Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa (4218 Views)

PICTURE: Jonathan Campaign Team Buying Petrol In Blackmarket / FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre / 2015 Presidency: Buhari Laments High Cost Of APC Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Omen100(m): 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2012
??
Gud.me:
Currently d price of petrol everywere in bayelsa is #97

embarassedshut up your dirty mouth you bastard liar, one thing dislike the most, are people who tell stupid lies.
it's not only in bayelsa state alone but also some part of rivers state, you are just a swine for trying to cover-up the obvious. undecided undecided
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by escobar07(m): 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
gentleoyink: @ those of you talking

For your information, the high price of petrol in the riverine areas is not because of the increase in pump price.
Do your research and you will find out that even during Obj and Yaradua's time, fuel has been selling btw N120 to N150 in Ijaw villages.

The person who started this thread is proud because of the less informed responses he has gotten so far from those who would not just accept that GEJ is their president.
. Good. But dont u think jonathan should be able to use his position to ensure dat his people who supported him during d subsidy saga get fuel at d normal price. One could argue dat in obj's case there was no 'motivation' to ensure uniformity of price. In jona's case: he is their son and they supported him during d protest.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Omen100(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
[quote author=gentleoyink]@ those of you talking

For your information, the high price of petrol in the riverine areas is not because of the increase in pump price.
Do your research and you will find out that even during Obj and Yaradua's time, fuel has been selling btw N120 to N150 in Ijaw villages.

The person who started this thread is proud because of the less informed responses he has gotten so far from those who would not just accept that GEJ is their president.

Pray, tell me why I should join SNG and Boko Haram to protest fuel price of N1149 when I have been buying it for N150 when it was N65, knowing that if it eventually returns, it will still not affect how much I buy it?
[/quo

you reasons of not joining osama bin laden or papa ajasco to protest fuel price increase, is what has lead to your people are languishing in object poverty, and I may ask you pig today, what differential an average ijaw ogogoro drinker tugs from the so much talked about amajaris in the north, the ijaw nation are fast becoming a pessimist & gloomy Gus to the hole of Africa. stupid swines.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by JojoArmani(m): 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
Am not an ijaw man but i know very well that ijaw people has been paying high in fuel price even wen OBJ is president. Reason cus their land is covers wit river, so means of transporting petrol is high there. Even in so some villages in other states dat has bad roads and no fillin station dat buy from black market buy at high price too. Is not because they did not support subsidy protest, they were even buying 160 to 200 b4 the subsidy removal. Those people re really suffering. Riverine areas Na wa o o o. Everything is high except Fish and cryfish.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Demdem(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2012
Jojo Armani: Am not an ijaw man but i know very well that ijaw people has been paying high in fuel price even wen OBJ is president. Reason cus their land is covers wit river, so means of transporting petrol is high there. Even in so some villages in other states dat has bad roads and no fillin station dat buy from black market buy at high price too. Is not because they did not support subsidy protest, they were even buying 160 to 200 b4 the subsidy removal. Those people re really suffering. Riverine areas Na wa o o o. Everything is high except Fish and cryfish.

When it was N65 they were buying it at N150, do u think they will still buy it at that same price now that its Ń97? How far has these people benefited from the so called paliatives?
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by doctokwus: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2012

Pray, tell me why I should join SNG and Boko Haram to protest fuel price of N1149 when I have been buying it for N150 when it was N65, knowing that if it eventually returns, it will still not affect how much I buy it?
Be dat as it may.,d point is dat while others are gettin fuel @N97,bc dey sed no to d increase to N145,d people of bayelsa who suported d increase& where d pres comes frm,are not evn priviledged to get it @97;mind you,its a fact that it sells @ up to N300 & above in other parts of d state.Jst like s/bdy sed,tribalism blinds some people to incompetence,corruption& injustice;such people wi down d road suffer d consequences,more havoc await some pple wt d level of incompetence& corruption going on.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by jason123: 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2012

Proud of what? Did you read the article at all? It was sold between 120 to 150. Now its around N350-400.

