Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains (8700 Views)

Bukola Saraki Confirms That He Now Has Ministerial List / 10 Influential Party Chieftains Who Can Help Rally PDP Into A Viable Opposition / El-Rufai, Buhari & Other APC Chieftains Laughing (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by emekson(m): 6:53pm On Apr 17, 2012
yawning now, what was the sumary pls already asleep
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by hercules07: 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2012
@All

All of the governors have underperformed, but for some to come on here and say that the ACN government has not done anything in Lagos is just hilarious. I find it strange that because of ethnic bigotry, people can not give kudos when they should and it is this same set of people that are praising GEJ and his goons.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Orebukola(m): 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
I had known dat d so called ACN is a party on a foundation of decit,neva trust them as true children of Baba Awolowm.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Beaf: 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
This thing is going to mushroom into something really big. It will consume a lot of people.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by hercules07: 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf: This thing is going to mushroom into something really big. It will consume a lot of people.

Na lie, nothing dey shele, the lawsuit will die a natural death, how did the Oyinlola guy come to be in possession of someone's call logs?
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by gregg2: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
Big shame on Salami
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by abes(m): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
Tribune and their half stories. When exactly did MTN made the confirmation? who did MTN confirm to? who represented MTN in the confirmation (someone must have represented MTN)? is it a press release? can we get a copy or a link to the press release? Tribune should do more to get some of us convinced.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by killuminati(m): 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2012
hercules07:

If you read the post well, the guy said they used Lagos to deceive people to vote for them in the SW meaning that Lagos had something on ground, the guy now killed himself by saying that Lagos was a former capital, but for those who have lived in Lagos all of their lives, they know how Lagos was left when IBB moved to Abuja and what we have on ground now.
Guy, I feel you die! I was born in Lagos raised in Lagos, Obalende very close to the state house when Lagos was still a capital. You need to see the streets back then every thing is superb. But it's all fuked up now! Abegie!
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by dmainboss: 7:20am On Apr 18, 2012
abes: Tribune and their half stories. When exactly did MTN made the confirmation? who did MTN confirm to? who represented MTN in the confirmation (someone must have represented MTN)? is it a press release? can we get a copy or a link to the press release? Tribune should do more to get some of us convinced.

Cant you see that was a court proceeding? Do you need someone to explain that to you? Please try go back to school.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by abes(m): 7:39am On Apr 18, 2012
dmainboss:

Cant you see that was a court proceeding? Do you need someone to explain that to you? Please try go back to school.

From the article, can you tell me the date of the court proceeding? Who represented MTN? The judge name? All I can read from the article is the usual blah blah blah, I expect more from our reporters.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by revolt(m): 7:39am On Apr 18, 2012
[quote author=nanos]

What did he deal with? You mean oil money did not develop Lagos? Pray, tell, what money was used to develop Lagos between 1970 and now? Oil money, and so are other states in Nigeria. However, Lagos got a headstart than other states because more oil money was pumped in, being the former capital. All these denials will not take you guys anywhere.[/quote u no knw say na cocoa money build third mainland carter ikorodu apapa oshodi maryland ipaja ojoelegba and countless infrastructures situated in lagos? Lmao
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by bakila: 8:02am On Apr 18, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: grin grin grin grin it is just hilarious when we come up here to defend the indefensible grin We hold strongly to party allegiance than Nationalistic Ideals. The real losers are the voters not ACN or PDP or GEJ or Tinubu. It is you and I sitting out here defending rabid rats in the political system that will lose in the end. What have our leaders ACN/PDP/APGA/CPC etc done the past 13 years since Democracy? the results are plain for all to see.it has gone from Bad to Worse - yes the economy fared better during the Gulagish days of Abacha. shocked we now scramble over reforms and probes like the cake is enough for everyone to eat. it is not! that is why 2015 will herald much bleaker days ahead.

It is realy unfortunate, that we the people argue like those paid to defend people in Govt. Even those so paid have come to test life when they leave office.

