Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

I Was Not The Best Candidate For The Job In 2011 - Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Not The Best Candidate For The Job In 2011 - Goodluck Jonathan (644 Views)

APC Conducts Mock Election To Pick Candidate For House Of Reps Speakership / Nominate Your Preferred Candidate For 2015 Presidential Election . / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Was Not The Best Candidate For The Job In 2011 - Goodluck Jonathan by Kilode1: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2012
I Was Not The Best Candidate For The Job In 2011
Sani Tukur

President Goodluck Jonathan said on Saturday in Abuja that himself, the Vice President, and all state governors were not the best candidates during the 2011 general election.

The president claimed that God selected them as leaders  even when they were not the best materials available. 

“By God's grace, this government will not fail. I know Nigeria will change, I always make my supplications to God that in selecting me as the President of this country, the Vice President, the Governors, members of the National Assembly, the Ministers, we are not the best material, but God knows why he choose us and we pray he should use us to change this country,”. He said. 

The president was speaking at the Second Presidential National Prayer Breakfast held at the Banquet Hall of the State House, Abuja. 

Mr. Jonathan said he is fully aware of the enormous responsibilities placed on his shoulders especially at a time the country is facing serious security challenges.  He however said that he relies on God to see him through. 

“I am aware that the task of national transformation is a daunting one, I am however more aware that there is nothing that God cannot do. With Him on our side I am confident every stumbling block on our way shall become a stepping stone into national rebirth. I assure you that I will strive at all times for the greatest good of the greatest number guided always by the fear of God,” the president said. 

Mr. Jonathan said only the fear of God and rededication to the realisation of the ‘grand vision of one big strong multi ethnic, multi cultural, diverse but united nation’ could see the nation's leaders through the challenges posed at these times. 

“With unwavering faith in God and renewed recommitment to the national cause by us all, I am confident that Nigeria will emerge from these trying times a stronger, more united, more stable and more prosperous nation,” he added. 

The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Ayo Oritsejafor, delivered the sermon, titled “The Power of the Alter”. 

The occasion was attended by the former Head of state, Yakubu Gowon; Head of the Interim  National Government, Ernest Shonekan; the Vice President of Kenya, Kalonzo Musyoka; the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha; and Governors Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Jonah Jang of Plateau, Peter Obi of Anambra and Adams Oshiomhole of Edo. 

Also in attendance were some ministers and other presidential aides.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/4651-was-not-the-best-candidate-2011-says-Jonathan.html
Re: I Was Not The Best Candidate For The Job In 2011 - Goodluck Jonathan by Geniro: 9:14am On Apr 15, 2012
Kilode?!:

I Was Not The Best Candidate For The Job In 2011
Sani Tukur

President Goodluck Jonathan said on Saturday in Abuja that [size=16pt]himself, the Vice President, and all state governorswere not the best candidates during the 2011 general election.[/size]

was only trying to sound humble in his speech nothing more smiley
Re: I Was Not The Best Candidate For The Job In 2011 - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2012
This guy suffers from diarrhoea of the mouth. Dysentery of the brain. Na this person I voted for?
GEJ,why don't you just hire a speechwriter. God knows,you can pay.
Re: I Was Not The Best Candidate For The Job In 2011 - Goodluck Jonathan by mukina2: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2012

(1)

Fashola Donates Patrol Boats To Navy / Gov TA Orji Urges Journalists To Report Events Objectively / Godswill Akpabio Exposed! Watch How He Paid INEC Officials To Help Him Rig The 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.