Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,889 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide (4615 Views)

Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lagos Lawmakers Demand Resignation Of Aviation Minister / Particulars Motorist Need To Present At Police Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by domack99(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2012
kayusfit: @jmoore; if your sisters were among those little girls bleeped by armed robbers in shagamu am sure your response would be different. I support the lawmakers. Police should return to the roads asap so as to ensure safety of lives and prevent violation of women. For those whining, 50 naira is not too much for drivers to pay on high ways just to inspire our police men to discharge their duties. Up ACN. Long live TINUBU

Night robbing and incidents like this has been in our society even while the police blocks or better called extortion gates are still functioning.
I understand how you feel but returning thode police back is not the solution. We need committed and devoted police officers with kin intertest in crime investigation and detection.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
GBAM!!! grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by Dede1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2012
@POST

The moronic nitwits who are members of Lagos State House of Assembly should have called for the law abiding members of society to be armed. They should have enacted laws that will grant individuals the right to bear arms in Lagos State. I konw others states will follow the example.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by OAM4J: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2012
I disagree with the lawmakers, we don't need police checkpoints, what is needed is more police patrols on the highway.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by antartica(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2012
In as much as police check point could be hell,they play a major role in prevention of crimes in crime ridden nigeria.

The movements of arms and ammunitions in nigeria right now will be free for all without check points,police check points use to deter hardmen's movement for real.

They should have drastically increased the police patrol on roads and highways with the removal of road blocks or install cameras on police patrol vans to monitor all their activities activities 24/7 even at check points.If a camera is any reason turned off,the police will have to explain why and be dealt with accordingly.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by andyanders: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2012
The law makers are in sane. All over the world, the police do patrol on highways and not to mount road blocks.They should not because of what happened allow these police armed robbers to come back to the highways. The driver of the bus should be held responsible because he was told as we heard that they advised him not to proceed at night but he refused and continued with the journey.

I have said it before, any one embarking on night journeys, must either be armed robbers or criminals themselves. But in the case of the school children, it was as a result of the driver's refusal not to heed to the advise given not to proceed with the journey at the late hour. He should be sent to life imprisonment. He is part of the robbers.

The police can do their job by patrolling the highways. When asked to return, they will now turn to armed robbers demanding money from drivers and issuing them numbers. Even they issue numbers to Okada riders. In fact, I see a situation some bad police officers will even be the ones committing the crimes so as to make government ask them to come back. W should be security conscious.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by OperaMini1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2012
kayusfit: @jmoore; if your sisters were among those little girls bleeped by armed robbers in shagamu am sure your response would be different. I support the lawmakers. Police should return to the roads asap so as to ensure safety of lives and prevent violation of women. For those whining, 50 naira is not too much for drivers to pay on high ways just to inspire our police men to discharge their duties. Up ACN. Long live TINUBU

Yes, i've three of my nieces in that school, and they may've been victims, were their parents in Lagos. Though what happened to those kids was unfarthomable, but you and i know that it'd as well happened if those nuisance spots (Check points) were still there. Please don't let sentiments push us back to the days of old.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by deandavid(m): 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2012
i guess u r 1 of those backward tinkin nigerians. Are there nt beta ways to check crime? Most we b backward tinkin? Even wit checkpoints,didnt u hear of robbery,killin nd kidnappin? Hav u eva heard of a criminal caught on check points.u no dy tink abeg.go luk bush jor.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
@Deandavid; obviously u lack manners. Oloshi
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by djustice: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2012
How many of you know that to become a lawmaker in any ACN state, the only required qualifications are:

1. Unquestioning loyalty to Bola Ahmed Tinubu

2. See 1 above

3. Lack of reasoning capacity

4. Abject stupidity

If you're able to fulfil these conditions, you will be appointed (not elected) a lawmaker in Lagos or any other ACN controlled state. This, as you can see from their senseless pronouncement, is factual!
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by soburtunde: 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2012
I did'nt support d I.G order 2 cancel all checkpoints even b4 d incident of d sec. Sch girls dat were raped . Is checkpoints d only avenue 4 police 2 collect bribe ? They shud rather find a strategic way 2 curb corruption among police by dismissing the top leaders found guilty of corruption among dem , dey wil serve as example for their inferiors and others. Mark my words ; It is most likely dat highway robbery wil increase in few months 2 come.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide by PointB: 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2012
These Lagos CAN lawmakers are behaving true to type - RASCALS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Humiliating That Russia Is Now Dictating To USA In Syria, Senator Mccain. / Joyce Banda To Chair COWAP African Women Summit / Apc Drops Support For Tinubu’s Candidates In Nass Leadership Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.