Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD (6578 Views)

How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor / NGO To Empower 154 Commercial Sex Workers In Gombe State (photo) / Salaries Of Doctors And Other Health Workers In Some Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by BlackPikiN(m): 4:31am On Apr 06, 2012
Psychiatric Hospital Workers On Strike, Threaten To Release Lunatics.....lol

Benin — Medical staff of the Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Uselu, Edo State have embarked on an indefinite strike over the appointment of Dr. Sunday Olotu as Medical Director of the hospital.

The medical workers said they want an indigene of Benin as the new medical director and they have threatened to release all lunatics in the hospital if their demand was not met.

Olotu was appointed as substantive medical director through an appointment letter dated March 26, and signed by the Minister of State for Health, Dr. Muhammad Ali Pate.

The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of the staff of the hospital, however, kicked against the appointment of Dr. Olotu. It issued a notice on April 2, signed by its chairman, Comrade K. O. Oriakhi and five others, calling for a three-day warning strike.

When contacted, Olotu, who spoke on phone from Abuja, said that he was in Abuja with the Minister of State for Health with a view to resolving the crisis, which, he said, was uncalled for.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201204040504.html
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by CyberG: 5:03am On Apr 06, 2012
Tribalism is the ONLY place charcoal hearted pikins like you exist. I don't know anything about these people but their demand is based only on bigotry not competence? Thank goodness, I never have to deal or meet these kind of people including evil hearts like charcoal pikin anywhere. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by OneNaira6: 5:10am On Apr 06, 2012
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin grin grin

Nigerians damn!!! We even use lunatics to bargain. Wetin we no go use to bargain on this country?

Well lunatics dey everywhere in Nigeria, if dem release lunatics, it's still going to be the lunatics among lunatics.

2 Likes

Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by BlackPikiN(m): 5:21am On Apr 06, 2012
CyberG: Tribalism is the ONLY place charcoal hearted pikins like you exist. I don't know anything about these people but their demand is based only on bigotry not competence? Thank goodness, I never have to deal or meet these kind of people including evil hearts like charcoal pikin anywhere. tongue tongue

You must be the leader of all hediots in the universe. What's tribal about this thread? You f0rking goat!

Are you outta your mind?
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by buzor(m): 7:36am On Apr 06, 2012
benin ppl and their useless tribalistic agendas. thats how they managed to put d useless oshodi as d vc of uniben, now d guy is implementin bini policy in every dept in uniben.
this strategy worked b4 but i bet u this time around, it wont work.
they should release d damn lunacticsi who cares...
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Afam4eva(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2012
The level of tribalism that is exhibited by Benin people is chronic. I remember when they were against one Igbo VC of Uniben some years back. They were also agaisnt the domination of Igbos in the catholic church in benin and now this. What exactly will they achieve if they release the lunatics from the psychiatric hospital. We have to do away with this primitive way of thinking.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 8:23am On Apr 06, 2012
BlackPikiN: Benin — Medical staff of the Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Uselu, Edo State have embarked on an indefinite strike over the appointment of Dr. Sunday Olotu as Medical Director of the hospital.

The medical workers said they want an indigene of Benin as the new medical director and they have threatened to release all lunatics in the hospital if their demand was not met.

Olotu was appointed as substantive medical director through an appointment letter dated March 26, and signed by the Minister of State for Health, Dr. Muhammad Ali Pate.

The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of the staff of the hospital, however, kicked against the appointment of Dr. Olotu. It issued a notice on April 2, signed by its chairman, Comrade K. O. Oriakhi and five others, calling for a three-day warning strike.

When contacted, Olotu, who spoke on phone from Abuja, said that he was in Abuja with the Minister of State for Health with a view to resolving the crisis, which, he said, was uncalled for.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201204040504.html

These people are morons. The psychiatric hospital wasn't even set up by an indigene of Benin anyway. If it wasn't for outsiders, they probably wouldn't have jobs there in the first place. This Oriakhi and his allies are neanderthals.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 8:24am On Apr 06, 2012
afam4eva: The level of tribalism that is exhibited by Benin people is chronic. I remember when they were against one Igbo VC of Uniben some years back. They were also agaisnt the domination of Igbos in the catholic church in benin and now this. What exactly will they achieve if they release the lunatics from the psychiatric hospital. We have to do away with this primitive way of thinking.

Can you provide evidence in support of the part in bold?
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2012
buzor: benin ppl and their useless tribalistic agendas. thats how they managed to put d useless oshodi as d vc of uniben, now d guy is implementin bini policy in every dept in uniben.
this strategy worked b4 but i bet u this time around, it wont work.
they should release d damn lunacticsi who cares...

