Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,197 members, 7,839,073 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... (10776 Views)

Poll: Do you like wearing ties

This poll has ended

Poll: Do you like wearing ties?

Yes: 40% (69 votes)
No: 59% (102 votes)
This poll has ended

Corporate And Chic Lookbook / 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday / What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by oseiwe(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2012
I used to hate ties and to tuck in my shirt till 2008, since den, even Pierce Borsnan go dey view me wit envy cos I wear ties and suits more dan a 007. Ties dey fit me die!
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by DualCore1: 9:11pm On May 22, 2012
oyb:

fake geek

didn't they tell you a tie is a strangulation device which partially cuts off blood supply to the brain and this is what hackers see as an explanation for the bizarre behavior of suit wearers?

Hehehehe, seriously I cannot deny my geekery but I have had to break some geek codes.

I am mostly out with tucked in shirts, ties and shoes (Redwings Worx) as against the shorts and sandals (Timberland) geeky look I am supposed to be on.
I swim almost everyday and hate video games
My car has no dents and I don't drive like its Gran Turismo. grin

As long as I still spend 20 hours a day behind computers and gadgets, i'm still a real geek joor.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by timbros(m): 9:23pm On May 22, 2012
WOW im surprised at the poll result! So most NL guys dont like ties?
I LOVE TIES!
All my shirts have a tie to match. I have long ties, bow ties, caravats....infact i have AT LEAST 30 ties, no kidding. And no, im not a banker.
I love ties and suits anytime anyday...
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 22, 2012
I hate them with passion, cant imagine tying myself up in the name of looking coperate cause am not a goat, if na tie be the only way to look coperate, men i better do sagging
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by ReLaTE(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2012
just hate ties and hv only one that i wore once when i did a best man and the other wl be during my wedding.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by queensmith: 10:03pm On May 22, 2012
ties are sexy hmm hmmm hmmm- and a suit hmm hmm. especially if the blazer is fitted, and when he takes it off and you see the arse. . . . working in the city is bliss grin grin grin

And when he stands up and it's dangling. . . . . just makes you think some things meeehn.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Connoisseur(m): 10:11pm On May 22, 2012
I like wearing ties to events and occasions but never as an everyday outfit.
It actually makes a guy look smart and elegant
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by olawahle: 10:34pm On May 22, 2012
as for me i like ties but does tiny one's
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by mandsignal(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2012
Amaka G29:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, sir women have an array of uncomfortable death traps in fashion. From deadly stilettos, chaffing bra straps, to circulating cutting pantyhose... you may not do a comparison. Not to mention waxing, plucking, scraping dead skin, tying our hair in tight braids and weaves...No sir you may not go there! lipsrsealed
sE Any bODY foRCE yoU Wear All diS ... No coMPLAIn . Wink
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by mandsignal(m): 10:37pm On May 22, 2012
2buff: The Tie...

I hate ties.
And they look terrible on anyone that isn't shaped like a stick.
I have one of the largest heads around, guaranteed. This goes for my neck, and especially my chest.
I look a heck of a lot better leaving my first 1 or 2 shirt buttons unbuttoned (or 3 depending on the occasion tongue ), exposing a bit of my chest and chain.
Throw a suit on that, and I just set-finish.

But then there is always that event or that meeting that requires you put on a freaking tie.
And then begins the suffocation, asphyxiation and, as a result, the subtle crankiness on my part that stretches right through the duration of me wearing that most-abhorred clothing accessory.

Who thought it right to impose this grave evil as a necessity upon corporate fashion for men?
Women are fortunate to have all sorts of more relaxed options, and certainly NO BLOODY TIES!! angry angry angry
I NO BE GENTLE MAN AT ALL OO OO. OrigINAl aFRICaN madE bRO
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On May 22, 2012
Yes, when I am forced!
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by deeflamez(m): 11:04pm On May 22, 2012
For someone like me who attended a Private University where that 'rope' was compulsory for my 4years of study, and being caught without it could earn you a suspension...Mehn i hate the idea already, infact i detest it. And there's no way I'll catch myself 'voluntarily' roping my self in that shi* ...arrrggghhh!!!

@willadebo
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 22, 2012
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 22, 2012
Out of seven days in a week, I wear ties approximately 6days. Mon & Tue. then wednsday i put on casual(mostly jeans & T-shirt). Thurs. wear tie, Friday native. Sat & Sunday either ties or native(mostly tie)
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by jevic(m): 11:17pm On May 22, 2012
I like ties but I don't wear it..
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by acidtalk: 11:32pm On May 22, 2012
gboss4sure: I hate them with passion, cant imagine tying myself up in the name of looking coperate cause am not a goat, if na tie be the only way to look coperate, men i better do sagging

You got me laughing at this.

Tie? Well I have like 5 or so which I have NEVER worn before.

The irritating thing is, I have 3 suits I bought quite expensive then some few years back, only for me to blink an eye lid and was told 3 button suits are no longer in vogue. These suits I have never ever worn out of the door before only when I wanted to test 'em.

I am the Kind of "funky consultant" who dresses casual irrespective of where and who I am having a meeting with.

