Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags (6595 Views)

Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ / Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ / Police Apologise To Amaechi; Restore Orderlies For Top Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by DameJonathan(f): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2012
Police IG Warns Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags

The acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, has warned police orderlies to stop carrying handbags belonging to politicians or their principals.

This came just as the IG cautioned federal highway patrol policemen against mounting roadblocks, adding that they were ordered back to the highways to ease traffic congestion, assist accident victims, fight armed robbery and other acts of criminality.

The IG, who was fielding questions from newsmen in Calabar, Cross River State on Thursday, said the duty of an orderly was to ensure the safety and well being of his principal and not to play the role of a house boy.

Abubakar said the era of assigning more than two police orderlies to everybody that applied was over.

He added the force had put mechanism and monitoring gadgets in place to monitor and arrest those carrying bags for their principals.

“So, VIP should take note that when we give them orderlies, they are not supposed to be turn into house boys and house girls,” he said.

Abubakar commended the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan for re-equipping the police force in the country, saying in the 21st Century policing, the police had created a department where Deputy Inspector-General would be in charge of Info-tech.

He said the info-tech device would monitor the activities of people and anything that had to do with Internet, computers and the modern world of technology that could be used to track vehicles.

The IG said he would create police that belong to the people, serve the people, respect the people and would be there for the people of Nigeria.

He noted that Nigeria remained the only country in the world where the people castigate their police.

He said, “We want to see a shift on that, we want to accept criticism that are real, realistic in nature because we want to change, not just for somebody to sit down and accuse the police that they have not done this or that.”

He solicited the support of the media in the efforts towards protecting the country, describing the media as an important organ in the fight against crime and criminality.

Meanwhile, Abubakar called on state governors to assist in the effective policing of the country.

He was in Benin, Edo State on Thursday in continuation of his visits to police commands across the country.

Receiving 50 Toyota Hilux patrol vans donated to the police by the Edo State Government, Abubakar commended Governor Adams Oshiomhole for what he described as countless assistance rendered to security agencies in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-warn-orderlies-against-carrying-politicians-bags/

Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by Phonon: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2012
That picture is disgusting.Look at member of a police unit that is supposed to be elite holding out an umbrella for a foreigner.Arghh!THE NIGERIA POLICE!

1 Like

Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by Ttola(m): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2012
leave the article, look at the picture.. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy reminds me of colonial days grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by blackboi(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2012
AKay!
gringrincheesylipsrsealed
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by blackboi(m): 11:01am On Apr 06, 2012
Bunch of failuregrin
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by babaowo: 11:08am On Apr 06, 2012
may God help the IG and nigerians generaly.
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by cashmentor(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2012
Just like telling an House Help to stop washing the toilet, i wonder who's gonna wash it? David Mark or Tinubu! Point is, the NPF have long made themselves slaves to the PDP, highly placed Foreigners, Money and politicians! Too late, you can't Rebrand a duck to a dove nauw, even you, sir, is an -------? to Gej (shhhhhhh) no be me talk am O!

1 Like

Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by animari(f): 11:31am On Apr 06, 2012
A picture speaks a thousand words indeed
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by noiseless: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2012
And you call this a nation? well a land of mental homes without carers, yes!
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by seguno2: 12:03pm On Apr 06, 2012
cashmentor: David Mark or Tinubu! Point is, the NPF have long made themselves slaves to the PDP, highly placed Foreigners, Money and politicians!

I wonder why you singled out PDP?
Don't they do "slaves" to other partisan politicians?
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by Reference(m): 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2012
When you privatize without deregulating that's what you get.. Why will police ride in a Porsche Cayenne and fly business class and not carry bag. Or if Oga goes to Obudu resort will they keep orderly with the wild life. Police plc. They pay you SERVE and protect. I pity them and their I.G. The korofo in the pic will probably get a tokunbo samsung phone for his umbrella carrying skills.

We've said it time again. The police is a law enforcement agency not a guard or personal protective agency. These kinds of jobs are for agencies like the Secret Service in the US for top government officials. For top private individuals the police can license crack private security outfits led by experienced retired cops in a close working relationship thus enabling them to bear very light arms on a need basis but without the powers of arrest, interrogation or deadly force.

The rate at which the police is going, the next picture you will see is the police dehusking groundnut for the man or chasing frogs for dinner.

3 Likes

Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by cashmentor(m): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2012
seguno2:

I wonder why you singled out PDP?
Don't they do "slaves" to other partisan politicians?
Did other "Partisan Politicians" tell you and me they were gonna rule Nigeria for the neXt 60 Years? Now you get where i'm comin from!
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by skullbaba: 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2012
I reserve my comment and comment my reserve

1 Like

Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by donpeluchi(m): 12:41pm On Apr 06, 2012
Thankgod someone's realized this. A policeman carrying the handbag of any politician is an embarrasment to the proffession
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by gbanikiti(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2012
na wa o! wonders dont seem to end.naija police man don turn umbrella holder.clueless eeediots!
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by gulfer: 1:04pm On Apr 06, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by gulfer: 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
What happened to the officers in these picture, were they investigated and made to face the consequences of their action? Answer is NO and we all know the IG is blabbing about policemen not making themselves bag carriers. Police officers especially the low ranks know that it is better and more rewarding to carry a politician, Oyinbo, Asian bag than to carry AK-47 about on less than N50,000 monthly. He should improve the system, give them a meaning for their lives in the force and watch them call the bluff of the Asians and lesser politician but for now; status quo remains.

