Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan (71636 Views)

Chatting Apps that Required No Wifi Internet & No Data Plan / Etisalat Daily Facebook Subscription Plan, How To Opt Out (solved) / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by olatwo(m): 12:26am On Apr 04, 2012
GboyegaD: They keep introducing different things and at the end their services gets worse than it is before the new service.

Gbam!!!!
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by edey2real: 12:28am On Apr 04, 2012
Leaving sentiments out of this. Sincerely if I have my way, I wil stop using d useles netwok. The reason being dat, for browsin they are rubbish nd even for cals, it's only the FAF nos dt i call on it and i have even stoped that for some days now. I now prefered my Etisalat for browsin and Glo for cals. My Mtn line is now used for receiving calls.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by utimayor(m): 1:18am On Apr 04, 2012
ziccoit:

Let the NCC enable number portability and MTN would be an history except the company repents and listen to its teaming customers.

Gbam!! On point... Dont blame MTN, blame NCC. This number portability or watever issue have been on ground since 2010, i dont knw wat is keeping it, well june it is. I still use mtn cos i cant afford to change my phone number. But if i can easily switch serivce provider and still retain my number, i would have switched to glo long tym ago.
P.S: Our problem begins with the regulatory body.
P.S.S: National Assembly aint helping matters.
P.S.S.S: Other networks should try and minimize their plans and tarriffs, atimes it gets too much that you dont know where to start. Glo changes tarriff plan almost every month, infinito, bam, hi5 etc.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by gururguy: 4:05am On Apr 04, 2012
nice
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by newmaster(m): 4:30am On Apr 04, 2012
since i came into the country, i am using etisalat Bis and it has been so smooth sailing, their network service here in onitsha is so cool, mtn can go to hell all i care, yeaaaaahhh, etibaba carry goooooo

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 6:40am On Apr 04, 2012
Oga, I am not here to defend MTN, and your claim about me working for MTN is far from the truth
I am just curious and still would love to know how a fraudulent company, that is hated by all just happened to continue to grow year in year out and tge people patronizing them have used all the excuses you can ever think of to stick with these company. It is strange psychology that I find hard to understand. I just tried have balanced opinion of tgings.
What is MTN's secret is what I would love to know? Because obviously, number portability won't put them out of business because a lot of Nigerians already claim they don't use MTN. If you can provided answers to some of my questions, I would be glad. Thanks.

pro01: I see rman has been making unsuccessful efforts t.o convince us about how 'unfair' the criticisms against MTN are, and how great the network is. Obviously, he is NOT a neutral party; probably works for MTN or feeds off MTN in some way. That effectively shatters the credibility or integrity of anything you say in defence of MTN.

Contrary to the false claim a few of you (actually, two of you) made on this thread that "there is no such thing as unlimited downloads anywhere in the world", I must point out that that is a big lie. Just like the case in Nigeria, several countries have telecomm companies that offer both plans with data caps and plans without data caps, albeit with different price considerations. Even here in Nigeria, Starcomms i-Zap also has hourly plans, and even though it is not necessarily 3.5g speed, it is fast and stable enough to stream videos with minimal buffering, and download torrent files running into gigabytes in one night. So what point is MTN trying to prove by removing the cap on data and imposing a bigger cap on download speed (without clearly stating this fact in their deceptive adverts!)? It's pure fraud, and no amount of online propaganda can disprove that. A company that withholds such information and engages in such deceitful tricks with the deliberate intent of misleading subscribers and exploiting them is totally untrustworthy.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Decryptor(m): 6:41am On Apr 04, 2012
Boko Haram would be loved and accepted by Nigerians if only they start bombing MTN Installations all over the country

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 04, 2012
amosy007:

guy we are not talking abt network problem speed ... We are talking about trottled speed and it is programmed... Read the comment well

Read what you just typed there.

