Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 (9106 Views)

Facebook To Charge $2.99 (almost NGN500) Monthly, Starting From 1st November / 1st To Comment Syndrome On Nairaland / 3rd Mainland Bridge To Be Closed From 1st Of July? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2012
mykejones: What is the statistical parameter used in this anaylsis? Futher more,what's d refrnce point?

A closer look at our corrupt and swaggerless president,boko haram/bomb episode,Niger delta militancy,Kidnapping in iboland and delta state and fuel subsidy removal protest are good references for the present unhappiness.
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2012
The amount of anger in me that i unleash everyday is enuf to place naija at no. infinity. True to God
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by aiibee(f): 10:40am On Apr 04, 2012
there's stil hope....
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by partyprofs(m): 10:43am On Apr 04, 2012
[/quote]OAM4J]hmnnn... looks like data error to me. Anyways its all good, we now know Nigerians are not happy.
seconded, surely tinz had not bin easy for a while now, but trust Nigerians, we will bouce bak to dat nomba 1 position soon, no matter d situation we will always get used to it, you can imagine wen d sucide bombin started, it used to b breakin news, now pple hav started seein it as a normal tin.sombody juz hav to sit down and do their analysis correctly. i bet u things would not b d same come 2015
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by partyprofs(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2012
aiibee: there's stil hope....
*yimu*
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by AngelEbi(f): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2012
the first ranking was lie. this is the true report. nobody is happy in dis yeye country
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by AIYELE(m): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2012
MATERIAL STUFF cant make you happy am a 9jer to the bone living in Denmark i know the system from A to Z I know the Dane from head to toe, therefore i can confirm that Nigeria are far happier than the danish people. yes the system is very good in Denmark but 1000 of them are still unhappy.A population less than 6mil where lots of the teenager and senior commit suicide every year because they are not happy.In our own Njer even though say the government dey fu..k up we are still happy to be 9jer. The RESEARCHER MUST BE SICK..... which life oyinbo people get abeg person wey dey live with cat and dog without no family how can dey be happy?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by AIYELE(m): 10:50am On Apr 04, 2012
MATERIAL STUFF cant make you happy am a 9jer to the bone living in Denmark i know the system from A to Z I know the Dane from head to toe, therefore i can confirm that Nigeria are far happier than the danish people. yes the system is very good in Denmark but 1000 of them are still unhappy.A population less than 6mil where lots of the teenager and senior commit suicide every year because they are not happy.In our own Njer even though say the government dey fu..k up we are still happy to be 9jer. The RESEARCHER MUST BE SICK..... whick life oyinbo people get abeg person wey dey live with cat and dog without no family how can dey be happy?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 04, 2012
Ha?! shocked shocked Anyone know 'when' we made it to the top?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by cynthiafred67(f): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2012
Demdem: This is a good development. Hopefully when next we are asked to choose our leaders, we will allow our brains to work and not our emotions.

Yea hopefully *smh*
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by ismhab(m): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2012
God will punish jonalooter for stealing the happiness of my fellow Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by KINGwax(m): 11:08am On Apr 04, 2012
Please i don't get it, were we ever happy once?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by damilola15: 11:29am On Apr 04, 2012
How did we ever get to the number one spot in the first place.
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by emsquare(m): 11:31am On Apr 04, 2012
ndu_chucks: Nigerians were hailed as being the happiest souls in the world not very long ago, but according to new research, Denmark is the new No. 1 in happiness, while Nigeria, not surprisingly is now ranked 101st

May God continue to punish the leaders who contribute to the sadness of Nigerians, regardless of the states of origin of the said leaders. angry

Let me add that we were number 4 in Africa behind Libya 82nd, Tunisia 88th, and South Africa 91st. Egypt is ranked 102nd, and Ghana ranked 109th - we are happier than them. smiley It is noteworthy that Ghanians are not as happy as the people of Bangladesh who were ranked 105th and the poorest in the world. No wonder, ghanaians get bad belle.