We suffer neglect from govt but end up fighting overselves instead of the glorified crooks.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Demdem(m): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2012
abes: Tribune and their half stories. When exactly did MTN made the confirmation? who did MTN confirm to? who represented MTN in the confirmation (someone must have represented MTN)? is it a press release? can we get a copy or a link to the press release? Tribune should do more to get some of us convinced.

honestly, since yesterday when the news broke out, have been looking for another source for this story. So far have not seen, though still searching. How come a sensational story like this is carried only by Tribune (HID = OGD = PDP Paper)?

abes:

From the article, can you tell me the date of the court proceeding? Who represented MTN? The judge name? All I can read from the article is the usual blah blah blah, I expect more from our reporters.

Until i read this from another source, will keep my comments for now
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Afam4eva(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2012
Demdem:

honestly, since yesterday when the news broke out, have been looking for another source for this story. So far have not seen, though still searching. How come a sensational story like this is carried only by Tribune (HID = OGD = PDP Paper)?

Until i read this from another source, will keep my comments for now

www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5465.html
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Demdem(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2012
afam4eva:

www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5465.html

Thanks Afam

The Society for Rule of Law in Nigeria (SRLN) has called on the National Security Adviser (NSA) to order a probe into the role played by telecommunication giant, MTN, in the National Judicial Council (NJC) probe of the alleged telephone interaction between the suspended former President Court of Appeal (PCA), Justice Isa Ayo Salami and chieftains of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) between September and December, 2010.

The group said the telecoms company's refusal to make available all the Call Detail Records (CDR), even when Airtel, Globacom and Etisalat had made available all theirs was deliberately done to stall the investigation and save Justice Salami from indictment.

SRLN said in a statement issued today by its coordinator, Comrade Chima Ubeku, that MTN must be made to tell Nigerians and indeed the entire world "what would happen if a coup plot is detected in Nigeria and call records of those suspected to be involved are needed to aide investigation?"

The group said even though the probe has been concluded, it was necessary for the MTN to answer questions as to why it could not provide September, October and November, 2010 call logs as requested by the NSA and other security agencies, when other service providers provided theirs, among other posers.

Ubeku said; "In the interest of Nigeria and its people, MTN must explain why it claimed that it could only store call records for 90 days as against the standard telecoms industry practice, which indicates that post-paid subscriber call data records can be generated for as much longer cycle.

"Questions must also be asked as to why Airtel, Globacom and Etisalat were able to store their own call records for more than 90 days and made the logs available to security agencies as demanded.

"Also, MTN must tell Nigerians why it ignored an official invitation by the NJC probe panel to appear before it, but surfaced to testify at Salami's instance.

"Most importantly, why was a telephone number registered in the name of Mr Tunde Folawiyo, one of its directors said to belong to Lagos State Governor and another one registered in the name of Gbadegesin Ademola being used by Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu? Was Tunde Folawiyo governor of Lagos State at any time?

"And finally, would MTN have also acted the same way it acted on the Salami issue if matter bordering on national security is being investigated?

"Could MTN have done all these in a country like South Africa?

"All these are questions MTN must answer and it is imperative that the NSA order a probe into this matter, most especially now that the security of Nigeria is being threatened
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Demdem(m): 8:44am On Apr 18, 2012
Afam, what u gave was simply a release from probably an NGO (SRLN) which still did not answer the questions posed by abes earlier. how am i sure that SRLN only source of information that led to this release from them isnt still from this same tribune? besides i have credibilty issues against this group. a simple Google of their activities leaves much to be desired

abes:

MTN also isnt helping matters by keeping mute. a press release either to confirm or dismiss this will help matters. Even if they dont reading it from another daily will convince me that there is an iota of truth in this story

The main crux of the matter to me is the below:

Oyinlola and PDP are contending that the call data of the months deliberately left out in what was given to the NSA would have made all the difference in reaching a different conclusion by the NJC panel.[/b]

[b]how certain are they? anyway, if its true that the NSA has the details am sure the PDP NSA will definitely investigate and we all will hear the outcome.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by DGovernor4: 9:50am On Apr 18, 2012
...And what about those states that PDP has been ruling since and Nigeria that PDP has been ruling since. Let's always get our facts right before we post!

