Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Is Registry Marriage Acceptable For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Registry Marriage Acceptable For Christians (819 Views)

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Photo Of A Ram With 5 Horns - Is It Acceptable For Sallah? / Is It Acceptable For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Registry Marriage Acceptable For Christians by kleenmum(f): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2012
A freind asked me recently and was not sure what to say,she had a registry marriage because her parents r muslims while d grooms r xtians so not to make any of d parents feel bad they decided to have the wedding at a neutral place they then went to the husbands church for church blessing pls note they also had their traditional and court wedding suddenly she feels because there is no certificate from the church it might not be an acceptable marriage in xtendom if any is knowledgeable in this area pls shed more light tx,
Re: Is Registry Marriage Acceptable For Christians by Goshen360(m): 2:06am On Apr 03, 2012
[size=13pt]In the NT, we do not have instruction to a particular type of marriage be it, court, traditional, registry or church marriage. In as much as the church had blessed their union, they are good and in as much as the groom had paid the dowry, they are fine. This is my understanding and it doesn't mean their marriage is not acceptable in the Christiandom.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Believing God For A Miracle- Join Me In Prayers! / Hon. Patrick Obahiogbon On Easter: / The Virgin Conception Of Jesus Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.