Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? (1822 Views)

"Tambuwal Na Nonsense"; Nigerian Presidency Takes Another Swipe At APC Leaders / Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) / Things You Must Know About The Nigerian Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by BellaRouge(f): 2:08am On Mar 27, 2006
Everyone seems to complain about Nigeria's problems. If you could run for the position of president, having the power to change anything, would you?

I would run for President if politics in Nigeria wasnt so complicated. Besides, with all the juju and witches in Aso Rock, grin

Anyways, is Nigeria over-due for a female president? If men arent doing the job right, then I think we should try a woman. I want to be the first female Nigerian President.

*I am inspired by the present President of Liberia - her niece was a student at my school last year!
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by larger20(m): 2:27am On Mar 27, 2006
I am running for nigerian presidency when i come back!!!
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by Hotstepper(f): 5:22am On Mar 27, 2006
agreed and shall be supported
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by whiteroses(f): 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2006
it's a difficult job so i won't plus there will be lots of haters because it's impossible to please everyone
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by Badman888(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2006
That is my plan in the future to run for presidency even tough there is not much hope to make the country better, just have fun during your time as president.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by kimba(m): 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2006
for all of you who want to run for Nigerian Presidency, Goodluck.

I would rather run-away from it.

I once read an article, and let me see if I can put the pieces together,
Twas about how(in the writers opinion, Nigeria would become better).
He suggested:
- that if he had his way, every Nigerian below 5-years old should be taken away from Nigeria, to a far away Land, somewhere, and be well-educated, brought up to make good decisions, brought up to lead, brought up to love justice and fairness,, etc, etc, in short, that all those 5yr olds will grow up and not have a corrupt attitude as default.
- he then said that all the remaining peeps in Nigeria should be shot in the head after about 15-20yrs when those grown up kiddies whould be brought back to come and start a new government.

anyway, he also said the problem in his suggestion is that even the 5-year old Nigerian child already has a corrupt mind, and that problem was greater than the problem of a 50yr old corrupt nigerian. grin grin grin
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by larger20(m): 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2006
kimba:

for all of you who want to run for Nigerian Presidency, Goodluck.

I would rather run-away from it.

I once read an article, and let me see if I can put the pieces together,
Twas about how(in the writers opinion, Nigeria would become better).
He suggested:
- that if he had his way, every Nigerian below 5-years old should be taken away from Nigeria, to a far away Land, somewhere, and be well-educated, brought up to make good decisions, brought up to lead, brought up to love justice and fairness,, etc, etc, in short, that all those 5yr olds will grow up and not have a corrupt attitude as default.
- he then said that all the remaining peeps in Nigeria should be shot in the head after about 15-20yrs when those grown up kiddies whould be brought back to come and start a new government.

anyway, he also said the problem in his suggestion is that even the 5-year old Nigerian child already has a corrupt mind, and that problem was greater than the problem of a 50yr old corrupt nigerian. grin grin grin

hmmm grin grin
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by kimba(m): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2006
@BellaRouge

I would run for President if politics in Nigeria wasnt so complicated. Besides, with all the juju and witches in Aso Rock
Dont worry, by the time you are given a "brief", only a "brief" on Introduction to Juju in Nigerian Politics, no-body will tell you before you enter the next plain back to where you came from.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by larger20(m): 10:21pm On Mar 27, 2006
kimba:

@BellaRouge
Dont worry, by the time you are given a "brief", only a "brief" on Introduction to Juju in Nigerian Politics, no-body will tell you before you enter the next plain back to where you came from.

hmm how do u know thus? sad sad sad
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by BellaRouge(f): 2:19am On Mar 28, 2006
kimba:

@BellaRouge

LOL! grin Juju doesnt scare me!
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by oasis: 4:10am On Mar 28, 2006
If Nigerian presidency were akin to a job opening, I could apply.  But the dirty politics, and the chaotic campaigning makes it impossible for me to participate in it.

The Nigerian president is the person we know.  However we forget that the president's power is limited in a democracy.  So, there are things that the president would like to change, but cannot, because our laws are an impediment. So, if I became president today, I would commence making all kinds of changes, but I'd be frustrated, because difficult, uneducated, selfish, individuals would hinder the effort.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by larger20(m): 4:24am On Mar 28, 2006
Oasis we need to talk soon if u live in the US, there is buisness deal we need to work on if u r ready for big pay.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by kimba(m): 5:39am On Mar 28, 2006
@larger_20

hmm how do u know thus

as a Nija JJC, i had been asking too many questions, so i was given a brief, and after that, i was like o boy, that one is a no-go-area o.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by kimba(m): 5:43am On Mar 28, 2006
@BellaRouge

Quote from: kimba on Yesterday at 10:19:37 PM
@BellaRouge

LOL! Juju doesnt scare me!

It doesnt scare me too, but you know, there are somethings that you must do/will be required to do/compelled to do, or if you are hesitant to do it, twill be done on your behalf and in your name, and from which you might not be able to disassociate from, and depending on your upbringing and convictions, you would rather not get into what you might not be able to get out from.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by oasis: 6:59am On Mar 28, 2006
@larger_20

I've been wrapped up in the building of the following e-commerce site for the past two months: http://www.mytruefans.com/

Once the site is done, I'd be able to take on another project. You can always contact me from my main site. Thanks for endorsing my work.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by larger20(m): 1:42am On May 09, 2006
oasis:

@larger_20

I've been wrapped up in the building of the following e-commerce site for the past two months: http://www.mytruefans.com/

Once the site is done, I'd be able to take on another project. You can always contact me from my main site. Thanks for endorsing my work.

