Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Y Are Nigerian Doctors So Poor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Y Are Nigerian Doctors So Poor (1457 Views)

Why Few People Are So Rich And While Some Are So Poor In Nigeria. / Nigerian Doctors in the USA / Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Y Are Nigerian Doctors So Poor by trendphemmy(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2012
Nairalander doctors, y are we all keeping quiet
wen we spend d most time in school
Read the most books
Undergo d most stress
Save most people lifes
And we are d least paid,someday our pay will be compared to dat of a teacher,wen we are indispensible to the nation. It is time we fight for our right. Imagine someone dat studied economics get his master and earns close to a million in one month. Everything he did is under 6yrs and we stay nothing less dan 7yrs in uni. Is dis just or unjust?
Re: Y Are Nigerian Doctors So Poor by meforkene(m): 7:05am On Apr 19, 2012
Totally see with you..funny thing is that we were all jumping about the CONMESS..which @ the end of d day is crap..doctors on Locum in the UK earn maybe more than our consultants
Re: Y Are Nigerian Doctors So Poor by tanimola22: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
trendphemmy: Nairalander doctors, y are we all keeping quiet
wen we spend d most time in school
Read the most books
Undergo d most stress
Save most people lifes
And we are d least paid,someday our pay will be compared to dat of a teacher,wen we are indispensible to the nation. It is time we fight for our right. Imagine someone dat studied [b]economic[/b]s get his master and earns close to a million in one month. Everything he did is under 6yrs and we stay nothing less dan 7yrs in uni. Is dis just or unjust?

Hi, he/she doesn't just earn close to millions, he/she grossly earns several millions and is also guaranteed of a raise that amounts to millions in the very near future, especially when he/she has some intelligence. Sometimes the person only has an ordinary BA/BSc economics with professional qualifications here and there. Shit!! