Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing (11814 Views)

Arase, Kanu Nwankwo, John Fashanu & Others At A Police Event In Abuja.Photos / Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by mukina2: 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2012
"Fashanu also says that during this time that Ibori was building stadiums many great footballers came out of delta state includin J J Okocha"

"Ibori built a shooting range of an international standard on what was scrub land. Before this shooting had never been introduced to Nigeria -John Fashanu"
https://twitter.com/#!/SaharaReporters/status/192213635811119104

"John Fashanu takes to the stand on Ibori's behalf.Says Ibori built 12 stadia in Delta State
Thousands of Militants have benefitted from the stadiums he built"

Earlier today, veteran sportsman John Fashanu appeared in court to testify as a witness in defence of former Delta state governor, James Ibori.

He stated that the now convicted politician had built 9 mini-stadia, 3 olympic sized stadia, as well as a shooting range in Nigeria.

He has since been the subject of much criticism over his statements, particularly on twitter, as can be seen in the hastag #Fashanuforgotthis and the sarcastic tweets which follow.

Footage has now emerged of him speaking to reporters outside the courtroom, and defending his statements.

“I don’t know about any other thing, I understand the charges, I understand what’s gone on, but one thing he has done is revolutionised sport in Delta state,” he said.

“Yes, I am not denying that. I know that” he retorted, when a reporter mentioned that James Ibori had been found guilty of fraud. “But I am talking as a sportsman, and about my relationship with James Ibori.

“As a person, I found James Ibori as a very humble person. A very giving person.”

He went on to stress that the former governor revolutionised sports in Delta states, and helped “so many youth”.
Source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0RYB3Iwee8&feature=player_embedded
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2012
How is this relevant to his looting of public funds?
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by NEDUIFYY78: 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
Both John and Ibori should be jailed

4 Likes

Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by wowo2: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
To think he thinks Ibori cares about him.
He probably thinks he will get some money off Ibori.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by cap28: 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2012
Imagine havng a knwn criminal as a xter witness - iboris goose is definetly cooked now
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
God bless you Fashanu. Tell them all that Ibori is a good man and he is innocent.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Zobaen: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
Who ask john wheather ibori build stadium or nt?
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by damola1: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
^^^^ how can he be innocent when he pleaded guilty....

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
lol! Fash fash...na u biko! Shooting range!!! Lwkm! In my opinion, Ibori stepped on Very Important Toes, datz why he is suffering. Afterall, he isn't the only one guilty of the said crimes. There are others guilty of worse crimes, but they chose their words & actions carefully.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
fluid26: lol! Fash fash...na u biko! Shooting range!!! Lwkm! In my opinion, Ibori stepped on Very Important Toes, datz why he is suffering. Afterall, he isn't the only one guilty of the said crimes. There are others guilty of worse crimes, but they chose their words & actions carefully.
Couldn't have said it better.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Afam4eva(m): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
mukina2: "Fashanu also says that during this time that Ibori was building stadiums many great footballers came out of delta state includin J J Okocha"

I don't get this statement. is he saying that Ibori was instrumental to the emergence of Okocha? Okocha grew up in Enugu and not Delta state. is he also saying that Iboti's tenure started from the 80s?

The only thing i can agree with is that Ibori built world-class stadiums in all the senatorial zones of Delta state that they even hosted the women African nations cup. Ibori really did well sport-wise.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
damola1: ^^^^ how can he be innocent when he pleaded guilty....
He probably was high on taba when he pleaded guilty
fluid26: lol! Fash fash...na u biko! Shooting range!!! Lwkm! In my opinion, Ibori stepped on Very Important Toes, datz why he is suffering. Afterall, he isn't the only one guilty of the said crimes. There are others guilty of worse crimes, but they chose their words & actions carefully.
Hope you are clear now?
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Afam4eva(m): 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2012

Yeah, he is where he is because he stepped on bigger toes just like Bode George, Gbenga Daniel and Alams. But that does not mean they're not all thiefs.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by b0dnel: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
[img][/img]

Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Elpeeus: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
Him build stadium!the money na him own?wetin concern fash 4 dis case?i no blame am,him no de stay 4 niaja tay grin
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by babaowo: 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
yorke: God bless you Fashanu. Tell them all that Ibori is a good man and he is innocent.
.. Yes he is family of innocent nzeribe.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by logica(m): 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
LMAO. For the mere fact that Fashanu is generally disliked in the UK, to then have him as a character witness says a lot.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
same fashanu that turned his back on Nigeria comes out to defend a man who looted Nigerian funds
any link?
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by iluvnaija: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
If Fashanu can do this, who is the saint that can lead us out of this doom we are in? Do you see what corruption has done? Fashanu telling the world that Okocha benefited from Ibori as governor.

