Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,911 members, 7,952,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Itching Eye(screen Reaction) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itching Eye(screen Reaction) (1700 Views)

Been Having Itching Eye, Is It Normal? / Marian Adejokun Suffers Allergic Eyedrop Reaction (Graphic Photos) / Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itching Eye(screen Reaction) by ola231: 6:57am On Apr 07, 2012
Doctors i̅n Τђe house .Please iv been having itching eye for bout 4days ŋα̲̅w due †̥o frequent usage of computer monitor screen though its part of м̣̇Ɣ job but it pains badly when i com across any bright light ......Went †̥o Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ an doc he gave M̶̲̅ε̲ some pain relief pills & a Visine eyedrop & said it'll βε̲̣ over i̅n 4 days but its 4days ŋα̲̅w & i'm still getin Τђe same real itchint like Τђe ϑa̲̅Ɣ 1.....Pls house,any help i̅n here ?
Re: Itching Eye(screen Reaction) by iiiyyyk(m): 12:11am On Apr 10, 2012
itchy eyes can be caused by allergies or slight refractive conditions. if it is allergies, then you need some anti allergic eye drops and some complementary tablets. also you have to check if you have recently been expose to something new, it might be a new soap, a cream, even a new cloth you never can tell.....but it is always very difficult to detect an allergen.

a slight refractive error can also cause minor eye irritation and strain. especially since you are a regular user of computer. eye strain might not be far. in such case you will need glasses or contact lenses

the visin might not be of help, visine is mainly to reduce eye redness, though it can reduce mild irritation in some cases, becouse it reduces the amount of blood to the eye surface. so if the cause of irritation is carried in the blood the visin might help a little.

i will advise you visit an eye doctor, optometrist or ophthalmologist, who will be able to give you a complete eye examination and treatment. it is very risky to prescribe drugs to the eye without seeing it, the eye is a very delicate organ. so please go see the right doctor.
Re: Itching Eye(screen Reaction) by sweetmisery(f): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2012
I am wearing contact lenses everyday. And my eyes are itching each and every time. Should I stop using my lenses? But my eyesight is really poor.
Re: Itching Eye(screen Reaction) by iiiyyyk(m): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
were your eyes itching you b4 you started using contact lenses ?

if no, then you have to stop using the contact lenses for sometime say about four days, to see if the itching will stop, if the iching stops, that means you will need to see your doctor for further examination. contact lenses are made with differnt marterials, your doctor will either change the kind or brand of contact you are using or change the contact lens solution. it might be the solution that is irritating the eyes.

first change the solution for sometime to see if the itching will stop. if it doesn't, you can now drop the lenses for some days. if neither of those things is responsible for the itching then you will need to be using your contacts with an eye drop that will stop the itching.

you can let me know how you are going about it/.

(1) (Reply)

NMA Strike: Simple Questions In The Court Of Public Opinion / The Business And Profit Side Of Ruzu Bitters / Liver Function Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.