The poster Asked if there were Data Limits on the New MTN Bundles and I tell you, there are no 'Data Limits' on it, from my Experience.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 04, 2012
mtn will always find a better way to make money back from public anytime they sponsor big ivents like p.fame, wwtbm and the like. I dont even have mtn number since 2009 after i was anoying with their cheats , only my wife does.
Take it or leave it, why many people dont like them is that too much problrm which comes often and often. You cant have 100 percent good service all the time, but wen it is becoming frequent and no compensation, then, there is a foul somewhere.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 04, 2012
besides, i could remember a front page thread about a guy asking mtn to refund his 10naira deducted from his text message that never get delivered. Very funny, u may think but actually make sense. It always happen often and often on my wifes mtn line. They charge her for text message but never get delivered. To me it is cheating of the highest order. Infact, i told her not to use it to text again. Many people that dont care about their service are either close to their good service location or they have some companies or people paying for the network service

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by ValNweze(m): 7:16am On Apr 04, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
dapo338: MTN was my favorite but not now, even when i subcribed for 250MB with 1300naira, I hardly use 50MB monthly because of network problem, now i am using ETISALAT which I get 260MB for 1000 but i exhaust it in less than 2weeks.

Infact this is the worst plan ever, sometimes for 3days, u get no access to MTN Data, u can't even open any site, so now they increased the price and decreased ur time...100hrs for 5,000 when u can't even open a site for 3days.... What happened next..... They say ur time has expired....

MTN is the only network which u don't get freebies, they introduced Magic number and disconnected withing 2months because they knew people benefited from it and since then, We hear nothing... shame on MTN.
dapo338: MTN was my favorite but not now, even when i subcribed for 250MB with 1300naira, I hardly use 50MB monthly because of network problem, now i am using ETISALAT which I get 260MB for 1000 but i exhaust it in less than 2weeks.

Infact this is the worst plan ever, sometimes for 3days, u get no access to MTN Data, u can't even open any site, so now they increased the price and decreased ur time...100hrs for 5,000 when u can't even open a site for 3days.... What happened next..... They say ur time has expired....

MTN is the only network which u don't get freebies, they introduced Magic number and disconnected withing 2months because they knew people benefited from it and since then, We hear nothing... shame on MTN.

pls how do i subscribe to d etisalat 260MB data plan?
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 04, 2012
imagine deducting 5-10 naira from undelivered text messages fee frm 10million suscriber everyday. That one already has paid their staffs salary. They see nigeria as the easiest, loosed,unserious, mumu and lawless country to make cool money without sweating hard and they tapped into it. So dont blame them. They are doing what they think is the best for them to make it, blame yourself if u suscribed to it and get bad service. They dont force you to it.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 04, 2012
Like this i think
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 04, 2012
ValNweze: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b] pls how do i subscribe to d etisalat 260MB data plan?
i think send help to 229 to get the lists of their packages, after that , you get 30 percent data on your choice which can also roll over if you dont finish it
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by ify4king(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2012
rman: Apparaently, everyone hates MTN in Nigeria but the realty on ground is they are the market leader and are still growing. In fact they added more than a million subscribers last year which is second only to Etisalat. Everytime I see threads about MTN and DSTV on nairaland, it is all hate, hate and hate from forum members. Unless nairaland is not a partial reflection of the Nigerian reality, and if it is, WHO ARE THOSE ON MTN NIGERIA'S NETWORK?
I think with the trend etisalat is moving, they will soon overtake MTN and besides most MTN subscribers jst have dia sim for recieving of calls only(I inclusive). I was of d opinion dat Mtn was d best but I now realise hw wrong I was. Etisalat rocks!

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Bossman(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2012
I agree with the comment about MTN's network. I subscribed to the 500 MB for 2000 naira plan as soon as I got to Naija last Thursday, however the network congestion has made it difficult to use sometimes. So far I have used about 180 MB. Most if those when tethered to my netbook. Had to do most of my surfing at night and early in the morning to get anything done. Also, there is no 3g either. At least not here in Ogba.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by babniyen(m): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2012
RMAN, the answer to your question lies in a proper segmentation of the market.
The majority of mtn subscribers are on the network for voice traffic; therefore their improved coverage is the most important factor for their subs.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 04, 2012
is Etisalat blackberry weekly plan unlimited?
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Ekhan1(m): 10:10am On Apr 04, 2012
Airtel it is.
GBA!!!
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Masebinu: 10:30am On Apr 04, 2012
gbam! mtn simple surf, please dont complain. They said terms and conditions apply, though they never advertised it. Mtn d original smart guys
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by deleadej1(m): 10:32am On Apr 04, 2012
Is this how we go dey dey?MTN are big time fraudstars!!!can u imagine me subcribing for 250mb,without downloading,no video calls n no youtube and my subcription was exulted even without notice/warning my normall credit meant for calls was also remove about N400.Pls NCC need to do something about it.ASAP
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by partyprofs(m): 10:50am On Apr 04, 2012
#Gbam
Excelboi: MTN is one funny organization... 2hrs per day? So i should use 1HR today and use the rest the next day? God forbid, i stick wiv my Etisalat!!! 4ck dem

