Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Why Can't Our Religious Houses Help Their Youths? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Our Religious Houses Help Their Youths? (564 Views)

Nigeria! Why Can't Our Leaders Use Common Sense! - A Must Watch Video. / Lagos Shuts Religious Houses, Hotels Over Noise Pollution / Parents Climbed A School Wall To Help Their Kids Cheat On An Exam (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Our Religious Houses Help Their Youths? by deandavid(m): 9:54am On Apr 10, 2012
now we have seen that our govt both
federal,state and local govt are delivering,
Nigeria being a very religious nation, and our
religious leaders both muslim and christian
have great influence on the people. With this
status and said responsibility in guiding the people aright and seeing to their well
being,why cant this religious leaders help
create jobs for the youths in their domains.i
was in a catholic church last week and the
announcer was mentioning millions collected
from last year's harvest,i was wondering what do they do with this money? Ok they give the
money to the bishop, and the bishop uses it to
help the poor,by giving them food materials
etc. etc. But is that wise enough? I dnt think so,
WHY CANT THEY USE THE MONEY TO BUILD
INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA TO EMPLOY THE YOUTHS IN THEIR CHURCHES. All they do is open private
universities, that only the rich can attend,
including my our dear catholic church, We
recently heard of a bishop owning 4 jets and
starting an airline business, that is good, but
not good enough, how many members can that airline employ. Why not do something
bigger to employ millions of youths in their
church that both the rich and poor members
can benefit.
Re: Why Can't Our Religious Houses Help Their Youths? by Callotti: 10:22am On Apr 10, 2012
They do.
On their beds!
Re: Why Can't Our Religious Houses Help Their Youths? by RedReact: 10:47am On Apr 10, 2012
Which church opened an airline business?
From own point of view, church opening a business is good but you cannot trust some church members at times. By the way, churches that do construct their schools and hire teachers higher their members in that capacity. At my own assembly, they always announce job opportunities that are available.
As for pastors owing airplanes, it is a case that we cannot judge ourselves but leave it to them and the One who sent them.
Re: Why Can't Our Religious Houses Help Their Youths? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
Because they haven't finished robbing you yet.
Re: Why Can't Our Religious Houses Help Their Youths? by RedReact: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
pDude: Because they haven't finished robbing you yet.

bro, I do not do something anyhow. I have attended churches that the pastor would be 'suger-coatedly' speaking to people about giving sth while some will say dt those who will buy range-rover jeep should come out and give God Bleep naira. Imagine people turning God into a money doubler! Be gentle as dove and wise as ...

(1) (Reply)

We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders / End Of Terrorism In Sight, Says Defence Minister. (Na War Oooo!) / CIA Reportedly Thwarted New Al-qaida Underwear Bomb Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.