Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,439 members, 7,861,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Yar'adua For Second Term? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua For Second Term? (996 Views)

I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Adeboye Rejects Osinbajo, Endorses Jonathan For A Second Term / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua For Second Term? by Chiori(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2007
Is President Yar'adua interested in a second term? And assuming he is, should he continue, or should he hand over to someone else?

Personally I think he is doing fine, at least. But what will ever dog his tenure is the legitimacy of the elections that saw him come to power. Thus, it would be best for him not to run again, and allow a fresh person, irrespective of the party or zone he/she is coming from, provided he/she won the elections, to handle the reins of this country. That is the only way he can redeem his impeccable image.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by JeopardE(m): 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2007
Actually, at the rate at which he is going, I'm hoping he goes for a second term. Because if he does, we will probably have the largest election turnout since 1992 and he will win in a landslide.

Seriously -- who knew we could find leaders like this in Nigeria? The man revoked his own personal land allocation in Asokoro. Unprecedented stuff.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by vigasimple(m): 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2007
We should wait and see what he has deliver.

In my own opinion the guy has been the President for 6 months or thereabout, he is nice, coolheaded gentleman and seems transparent.

However, apart from mentioning his 7 point agenda and 2020 vision he has yet to do anything substantial nor can I personally see his vision.

Until he set out his vision clearly and the time frame at which he is going to achieve them and finaly for us to see at least succesful completion of any of his programme I will say it will be too early for anybody to judge him on merits and therefore 2nd term should be off the table.

He needs to prove that his 'selection' or election is justified. 2nd term is to be looked at towards the end of the first term
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by Chiori(m): 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2009
No more no more no more. Let him just stop at 2011.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by blacksta(m): 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2009
Please dont curse me.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2009
I think he should stick to his own principle of not renewing people's term which he has made public

The Nation does not want to renew his term, he is a waist of space
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by Bialegend(m): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2009
JeopardE:

Actually, at the rate at which he is going, I'm hoping he goes for a second term. Because if he does, we will probably have the largest election turnout since 1992 and he will win in a landslide.

Seriously -- who knew we could find leaders like this in Nigeria? The man revoked his own personal land allocation in Asokoro. Unprecedented stuff.

Moronism at the highest order. Some people don't just get it until it spews on their face. On the other thread, one of you porous heads was even proposing for Sanusi, the new CBN governor to take over from yaradunce because of his smart apearance on photo. That's why Igbos will continue greeting you visionless people "good morning"
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by strangleyo: 2:05am On Jun 04, 2009
He is not terrible, at least he's not a completely hot-headed buffoon, it could be far worse. While has been president (basically Jan 2009+) he has been pretty 'ok'.

Fashola could make a decent president, but I hope he remains Lagos state gov for another 4 to 2015.

Is Yar'Adua even interested in a second term? He spends too much time in hospital.

Yar still has 2 years left, plenty of time to prove he is a capable individual.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by biina: 6:00am On Jun 04, 2009
ROTFLMFAO!
This thread his hilarious grin
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by IFELEKE(m): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2009
We all can use the comedy inherent in the thread grin
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by Abz: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2009
Please excuse my ignorance and indulge me; Can someone truly enlighten me on what the president has truly achieved since taking office, I hear more of how things are difficult back home, but complaining has become part of our genes right from time, saying, the President might actually be doing something right, any suggestion pls
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by walata44(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2009
We should wait and see what he has deliver.

In my own opinion the guy has been the President for 6 months or thereabout, he is nice, coolheaded gentleman and seems transparent.

However, apart from mentioning his 7 point agenda and 2020 vision he has yet to do anything substantial nor can I personally see his vision.

Until he set out his vision clearly and the time frame at which he is going to achieve them and finaly for us to see at least succesful completion of any of his programme I will say it will be too early for anybody to judge him on merits and therefore 2nd term should be off the table.

He needs to prove that his 'selection' or election is justified. 2nd term is to be looked at towards the end of the first term

Haba moderator! pls get people out of their misery, you can just state that this post is almost 2 years old.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by Abz: 11:15am On Jun 04, 2009
walata44, are you saying he should or shouldn't i.e go for the second term, I'm interested
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by vigasimple(m): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2009
See my entry at No.2 that I wrote in November 2007, over 18 months ago.

Looking back now, it is not a question of a stupid question then, but more so now.

In my own candid and frank opinion, YAR A'DO NOTHING has achieved nothing, he is the leader of a do nothing party. 7 POINTLESS AGENDA AND VISIONLESS 2020. Now we are on to rebranding and repackaging until will get to DIVERSION 2011 for another dubious election in 2011

To be frank with Nigerians, the office of the President is beyond
YAR A'CLUELESS. He can read from what he is been told, can analyse the issues but NO ACTION. Think about 1 major road that goes from West to East (the business route), they have not built another one when it is very much needed nor have they repair it properly, they are now building 10 lanes in ABUJA.

I said it November 2007 that it is too soon to judge whether or not
YAR A'DULL can be considered for second term, firstly he did not win an election but selection for the first term neither has he achieve anything in those 2 years, he is still studying his files.

If you ask me to grade YAR A'VISIONLESS,  I will say  GROSS INCOMPETENCE.

The guy is not fit for the office  either through reason of health, mental, physical, honesty and leadership ability. The guy gave his first press briefing nearly 2 yeras into office, and have psycophant in almost every ministry.

A BIG NO TO SECOND TERM.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by philip0906(m): 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2009
Abegi make una vote d man for 2011 jare!d man dey try no b small!my uncle just finish him house come buy NISSAN MURANO ontop.this na money wey him make 4rm d importation of GENERATORs grin.so hin dey try no b small.moreso hin say make we get patience till 2020 when NAiJA go better well well.Abi una no fit endure 4 "JUST"11 years? grin
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by walata44(m): 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2009
walata44, are you saying he should or shouldn't i.e go for the second term, I'm interested

Why should he go for second term? what has he done for the 2 years he's being in office? I am only trying to make people know that the post was 2yrs old.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by Fhemmmy: 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2009
Yar 'Adua has no vission for the nation, he has done nothing and achieved nothing since being in office.
However, the only thing constant is changes, so if he can change and deliver on his platform while running for office, good, else, i think he shd even resign now.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by Chiori(m): 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2010
Yar'Adua has achieved a lot in the health sector, exposing to the world that there really are no facilities for quality health care in the country. Maybe we should just give him second chance so he can just keep on bringing up more inadequacies of the Nigerian state.
Re: Yar'adua For Second Term? by Sunofgod(m): 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2010
Moderators - Will you hurry up and shift this thread to the jokes section.

Thanks in advance,

(1) (Reply)

Waec Releases Results, 83% Of Candidates Fail / Need For Pedestrian Bridge At Mowe/ibafo Along Lagos - Ibadan Expressway / The Scourge Of Human Trafficking .,,,,,,chinedu Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.