Virtually every other minority group from the old Midwest had had a person as VC on an ethnic/tribal rotation basis before Oshodin was VC.

The VC position there was never based on merit. If it were, they could certainly have got someone (of any ethnic group) better than Abhulimen Richard Anao to be VC at the time that he was. And if the position were based on credentials and merit, Anthony Osagie would have been appointed VC instead of Emmanuel Nwanze. Whatever the criteria used, the only thing that is extraordinary is that any Binis had to protest to get the position in the first place. If merit had been adhered to, the issue wouldn't even have come up.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Afam4eva(m): 8:55am On Apr 06, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Can you provide evidence in support of the part in bold?

Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. - Politics - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/231199/benin-indigenes-rejects-new-igbo

Bini Catholics Petition The Pope To Save Them From Igbos
https://www.nairaland.com/707009/bini-catholics-petition-pope-save
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2012
afam4eva:

Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben. - Politics - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/231199/benin-indigenes-rejects-new-igbo

Bini Catholics Petition The Pope To Save Them From Igbos
https://www.nairaland.com/707009/bini-catholics-petition-pope-save

Your interpretation of the news in the first thread is strange and inaccurate. The Minister of Education, Sam Egwu, appointed a Uniben professor and former VC of another university as the acting VC of the university at will, even when that is not how acting VCs are selected. A certain special interest group objected and accused the minster of education of ethnic nepotism. Their objection was not about the Igbo in particular, but about the illegality of the appointment and the possible ethnic motivation.

On the second link, that is between the Bini Catholics and the non-Bini Catholics and is not a Bini issue in general. The Bini Catholics, being Catholics, are eager to have more of their people become Catholics. They know that if an Igbo or Esan or other archbishop was/is appointed, virtually no progress whatsoever would be made in making more Binis in the rural areas into Catholics, as was the case before.

You can read the real reasons for their complaints here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NaijaElections/message/30853

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/IgboWorldForum/message/76800

http://ihuanedo.ning.com/profiles/blogs/why-the-benins-want-a-benin

Not that I care anyway as a non-Catholic. And I really do not believe that most of the Christian Edo are Catholic, but that's just from my personal experience. The lesson here as far as the Catholic thing is concerned seems to be that the only people who care about making more Binis into Catholics are the actual Bini Catholics. The rest couldn't care less and the non-Binis appointed to oversee Catholics in that diocese just go there to enjoy their position.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Milikiman: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2012
wen go gaduate from ds tribalististic life.abeg make una release da lunatics,make fresh ones enter
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Yinkay: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2012
Do they have only lunatics and crack pots of Benin origin in the hospital ni?
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2012
Yinkay: Do they have only lunatics and crack pots of Benin origin in the hospital ni?
Йą S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ bini people life ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ be! they discriminate against their fellow statement from ESAN & ETSAKO. They aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ like ∂α†.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by bakila: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]The level of tribalism that is exhibited by Benin people is chronic. I remember when they were against one Igbo VC of Uniben some years back. They were also agaisnt the domination of Igbos in the catholic church in benin and now this. What exactly will they achieve if they release the lunatics from the psychiatric hospital. We have to do away with this primitive way of thinking.[/quote

Post smells of tribilism against the tribalistic atitude of tribalist.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Kayday(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
Merit should be the hallmark of this kind of appointment. The hospital is a fed institution. Asaba people did same when the Fed medical centre's Medical Director was to be appointed sometimes ago. Even the Benins boycotted and rioted when a non benin was appointed the bishop of the anglican
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by CyberG: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2012
LOL, you seem too down on the wrung, you couldn't even understand your post. Read the thread again and almost every poster after the topic has shown a better understand and sophistication than your charcoal minded, backward tribalism. LOL.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by OmoTier1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ever wonder why in the East, North and West when these appointments are made, a native ALWAYS emerge even when there are better candidates? Merit my foot! Why has an Hausa or Igbo attain the position of VC in UI,OAU or UNILAG? The truth remains,in Nigeria today, virtually every ethnic group have individuals with distinguished careers however, the major ethnic groups in my own opinion have long sacrificed merit on the altar of ethnicism

Also,the agitation by these minor ethnic groups to have their own in these top positions also boils from the fact that when non-ethnic head these positions, they carry out ethnic cleasing bringing in thier own people who largely are not as qualified as those they would be replacing!