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 04, 2012
I can make u browse free on MTN for as long as you want. Unlimited and doesn't require the usual softwares been used in the past. If your're interested send an email to kayusfit@ymail.com for more info. I don't subscribe to their God forsaken data plans. Good day
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by agitator: 11:39am On Apr 04, 2012
for voice services MTN has the best network. Have you tried calling with other networks in an emergency. If you have then you won't dream of dropping your MTN line. I changed to the almighty Glo but couldn't make a call during an emergency with up to N500 credit. Or is it the network disappearing when you need it most, or being told a number that just flashed you is not available or switched off. angry angry angry
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2012
[quote author=babniyen]RMAN, the answer to your question lies in a proper segmentation of the market.
The majority of mtn subscribers are on the network for voice traffic; therefore their improved coverage is the most important factor for their subs.

It makes sense. Thanks bro. We are all here learn a few things.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by ajila03(m): 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2012
It all depends on how u make your money,how much quality oriented you are, or how Stupid you are, otherwise u will not continue to waste your money with this greedy non customer friendly network.Has for me my MTN line is for my very old pals,I make my calls with Airtel and do my internet runs with Etisalat.Wise up Nigerians

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by otokx(m): 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
so much hot air, nothing is happening.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by ziccoit: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2012
I subscribed to airtel N1400 BB complete. I was given 1025mb free data as bonus apart from the normal BB plan.
MTN can not beat that in 100yrs.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by page9(m): 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2012
@ rman

Let me help you get the picture clearer (hope I can).

I started as one of the pioneer dealers with both MTN and Econet then. And I can tell you that we were able to sell more MTN Sim Cards to High networth people then than we did for Econet. Secondly, most corporate organisations bought the lines for their senior staff.

By implication, MTN was able to catch the "real money spender" then and this later reflected in unending demand for their recharge cards.

My point is Nigerians (rich or poor) are not getting a fair deal from all these gsm providers but MTN seem to be the worst.

The subscriber base of mtn may be higher but you and I know that most of the lines are not active. That is why most people carry multiple phones these days.

A friend of mine working with MTN admits there is a continous drop in number of active lines because people are getting wiser now.

You may not notice and they will not want the public to know they are loosing the ground but its a matter of time.

Those of us in the recharge cards business know that the demand for MTN recharge cards have dropped seriously from what it used to be.

Except they can think out of the box, they may not survive this arrogance for too long.

2 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by newmaonza: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
rman:

In addition, MTN subscriber base is more than 40mill, which is around 50% of the entire market share.

Am still interested in the people on their network in Nigeria, because based on the reponse from nairalands forum members, they should be out of bussiness.
mtn rolled out dere services 1st so many nigerians invested in mtn no. . .if dey go on like dis dey will fold in d next ten years, dey r loosing d young generatn nd we r d ones driving mobile services
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by newmaonza: 6:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
kayusfit: I can make u browse free on MTN for as long as you want. Unlimited and doesn't require the usual softwares been used in the past. If your're interested send an email to kayusfit@ymail.com for more info. I don't subscribe to their God forsaken data plans. Good day
just tell us d settings. . . Email na long tins

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
rman:

In addition, MTN subscriber base is more than 40mill, which is around 50% of the entire market share.

Am still interested in the people on their network in Nigeria, because based on the reponse from nairalands forum members, they should be out of bussiness.
That's because mtn is for the rich nd big people in the society not jobless nairalanders. Those that use mtn don't have time for comments. Samething applies to Dstv..... Please Guys don't take my contribution hard on yourselfs...its just the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces 6GB Data For N1500 / What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.