Only Buhari can fix corruption in this country, I dont think there's any other trustworthy person we know. He has done it in the past, he can do it again.

Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Detongue: 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
Thank u John. D good Ibori did in delta, mostly 4 his ppl cannot b quantified in words. I pity him because his own ppl ( Urhobo) are his greatest enemies. Dey sold him out. Very ungrateful ppl. D chief devil died yestesday (okumagba) i hope he learnth his lesson 4rm dis
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Lamasta(m): 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
Oga Fash self don collect money no be in fault if Ibori enter jail in go follow am go bear witness inside kpanti. Stadium kor Toilet ni. How many match Nigeria national team play for Delta during the Thief governor Ibori tenure? Oga Fash you yourself thon play for the kwashiokor pitch? Na wa for fashanu o. I dey laugh oooooooo
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Ninilowo(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
Fashanu is an unatrotic bharsthard. he refused to pplay for Nigeria when needed and opted to play for ENGLAND. So what do we expect from such nonentity? HE ought to bbe jailed alongside Ibori.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Okijajuju1(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
Hahahahahahahahaaa!!

John the brother of the late f'aggot Justin Fashanu. . . I dey laugh!!

Abeg make Nigeria embassy make sure say them no give that guy Visa come back area again o!!
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by cecegorz(m): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
mukina2: "Fashanu also says that [size=14pt]during this time that Ibori was building stadiums[/size] [size=14pt]many great footballers came out of delta state includin J J Okocha"[/size]

Wait wait wait!
You mean Fash said this?
Probably Ibori was also the one that Paddled the canoe for Mungo Park down the Niger river!

EFCC The crown court should better bring in Fash for questioning, he must have received some of the loot.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by emsquare(m): 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
NEDU-IFYY78:
Both John and Ibori should be jailed

LOL!
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Demainman1: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2012
[size=18pt]13 years for the thief![/size]
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Challas(m): 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
James and John.,what a combination.am sure his account has been credited.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by oiseworld: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
iluvnaija: If Fashanu can do this, who is the saint that can lead us out of this doom we are in? Do you see what corruption has done? Fashanu telling the world that Okocha benefited from Ibori as governor.

Only Buhari can fix corruption in this country, I dont think there's any other trustworthy person we know. He has done it in the past, he can do it again.

get that bigot general out of here. If nigerians want a free and fair election they should stop encouraging tired legs that cry endlessly at the sense of defeat.

@op, fashanu or not the thieef coughed out his billions and would be spending 13 years behind bars.
A victory against corruption.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by alaoeri: 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
What did Ʊ expect from fashanu a scammer that lobby with oceanic bank τ̲̅ȍ swindle innocent nigerians in †ђξ name °ƒ football talent hunt.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Myself2(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
[/quote][quote author=alaoeri]What did Ʊ expect from fashanu a scammer that lobby with oceanic bank τ̲̅ȍ swindle innocent nigerians in †ђξ name °ƒ football talent hunt.

GBAM

That's why he implied that Ibori discovered Jay jay.Recall that when Fashanu(as criminal as ever) refused to remit the 23 million naira that Aliko Dangote contributed to the Oceanic football challenge,the talent hunt programme was promptly scrapped and Fahanu kicked out,the programme was rebranded and JayJay became the new face,that's where tha Jay Jay beef is coming from
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Shinor(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
I am surprised that a lot of you do not know that John Fashanu lives in Lagos. He operates his dodgy businesses from Lagos as he is an untouchable inn Nigeria. As soon as Fashanu moved to Lagos, in less than 1 year, he was "friends" with the likes of Dangote. Mike Adenuga and all the governors. You guys underestimate this dude. the guy is a 419 perfected. Not surprising. He is always doing character reference for people who are about to be jailed.
He was character reference for one Pastor DOUGLAS GOODMAN during the Pastor's trial. Now it's Ibori.
I bow for Fash. For a guy who wasn't born in Nigeria to demonstrate the level of street wisdom that Fash has is scary. Fash drives around Lagos at night without driver or security - No be ordinary eye. If they dig deeper, Fash built one of those stadia and pocketed a huge sum.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by niddamugu(m): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
How relevant is Fashanu in Nigeria? When it mattered most he denied his country. I guess he wants a share of the "Ibori-loot".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway / The Potentials Of Yorubaland / Bribe Audio, A Satanic Collabo Between Adeyemi, Sahara Reporters - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.