My take on this, if there is Bini person who is competent to be the MD of that hospital, then he shoild be made the head! Afterall Federal Character is only relevant when it favours certain interest.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by cmimi: 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
One_Naira: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin grin grin

Nigerians damn!!! We even use lunatics to bargain. Wetin we no go use to bargain on this country?

Well lunatics dey everywhere in Nigeria, if dem release lunatics, it's still going to be the lunatics among lunatics.

Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by emsquare(m): 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2012
afam4eva: The level of tribalism that is exhibited by Benin people is chronic. I remember when they were against one Igbo VC of Uniben some years back. They were also agaisnt the domination of Igbos in the catholic church in benin and now this. What exactly will they achieve if they release the lunatics from the psychiatric hospital. We have to do away with this primitive way of thinking.

Hmmmm!
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by chuksbogus: 1:45pm On Apr 06, 2012
listen u all i work at dat psychiatric hosp. Am d vice chairman of NANNM dats for d nurses. D problem is dat d former chief medical director,embezzled a lot of money and want to put dr olotu to cover her.but olotu is not d most senior dr in d hospital,besides olotu left d hosp for 5yrs only for d former CHEI MEDICAL DIRECTOR tO bring him a month to d interview to force him on us while doctor ikeji is his senior proffessiomally, age wise and in all.they promoted dr olotu 3 hours to wen d cmd interview will hold so dat he will be equal wit dr ikeji. Dats wat d problem
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by auspey: 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
@poster,ur information here is misleading.d workers are not on strike or protesting because they want a benin medical director.but rather they are fightin for justice and due process.be aware now dat d workers are prostestin against d appointment of d said dr.sunday olotu who is a benin man.d workers ve reaffirm their grounds dat they want the acting medical director dr. O.c ikeji who is d most senor consultant in d hosp. And frm delta state.so stop peddling rumour on an issue u no notin about.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by drpompay(m): 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
If d truth must be told, never a time in Nigeria has appointment been based on merit. Even one time in OMU, Ife, a member of staff was queried for selling SUG President form to a Bini man. Its only in Benin that u'll see other tribe dominating. Imagine appointing an ibo or bini man VC of U.I or an Urhobo man VC of UNN. Its practically impossible. The problem with the Binis is dat it took them too long to realise that u won't get anything on merit hence Prof Osagie lost to Anao and the worthless Nwanze. Also when other states were ensuring that institutions in their state were filled with their indigent, the God fathers in Edo were busy appointing their cronies from all around to take position in Fed institutions in d state to the detriment of their own pple. Now that the pple know better, they r determined to fight for what they think belongs to them. This is wat Nigeria has turned in2 and we must accept it that way sinx we are not ready to change it
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by AreaFada2: 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2012
chuksbogus: listen u all i work at dat psychiatric hosp. Am d vice chairman of NANNM dats for d nurses. D problem is dat d former chief medical director,embezzled a lot of money and want to put dr olotu to cover her.but olotu is not d most senior dr in d hospital,besides olotu left d hosp for 5yrs only for d former CHEI MEDICAL DIRECTOR tO bring him a month to d interview to force him on us while doctor ikeji is his senior proffessiomally, age wise and in all.they promoted dr olotu 3 hours to wen d cmd interview will hold so dat he will be equal wit dr ikeji. Dats wat d problem

Chuks don't mind them.

When the so-called majority tribes are able to to foster their "tyranny of the majority", they are happy.
They like to protect their corrupt people and accuse others of tribalism when we know how the major tribes trample all over the minorities.
Let them appoint another of their corrupt majority tribe person. The country is doomed anyway. Why delay the inevitable.

BLACKPIKIN,

You have only betrayed your own bigotry same as the mod or mods who quickly brought this to front page in order to start ethnic minority bashing.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by lexus1: 3:03pm On Apr 06, 2012
Which country has such a phenomenon, they have to fight for that belongs to them.[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2012
I won't blame the Benin people really, afterall we're in a country where tribalism is encouraged instead of meritocracy even by the government. Imagine a situation where an Asaba woman who has been married off to the north comes to contest a senate position in Asaba while her husband is contesting to be a senator somewhere in the north. I think things have gotten worse because even in pre and post independence Nigeria when Cities where not really cosmopolitan, we have people from anywhere becoming anything anywhere. We had an Igbo VC in UI(anyways this was not a regional univertity, so it's kinda understandable). We also has an Igbo VC in Lagos. We has an hausa Mayor in Enugu and so many more. I think we should find a way to break the ethnical control of institutions in Nigeria(not by forgetting our ethnicities as suggested by ZIK). People should be indegenes citizens of where they've lived for at least 1 year.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
I completely take back what I said earlier about Oriakhi and his allies. I should have checked to see that the story posted by the OP was actually accurate. My apologies to anyone I may have offended. I was certain that Dr. Olotu was an Itsekiri since Olotu is a also an Itsekiri name and the opening post made it seem that he was not Bini.

