Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD (6502 Views)

How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor / NGO To Empower 154 Commercial Sex Workers In Gombe State (photo) / Salaries Of Doctors And Other Health Workers In Some Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by ignis: 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2012
You go fear empty threat.... Tribalism eating up nigeria like biscuit.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by GboyegaD(m): 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2012
Later we all blame government when we ourselves are even worse than they are. How on earth would you choose to reject a candidate on tribal grounds I weep for the future of Nigeria and so unfortunately, some people tell me Nigeria is getting better. God help this country!!!
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2012
Apparently few people are bothering to read past the first post in the thread. Nobody was rejected on tribal/ethnic grounds and the information in the opening post is extremely inaccurate.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by sylve11: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2012
chuksbogus: listen u all i work at dat psychiatric hosp. Am d vice chairman of NANNM dats for d nurses. D problem is dat d former chief medical director,embezzled a lot of money and want to put dr olotu to cover her.but olotu is not d most senior dr in d hospital,besides olotu left d hosp for 5yrs only for d former CHEI MEDICAL DIRECTOR tO bring him a month to d interview to force him on us while doctor ikeji is his senior proffessiomally, age wise and in all.they promoted dr olotu 3 hours to wen d cmd interview will hold so dat he will be equal wit dr ikeji. Dats wat d problem

omo eye turn me reading that ur post sad cool
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Outstrip(f): 10:31pm On Apr 06, 2012
They should start firing all of them. There are many other people with no jobs that will be happy to work. The threat to throw the patients who cannot care for themselves out on the streets is not just a sackable offence but also a crime. They should be sacked and arrested if they dare carry out the threat. Illiterate idiots
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by ikennahill: 12:27am On Apr 07, 2012
bini people tire me oh.even for church they are so tribal.the people striking are the real lunatics
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by tpia5: 2:19am On Apr 07, 2012
can they please stop sending non-indigenes to these areas for goodness sake.

didnt we go through the same scenario the other time when they said they didnt want a non-indigene as uniben vice chancellor?

abeg put their own people there and let us hear word- who has time to be reading recycled news every day?

whoever is in charge of these things should use wisdom in such cases nah? Is it by force to send outsiders there?
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 5:03am On Apr 07, 2012
ikennahill: bini people tire me oh.even for church they are so tribal.the people striking are the real lunatics

tpia@:
can they please stop sending non-indigenes to these areas for goodness sake.

didnt we go through the same scenario the other time when they said they didnt want a non-indigene as uniben vice chancellor?

abeg put their own people there and let us hear word- who has time to be reading recycled news every day?

whoever is in charge of these things should use wisdom in such cases nah? Is it by force to send outsiders there?

PhysicsQED: Apparently few people are bothering to read past the first post in the thread. Nobody was rejected on tribal/ethnic grounds and the information in the opening post is extremely inaccurate.

Wow. Fukk Allafrica news. They fukked up this story so massively and people are just running with it. Part of the blame should also go the OP as well, for not correcting that crap.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Bastiger(m): 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2012
nonsense
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Kayday(m): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2012
@physicsQED, you have tried so hard to throw light on the issue but people easily formed an opinion from the topic.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by kelewa: 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2012
PhysicsQed:

Wow. Fukk Allafrica news. They fukked up this story so massively and people are just running with it. Part of the blame should also go the OP as well, for not correcting that crap.

please break down this original post in a manner that clarifies it for the rest of us:

Benin — Medical staff of the Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Uselu, Edo State have embarked on an indefinite strike over the appointment of Dr. Sunday Olotu as Medical Director of the hospital.

The medical workers said they want an indigene of Benin as the new medical director and they have threatened to release all lunatics in the hospital if their demand was not met.

Olotu was appointed as substantive medical director through an appointment letter dated March 26, and signed by the Minister of State for Health, Dr. Muhammad Ali Pate.

The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of the staff of the hospital, however, kicked against the appointment of Dr. Olotu. It issued a notice on April 2, signed by its chairman, Comrade K. O. Oriakhi and five others, calling for a three-day warning strike
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by naijadoctor: 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2012
I'm a doctor in that hospital so I need to make certain point very clear. Firstly, this piece of information is totally FALSE. Dr Sunday Olotu is of Benin Ancestry. He applied for study leave WITHOUT PAY in March 2008 and got a 2year leave approved for him. He was in the United Kingdom for this study but could not afford to pay the 8000 pounds fees, so he had to take up a job and because of that, he could not finish the course as a part time programme within 2 years so he re-applied for another year and another (which he spent half of). During this time, he was due for promotion but because he was away, he had to wait till he got back to Nigeria to apply for his deserved promotion. He spent a total of 3years and 6months in the U.K. He came back to Nigeria because the position of the M.D. was vacant and like every other qualified consultant, he applied for, wrote the exams and came FIRST of all consultants that wrote. On this basis, he was recommended by the minister of state for health and approved by President Jonathan as the Medical director. There has never been a time that the government would appoint M.Ds based of age or seniority. It has always been based on interviews, recommendations and approval by Mr. President. The NURSES and other staff there prefer Dr. Ikeji because his wife is a lecturer @ the state school of nursing and because he promised to buy a bus for them and give them special welfare packages. Dr. Olotu is a sound material, the most intelligent psychaitrist in the hospital and a man of all principles. Mr. President has approved of him. For the benefit of clarity, Doctors are NOT on strike. We work day and night. Pharmacists, health records and administration staff are working. Just the nurses and health attendants that are on this (illegal) strike. They cannot have an M.D. Because they prefer him! It is not an election. They should come back to work within the next week or risk forfeiting their HUGE salaries as the law states (after 15 days of an illegal strike). For those of you talking about the Binis and tribalism, I leave you to God. Tribalism is the bane of the appointments into Federal government offices in Ibo and Yorubaland. The binis are peace loving people that are not tribally inclined. The MD that most of the nurses are saying that they want, is not even from Edo state! Dr. Olotu is the MD, and he means well for both patients and staff. Mr president believes in him. Please let us pray for him. This is the real picture. Thank you.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by Kayday(m): 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2012
@naijadoctor, thank u for shedding more light. Case dismissed!
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by bytes2tera: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
@naijadoctor,

