Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Five Reasons Why People Are Afriad Of Dying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Reasons Why People Are Afriad Of Dying (1872 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church / I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why People Are Afriad Of Dying by bishoprccg(m): 4:15am On Apr 06, 2012
Death is a subject that few dread to discuss, because they don’t want to die.
But as we celebrate Easter, which symbolize the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, it is important that we share on the subject matter of Death, because someone had to lay down his life for the entire human race. The truth however, is that death is not all about darkness.
According to Elisabeth Kubler-Ross:
“I’ve told my children that when I die, to release balloons in the sky to celebrate that I graduated. For me, death is a graduation”

Death is a graduation from the lower spiritual realm to the higher spiritual realm. It is a form of relieve from the pains of our daily life. A reprise for those whose body have been ravaged by sickness and pain. The Late Archbishop Benson Idahosa, spoke about the benefit of death few weeks before he passed on unto eternal glory. He mentioned some of the benefits to include:
1. Leaving behind sickness and pain.
2. Leaving behind the trouble and injustice
3. Death is reward for those who know God

The issue is: Despite the benefits of death why are people scared of dying. Below, i have listed some reasons why some individuals are afraid of dying.

1. Not Prepared
Some are not just ready to discuss the issue of death, because they are not ready to die. Discussing the subject makes them uncomfortable. It is natural for one to be happy to undertake a journey when one is prepared. In this case, death comes too soon for those who are not prepared.Death does not give a prior notice to anyone. Its important that everyone be prepared, because nobody knows when Mr death will knock at the door.

2. Not certain of their final destination
Another reason why some individuals are afraid of dying, has to do with the uncertainty of their final destination. When an individual is uncertain about where he/she is going, it becomes practically impossible for such a fellow to enjoy discussing the subject of death. For those who are Christians, there are two destinations- Heaven and Hell. Those who have lived totally for the lord are bound for heaven.

3. Not willing to let go of the present pleasure
The natural man is always happy to be given attention. In Nigeria for example, the affluent and highly placed are not keen about dying, because of their worldly titles, properties and other mundane affiliations. Its easier for an individual who does not attach his/herself to earthly materials to think of going to a higher place of rest, than for someone who is used to having subjects attending to his becks and calls.

4. Feeling of not been fulfilled
When an individual has made series of plans and goals without fulfilling them, it becomes natural for such individuals to become scared of dying. They would prefer to stay alive and complete their goals and aspirations. The irony of life however is this- “The natural man can never be fulfilled” An individual who strive to become a millionaire will never be satisfied of millions. He will always strive to become a billionaire after achieving his initial goal. Its all about the insatiable nature of man. The natural man is always striving to achieve one thing or the other.

5. Wrong Mindset
When an individual has a wrong mindset, about death, it becomes difficult for such an individual to become convinced about the prospect of dying. Its like having a wrong mindset about wealth. When a man does not believe in wealth, such an individual can never become wealthy. Your mindset about death will determine whether you are happy about the subject, or sad about leaving the earthly for the heavenly.

Visit Clement Sadjere personal blog at: http://www.clementsadjere.com/2012/04/five-reasons-why-people-are-afriad-of-dying/

Re: Five Reasons Why People Are Afriad Of Dying by Callotti: 4:31am On Apr 06, 2012
Not afraid of dying o.
I am ever ready.
I am living a good life. . .and ready to check out at anytime.
Re: Five Reasons Why People Are Afriad Of Dying by ATMC(f): 9:39am On Apr 13, 2012
bishoprccg: Death is a subject that few dread to discuss, because they don’t want to die.
But as we celebrate Easter, which symbolize the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, it is important that we share on the subject matter of Death, because someone had to lay down his life for the entire human race. The truth however, is that death is not all about darkness.
According to Elisabeth Kubler-Ross:
“I’ve told my children that when I die, to release balloons in the sky to celebrate that I graduated. For me, death is a graduation”

Death is a graduation from the lower spiritual realm to the higher spiritual realm. It is a form of relieve from the pains of our daily life. A reprise for those whose body have been ravaged by sickness and pain. The Late Archbishop Benson Idahosa, spoke about the benefit of death few weeks before he passed on unto eternal glory. He mentioned some of the benefits to include:
1. Leaving behind sickness and pain.
2. Leaving behind the trouble and injustice
3. Death is reward for those who know God

The issue is: Despite the benefits of death why are people scared of dying. Below, i have listed some reasons why some individuals are afraid of dying.

1. Not Prepared
Some are not just ready to discuss the issue of death, because they are not ready to die. Discussing the subject makes them uncomfortable. It is natural for one to be happy to undertake a journey when one is prepared. In this case, death comes too soon for those who are not prepared.Death does not give a prior notice to anyone. Its important that everyone be prepared, because nobody knows when Mr death will knock at the door.

2. Not certain of their final destination
Another reason why some individuals are afraid of dying, has to do with the uncertainty of their final destination. When an individual is uncertain about where he/she is going, it becomes practically impossible for such a fellow to enjoy discussing the subject of death. For those who are Christians, there are two destinations- Heaven and Hell. Those who have lived totally for the lord are bound for heaven.

3. Not willing to let go of the present pleasure
The natural man is always happy to be given attention. In Nigeria for example, the affluent and highly placed are not keen about dying, because of their worldly titles, properties and other mundane affiliations. Its easier for an individual who does not attach his/herself to earthly materials to think of going to a higher place of rest, than for someone who is used to having subjects attending to his becks and calls.

4. Feeling of not been fulfilled
When an individual has made series of plans and goals without fulfilling them, it becomes natural for such individuals to become scared of dying. They would prefer to stay alive and complete their goals and aspirations. The irony of life however is this- “The natural man can never be fulfilled” An individual who strive to become a millionaire will never be satisfied of millions. He will always strive to become a billionaire after achieving his initial goal. Its all about the insatiable nature of man. The natural man is always striving to achieve one thing or the other.

5. Wrong Mindset
When an individual has a wrong mindset, about death, it becomes difficult for such an individual to become convinced about the prospect of dying. Its like having a wrong mindset about wealth. When a man does not believe in wealth, such an individual can never become wealthy. Your mindset about death will determine whether you are happy about the subject, or sad about leaving the earthly for the heavenly.

Visit Clement Sadjere personal blog at: http://www.clementsadjere.com/2012/04/five-reasons-why-people-are-afriad-of-dying/
idahosa spoke about death few weeks before he passed on nd u r speaking about it now...will u be checking out soon?

(1) (Reply)

2014 My Year Of Total Turn Around Prophetic Warfare Prayer Operations / Is It Wrong For A Christian To Work In A Brewery? / Guess Who's Gonna Be In Coza Today And Tomorrow... Pastor Creflo Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.