Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders (1602 Views)

Rivers Killings: We’ll Not Forgive Nor Forget, Says Buhari / PDP To Challenge Buhari’s ‎victory At Tribunal / PDP To Challenge Presidential Result In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Beaf: 1:05am On Apr 15, 2012
[size=14pt]We’ll not allow government to challenge our faith –Christian leaders[/size]
From Our reporter
Sunday, April 15, 2012

Christian leaders in Osun State have cautioned the government against setting the state on fire over wearing of hijab in public schools and changing of names of public schools bearing Christian names.

A Pentecostal group, Gospel Pushers Association, in a statement issued
in Osogbo on Saturday said signals emanating from activities of the governor concerning Christianity were not palatable to the ears of Christians in the state. They also warned the governor to avoid actions that will portray him as being overtly or covertly supporting any militant religious sect. The statement signed by the group’s chairman, who is also the immediate past secretary of the state’s chapter of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Rev. Theophilus Ayodeji, reads:

“Our attention has been drawn to reports of attempts by the government of Osun State to change uniforms of public primary and secondary schools and rename public schools bearing Christian names. We want to say that no Christian in Osun State is comfortable with attempts to change names of Christian schools and introduction of “Unchristian single uniform for all schools in the state.”

The group specifically cautioned Aregbesola to resist any temptation to change the name of one of the oldest schools on the state capital. “Specifically, we want to mention Salvation Army Primary School, Alekuwodo, Osogbo, which the government of Mr. Rauf Aregbesola is determined to give a new name, just as a new uniform would be introduced by the end of this month to replace the ones that have marked out these schools for over five decades. Our position is very clear. We are not against the government renovating schools, but that should not be a reason to change the names of these schools, many of which are older than the present political office holders. Every school in Osun State has its history and uniforms. We will not allow any government to challenge our faith as children of God.

“Osun is a secular state renowned for peaceful co existence. The first governor of the state, Alhaji Isiaka Adeleke, and the second governor, Chief Bisi Akande, are Muslims, who were overwhelmingly voted for by Christians, who did not mind their religion, just as Akande’s successor, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, was overwhelmingly elected by Christians and Muslims, even when he and his running mate are Christians. These past governors protected the secularity of our state, which unfortunately, is being threatened by the present governor.

“We hereby call for restraints on the part of the government. We advise that the governor should tread softly over the introduction of hijab in public schools and should not be seen overtly or covertly supporting any militant religious sect.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/apr/15/national-15-04-2012-014.html
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Beaf: 1:06am On Apr 15, 2012
[size=14pt]...For Koruji and Gbawe. With love from ya broda, Beaf.[/size] grin
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by jmaine: 1:19am On Apr 15, 2012
Too interesting to be ignored this time around coming from a non political body . . .subsequent proof is required to justify this sudden barrage of accusations on the personality of Gov Aregbesola . . .
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 15, 2012
ogbeni - carry go - nothing do you

these pdp twats are wetting their pants in fear - see the timeline f desperate lies they put out cancer, slap, secession, cuban army, extremism.

wetin we no go hear - abeg carry go jare!!

pdp stands for failure. the barrage of bizarre stories only highlights their increasing desperation

tune in next week for more tales from the pdp mouthpieces
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Nobody: 1:41am On Apr 15, 2012
Sunnewsonline. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I would rather get my news from Ikebe Super.
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by lexus1: 1:59am On Apr 15, 2012
I pray
God is omnipotent
[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Kilode1: 2:05am On Apr 15, 2012
Lol @ Gospel Pushers Association
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by koruji(m): 2:55am On Apr 15, 2012
PDP has "christians" too. Didn't GEJ just say that God put him there. Which God he was talking about I don't know. Certainly not the one I know, because he would not support the snuffing 19 innocent lives on the altar of incompetence.

jmaine: Too interesting to be ignored this time around coming from a non political body . . .subsequent proof is required to justify this sudden barrage of accusations on the personality of Gov Aregbesola . . .

Beaf: [size=14pt]...For Koruji and Gbawe. With love from ya broda, Beaf.[/size] grin
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Rad1cal: 3:03am On Apr 15, 2012
koruji: PDP has "christians" too. Didn't GEJ just say that God put him there. Which God he was talking about I don't know. Certainly not the one I know, because he would not support the snuffing 19 innocent lives on the altar of incompetence.

mumu, why not tell us that the PDP are solely christians. cool
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Johndoe100(m): 3:29am On Apr 15, 2012
koruji: PDP has "christians" too. Didn't GEJ just say that God put him there. Which God he was talking about I don't know. Certainly not the one I know, because he would not support the snuffing 19 innocent lives on the altar of incompetence.

