Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Frscn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frscn (977 Views)

Frscn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frscn by Huramabi(m): 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2007
M.O Apatina is a road safety officer that arrested a bus I boarded very early on sunday morning on my way to church. It happened at about 7:45am along Oba Akran road, the officer asked the commercial bus driver for his driver's license the man displayed, vehicle license intact, all lights intact. but Mr Apatina could not believe it and he gave this guy ticket for seat belt violation, that the 2 passengers in front are not using seat belt. I pointed out to the officer more than ten commercial vehicles whose passengers are not using seat belt he told me do I expect him to arrest all of them. In anger he assaulted me physically and called us imbeciles.
My views even if the officers is right:
Is it not an error in law for a driver to be punished for the sin of the passengers he does not know. If I am a driver and my passenger refuse to use seat belt I suffer the consequence. when I dont have powers to enforce law. Ribadu style punishing cafe owners for fraud committed by cafe users.
Is it proper/lawful for law enforcement officers to seize drivers license of offenders without court order in order to force them to show up at their offices.
I think the likes of Apatina should not go unpunished,

(1) (Reply)

Uk To Repatriate More Stolen Funds From Ex Govs / Nigeria / Police Brutalty In G20 Meeting Kills Man - Ian Tomlison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.