions being given as a result of defaulting in that order and also as advised by our security department in line with the current security challenges,

kindly note that you are requested to print- out the Soft copy of your appointment Letter and the copy of your INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE which you will present to the company on the brief face to face Visa Interview date.

Due to long distance and the short time frame in booking an appointment with the companies solicitors, you are advised to make contact with the companies solicitor via their phone/email contact, as stated below to enable you meet up with the interview on the 4TH of MAR. As soon as you complete their procedures they will forward the hard or soft copies of an INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE, which you are to come along with on the interview date for security reasons.

Note also, that you are responsible for the COST of procuring your INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE,as this will enable the company to sponsor your Visa,Work/Residence Permit Papers and flight ticket including one month upfront salary in other for you to settle your local expense before your embark on your trip to Aberdeen.

The resident work permit clearance certificate that is needed for any
Employee to work in UK should come from the Scottish Immigration here in Britain. Therefore attached to this mail is a BRITISH Visa Form that will be Filled in block letters and submitted.

Below is the contact information of the Attorney that you are to contact immediately to obtain a valid INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE

Contact Name: Barrister ORJI EMMANUEL EBERE (Esq)
Telephone: +23408155235241
Email:bar.orjiemmanuelebere@gmail.com.
Address:No. 4, Human Rights Avenue,(Formerly Club Road)
P.O.Box 726,Kano
Nigeria,

VENUE OF INTERVIEW-British High Commission (Management and Visa Sections)
Address: Chancery Building 19 Torren Close
Off Mississippi Street,
Off Shehu Shagari Way (North)
Maitama Abuja.

DATE OF INTERVIEW- 4TH OF MAR 2013

TIME-10AM

For further clarification regarding your appointment with us, you are advised to contact the Human Resource Manager's office through.

Mr. Richard Wilson
H.R.D MANAGER
Telephone: +447031995965

Note that failure to provide a valid INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE ON YOUR INTERVIEW DATE,will mean an automatic nullification of your Appointment.

You are advised to write a letter for reimbursement addressed to the Chief Accountant Mrs. Irene Wright showing a scanned copy of payment receipts,letter for the 75% advance salary of the first two months and account information where the
reimbursement will be paid.(This is only payable once an evidence of the INTERNATIONAL WORKERS CERTIFICATE is shown by our legal representatives here in BRITAIN)

Best regards as we await you on the interview date.

Mr. Richard Wilson
H.R.D MANAGER
Telephone: +447031995965

(1) (Reply)

Invitation For Assessment And Interview (jumia) / Thank You Nairaland. God Bless You Seun. 3 Employment Letters / Vacancies: Plateau,Benue,Gombe And Benue States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.