Sunday Osasu Olotu is a Bini man.

Nothing posted by anyone so far in this thread has been accurate. Dr. Ikeji was never in the running to become medical director of the hospital as someone insinuated he was above. This is the actual story:

By Olaolu Olusina

A pan-Benin socio-cultural group, Ovbiogiso, has cried foul over what it alleged as the unwholesome marginalisation of the Benin people in Edo State and has therefore petitioned President Goodluck Jonathan over the matter.

One of the conveners of the group, Honorable Roland Oriakhi, who signed the petition along with others, said the friendly and hospitable nature of the average Benin was apparently being taken for granted by those he described as having perfect hatred for the Benin people.

Citing the case of alleged manipulation in the on-going impasse over the appointment of a substantive medical director for the Psychiatry Hospital, Uselu, Benin City, Oriahki appealed to Jonathan to act in the interest of justice, saying “tension is mounting in Uselu community over the attempt to prevent Dr. Sunday Osasu Olotu from becoming the substantive medical director after coming first on merit in a transparent interview process.”

“After the retirement of the former medical director, an interview was conducted on September 20, 2011 for the post. The interview was done after an internal and external advertisement.

“The interview panelists were members of the Board of management of the hospital, representatives of Federal Ministry of Health, Federal Character Commission, among others. At the end of the interview, the result was made public in order to enhance transparency and accountability. In order of merit, one Dr. Sunday Osasu Olotu scored 77.6 percent to come first, while Dr. George Okechukwu Eze scored 61.1percent and Dr. Enobakhare Uwadiae scored 56.5percent to come second and third respectively. “Hence Dr. Olotu was recommended to the Minister of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, to forward to the President and commander-in-chief for appointment as Medical Director.
“Unfortunately, some people who have positioned themselves as Benin haters are frustrating the process of appointment of Dr. Olotu. Instead of appointing Dr. Olotu, he was issued a query which he answered immediately and Eze who came second was appointed in acting capacity,” Oriakhi alleged.

“But since Dr. Eze was due for retirement, all his scheming to get an extension failed. He acted for 12 weeks. Sadly, instead of responding to Dr. Olotu’s query, another person, Dr. O.C Ikeji was appointed again in acting capacity while another set of query was issued to Dr. Olotu.”

Tags: News, Nigeria, Medical Director, Featured

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/furore-over-medical-director-s-appointment/112738/
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2012
afam4eva: I won't blame the Benin people really,

And you couldn't.

There's nothing to blame them for in this instance nor is there anything to blame them for in the other two instances you tried to misconstrue as tribalism.

afam4eva: afterall we're in a country where tribalism is encouraged instead of meritocracy even by the government.

As I have already said in other threads, if merit were strictly adhered to, these kinds of issues would not even arise. Several Bini people have already risen to very high positions in various non-political organizations in Nigeria based on academic/professional competence and it is absurd to insinuate that it is the Edo of all groups that need tribe or ethnicity as a crutch. This is not the group anyone should be trying to turn into a scapegoat or use as a poster boy for the sacrifice of meritocracy for ethnicity. Direct that kind of whinging toward more northern, desert-dwelling groups if anybody, but not to this particular southern group as there is absolutely nothing to bear out this ridiculous perception.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2012
By SIMON EBEGBULEM
BENIN— ACTIVITIES were grounded at the Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Uselu, Benin City, yesterday, when workers of the hospital and members of the host community, embarked on a peaceful protest, rejecting the purported appointment of Dr. Osasu Olotu, as the new Chief Medical Director, CMD, of the hospital by the Federal Government.

The workers also commenced three days warning strike, accusing the Federal Government of alleged failure to follow due process in the appointment of a new CMD.

Placard carrying youths and elders of Uselu, led by the Uko N’Ibiwe of Benin Kingdom, Chief Edoba Isibor, and the Aiwerioba of Eguae-Iyoba Uselu, Chief Ighagbon Igbinoba, rejected the appointment of Olotu, and expressed their preference for the Acting Medical Director, Dr. Charles Ikeji, whom they said had employed members of the host community, which according to them, did not happen in the past.