There's something wrong about your post.

On the frontpage of the hospital's website is a list of its consultants - http://psychospitaluselu.com

I dont see any name like Dr. Olotu there.

Could you please tell us why this is the case? Also you made no mention of the reported use of thugs/cultists by Dr Olotu and his accomplices
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by naijadoctor: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2012
@ bytes2tera. Thank you. Federal neuropsychiatric hospital, Benin has 3 firms run by consultants (A,B,C). Firm C is also d emergency unit. When the website was created, Dr. Olotu was out of the country on his study leave and the names of the consultants on ground were submitted. A typical website that runs effectively should be managaed actively and updated daily. That site was last updated LONG ago.
Let me say one thing that has made Dr Olotu stand out in all these shows of power and ignorance, he has been VERY calm and QUIET. He went about his normal duties as if nothing was going wrong. Hw still maintained a very good relationship with the then Ag. MD, Dr. Ikeji. He has been so calm! And that surprised me! On the 2nd of April, 2012, some fierce looking and armed thugs and some chiefs with objects for incantations came to the hospital demanding for Dr. Ikeji to be left as the MD. (As if I knew,) I took some pictures of them from the doctor's room upstairs because I felt unsafe. It was a frighteninr scene! I can send the pics to you wit the inscriptions and placards and you'll see the name of the MD that they were fighting for!!! So clear! So I'm honestly surprised @ your question. All the cases of thuggery have been against Dr. Olotu. I am not aware of thugs fighting FOR Dr. Olotu since the whole thing started. Some days ago, some chiefs and youths that (on the previous day) clamoured for Dr. Ikeji, changed their stance and said that they were misinformed about Dr. Olotu and that they would support him. I really think that you should meet Dr. Olotu. He's a principled man. He would not use thugs. He has never fought with Dr. Ikeji. He just got approved by Mr. President and assumed duty amidst tight security. Before then, he was always in the wards working. I'm surprised @ the rumour that he used thugs. I can't even say for sure that Dr. Ikeji used thugs but all the thugs that I saw, were against Dr. Olotu. Thank you.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by daveemuobo(m): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Can you provide evidence in support of the part in bold?

Every uniben student as at 2008/2000 should know that this is true.....annoying
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by tpia5: 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2012
no need for long story.

when making appointments, please put people whose names are identifiably benin/edo.

end of discussion, to whom it may concern.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by ikennahill: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
@naija dr.
Dr.olotu went on study leave for what?
Why did he come back? For md position or after completion of study? I bet he neva complete his studies.

The truth is yet to b seen here.something is amiss
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 12:38am On Apr 11, 2012
dave.emuobo:

Every uniben student as at 2008/2000 should know that this is true.....annoying

But does every uniben student know that that person was appointed illegally? The outrage should be against probable ethnic nepotism in appointing someone illegally, not the imbecilic complaints by people who think the VC position of uniben was not previously determined on an ethnic basis.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 12:46am On Apr 11, 2012
tpia@:
no need for long story.

when making appointments, please put people whose names are identifiably benin/edo.

end of discussion, to whom it may concern.

If putting someone there whose name was identifiably Edo was the issue, the Edo people there (Uselu) wouldn't have been protesting for the retention of an Igbo man (Charles Ikeji) as the hospital medical director.

This story was never about tribalism except to incompetent journalists. If you want to read a story about tribalism read about the Unilag VC saga in the 60s when Saburi Biobaku replaced Eni Njoku.
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by tpia5: 2:34am On Apr 11, 2012
^^yes, and yahooyahoo scamming/419 is payback for when oyibos colonised africa.

you must think you're saying something?
Re: Psychiatric Hosp. Workers In Edo On Strike Over Appointment Of Dr Olotu As MD by PhysicsQED(m): 3:31am On Apr 11, 2012
Yeah ok, whatever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Records 170 New COVID-19 Cases On February 14, 2021 / Immune Booster Drugs Can Help Hiv Patients. / COVID-19 Update For August 3 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.