Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 (102453 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by chimkar: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
fsb: @chimkar ....going with the british army fitness guide. Basically the program is designed to allow potential recruits attain the level of fitness expected of a trained soldier. The program runs for 16weeks and involves a lot of jogging, push ups, sit ups, running and others - building both muscular and aerobic endurance.

The good part is if you are lucky enough to get shortlisted the program will prepare your body for the onslaught it will receive during dssc training. If not, its a good way to keep fit.

The following is a link to the 16 week schedule...
http://m.guardiannews.com/lifeandstyle/2008/jan/07/healthandwellbeing.fitness1

You also need to download a set of 6 booklets from the following link:

http://www.ukgear.com/Pages/Inspiration/Health-and-Fitness/1-Official-British-Army-Fitness-Programme.html

I'm moving to week 3 now with the program....hope it helps that is if you are able to follow it religiously...
Pls can we go on a whatsapp or facebook? Wanna talk more with yu
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 8:47am On Apr 14, 2013
kk...will keep my number here for a bit..bb is also fyn. 215de8e6 , 0805 4xx xxxx for whatsapp....
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Vetsolo(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2013
fsb: Thanks for sharing as per Ecobank branches where the pin codes are available. At some other branches they keep saying network is down...

This idea of exam after shortlisting is troubling...thank God I read medicine sha but for all I know, 1,000 other doctors may apply...God, as I no sabi anybody how can Son of man progress for this country?
so u think na u only b dr for hear dream on papi wen u wake up cme sec round u wud b supprised dat n d army u go see prof taya beta bone dat orientatn
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2013
@vestolo y d beef? did u read d part wia i wrote dat 1000 other doctors could apply?

I don't really know the basis for short-listment but I think it is man-o-man combined with the federal character thing....

Anyway, I am also a hopeful...I'm taking it a step at a time and not putting my mind on it cos we all know how things work in this country...fingers crossed.

Btw, if you do have info that could help others applying then do share so we all benefit....
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Vetsolo(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
Beef u on what basis i dnt beef prof colleague or anybody am jst teln u dat ur mbbs is nt d koko we all got dat jst pray make god favor u cos if ur furtunatb to get dia u wud b supriced
fsb: @vestolo y d beef? did u read d part wia i wrote dat 1000 other doctors could apply?

I don't really know the basis for short-listment but I think it is man-o-man combined with the federal character thing....

Anyway, I am also a hopeful...I'm taking it a step at a time and not putting my mind on it cos we all know how things work in this country...fingers crossed.

Btw, if you do have info that could help others applying then do share so we all benefit....
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by playces: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
Pls ow can somone obtain certificate of state of origin...Is it from d LG...I'm fom ogun state...wat oda documents are stated on deir page again..thanks
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2013
@playces there is room to upload as much as 10 different documents but 4 documents are compulsory as stipulated on the website: birth certificate, certificate of origin (from your local govt of origin), final diploma (from the university) , and nysc or so ....
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Tstone1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hello guys. Please am having problems up loading my certificates. I have been trying since yesterday and is been very frustrating. Please can someone tell me how to go about it or is there something have been missing. Or is it the network? Please I need response as soon as possible. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2013
@T stone, y dont u try to be more specific as regards the problem you're experiencing. I'm sure some techie would be willing to help you out ....
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Tstone1(m): 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
fsb: @T stone, y dont u try to be more specific as regards the problem you're experiencing. I'm sure some techie would be willing to help you out ....
Thanks Fsb. Like now am using my blackberry to register. When I was having problem then I tried to download operamini on my bb. It started working fine but getting to upload certs now is a problem. I can't just get where the problem lies or maybe is the network. Is it as a result of not using PC?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Coldfaya(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2013
Pls hauz which bank sells d scratch card in abuja. Zenith keep saying they haven't started buh I see ppl v bought theirs.

Kallowdean which bank did he buy it from?

kallowdean: I was able to purchase 2PIN
I already sent some1 in Abuja and later went my self in to buy it here in Lagos!
I Neva new my friend will buy it as I was unable to reach him until he bought it.
Now I av 2 PINs and I want to sell one.
Only to an intrested person staying in Lagos around Ikotun axis or close...
We av to meet so that uu can clarify d issue of fraud out of it totally.
I will log you in & you will receive your SMS text msg Before I collect d money OK.
Am selling it for N2500...

I will log you in with your preferred user name or password.
What am trying to explain is that I will give you the PIN and you will only pay me when you av logged in and satisfy wit d transaction btw us...
BB pin 31260E3F or 08056690824.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by ananne: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2013
pls i need clarifications with regards to the age issue. the advert says candidates must not be more than 29 years by sept 2013. i was born in dec 1983, which means i will be 30 in december. am i eligible to apply since i will still be 29 years and some month. pls am waiting for answers.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2013
@ coldfaya the army website said Ecobank so why dont you visit any eco bank branch around you. Someone earlier said check union bank but a friend who works in the bank said they had not received any authorization to sell PINCODES yet so....
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2013
@ T Stone, y dont you just use a PC...i used my phone to register initially and then logged in on my phone but filling the forms was just not convenient so switched to PC.