How can I not accept GEJ's presidency when my WHOLE family in Nigeria voted for him? Please watch what you type
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by prettyboi1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
This is what sentimentality & tribalism brings. When Nigerians were protesting the removal of fuel subsidies by our government, some people chose to look at themselves based on "tribe" rather than nationality as "Nigerians" & they biasedly & sentimentally supported the president's bad & inconsiderate choice just because the president comes from their state/region. "A son of the land." All the best to you guys.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by jason123: 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2012

It is this same narrow POV that is killing us. When the whole nation protested, it had nothing to do with the Ijaw nation but increase in fuel price. GEJ is not an Ijaw president but a Nigerian president. The SS/SE/SW/NC voted for him. Some NW and NE also voted for him, were they fools?

You remove the fuel subsidy without tackling the issue which is the cabal.

I'll use this analogy;

A child's (masses) pocket money (subsidy) is being taken by bullies (cabal) at school. You as a parent (president), will you stop giving you son pocket money or will you tackle the bully?
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by CuteTj(m): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2012
If this report is true, i can only shake my head with pity at these Ijaws. Are they just knowing that their so called son is useless? It will be a shame if at the end of GEJ's tenure, he only gave them a church. This will teach them not to mix seriousness with sentiments.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
You wont see beaf on a thread like this.fu-ck ijaws with their tribal sentiments.btw,how many ijaws own cars since they are use to canoe ?
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Johndoe100(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
Omen100: where is the post?

I had wanted to respond to your post, but i tried to read it and came to the conclusion that you are barely litrate. Honestly I was shocked. What are you? A mechanic or a panel beater typing from a cafe? As you can see, you messed up your post so bad that it can't even be quoted. Damn to be dissed by a neandrathol.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Pa22(m): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
Gud.me:
Currently d price of petrol everywere in bayelsa is #97
LIE.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by nuclearboy(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
^ dull is an understatement for this waste of skin!

You bought at 150 when it was 65. Doesn't that tell your empty skull that you will buy at 250now it is 100?
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by rabzy01: 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2012
Welcome to subsidy
online assistance service. How can
we help you today?
-To know the price of fuel in your
home zone PRESS 1.
- If you are still stuck in the village
PRESS 2.
- In case you need fuel but you don’t
have money PRESS 3.
- To get in touch with a black
marketer in your area PRESS 4.
- If you are interested in marrying an
oil worker especially a petrol
attendant, PRESS 0.
- To personalize your new engine to
start using palm wine, PRESS 5.
- If your new means of transportation
is donkey, PRESS 6
- If you voted GEJ and not PDP,
PRESS 7
- For more info, please stay online to
speak to President Goodluck
Jonathan.
- In case you are not satisfied with his
explanation, join the #OccupyNigeria
protest nearest to you. Thank you tongue
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by bakila: 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
mizne1: Good for them.[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]

not good for them:@
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by zeejesus(m): 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
†ђξ price of petrol at Ekiti State also sell for N120.00 et N110.00. Hope this govt willnt fail d
masses
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by bakila: 7:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
Oh Fela Fela Fela of the prophetic rhymes we miss death does not leave a soul for the sake of others.
Sufferin, frownin and yet clapping for their son. I pity those that wanted to protest but are prevent from doing so by senior, greedy elders/thugs.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 12, 2012
rabzy01: Welcome to subsidy
we help you today?
home zone PRESS 1.
PRESS 2.
have money PRESS 3.
attendant, PRESS 0.
is donkey, PRESS 6
PRESS 7
Jonathan.
protest nearest to you. Thank you :PWelcome to subsidy
we help you today?
home zone PRESS 1.
PRESS 2.
have money PRESS 3.
attendant, PRESS 0.
is donkey, PRESS 6
PRESS 7
Jonathan.
protest nearest to you. Thank you

Buahhhhhahahagaga
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by doofanc: 3:47am On Apr 12, 2012
nuclearboy: ^ dull is an understatement for this waste of skin!