Oasis, get on me via aim, I will like to discuss in details with u. Some indians are gearing up to work on my site too. so take note
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by DaHitler(m): 4:33am On May 09, 2006
I will run for the Nigerian Presidency only if I thought I could win. Then I would :

1) Imprison and later execute all past heads of States (Except those that can prove that they did not take stolen loot. Basically, they all get to die cool)

2) Devide Nigeria into three zones (According to the rivers)

3) Relocate most of the Military equipment to the south west zone.

4) Grants soverignty to the Northern (Hausa and Fulani) and to the Eastern Zone (Igbo and other groups east of river Niger).

5) Step down as President and resume the role as iterim president in the south western zone till Parliamentry free and fair elections could be conducted and handing over power to the newly elected government.

6) Restore Lagos back to the temporary Capital (until the New Ife is built to become the new capital)

7) Allow non-western Nigerian ethnics groups that have now taken up residence in the zone to remain as long as they abide by the laws.

cool Fund public projects that depict the glory of the traditional Yoruba and Benin Gods.

9) Provide free land and other extra government services like constant electricity to foreign and indigenous companies that want to open factories in the States.

10) Sign a non-aggression pact with the Northern Nigerian Soverign state (Hausa and Fulani) and allow them to import goods through the ports in Lagos and other Western Cities with no tarrif or charge.

11) Sign a millitary coillition pact with the Eastern Zones so that the North looses any aspiration of reconquering Nigeria that they might have.

12) Make teaching of Yoruba manditory in all Elemental and middle schools.

13) Provide free Elementary and middle schools and ensure that they teach love for the State, respect for our neigbors and compliance with the rules of the State.

14) Violent crimes like Armed robbery, rape, and unjustified destruction of property should be purnished by Death (after you get to place your argument in court)

15) Sincere effort to increase the power supply of the western region by 500 percent.

16) Loan incentives to encourage people of western Nigerian descent that are over seas to return and use their new found knowledge to develop the infrastructure of the State.

17) Tracing and restoring the honor of the Oni of Ife. (Ceremonial King of the State)

18) Valiant effort in recovering the history of the people in the western independent republic.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by BellaRouge(f): 5:34am On May 09, 2006
@ Afeni,

So, if you were to ban the constitution, what set of laws or rules would prevent you from becoming the next Nigerian dictator? By reading your platform, I have to say that your regime sounds more like a dictatorship than anything else. I also detect a hint of communism.

LOL at #11 and #5. Do you really think that is possible to just create a religion? Besides, banning any religion would not only be undemocratic but also unacceptable!

"Imprison and later execute all past heads of States"- Sounds like something that Abacha would do. undecided
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by DaHitler(m): 5:38am On May 09, 2006
BellaRouge, I changed my list to be something that is a little more realistic. Also, as for the killing of all past head of States, that only applied to Military rulers that took power by force. And as long as they can prove that they did not steal public funds, they would not be executed.

In any other country, to take power by force is an act of treason and that is ALWAYS purnishable by death.

Read my list again. Thanks.

Edit: Btw, yes, it is very possible to make religions. Ofcourse, if you are infected by the madness, you might not realize it.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by BellaRouge(f): 1:13am On May 10, 2006
"Violent crimes like Armed robbery, rape, and unjustified destruction of property should be purnished by Death (after you get to place your argument in court)"

Statistics show that the death penalty does not deter crime. Besides, killing someone for whatever reason is murder and murder is never justified. The "an eye for an eye" mentality solves nothing.

PS: Why would you want to impose the Yoruba language on all Nigerian citizens?
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by DaHitler(m): 6:17am On May 10, 2006
Last time I checked, you cant commit violent crimes when you are dead,

Yoruba would only be thouht in the western zone.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by BellaRouge(f): 1:25am On May 11, 2006
You can't commit violent crimes when you are locked up in prison either! What makes the death penalty a better option than putting a criminal in jail?
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by DaHitler(m): 4:17am On May 11, 2006
It is cheaper. Why should the national resources be wasted on violent degenerates?
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by LadyB(f): 5:26am On May 11, 2006
why not.if god will have it that way. then yes. but i wouldn't out of my own self get my head into nigeria politics.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by Seun(m): 5:32am On May 11, 2006
The reason why I don't support execution of all convicted felons is because there are times when the wrong person is convicted. After the advent of DNA technology, many convicted 'murderers' were realeased after DNA tests proved them innocent. If they had been executed, they wouldn't have had that belated opportunity for freedom.

Prisons can be set up in such that the convicted felons will be given the opportunity to work and contribute to the society beyond what it costs to house them securely. So imprisonment can be less costly than execution.
Re: Would You Run For Nigerian Presidency? by DaHitler(m): 6:18am On May 11, 2006
Great point, Nwoke. However, I feel it is more humane to put someone to death than to keep them locked up against there will.

As far as im concerned, I would rather have death than serve a sentence of 1 yr+.

(1) (Reply)

SERIOUS! SSS Director General Predicts Nigeria Implosion For 2011 / Pastor Tunde Bakare Eyes Presidency! / Fighting Reps (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.