Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship (17757 Views)

Can A Real Born Again Girl(+prayer Worrior) Be Romantic?? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Rev. Okotie Romantic Relationship With Bode George's Wife Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Amakasondiva(f): 9:56pm On May 20, 2012
logicboy:

shocked shocked shocked shocked I am so scared, Jesoul wants to ban me!!!

On a serious note, a Godly relationship in the bible prohibits sex before marriage. Sex before marriage is almost impossible or at least very hard to achieve. Also, we are animals and we always have to be sexually attracted to a person of the opposite sex before marriage. No one dates/marries someone that they dont want to have sex with later.

A godly or religous relationship is impossible unless you're a eunuch
logicboy:

On a serious note, a Godly relationship in the bible prohibits sex before marriage. Sex before marriage is almost impossible or at least very hard to achieve. Also, we are animals and we always have to be sexually attracted to a person of the opposite sex before marriage. No one dates/marries someone that they dont want to have sex with later.

logicboy:

seriously i pity u. Relationship witout sex is 100% posible is pple in d likes of u that think and act otherwise. My candid advice; repent and be saved. Hell is real.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
buzugee: well fortunately for me, or should i say unfortunately, i was a filthy heathen grin when i met the missus and she was a heathen too. so we were being intimate like crazy and smoked some weed too grin . further down the line we both got the calling to live decent lives governed by the laws of God. fortunately for us, when we got to this level, there was no issue of sexual tension cuz we had done it numerous times when we were heathens. so the life is basically more relaxed. nothing heavy. lost interest in going out to party. so we basically chill, read, eat, read the bible, and go on the net. now if i was in the lord before i got involved with any woman ? unless you were ready to marry, i would say it is a bad idea. like whats the purpose of it ? just so you can sit and talk to someone of the opposite sex ? there is no purpose in being in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex if you are not married. it is counter-productive, distracting, creates unnecessary friction and confusion and just plain crazy and stupid. its like being locked in a chocolate shop and being told not to eat any. its just pointless. waste of time and energy. and just on a side-note, sex is marriage in the eyes of the lord. all that other extra ceremony on the side ? thats mans tradition. Gods tradition is, sex is marriage. genesis 24 vs 67. genesis 2 vs 24

God centered relationships dont differ from heathen relationships. only difference is you have limits and boundaries. you can be romantic if thats your personality. you can be touchy feely if thats your personality.

Bro, you so hit it! Found this thread late sha, but like you, David, I know both sides of that coin and the Lord was exceedingly merciful to me. However, Buzugee cut it perfectly. Unless y'all are looking at the altar and being joined before yo family and the Family of God, what really you doing together? There's so much work God has to do in a man's life to get him ready for His Purpose as it relates directly to that man and the woman needs also to be perfected to fit into his life when he has been made ready, so when they get together before they're looking at the altar, what exactly is that for? It does lead to a lot of temptation! And it has this quality of distracting both from God's work in their lives to suit them to His Purposes.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Stewart883(m): 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
purpose100:
For more light into a godly relationship/courtship you can read this book Boy meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship by Joshua Harris.

Hi my name is kalada, I would really like to know you better. I just love this book you recommended. Please let's connect. Send me your number to kaladajumbo74@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prayer Warrior Bathes 15-year-old Girl With ‘holy’ Hot Water / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.