1 Like

Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by emsquare(m): 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2012
Phonon: That picture is disgusting.Look at member of a police unit that is supposed to be elite holding out an umbrella for a foreigner.Arghh!THE NIGERIA POLICE!

LOL!
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by Paulsquare: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2012
I really want you guys to understand that the nigeria police as it is today become what it is just becos poor tranining, management and low salary. How would you expect a police officer with a family to recieve 40k per month as a salary when he have school fees of his kids to pay, so when he cant meet up with his family responsibilities he will be ready to make up his mind in carrying bag or collecting 20naira to meet up with his family. Let the tax money collected by the federal govt go to its purpose of paying police salary instead of the top men sharing among them self. Remember that to who less is given less or littel is required.
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by lexus1: 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2012
Conflict where there are, just look at you from which point of view[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by EagleNest(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2012
Shame! Shame! Shame!
A snake will always give birth to a snake.
NPF is a clear image of 21st century Nigeria...A malfunctioning system.
When will all these end?
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by gidiMonsta(m): 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
I just hope M.D. Abubakar is successful with his NPF reform plans, he is making a lot of sweeping changes that effected nd sustained we won't be making jest of our poilce force but praising them instead.
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by MissEZ(f): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2012
gidiMonsta: I just hope M.D. Abubakar is successful with his NPF reform plans, he is making a lot of sweeping changes that effected nd sustained we won't be making jest of our poilce force but praising them instead.

Seconded
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by IYANGBALI: 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2012
What do you expect hungry looking people to do when they are working with polithievians?carry their bags and if possible run away with them
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by chucky234(m): 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
Paulsquare: I really want you guys to understand that the nigeria police as it is today become what it is just becos poor tranining, management and low salary. How would you expect a police officer with a family to recieve 40k per month as a salary when he have school fees of his kids to pay, so when he cant meet up with his family responsibilities he will be ready to make up his mind in carrying bag or collecting 20naira to meet up with his family. Let the tax money collected by the federal govt go to its purpose of paying police salary instead of the top men sharing among them self. Remember that to who less is given less or littel is required.
Mr. Paul I disagree with you on this,I grew up in the Cantonment as my both parents are soldier and they were earning far lower than what the police earn as salaries but never carry bags for any politician in public.
A corporal in my father's unit once shot a rich man he was asigned to guard in Ikoyi for ordering him around his house,the rich man sent the soldier on errand but the soldier refused. The rich man became furious and stated barking at the soldier,before he could say idiot the soldier shot is intestines out.
The soldier was arrested but at the end the army covered it up that the soldier had mental problem,that's the difference between the army and the police.
The police,airforce and Navy is still being paid better than the army,the police force is naturally built around bribes.
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by Myself2(m): 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2012
IGP you're on your own
So when the oga politician gives the oderly bag,which mouth the orderly wan take say "no sir,I cant carry your bag"?infact i think the IGP is high on a mixture of toilet fumes and igbo

If you even know that some of the orderlies dey pinch dough and some other valuables from the poltician's bags,you no go carry dey misyarn
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by chinedumo(m): 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2012
The poster Goes by the Name of DameJonathan. is this the real Dame or an impersonation?
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by naptu2: 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2012
Raymond Njoku welcoming President Nnamdi Azikiwe (note that the president is carrying his bag by himself).

1 Like

Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by oladayo042: 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2012
Reference: When you privatize without deregulating that's what you get.. Why will police ride in a Porsche Cayenne and fly business class and not carry bag. Or if Oga goes to Obudu resort will they keep orderly with the wild life. Police plc. They pay you SERVE and protect. I pity them and their I.G. The korofo in the pic will probably get a tokunbo samsung phone for his umbrella carrying skills.

We've said it time again. The police is a law enforcement agency not a guard or personal protective agency. These kinds of jobs are for agencies like the Secret Service in the US for top government officials. For top private individuals the police can license crack private security outfits led by experienced retired cops in a close working relationship thus enabling them to bear very light arms on a need basis but without the powers of arrest, interrogation or deadly force.

The rate at which the police is going, the next picture you will see is the police dehusking groundnut for the man or chasing frogs for dinner.
Sad but true.
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by Johnny(m): 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
See how hypocritical &ignorant so many of u are.sometimes ago,i opened a thread &complaining bitterly abt this practice.....i evn mentioned GOV.ROTIMI AMAECHI as one of those who would even give their suits to their orderly to hold..what did i get?Bashing &insult!why,on earth,shuld a policeman carry d bag or file of his boss when he‘s supposed to be battle-ready all times?its demaning &quite disgusting.....
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by Pakavy(m): 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2012
nice one considering dat some of those politicians r passive bokos.eva wonderd how those xplosives breach d security checks?!
Re: IGP Abubakar Warns Police Orderlies Against Carrying Politicians’ Bags by antartica(m): 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2012
Nigerian police are like "boy" "boy",house helps.they behave like irresponsible kids just for instant gratifications.Stipends.It is a dominant mind set in nigeria that cut across adults populution,adults that behave like children,irresponsible.

I

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fr Mbaka To Diri: You Will Govern Bayelsa For Only Two Months / Analysis Of Jonathans Ministers / See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.