Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Heartwarming Message By A Revert - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Heartwarming Message By A Revert (752 Views)

Mashaallah... People Revert To Islam After Watching #mecca_live On Snapchat / 500 Revert To Islam Because Of The Simplicity Of The Saudi King's Funeral. / Strange! Revert Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heartwarming Message By A Revert by tbaba1234: 12:52am On Apr 15, 2012
Brother Joseph (Last name withheld by me) is an American Brother who converted to Islam recently. We sometimes forget how much of a blessing Islam really is until we come across stories like this.

"I'm a convert to Islam. After reading the Qur'an, I saw how everything in it made sense, and I acquired a correct perspective on the world, and on history. It gives me an indescribable joy to feel part of the Ummah, and to know that the Ummah is more important than a country with its artificial borders. I also feel more heartsick and ashamed at what my native country (the US) has done in the world --and I'm even more heartsick at what the Zionists have done in Palestine. However, I feel now more than ever the fact that this world is temporary, and with regards to Palestine, Allah subhanu wa ta'la is in charge, and everything will come out as He wills (this fact gives me comfort.) I feel such indescribable joy and peace after having said the Shahada, alhamdullilah.

I feel joy at the fact that Allah will forgive my past ignorance, and will be understanding of such things as not being able to prostrate myself during Salaat (at least not now), due to health reasons. I understand fully the evil of the Jews (at least some of them), but I feel comforted that they cannot hurt Allah but only their own souls. I respect the Christians (I was one --I even went to a seminary to be a priest in the Orthodox Church), but I feel aghast at the lies that they believe in, and at all the unnecessary things in Christianity, such as the rituals and incense and music and icons (I started to feel this way even before I decided to the true Deen.) Thank you, dear brothers and sisters, for reading all this, especially as I live far from a masjid, and don't get to talk to Muslims much."

MashAllah.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

They(west) Said- We Civilized Africa. How True? / Sheikh Muhammad Ayyoob Passes Away-rahimahullaah. / Please Help!!! I Am A New Convert Of Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.