Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos (24147 Views)

Nessa Foods - Ofada Rice, Brown Rice And Long Grain Unpolished Rice / Special Brown Rice For Diabetics And Weight Watchers. / Brown Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by JennyAgun(f): 9:41am On Apr 18, 2012
I read about the contribution of White Rice to increase in blood sugar and that Brown Rice is safe if you need to control your blood sugar.

I dont know which one is brown rice (or is it Ofada Rice?).
Where can I get this brown rice to buy in Lagos?
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by MissyB3(f): 10:18am On Apr 18, 2012
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by nutrientrich: 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2012
Brown rice (or "hulled rice"wink or partly milled rice, is a kind of whole, natural grain. It has a mild nutty flavor, is chewier and more nutritious than white rice. The reason brown rice has many more nutrients than regular white rice is due to the fact that brown rice has only the outer layer, called the hull, removed while white rice has been refined for convenience with several layers (including nutrients), removed. Some vitamins and minerals are added back to white rice after refinement, but One mineral not added back into white rice is magnesium; one cup (195 g) of cooked long grain brown rice contains 84 mg of magnesium while one cup of white rice contains 19 mg (The difference is SO CLEAR).

Next time you start feeling sluggish, reach for brown rice as a source of energy. Brown rice has more than 80% of your daily value of manganese, which helps to synthesize fatty acids, keeping your nervous system in working order.

The fiber in brown rice produces the best health benefit of all; fat burning! In addition to requiring more of your body to break it down, the fiber in brown rice helps satisfy your appetite and therefore decreasing your chances of overeating. That is the equation for fat loss; eat less and burn more!

The fiber and selenium found in brown rice can also reduce your risk of many types of cancer, which I’d say is a health benefit we could all use. Finally, oils found in brown rice can help lower cholesterol.

One cup of brown rice has just 2 grams of fat, including omegas-3 and 6 fatty acids. Brown rice also has no cholesterol and just 10mg of sodium so you can be sure you’re getting nothing but nutrients with every spoonful.

Your fat burning will get a boost thanks to the 14% of fiber you’ll get; and you can start to see why people are talking about brown rice nutrition facts!

Brown rice is available in 1,2 and 5kg packs at NUTRIENT RICH Foods and Beverages Located in Lagos and Ibadan. Call:07062160601

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by peaceach: 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hi,

The difference between brown rice and white rice is not just color! A whole grain of rice has several layers. Only the outermost layer, the hull, is removed to produce what we call brown rice. This process is the least damaging to the nutritional value of the rice and avoids the unnecessary loss of nutrients that occurs with further processing. If brown rice is further milled to remove the bran and most of the germ layer, the result is a whiter rice, but also a rice that has lost many more nutrients. At this point, however, the rice is still unpolished, and it takes polishing to produce the white rice we are used to seeing. Polishing removes the aleurone layer of the grain--a layer filled with health-supportive, essential fats. Because these fats, once exposed to air by the refining process, are highly susceptible to oxidation, this layer is removed to extend the shelf life of the product. The resulting white rice is simply a refined starch that is largely bereft of its original nutrients. .

Call Peace on 08103575714 or 08181000221 to place your order for brown rice.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by peaceach: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
@jenny we have distributors around several LGA's in Lagos. give me a call and i will hook you up with one.
08023211582 or 08181000221.
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by ibizgirl(f): 8:21am On Apr 24, 2012
You can get packs of brown rice in Shoprite.
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by JennyAgun(f): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2012
ibizgirl

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2012
yeah, there are packs of brown rice at shoprite, just check their rice section and pls dont confuse brown rice for ofada. they are two seperate varieties of rice
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by peaceach: 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
Information is king.
Ofada is d name of a village in the west.Brown rice is d name of any unprocessed/unpolished rice.
Google to learn more and understand the conversion process of brown rice to white rice. No rice is white from the farm. Mind you if u go to benue,Osun state, ekiti, abakiliki, cross river, ekpoma, you will find various kinds of local unprocessed rice and why is this so? Its because of different soil, climate and specie.
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by Romeo4real(m): 3:56pm On May 07, 2013
Peacach is correct.Ofada rice is indeed a type of Brwon Rice. Brown Rice is "any unprocessed/unpolished rice" with hulls - unmilled or partly milled. This is irrespective of the location it is grown in, or it's genus. Information is indeed king.
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by lekiks: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hiya , i just got a supply from a friend, her's is destoned so i just wash and boil.. her number is 07033446856
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by tpia5: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
ofada, as was pointed out.

the long grain brown rice isnt as tasty.
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by nutrientrich: 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good day to you. Brown rice (not ofada rice) is now available. 900, 1150,1800 and 3000 naira depending on size.

Nutrientrich foods and beverages. 07062160601

Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by nutrientrich: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Brown rice (or "hulled rice" or partly milled rice, is a kind of whole, natural grain. It has a mild nutty flavor, is chewier and more nutritious than white rice. The reason brown rice has many more nutrients than regular white rice is due to the fact that brown rice has only the outer layer, called the hull, removed while white rice has been refined for convenience with several layers (including nutrients), removed. Some vitamins and minerals are added back to white rice after refinement, but One mineral not added back into white rice is magnesium; one cup (195 g) of cooked long grain brown rice contains 84 mg of magnesium while one cup of white rice contains 19 mg (The difference is SO CLEAR).

