Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Single Parenting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Parenting (957 Views)

Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / Single Parenting, Love, Life And Career. / Effect Of Single Parenting On A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Parenting by chronicles(m): 11:02am On Nov 06, 2007
Single Parenting is an issue that is fast rising in our economy. The continuous rising of teenage pregnancies and single parenting is becoming alarming. What do you think is the cause? And why is the abortion rate increasing in some parts of the country?

How can we enlighten our women on how to avoid such occurrence from happening and also restoring their self esteem and how to maintain a reputable standard in becoming someone in life,

chronicles186@yahoo.com

Rufus
Re: Single Parenting by adeboo(f): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2007
If there is a system that is in place to educate these young women about their bodies - somewhere for them to go to unwin - insead of having nothing to do and being bored which leads to all sort of things.

As a young mother myself, i wasnt educaed enough and i wasnt about to start asking ma family members about the birds and the bees.

I just feel education is the key here.
Re: Single Parenting by vigasimple(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2007
I concur with ADEBOO, Education and information is essential, if we don't teach our children somebody out there will teach them for us. ( and chances are that they will teach them what is not proper, morally or spiritually sound)

Unfortunately we live in a world where many parents have not been 'parented' or shall I say educated themselves, please tell me what kind of education they are about to give to their children.

So the parents have to learn first and also learn the act of parenting and spend some valuable time with their children teaching them do and dont's and try as much possible to be their best friends so that they can confide in their parents anything and everything.

May the Chief teacher of Heaven teach us, grant us more knowledge, understanding and wisdom.
Re: Single Parenting by Busta(f): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2007
Everyone wants to be kool

secondly, the rate at which kids grow up these days and know so much, can't be compared with the days before now.

lots of babies having babies

it ain't about no sex education, its about company and the kinda friends these kids keep.
Re: Single Parenting by AkinKg: 10:18am On Nov 08, 2007
it's tasking.
If it was caused by human flaws in one's life; one nids to improve & move on.
Work on the Character flaw so that ur children wud not b victims
Re: Single Parenting by chronicles(m): 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2007
Well i are u talking from experience or u are talking based on the fact that such situation has happened to some you know, Well u were right , well what do u suggest that one do to get back on track most especially when one has lost hope and is fustrated.
Re: Single Parenting by chronicles(m): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2007
so do we get the message to them, well any one with good info should contac me, cos i am thinking of starting some like that, my number is 08027193405 and email chronicles186@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Next Of Kin / Men (married) And Mistress(es) / Any Ready-made Manual For Understanding Newborn Children Behaviour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.