Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> (45712 Views)

Poll: Do you agree with him?

Yes : 39% (58 votes)
No: 55% (82 votes)
Undecided: 5% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by rastamouse: 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2012
Afam you are one of the ones I really respect on this forum. You are great but please stop dragging this because it is obvious that you are confused.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Afam4eva(m): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
rastamouse: Afam you are one of the ones I really respect on this forum. You are great but please stop dragging this because it is obvious that you are confused.

What has Jesus drinking from the wine got to do with what wesley asked you? While would Jesus turn water to wine if it was a sin to drink wine.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Goshen360(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ wesley80,

I will like to ask you few questions, if you don't mind. Your answer will enable me to decide whether to drop this discussion or not. Let me know if you are willing to answer these questions. Thank you.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
Matt. 11
For John came neither eating nor drinking and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her children.
rastamouse:

Did JESUS drink some of the wine?

Like I said, Pastor AIO was and still is very right in his assertion.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by kay9(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
Mmm, never knew Pastor Wheres-d-money... emm, sorry - Oyakhilome was this intelligent and annointed. I may just have to convert to Christ Embassy afterall. grin
**where's my benson sef?**
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by wesley80(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
Goshen360: @ wesley80,

I will like to ask you few questions, if you don't mind. Your answer will enable me to decide whether to drop this discussion or not. Let me know if you are willing to answer these questions. Thank you.

Shoot. I'm ready.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Goshen360(m): 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2012
^
1. Are you are born again Christian?
2. Do you think all sins are recorded in the bible, as in the bible being specific about all sins under heaven?
3. If you are born again believer, can you do a business that involves say like, burial ground, selling casket, producing alcohol and/or cigarette?

Answers to these questions, then i will decide to either drop this discussion as you suggested or continue and show you some things from the word of God.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by wesley80(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
Goshen360: ^
1. Are you are born again Christian?
2. Do you think all sins are recorded in the bible, as in the bible being specific about all sins under heaven?
3. If you are born again believer, can you do a business that involves say like, burial ground, selling casket, producing alcohol and/or cigarette?

Answers to these questions, then i will decide to either drop this discussion as you suggested or continue and show you some things from the word of God.
1) I am a Born again Christian
2) No, I do not think the Bible mentions all sins
3) As an individual, none of those line of businesses interest me and I won't be going into any of them in the foreseeable future but as a Christian, I do not believe there's anything wrong in going into any of those businesses just like I wouldn't condemn a pharmacist for stocking condoms.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Clem45(m): 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
Drink as a substance is not a sin but been drunk as an act is a sin.Just as food as a substance is not a sin but gluttoning as an act is a sin.I tink is a question of understanding.Noah was a righteous man in his generation nd was saved frm d flood but subsequently got drunk nd was mock by his son Ham.Its not substance dat will determine where we're going to but character.Jesus was never drunk nd d so called wine may not be alcoholic except when fermented.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Okijajuju1(m): 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2012
Not a christian but a Bible scholar and I absolutely agree with Pastor Chris on this one.

The laws on smoking, drinking and other such are human not biblical.

Jesus turned water to wine, Pauls letter to timothy says a little wine for your stomach sake. . Several instances in the bible supports alcohol and admonishes against getting drunk so whats the point.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Seun(m): 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
What's the source of this incoherent quote??
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by shaye007(m): 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
By their fruits u shall know them.... 1st it was masturbation, now its cigarette & beer. Let's watch season three of this madness. Maybe season three will be about lesbianism since it wasn't expressly mentioned in the bible, it note most of the members are already on jerry. Don't blame him he's just fulfilling the scripture "on the last day some many people will come in my name, performing wonders and d likes"
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by KINGwax(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
Image123:
How about someone coming to murder you, despoil your whole clan and plunder your goods screaming ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL UNTO ME?
my friend, as much as i don't support him being a pastor and saying these things, it actually is the truth. Excessive drinkin is a sin because it brings u under the control of flesh and smokin too. Was paul not advised to take little wine cos of his ailment? But smoking, well, that wasn't even in existence those time but God has clearly made provision that nothing flesh shldnt control us as that is idolatory. And most smokers and drinkers are addicted, hence, the sin
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by awilologomba(f): 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
I smoke and drink,I'm very happy doing it,so I don't need any pastor to tell me what is right or wrong @all please do what suits you,I don't want to support or disagree any point made by pastors,all I know for sure is christians in nigeria are corrupt.if they don't drink and smoke they are doing something else.if anyone is 100 percent pure,thank God for ur life because heaven awaits you.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Turbocharged: 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
I wonder if some people's Bible contain some passages like Duet. 14:26. which reads "And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,"
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
very soon, pple will be msturbating in church toilets, smoking while preaching, serving beer during church services... wow.. wonderfull...
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
Pastor Chris again.

