Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Your Take On Forced Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Take On Forced Marriage (1189 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Take On Forced Marriage by ayolinger(m): 12:16am On Apr 04, 2012
Does force marriage still exist; what are the implications?
Please share your idea & experience if any.
Thank You in Anticipation.
Re: Your Take On Forced Marriage by ifyalways(f): 4:46am On Apr 04, 2012
ayolinger: Does force marriage still exist; what are the implications?
Please share your idea & experience if any.
Thank You in Anticipation.
Which ones be forced marriage?Nowadays abi when?

Do you mean like Annie agreeing to marry 2face or the 15 year old kano bride that filled for divorce from his 30ish husband because he couldn't provide cash to spend no more?

@OP,you'd have to explain to me what a forced marriage really is.
Re: Your Take On Forced Marriage by GboyegaD(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2012
Yes it still does only that they indirectly force you for instance, a situation where mothers agree their children would get married and indirectly they pressure them to date and stuffs like that.
Re: Your Take On Forced Marriage by blank(f): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2012
In the church i attended with my uncle and his family when i was in secondary school, something like that happened. In the church, there were some people that belonged to a religious group called "ekpere ofuma". A particular family matchmade their first daughter with another member (not a church member) of their prayer group. The girl refused but they forced her. On her wedding day, she cried and cried and cried. Now, she is still married to the guy and they have two kids. I wonder how she feels in the marriage. This should be almost 10 years ago.

So, i think forced marriages still happen.
Re: Your Take On Forced Marriage by chy4luv: 11:07am On Apr 04, 2012
@Blank.
Where are you from? I once attended that church with my uncle. It's called
''Ekpere Ufuma'' The headquarter is in Ufuma Orumba North. The owner is dead
the last time I heard from smb.
Re: Your Take On Forced Marriage by blank(f): 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
I didnt atted the ekpere ufoma o. I was attending an Anglican church in Ibadan with my uncle though the prayer group had a branch in the church.
Re: Your Take On Forced Marriage by ayolinger(m): 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2012
ifyalways:
Which ones be forced marriage?Nowadays abi when?

Do you mean like Annie agreeing to marry 2face or the 15 year old kano bride that filled for divorce from his 30ish husband because he couldn't provide cash to spend no more?

@OP,you'd have to explain to me what a forced marriage really is.

Ok...Using a girl as a case study, because they fall more victim of this than the opposite sex; Now here it is, what is the implication of forcing a girl into marriage and does it still exist?
Re: Your Take On Forced Marriage by knowledge4(m): 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
I dont understand what you mean by forced marriage
How does it happen?

(1) (Reply)

Make Your Home/hotel Comfortable By Adding Sensual Style & Right Accessories.... / Man Impregnates His Two Daughters, Attempts Raping Third / Please Advise My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.