Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,626 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. (13632 Views)

The Animal I Killed Today At My Working-Place In Cross River / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / See What A Man In Aba Made Using "I Pass My Neighbour Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by EzePromoe: 11:17am On Apr 18, 2012
Hello, my fellow Nairalanders,

With the craft-work production by Aba merchants, I'm beginning to sense that invention will soon take place there.

So what do you think?
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by EzePromoe: 9:15am On Apr 19, 2012
D only tin Aba has not manufacture is fake human being. LOL.[b]D only tin Aba has not manufacture is fake human being. LOL.[/b]D only tin Aba has not manufacture is fake human being. LOL.
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by EzePromoe: 9:16am On Apr 19, 2012
D only tin Aba has not manufacture is fake human being. LOL.[b]
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by mrperfect(m): 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2012
Where it takes place doesn't matter let just take place in Africa
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by hunter121: 2:34am On May 05, 2012
I love this thread already.

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Fred527: 3:12pm On May 05, 2012
Busineis the salt of life.
[img]http://www.keyforex.info/iPad.gif[/img]
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Martin55: 2:32pm On May 10, 2012
Where it takes place doesn't matter let just take place in Africa[img]http://www.keyforex.info/cpu.gif[/img]
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by hunter121: 9:37am On May 11, 2012
D only tin Aba has not manufacture is fake human being.

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2012
Yeah....
Aba also manufactures criminals.

1 Like

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by adegbitown: 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2012
Well,i know smth for sure. Igbo/Aba guys are gud in tailoring and shoe making.KUDOS.

1 Like

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Faithnn: 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
Ciminals are not manufactured, they are self made, but goods and services can be manufactured.
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by temizt: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
The Igbo/Aba guys (in my opinion) are only good at imitating and producing low quality stuff. Check out this Aba senseless version of Polo by Ralph

4 Likes

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
Aba can be the industrial hub of africa,bt 4 neglect

1 Like

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by chievo: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2012
......Ezi ..mtcheeeew
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by timmy1999(m): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
temizt: The Igbo/Aba guys (in my opinion) are only good at imitating and producing low quality stuff. Check out this Aba senseless version of Polo by Ralph

Guy u r too funny..so no be man dey ride the horse, na horse dey ride man for their own polo ralph

2 Likes

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by drzed: 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
Nigerians (Aba people inclusive or especially) have made so many inventions already. It is our failure to appreciate home-made stuff that is killing their ingenuity and our collective progress.

Until Nigerians begin to appreciate local productivity and intellectual property, poverty will remain our unofficial watchword. Go to our polytechnics and universities and take a look at various inventions that are rusting away, especially in the Electrical and Mechanical engineering departments.

We would rather go to China and import (after specifically ask the Chinese to make) substandard equipment that we will bring back and sell to our own people. And then we blame our backwardness on the government or on bad leadership.

Our greatest enemy in Nigeria, our greatest obstacle to progress, is in fact, ourselves.

5 Likes

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by ebamma(m): 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2012
na to make pam slippers and to produce fake drugs be invention?
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by dustydee: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
temizt: The Igbo/Aba guys (in my opinion) are only good at imitating and producing low quality stuff. Check out this Aba senseless version of Polo by Ralph
serious? grin
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by 9zeros(m): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2012
first invention? smh. we already invented the 'nigerian money scam'. google dat s#it.

1 Like

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by canuck(m): 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2012
I have never asked this question in my 3 years on NL - So, please oblige me:

What in the world is this shallow thread doing on the Front Page??!

1 Like

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by jude33084(m): 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2012

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2012
ebamma: na to make pam slippers and to produce fake drugs be invention?
Soaps,detergents,household wares,industrials products,building materials,ceramics are all produced there.
The fact is that Aba productions in the early 80's and late 90's has greatly dwindled because of economic factors
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2012

1 Like

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by jude33084(m): 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
canuck: I have never asked this question in my 3 years on NL - So, please oblige me:

grin good qweshion cheesy
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by jude33084(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
greateros:

That imitation is china not aba!

we are not that daft!

Aba people no longer try to imitate know names they are now creating their own unique brands that can beat any foreign designer you know - only Chinese imitate known names!

Start appreciating Naija!

See the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/368090/would-buy-clothes-made-nigeria/1
c

Where is innoson motors pls smiley
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by canuck(m): 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
jude33084:

grin good qweshion cheesy

An Aba invention gone wrong is likely to blame for this thread making it to the Front Page cheesy
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by EPOMA(m): 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
drzed: Nigerians (Aba people inclusive or especially) have made so many inventions already. It is our failure to appreciate home-made stuff that is killing their ingenuity and our collective progress.

Until Nigerians begin to appreciate local productivity and intellectual property, poverty will remain our unofficial watchword. Go to our polytechnics and universities and take a look at various inventions that are rusting away, especially in the Electrical and Mechanical engineering departments.

We would rather go to China and import (after specifically ask the Chinese to make) substandard equipment that we will bring back and sell to our own people. And then we blame our backwardness on the government or on bad leadership.

Our greatest enemy in Nigeria, our greatest obstacle to progress, is in fact, ourselves.

Until we start producing quality product and people will appreciate them
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
Fred527: BUSINEIS the salt of life.
[img]http://www.keyforex.info/iPad.gif[/img]
#GODiswatchingyou grin

1 Like

Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by SisiKill1: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2012
Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda. . .

All The Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas

Layin' In The Sun,

Talkin' 'Bout The Things

They Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda Done...

But All Those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas

All Ran Away And Hid

From One Little Did. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Soocool1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2012
canuck: I have never asked this question in my 3 years on NL - So, please oblige me:

the thread is filled with information that can add value to our everyday life so it has to be on the front page!!
But on a serious note the front page has become a dumping ground for all sort of irrelevant nonsense!
methinks nairaland moderators are growing mushrooms in their brains!!
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Whymee: 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2012
@post
There is a clear difference between INVENTION and COPYING.

the post should have been,

The first copying of product in Nigeria took place in Aba.

Gbam
Re: The First Invention In Nigeria Could Take Place In Aba. by Leorichy: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2012

you also have to wait for three years to get.... "An answer"!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arab Man Spotted Using A "Rugged " Robot As A Bodyguard At A Mall (Photos) / Woman Born Without Arms Is Both A Black Belt And A Licensed Pilot / How Do To Transfer Whatsapp Messages To Gbwhatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.