[url=http://www.earthinstitute.columbia.edu/sitefiles/file/Sachs%20Writing/2012/World%20Happiness%20Report.pdf]See Fig 2.3 Cantril Ladder on page 31 for the full ranking data[/url]

Huh?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Tifany: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2012
Unemployment 4 our teeming jobless youths,fuell subsidy palaver and the Bokoo Haram menance,i wld v thought naija shld b ranked lowest in d world afterall anywhere ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ go ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ hear d popular slang BOYS ARE NOT SMILLING bt wats worse iz D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ galz have also joined d fray. D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ leaves wit d quest!who den iz smilling?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by gururguy: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2012
hello
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by mufc009(m): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
Demdem: This is a good development. Hopefully when next we are asked to choose our leaders, we will allow our brains to work and not our emotions.
Na 2015 we go no whether we are doom or not
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Businesstools(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
What research did they carry out to arrive at this conclusion?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
floriana: The first study that ranked Nigeria 1st used data gathered at an owambe party somewhere in Ogun state. The latest study ranking us 101 used data gathered at Gani Fawehinma park ojoto during the fuel subsidy rally. ;DThe first study that ranked Nigeria 1st used data gathered at an owambe party somewhere in Ogun state. The latest study ranking us 101 used data gathered at Gani Fawehinma park ojoto during the fuel subsidy rally.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Rastamann: 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2012
Are Nigerians "happy" at all?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Myself2(m): 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2012
Drop 100 spots in one year w/o massive civil war or an economic depression?

Sounds like bad statistical analysis.

GBAM
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Myself2(m): 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2012
[/quote][quote author=floriana]The first study that ranked Nigeria 1st used data gathered at an owambe party somewhere in Ogun state. The latest study ranking us 101 used data gathered at Gani Fawehinma park ojoto during the fuel subsidy rally. grin.

Yes ke.

Now I see the reason
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 04, 2012
All the trappings of sadness are plenty in Nigeria. youth militancy, ethnic restiveness, terrorism, fear and insecurity everywhere. Add this to the growing incidence of unemployment, crime rate and decayed infrastructure. How will one be happy when the atmosphere of happiness is absent? You provide your own 'nepa', you are your own water corporation, etc. It is surprising that we are not the least on the rung, that report should be reviewed.
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by TrustZee(m): 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2012
Wadup
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Yujin(m): 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2012
Kilode?!:
This is wonderful news. My people have stopped lying about their true feelings ? shocked

Or maybe the researchers modified their questions

Anyway, I must celebrate.

Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself.
- Dostoevsky "The Brothers Karamazov"

May God bless both the author and you the poster of this truth. Sadly, many would read this and just overlook it without knowing that the solution their crisis lies on the pondering and appreciation of it.
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Stressy: 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2012
Pls. mr.researcher can u tell us wht perimetre or yardstic use in measuring stead of Happiness coz i cant phathom dz scale of global measures
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by sexyverah(f): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
thatz good news... people has stopped suffering and smiling.... wink wink wink wink it good oooo i hope we dnt drop to d last position with all this greediness nd corruption
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by mcfestgee: 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2012
Bluetooth is another fool and idiot on
nairaland who takes delight in insulting
the president of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2012
Maybe more women are not satifying their husbands, I suspect.
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by angelz(f): 1:20pm On Apr 04, 2012
happy indeed.
the research is not thorough.
cus if it is, nigerians should be below 20.
l dey lie?
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by barikay: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2012
BlackBaron: It is that fisherman's fault. Lol
Monkey
Re: Nigeria Drops From 1st To 101st In Happiness Index. Denmark Is New No. 1 by barikay: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2012
BlackBaron: It is that fisherman's fault. Lol
Monkey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me!!! My Husband Just Raped Me!!! / 5 Nigerian Secret Societies You Should Know About / Nairaland Girls Are So Lonely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.