I have attended meeting in Diamond, First, sterling, Glo and so many others putting on shirt, jeans, trainers and a face cap......and guess what? I always come out fly.

Your Words (confidence) is what gets you going and not the so called corporate dressing.

I usually smile within me when I see some people who you know don't work jack nothing tie and wanting to also look corporate.

If na dressing them dey use sack person, omo, na from one job to another for me oh!
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 22, 2012
acidtalk:

You got me laughing at this.

Tie? Well I have like 5 or so which I have NEVER worn before.

The irritating thing is, I have 3 suits I bought quite expensive then some few years back, only for me to blink an eye lid and was told 3 button suits are no longer in vogue. These suits I have never ever worn out of the door before only when I wanted to test 'em.

I am the Kind of "funky consultant" who dresses casual irrespective of where and who I am having a meeting with.

I have attended meeting in Diamond, First, sterling, Glo and so many others putting on shirt, jeans, trainers and a face cap......and guess what? I always come out fly.

Your Words (confidence) is what gets you going and not the so called corporate dressing.

I usually smile within me when I see some people who you know don't work jack nothing tie and wanting to also look corporate.

If na dressing them dey use sack person, omo, na from one job to another for me oh!

Much in common.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 12:34am On May 23, 2012
hated them for years but now a huge fan. Aside from pants and shirts, i find myself shopping for ties to match my shirts these days. If i could wear a suit and tie to work all week i'd be quite happy.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by fingard02k(m): 1:34am On May 23, 2012
i hate that thing with passssssion...if i wan tie rope i go just go get cow rope and tie or better still goat rope make i no say something i tie for my neck..mtcheeeeeew
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by aieromon(m): 2:56am On May 23, 2012
I have never liked wearing ties but my profession kinda demands it.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Emmyk(m): 3:22am On May 23, 2012
I'm indifferent in using tie. Buh I do appreciate if it fits someone
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by nitrogen(m): 6:40am On May 23, 2012
Ties I like the slim one,but the others, i hate. I could remember during an internship with a firm, it was mandated for me to wear ties, then i had packs of nice slim admirable ties.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by melvournis(f): 7:10am On May 23, 2012
So far I have to learn can't[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 7:24am On May 23, 2012
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 7:26am On May 23, 2012
I only wear ties when I have an interview. It's not compulsory in the place I work, A large European bank. Infact I also wear a black Nike sneakers to work once in a while, only stopped wearing the sneakers when my line manager noticed.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by wales(m): 7:31am On May 23, 2012
Hell no !
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Paentera(m): 8:05am On May 23, 2012
2buff: The Tie...

I hate ties.
And they look terrible on anyone that isn't shaped like a stick.
I have one of the largest heads around, guaranteed. This goes for my neck, and especially my chest.
I look a heck of a lot better leaving my first 1 or 2 shirt buttons unbuttoned (or 3 depending on the occasion tongue ), exposing a bit of my chest and chain.
Throw a suit on that, and I just set-finish.

But then there is always that event or that meeting that requires you put on a freaking tie.
And then begins the suffocation, asphyxiation and, as a result, the subtle crankiness on my part that stretches right through the duration of me wearing that most-abhorred clothing accessory.

Who thought it right to impose this grave evil as a necessity upon corporate fashion for men?
Women are fortunate to have all sorts of more relaxed options, and certainly NO BLOODY TIES!! angry angry angry

It is said that my people perish for lack of knowledge, I see your case as that of someone perishing due to lack of knowledge about your ideal clothes size.

All the discomforts you pointed out are as a direct result of bad choice of clothes and selecting clothes small in size to your frame. Largely because Nigerian formal wear shopping is based on imported clothing, a lot of people usually have no idea of their ideal sizes and end up in either oversized clothes or bad fitting clothes. Ideally, when knotting a tie, a gentleman should have some space at the neck area with the shirt being worn, however as we pick or select clothings according to what we see around us or what is available without checking that it matches our sizes, then cases like this topic will keep recurring all due to lack of information.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Paentera(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2012
princey83: I only wear ties when I have an interview. It's not compulsory in the place I work, A large European bank. Infact I also wear a black Nike sneakers to work once in a while, only stopped wearing the sneakers when my line manager noticed.

Why you dey form for say you dey important for that bank? You work in Customer service man! That's why you can even dare to work in dem shoes!
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by instinctg(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2012
depends on the occasion but at work , for me its compulsory
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 8:38am On May 23, 2012
Paentera:

Why you dey form for say you dey important for that bank? You work in Customer service man! That's why you can even dare to work in dem shoes!

hehehe.... grin
how did u know
I might even be in the security dept or post room and how does that equate to me being important? Seriously, your brain is not bigger than that of a roach. opo nu.(FOOL).

Now read and educate yourself.

One true thing: The office Sneaker.

http://mobile.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_18/b4176130016679.htm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Talking Shoes Unveiled / What's With This Ripped Jean Thats Now Trending / Simplest Way To Grow Hair: Brows, Lashes, Beards, and Whiskers (Castor Oil)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.