Each time this man speaks, he is one step ahead of all you Pharisees. "Eating fast-foods causes obesity and many health problems so it becomes a sin to enter KFC". Abi? Even Jesus turned water into wine and before you people scream heresy. Yes! he did. Why did they ask why the good wine was brought out after every body was drunk grin.

"The governor of the feast called the bridegroom,and saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk cheesy, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now."

Shebi na juice dem dey taste to know whether e good or not!

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Goshen360(m): 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ wesley80,

Okay. You are good on all the three questions. On the third question also, just like you, I will not also "condemn" even an Atheist for not believing in God simple because, an Atheist can change tomorrow. So also, I wont condemn a pharmacist for stocking condoms but it still doesn't mean I will support and Atheist or the pharmacist that stocked such condoms. When we, believers who are called by the name of the Lord begin to do somethings like the worldly people and there is no difference, we've got problem somewhere my brother.

I don't know if it's you or someone else talking about Paul writing to Timothy about taking little wine for his stomach and Jesus turning water to wine. I just pray people will not just hide behind some kind of bible verses to justify some fleshy things. I am not going into that here as am not in the mood for much talk today.

Pastor Chris should know more than what he says in the open. Everybody listening to Chris are not on same level of faith. Some people will abuse what he says and keep living in sin and because Chris had been idolized, they won't see anything wrong in what they are doing even when someone else is telling then the truth. I won't say more than this for now as i don't intend going into much talking today. I will rest this talk for now.

God bless you bro.

4 Likes

Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
"Eating fast-foods causes obesity and many health problems so it becomes a sin to enter KFC"
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by james1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
Pastor chris is trying not to offend some of his members,this is bad on his path;he owns a duty to God to tell his members what God demands of them.
A lot of people are looking up to him and they are just waiting for a prompting like this to indulge.if it goes on like this,it won't take long before some members start smoking and drinking outside his church.
The bible expressly states that"our body is the temple of the holy spirit"
You don't pollute God's temple,do you?
Even if people had to indulge,it should not be in the house of God and they must sn't get that advise from the house of God.
Pastor chris should be extremely carefull with his speeches.he has been involved in too many controversies lately.
God help us.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Afam4eva(m): 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
Turbocharged: I wonder if some people's Bible contain some passages like Duet. 14:26. which reads "And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,"

What are you doing in the old testament. I though we're living by grace now. If we follow that passage, then it means eating ram and drinking the same wine that Jesus turned water into is a sin.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Goshen360(m): 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
[size=15pt]@ Those saying Jesus turned water into wine and Paul told Timothy to drink a little,[/size]

Can I ask you guys in the above mentioned category just TWO questions please?
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by ProPastorChris(m): 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ original OP

your post is ambiguous.

please kindly state your source cos there are many "gbeboruns" all around especially as it concerns Pastor Chris.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by luluosas(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
This pastor is leading his generation astray. I just pray that God help him.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by wesley80(m): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
Goshen360: @ wesley80,

Okay. You are good on all the three questions. On the third question also, just like you, I will not also "condemn" even an Atheist for not believing in God simple because, an Atheist can change tomorrow. So also, I wont condemn a pharmacist for stocking condoms but it still doesn't mean I will support and Atheist or the pharmacist that stocked such condoms. When we, believers who are called by the name of the Lord begin to do somethings like the worldly people and there is no difference, we've got problem somewhere my brother.

I don't know if it's you or someone else talking about Paul writing to Timothy about taking little wine for his stomach and Jesus turning water to wine. I just pray people will not just hide behind some kind of bible verses to justify some fleshy things. I am not going into that here as am not in the mood for much talk today.

Pastor Chris should know more than what he says in the open. Everybody listening to Chris are not on same level of faith. Some people will abuse what he says and keep living in sin and because Chris had been idolized, they won't see anything wrong in what they are doing even when someone else is telling then the truth. I won't say more than this for now as i don't intend going into much talking today. I will rest this talk for now.

God bless you bro.