GOTO CROSS RIVER STATE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF...STEADY DEVELOPMENT BY PDP SUCCESSIVE GOVT. HAVE YOU HEAD OF DONALD DUKE AND LIYEL IMOKE....THEY ARE PDP PRODUCT....
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by lookmangiw(m): 10:08am On Apr 18, 2012
D_Governor: ...And what about those states that PDP has been ruling since and Nigeria that PDP has been ruling since. Let's always get our facts right before we post!

GOTO CROSS RIVER STATE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF...STEADY DEVELOPMENT BY PDP SUCCESSIVE GOVT. HAVE YOU HEAD OF DONALD DUKE AND LIYEL IMOKE....THEY ARE PDP PRODUCT....
bros, but if all these pdp control states are as developed as you want us to believe, wetin there people kon still dey come find for lagos in large number.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Afam4eva(m): 10:14am On Apr 18, 2012
lookmangiw:
bros, but if all these pdp control states are as developed as you want us to believe, wetin there people kon still dey come find for lagos in large number.

Havn't people always been in lagos like forever? Did people just start moving to Lagos in 1999? Dude, use your brain well abeg.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by edicolove: 10:53am On Apr 18, 2012
afam4eva:

Havn't people always been in lagos like forever? Did people just start moving to Lagos in 1999? Dude, use your brain well abeg.

My brother, don't mind the Olodo.sometimes you wonder if those posting here on NL are not 8 year olds. Maybe the dunce thinks people just started coming to Lagos because they heard in the news that Fashola has turned Lagos to europe. What some of them don't realise is that, some non Yorubas are more of Lagosians than them. Lagos was capital city for decades. Some people from other tribes don't even know their village again. They have houses and estate here. They have been paying their taxes here for like forever. There was a time Ojukwu own like a whole street in Yaba and so many houses in Ikoyi and elsewhere.

Lagos is what it is for 2 simple reasons. 1. It was the capital of Nigeria for decades and 2. It hosts the major seaport in Nigeria. Take away the seaport from Lagos and it will collapse like a pack of cards. Already by taking away the capital city status,much was affected. By now the 4th Mainland bridge would have been built if Lagos was still capital.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Guk: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2012
It is so funny to read another of these comments:

(1)None of us has the call records in hand to do analysis so cool down and let the court decide.

(2)Oyinlola is making noise now because he did not along with his laywer and Osun state election petition judges end up in jail a few years ago when it was obvious to the whole world and on video tape where his lawyer and judges were texting each other in court
Osun Tribunal: Lawyer Secretly Calls/text The Judges More Than Hundred Times! https://www.nairaland.com/150195/osun-tribunal-lawyer-secretly-calls

(3)I dont know Salami and i dont care to know him but both the politicians and judiciary have disappointed nigeria tremendously
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Demdem(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2012
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by seunlayi(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2012
edicolove:

My brother, don't mind the Olodo.sometimes you wonder if those posting here on NL are not 8 year olds. Maybe the dunce thinks people just started coming to Lagos because they heard in the news that Fashola has turned Lagos to europe. What some of them don't realise is that, some non Yorubas are more of Lagosians than them. Lagos was capital city for decades. Some people from other tribes don't even know their village again. They have houses and estate here. They have been paying their taxes here for like forever. There was a time Ojukwu own like a whole street in Yaba and so many houses in Ikoyi and elsewhere.

Lagos is what it is for 2 simple reasons. 1. It was the capital of Nigeria for decades and 2. It hosts the major seaport in Nigeria. Take away the seaport from Lagos and it will collapse like a pack of cards. Already by taking away the capital city status,much was affected. By now the 4th Mainland bridge would have been built if Lagos was still capital.
Good Reasoning. I wonder how some people will just come here and be singing praise of all these thieves we call Governor and forgetting that Lagos has been and will continue to be a place of class (excluding the remotes areas). Not remembering that Lagos was a former Federal Capital.