They explained that the acting management had already established a peaceful relationship with them compared to the previous administration, which they accused of having a hand in the purported appointment of Olotu.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/protest-grounds-federal-psychiatric-hospital-uselu/

There is tension and confusion at Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Uselu, Edo state, southsouth Nigeria, following protest by members of staff of the hospital and mass protest by Uselu community chiefs and youths over the appointment of Dr. Sunday Olotu as Medical Director of the hospital.

The protesters had called for the retention of Acting Medical Director of the health institution, Dr. O. C Ikeji as substantive Medical Director.

Dr. Olotu had been appointed as substantive Medical Director of the hospital via a letter of appointment dated 26 March 2012 and signed by the Minister of State for Health, Dr. Muhammad Ali Pate.

The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of the staff of the hospital, however, kicked against the appointment of Dr. Olotu. It issued a notice on 2 April, 2012, signed by its Chairman, Comrade K. O. Oriakhi and five others, calling for a three-day warning strike.

When we visited the hospital along New Lagos Road, Benin at about 9.00 am Tuesday, workers were seen discussing in groups, just as all doors to administrative buildings were all locked.

Uselu community chiefs and youths had yesterday afternoon staged a march round town, calling for the retention of Dr. Ikeji as CMD of the hospital.

They alleged that Dr. Ikeji had done so much to develop and stabilise the hospital and Uselu community.

The Uselu chiefs threatened that should the federal government go ahead to announce Dr. Olotu as substantive CMD of the psychiatric hospital it would be tantamount to looking for their trouble, following which they will embark on a three-day warning strike after which they will open the gates leading to the wards and release the psychiatric patients into the streets of Benin.

[size=14pt]The Uselu community chiefs however made a U-turn this morning, saying that their previous stance was based on misinformation.

A press statement issued and signed by the PRO of Uselu Psychiatric Hospital, Stewart Efe however described the activities of those behind the strike as “upsurge of dissidents and gangsterism.”[/size]

“It may interest you to know that the appointment letter dated 26/3/2012 and signed by the Health Minister, Dr. Mohammad Ali Pate has been handed over to Dr. Sunny Osasu Olotu, thus confirming his appointment, which takes effect as from 20/3/2012,” the press statement said.

When contacted, Dr. Olotu who spoke on phone from Abuja said that he was in Abuja with the Minister of State for Health with a view to resolving the crisis, which he said was uncalled for, just as he frowned at the activities of those agitating for Dr. Ikeji.

“It is supposed to be a political appointment and not a labour matter, hence there was no reason why the union should engage in protest,” Dr. Olotu said.

He, however, appealed for all to be calm, adding that the crisis would soon be resolved amicably.

http://liveofofo.com/health/federal-psychiatric-hospital-uselu-workers-on-strike-threaten-to-release-lunatics/

2 things are apparent from these articles

1. When the medical staff that started the strike (led by K.O. Oriakhi, an Edo (Bini) man) were convinced that due process had not been followed in Dr. Osasu Olotu's appointment, they protested and some of the leaders and youths of the (Bini) community of Uselu protested alongside them for the retention of Dr. Charles Ikeji (a non-Edo) as chief medical director because they all appreciated what they feel he had done for the hospital and community. When they got wind of the correct information (what I posted earlier from thisday), they rightly made a u-turn.

2. Allafrica's journalists are apparently lazy and incompetent.

@ afam4eva, in light of recent information, your post at the beginning of this thread is starting to look like your "omoluabi" error from a while back. We should find out as much information as possible before reaching conclusions and when we err, we should admit it.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Kayday(m): 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2012
We can all see that this country is really sick. So, the Olotu is even an Itshekiri man. It's likely to be the same wahala if he was Etsako or Ishan. Rubbish!
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2012
Kayday: We can all see that this country is really sick. So, the Olotu is even an Itshekiri man. It's likely to be the same wahala if he was Etsako or Ishan. Rubbish!

What are you talking about?

The strike was caused by supporters of Charles Ikeji (an Igbo man) within the hospital and among the Bini community of Uselu who were misled into thinking the new appointee was not selected fairly and properly and wanted Ikeji retained permanently as the director of the hospital.

This is not about Esan or Etsako or Bini, but about misinformation on the ground and misinformation in the media.

Allafrica sucks balls as media outfit.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by lagcity(m): 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2012
I suddenly burst into uncontrollable laughter when i read this. those rogues are threatening to release lunatics! guys, if nau no see Lagcity again, just know that i died from laffter after reading this thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar / Losing Weight Through Eating Bitter Kola, How True Is It? / COVID-19 Update For March 24 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.