You bought at 150 when it was 65. Doesn't that tell your empty skull that you will buy at 250now it is 100?

abeg help me tell them.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by doofanc: 4:09am On Apr 12, 2012
Jojo Armani: Am not an ijaw man but i know very well that ijaw people has been paying high in fuel price even wen OBJ is president. Reason cus their land is covers wit river, so means of transporting petrol is high there. Even in so some villages in other states dat has bad roads and no fillin station dat buy from black market buy at high price too. Is not because they did not support subsidy protest, they were even buying 160 to 200 b4 the subsidy removal. Those people re really suffering. Riverine areas Na wa o o o. Everything is high except Fish and cryfish.

fine. Your point is taken. But the argument here is that if the former price of N65 was retained, do you think the bayelsans would be paying as high as the 300/litre as is now alleged?

One would have expected that they, knowing fully well what impact a price increase would have on them would be more vociferous, more than any other group as a matter of fact, in their opposition to the subsidy removal..

However for reasons best known to them, which some have justifyably attributed to noting other than blind support 4 their 'son', they chose to abstain from the protest.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by lacasa: 8:56am On Apr 12, 2012
Baawaa:

Listen to yourself!!You are duller than your brother GEJ
[quote author=Baawaa]

Lwkmd☺ grin
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by bolayei: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
lol someone just called ijaws illiterates..,tribalism is worse than illiteracy, all the victimising will stop soon real soon. i wish someone will burn all the garages that sell at that price to prove a point. or these garages be fined heavily to pass a message across. GEJ is a let down but wait o o which ijaw man has ever done anything for his community while in power none be it minister or anything, its our way, imagine schools for the almijiris or whatever they call it. these people will only learn hate. Fingers crossed it might be a way of removing subsidy and using the funds for the state which i doubt very much. i cant wait to bump into this jona if i see him, will tell him a piece of my mind,some people will probably lol,cant wait to go back home and prove a point atleast na the same EGBESU go protect us. Fucking fisherman, well i could afford cortina when i was little unlike person wey no fit afford slippers wey de feed with £4m per year. we need a REVOLUTION and very soon e go happen
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2012
bolayei: lol someone just called ijaws illiterates..,tribalism is worse than illiteracy, all the victimising will stop soon real soon. i wish someone will burn all the garages that sell at that price to prove a point. or these garages be fined heavily to pass a message across. GEJ is a let down but wait o o which ijaw man has ever done anything for his community while in power none be it minister or anything, its our way, imagine schools for the almijiris or whatever they call it. these people will only learn hate. Fingers crossed it might be a way of removing subsidy and using the funds for the state which i doubt very much. i cant wait to bump into this jona if i see him, will tell him a piece of my mind,some people will probably lol,cant wait to go back home and prove a point atleast na the same EGBESU go protect us. Fucking fisherman, well i could afford cortina when i was little unlike person wey no fit afford slippers wey de feed with £4m per year. we need a REVOLUTION and very soon e go happen

Abeg abeg abeg, no revolution this year again o maybe next year, we have settled down for the business of 2012. No distractions please.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by jameslinus47: 11:26am On May 18, 2012
...The Rawlscentre(www.therawlscentre.org) is a center for social justice! we Nigerians some times think in an unprecedented way
Lamenting abt the high price of fuel in Bayelsa is a move made to call for the urgent attention of the President
to look into is own family bedroom affairs that's full with ugly bed bugs and cockroach and why he have to structure
this problem from his home and to all part of the country after all our elders use to say charity begins at home
so if he canot set things straight in is home how will it be possible for him to do this outside...The ijaw plight is
a plight for all and we should not feel it's personal.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by Kobojunkie: 12:23pm On May 18, 2012
What does the Rawls center want Nigerians to do about it? Did the same center do anything to mobilize at least those in Bayelsa to protest the last fuel hike? Charity begins at home alright and in this case, it ought to start right there in Bayelsa.
Re: The Rawls Centre Laments High Cost Of Petrol In Bayelsa by jameslinus47: 1:11pm On May 18, 2012
therawlscenter is an up coming organization which kick start it's operations few months ago
after the subsidy protest/saga.It's a non-governmental organizations that believe in social justice
and strongly against this poor democratic system.Bred of activist inoculated with the spirits of prosperity for all
humans including you,you can not fault man a man who has come out unicellular to fight a just course.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Read This And You Will Regret Ever Contemplating A Buhari Presidency! / The Senate President Should Be A Southerner Otherwise... / False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.