I never really realised just how sick you were. Those born again christians are all pdp agents ok! They have been secretly groomed from birth to be used against the acn. Ki dem pdp guys are sneaky are they not?
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by koruji(m): 5:00am On Apr 15, 2012
Your mama and papa are sick. As Yorubas will say "Ti omo ba gbogbon k'iku, iya a gbogbon sisin" - you will soon dribble yourselves (you and the 10 other UIDs for Beaf) into the deep paths of hell.

If they heard rumours, the responsible thing to do is to immediately send a delegation to the governor (he will welcome them), lay their concerns out, and seek to know if any of it is true. If his responses are not satisfactory then they go to the press.

To hear of rumours and come out with statements that rely on the need for those rumours to be true is what informs the discerning mind that this particular, never heard of group, is a creation of PDP and its agents of doom. Reputable pastors have been in contact with the governor and I am sure they would not issue such a "call to war" statement without seeking explanations first.

The governor, himself an upstanding person, has taken the bull by the horn and sent messages to the President. He has also a public broadcast with an emphatic denial of these laughable JSS1 rumours.

May those trying to destroy peace in Osun have their peace broken into atoms.

Johndoe100:
I never really realised just how sick you were. Those born again christians are all pdp agents ok! They have been secretly groomed from birth to be used against the acn. Ki dem pdp guys are sneaky are they not?
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by nanos: 5:40am On Apr 15, 2012
Aigbofa: Sunnewsonline. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I would rather get my news from Ikebe Super.

Okay this is from Tribune, the Yoruba mouthpiece. Useless people, now they have religious crises at hand

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/news/6995-religious-extremism-pdp-christian-leaders-warn-aregbesola-i-have-told-presidency-of-plans-to-implicate-me-aregbesola
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 15, 2012
Fine, but why the allegations from PDP? Pst. Adeboye is an Ijeshaman just like Ogbeni, even Pst. Ashimolowo, what are they saying? who is this Rev. Theophilus?
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by PointB: 8:06am On Apr 15, 2012
So now it's Christians versus Muslims in Osun state, no thanks to the rascally governor!

anyway, "when the wood-insect gathers sticks, on it's head it carries them." Osun state is sliding into religious crisis folks from ACN are playing the ostrich. Claiming that the GEJ is after Aregbe. Whatever for! Like I noted in another of this kind of thread - Osun State will be the first beneficiary of this crisis! The sooner ACN call Aregbesola to order the better for us all!
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by olawalebabs(m): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2012
Why always insinuating. Some posters on this thread need to visit "Yaba Left". Aregbe, carry go joor
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Mynd44: 11:25am On Apr 15, 2012
Critics are always appreciated in every facet of life but the PDP is not criticising. They are just showing themselves as a bunch of unintelligent folks.
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Gbawe: 11:37am On Apr 15, 2012
Mynd_44: Critics are always appreciated in every facet of life but the PDP is not criticising. They are just showing themselves as a bunch of unintelligent folks.

Absolutely - and likewise for their sycophants in cyberspace. The average Yoruba home is living testimony to religious tolerance and harmony. That will not change because some jobless rebrobates wish to insinuate otherwise.

Do we all not remember the phase, on NL, when all talk was about the ACN producing only Moslem Governors? We all know the region of origin of those most vociferous during that period and taking Panadol for a non-existent Yoruba problem.

Fellows, check out two of the typical post I refer to. One, from 11 months ago, titled "Bola Tinubu Is A Religious Bigot" and the other states "Lagos State Governorship: 2015 Christian Agenda"

https://www.nairaland.com/656034/bola-tinubu-religious-bigot

https://www.nairaland.com/817329/lagos-state-governorship-2015-christian/1
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Beaf: 11:53am On Apr 15, 2012
I like the way embattled Christians have now become "PDP" in the eyes of desperate defenders of lunacy. There is a problem in secessionist Aregbesola, the biggest mistake ever on the political terrain; that is what you guys should be dealing, not emitting gas about how Christians are PDP people.

Anyway, koruji is known to be unstable (see how he insulted Jondoe100's parents).
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
Beaf: [size=14pt]...For Koruji and Gbawe. With love from ya broda, Beaf.[/size] grin
cheesy grin
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Standing5(m): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
S9 Na you be that . . . Lol!!!
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by eye4eye: 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerlan: cheesy grin
Beaf, how market? What is the point for bringing back this thread? Let it sleep in its grave.

You f.uccking religious bigot. Is that how you intend to win hearts and minds of Nigerians. It won't work in SW. I don't know about ibo land.
Re: Osun - We’ll Not Allow Government To Challenge Our Faith –christian Leaders by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
Standing5: S9 Na you be that . . . Lol!!!
No!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

How IBB, OBJ, And Abacha Shared Our Oil Fields / Breaking News: / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.