Next time you start feeling sluggish, reach for brown rice as a source of energy. Brown rice has more than 80% of your daily value of manganese, which helps to synthesize fatty acids, keeping your nervous system in working order.

The fiber in brown rice produces the best health benefit of all; fat burning! In addition to requiring more of your body to break it down, the fiber in brown rice helps satisfy your appetite and therefore decreasing your chances of overeating. That is the equation for fat loss; eat less and burn more!

The fiber and selenium found in brown rice can also reduce your risk of many types of cancer, which I’d say is a health benefit we could all use. Finally, oils found in brown rice can help lower cholesterol.

One cup of brown rice has just 2 grams of fat, including omegas-3 and 6 fatty acids. Brown rice also has no cholesterol and just 10mg of sodium so you can be sure you’re getting nothing but nutrients with every spoonful.

Your fat burning will get a boost thanks to the 14% of fiber you’ll get; and you can start to see why people are talking about brown rice nutrition facts!
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by peaceach: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2013
Dear friends,
We now have in stock special coloured rice for diabetic patients, weight watchers and people who want to eat 100% whole grain rice. This particular specie is different from our usual ofada in terms of colour and taste and it is totally different from our normal rice. It is wholesome n taste like nuts or Oat and it is redlike brown in colour.
Do you have loved ones who are diabetic and in search of whole grain rice? Look no further.
Red rice is similar to brown rice in terms of the milling process, and they also have a nutty taste and provide high nutrition. Re rice may be eaten as regular rice or a medical ingredient as part of dietary treatment for a variety of health conditions such as indigestion, harmful cholesterol, and blood circulation concerns.the diff between brown rice and red rice is the presence of Anthocyanins which are the pigments that give the rice its red color. Anthocyanin is a known antioxidant that is linked to lowering the risk of developing several chronic health conditions. Similar to brown rice, red rice is found to be rich in fiber, iron, zinc, B vitamins and even calcium.

These alternatives to white rice make living a healthy lifestyle a bit easier. While switching from white to colored rice may take some getting used to, the nutritional benefits colored rice brings make the switch worthwhile.
To place ur order for this special specie, regular brown rice, ofada rice and long grain unpolished rice please call 08023211582, 081000221,08103575714.

Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by nutrientrich: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
My phone number is now reachable. People have been complaining of not being able to get through since morning. I had to switch it off to attend to some pressing issues. Thanks for your understanding and patronage. God bless us all
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by pinkydaisy(f): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Hi, ,,,,please, do you still have the red rice available? and how much does the 25kg of brown rice go for? what about delivery? do you do delivery within the lagos axis?
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by peaceach: 7:37am On Aug 01, 2014
You can call Peace on 08181000221 anytime from Aug 9.hopefully i should have received my supply. Thanks
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by peaceach: 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dear friends you can now place order for your brown rice from tomorrow.please send a text to peace 2place your order on 08181000221. Text only pls.thanks.
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by foxyac3(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Go get Hausas' Wanke its everywhere
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Brown rice? Pinshure plssss?
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by peaceach: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Brown Rice and Ofada Rice is now available. Call or text 08181000221 to place your order.
Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by peaceach: 9:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Brown Rice and Ofada Rice is now available. Call or text 08181000221 to place your order.

Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by lekan2014(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2014
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same.
Meanwhile, foodforbreastcancer.com has recommended brown (ofada) rice for breast cancer. While all types of rice (Oryza sativa) are a good source of energy, white rice (polished or milled rice) contains a limited amount of micronutrients. White rice is a dietary source of potassium, magnesium, and calcium, as well as copper, iron, molybdenum, manganese, zinc, geranylgeranoic acid and vitamin B6. The positive health-related benefits of consuming rice are for the most part limited to brown (i.e., unmilled, whole grain) rice, not white rice. Brown rice has been shown to have antioxidant, hypoglycemic, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic and cardioprotective properties. Brown rice contains numerous biologically active substances, including the carotenoids beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, as well as tricin, α-tocopherol, ү-tocotrienol, ү-oryzanol, caffeic acid, ferulic acid, methoxycinnamic acid, phytic acid, and momilactone B. Black, purple and red rice also contain the anthocyanins cyanidin 3-glucoside, peonidin 3-glucoside, malvidin, and cyanidin hexoside, as well as several cyanidin dihexosides. For more details, please visit: http://foodforbreastcancer.com/foods/brown-rice for more details.
Thereafter, you may visit our site and make your order today: www.alausafarms.com Telephone: 08066525181 Email: lekan.alausafarms@yahoo.com

Re: Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos by lapo(m): 5:26am On Jan 12, 2021
If you live in Ibadan, please call this number to buy quality rice for delivery to you in your home at the most affordable price. Available in 5kg, 25kg and 50kg.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What Food Tastes Better The Next Day? / Nigerian Breweries Launches Stella Larger Beer, Many Reconsider Naming Daughters / How Many MUDU Are There In A PAINT Bucket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.