If you still have problems uploading your files via PC, do let the house know...
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by kallowdean(m): 11:29am On Apr 15, 2013
M
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by ojimma: 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
chimkar: pls tell me more on this endurance training,what is involved?
most important thing is to stay healthy and be flexible. Run from sugary for now, with determination we will make it, d koko is to get shortlisted first.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Tstone1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
fsb: @ T Stone, y dont you just use a PC...i used my phone to register initially and then logged in on my phone but filling the forms was just not convenient so switched to PC.

If you still have problems uploading your files via PC, do let the house know...
Thanks bro...am so much grateful.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Gideon360: 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
ananne: pls i need clarifications with regards to the age issue. the advert says candidates must not be more than 29 years by sept 2013. i was born in dec 1983, which means i will be 30 in december. am i eligible to apply since i will still be 29 years and some month. pls am waiting for answers.

my advice 4u is dat, u can reg 4 DSSC because d age bracket thr is 22-35 or better still, u can still try ur luck in SSC
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Gideon360: 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
Somebody registered 2day and his reg number is over 15,500, wao! pple don register o.
If u see any number that more than this, kindly tell us to know estimete numbers of people who applied.
Tks for ur cooperation.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Tstone1(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
Gideon360: Somebody registered 2day and his reg number is over 15,500, wao! pple don register o.
If u see any number that more than this, kindly tell us to know estimete numbers of people who applied.
Tks for ur cooperation.
Don't believe this bro...got registered this morning and am just 77**. So how come bro?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Gideon360: 8:30am On Apr 17, 2013
T.stone:

Don't believe this bro...got registered this morning and am just 77**. So how come bro?

did u register 4 DSSC? The one am talking abt is under SSC.
Pls reply me wether u reg 4 SSC or DSSC. Tks
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Tstone1(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2013
Gideon360:

did u register 4 DSSC? The one am talking abt is under SSC.
Pls reply me wether u reg 4 SSC or DSSC. Tks
Ooohk! Didn't know u were referring to SSC. Mine is DSSC. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by ananne: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2013
many candidates prefer DSSC TO SSC because SSC officers are trained as combatants.....they undergo the same training and exercises with the regular NDA cadets. am not suprised at the high number of applicants. there are no jobs in the country. but the military is for those who genuinely wanna serve their country not for those looking for a pay check.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by ananne: 10:43am On Apr 17, 2013
pls, i will be 30 in december, can i apply for the short service commission? i prefer it to the DSSC. PLS I NEED ANSWERS.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Gideon360: 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
ananne: many candidates prefer DSSC TO SSC because SSC officers are trained as combatants.....they undergo the same training and exercises with the regular NDA cadets. am not suprised at the high number of applicants. there are no jobs in the country. but the military is for those who genuinely wanna serve their country not for those looking for a pay check.

The figure under SSC is more than DSSC. E.g as at yesterday SSC is 15600, while DSSC is 7700
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Most applicants who didn't find their course under dssc applied under ssc, that may be the reason why the number of ssc is more than dssc
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
@gideon360 I applied for dssc was that last week thursday or friday and my number is 11,000 and something....
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Tstone1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
fsb: @gideon360 I applied for dssc was that last week thursday or friday and my number is 11,000 and something....
I guess u meant SSC cos I applied for DSSC yesterday and my numba is 77**...
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by ParetoAndy(m): 11:38am On Apr 18, 2013
Hv u considered dssc numbering classified into different corps Such as artillery, infantry, education, etc.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2013
T.stone:

I guess u meant SSC cos I applied for DSSC yesterday and my numba is 77**...

Nope, I applied for DSSC...The only thing that makes sense is that each corp is probably represented by a number. Maybe Medical Corp is 11...What corp did u apply for?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by Tstone1(m): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
fsb:

Nope, I applied for DSSC...The only thing that makes sense is that each corp is probably represented by a number. Maybe Medical Corp is 11...What corp did u apply for?
Finance corps...so does that mean finance corps is numbering 77**?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 by fsb(m): 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
@T Stone, Mayb 1st 2 digits represent a particular corp like ParetoAndy suggested and then d remaining digits represent hw many people have registered under dat corp for example DSSC/2013/7386 ...Finance corp is 7, and 386 people have registered ....Its all conjecture though....

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply)

Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / First Bank Interview? / Ernst And Young (EY) 2019 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.