1 Like

Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Goddex: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2012
[sub]

Plenty Olodos on nairaland.
What's your grouse with Tribune newspaper Mr. Man.
Maybe you've been fed with too much junk from
Tinubu's The Nation Newspaper that you lost objectivity.

Anyway, read it up on guardian if that will make you happy.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83559:-mtn-affirms-call-logs-in-case-between-ex-osun-governor-others&catid=55:compulife&Itemid=391
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by Demdem(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2012
^^^^^

Thanks. more like it.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by abes(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2012
Goddex: [sub]

Plenty Olodos on nairaland.
What's your grouse with Tribune newspaper Mr. Man.
Maybe you've been fed with too much junk from
Tinubu's The Nation Newspaper that you lost objectivity.

Anyway, read it up on guardian if that will make you happy.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83559:-mtn-affirms-call-logs-in-case-between-ex-osun-governor-others&catid=55:compulife&Itemid=391

Mr 'non-olodo', from both articles can you answer my questions?

abes:

Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by OneNaira6: 5:49am On Apr 19, 2012
chucky234:
Guy I have been in Lagos for close to forty good years and I can tell you that ACN government have under performed since 1999 going by what Lagos generate on a daily basis,Fash have ruled fraction of the state since he was voted in. He govern only VI,Ikoyi,Ikeja,Lagos Island,Surulere and Oshodi-Apapa expressway where the rich live leaving the poor in areas like Okoko,Ajegunle,Amukoko,Ajangbadi,Satellite,Ojo,Iba Town,Iyana-Ipaja,Ejigbo e.t.c to their faith and you sit there to praise them.
Go to South Africa,Kenya and Angola to see the level infrastructural development in cities that generates far lower revenue than Lagos state then you will know that ACN has done absolutely nothing since 1999.

I agree with this. I'm sorry but whenever I see Nigerians chest-beating over Lagos I wonder what Nigerians would say if they went to Nairobi, Johannesburg, etc? Nigeria in total, all cities including my own, are pitiful excuse of a city when compared to other African nation. The thing that pain me is that we have more, we generate more money and our federal government a higher allocations to those cities than many African nations yet it is not in par with others. It is painful that we praise them knowing very well they are performing way below our expectation. SMH!! Our leaders realized it does not take much to make Nigerians happy, all they need to do it throw bread crumps here and there and Nigerians jump happily like the Maasai clan. That is why they play nigerians for mumu and getting away with it each year.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by pcicero(m): 6:23am On Apr 19, 2012
The truth is coming out.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by lookmangiw(m): 8:44am On Apr 19, 2012
edicolove:

if i dont respond to your post, it will be a great Bleep up on me. Peopld have been coming to lagos since 1960 but can you compare the rate of then with what we have now. Also ask your sef what are the reasons for rural-urban migration? Since you are boasting about high level development and growth in those states so wetin their people dey find for lagos na. Development in lagos state is not recognised locally alone but also globally. So make you keep ur biased opinion to yourself.
Re: MTN Confirms That Salami Exchanged Suspicious Calls With ACN Chieftains by gregg2: 9:11am On Apr 19, 2012
Is there Public Water Supply in Lagos State?

Atleast, urban water supply is entirely a state government responsibility.
ACN Lagos in particular is in the habit of making Federal government
scapegoat for all infrastructural deficits in Lagos State.

I lived in Calabar for about four years during and after Donald Duke's
administration and never had need to store water. Public taps run 24hrs in
all the nooks and cranies of the city.

I live in Lagos now and buy water every day to bath, cook, wash and drink
and worst still from sources I can’t trust. I have visited friends and relatives
in different parts of Lagos and noticed they face similar plight.

I know how much is deducted from my salary alone as tax to Fashola led government.
For God’s sake propaganda about Fashola performing gives me belly ache when since
1999 we still live like pigs in this dirty Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Won’t Benefit From Code Of Conduct Act Amendment — Senate / N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List / Babatunde Fowler Receives National Peace Awards As Most Organised MDA In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.