I think its unfair to blame peoples naivety on Past Chris. What he owes his congregation and his listeners is The Truth and that's what he's been preaching. When people choose to twist his words and quote him out of context to ridicule his ministry its their problem not his. I watched the Q&A session where he made his now famous statement about maesturbatn and sitting there listening, only a demon would have construed his words to be an endorsement of maesturbatn but days later what was the story all over the net? The truth has got to be said and I assure you there are few folks more conscious of their vicarious responsibilities as Christians than the MOG. And yes, God Bless u too.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Okijajuju1(m): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
Goshen360: [size=15pt]@ Those saying Jesus turned water into wine and Paul told Timothy to drink a little,[/size]

Can I ask you guys in the above mentioned category just TWO questions please?

Fire !!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Nelton(m): 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
In this particular argument I'm in support of the pastor. There's absolutely nothing wrong in drinking alcohol...the only thing is don't get drunk. If there was something wrong with alcohol Jesus would not have turned water to wine and his mother would not have asked him to do it knowing that to drink alcohol was a sin...so I see no reason why pipo are arguing this. The few places that alcohol was mentioned in the bible it was never said to be a sin. Infact in proverb 31: V4-7, it was stated clearly that kings and princes shld not drink alcohol least they pervert the law but that strong wine shld be given to the sick ones and the bitter at heart. In otherwords it is wrong to get drunk with alcohol just like its a sin to over feed urself. As for cigarette, it was never mentioned in the bible. So pipo shld stop attacking those who work in breweries or sell alcohol or drink it as been unchristian...because its not a sin...its only whem its taken in excess leading to drunkeness that it becomes a sin just like anytin done in excess
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by rastamouse: 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva:

What has Jesus drinking from the wine got to do with what wesley asked you? While would Jesus turn water to wine if it was a sin to drink wine.

Afam just drop it and know that you are out of this topic. In any case, we should never even pretend that we know all about the Bible. Will you want to go into that feast at Cana? Why will JESUS address HIS mother as "woman"? Why will JESUS say that it was not HIS time? If that was the first miracle of JESUS CHRIST, how did Mary know that HE could do something about the wine?

Be careful when you read the Bible because it is a sharp two-edged sword that can harm you if handled in the wrong way. Just drop out of this conversation and admit that Pastor Chris got it wrong this time around. He is a great Bible teacher but he goofed real big this time around.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Okijajuju1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
rastamouse:

Afam just drop it and know that you are out of this topic. In any case, we should never even pretend that we know all about the Bible. Will you want to go into that feast at Cana? Why will JESUS address HIS mother as "woman"? Why will JESUS say that it was not HIS time? If that was the first miracle of JESUS CHRIST, how did Mary know that HE could do something about the wine?

Be careful when you read the Bible because it is a sharp two-edged sword that can harm you if handled in the wrong way. Just drop out of this conversation and admit that Pastor Chris got it wrong this time around. He is a great Bible teacher but he goofed real big this time around.

WTF are you going on about biko?! I am lost!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by achi4u(m): 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
hahahagrin,i can't even stay without taking chilled HARP especially when they doing PROMO.

make una remember STAR MEGA JAMZZgrin grin
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Afam4eva(m): 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

WTF are you going on about biko?! I am lost!

No be only you oo.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> by Okijajuju1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
Fact: Jesus Christ never sinned, never:

"For we have not an High Priest [see also High Priest to King of The World] which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15 KJV)

Fact: The first recorded miracle of Jesus Christ was changing water into wine, for people to drink:

"And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth His glory; and His disciples believed on Him" (John 2:10-11 KJV)

Fact: Jesus Christ drank wine, not only at the Passover observance every year (and, as He said, will do again in the future after His return), but at other times as well, as stated in the Scriptures:

"And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is My blood of the New Testament [see also Covenant and Testament], which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's Kingdom" (Matthew 26:27-29 KJV) [see also "Thy Kingdom Come" - When?]
"The Son of man is come eating and drinking" (Luke 7:34 KJV)

Question: Jesus Christ never sinned, but moderately drank wine, even miraculously produced wine for others to consume on one occasion. How then can drinking alcohol be a sin?

Halleluyah!!

Pastor Alusi Okija!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Calls Off Wedding After Bride-To-Be Told Him That Her Fiancé Fingered Her / Satanic Temple Set For Largest Gathering In History / If You Fall Under Anointing And Break Anything Here, You'll Pay. Pastor Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.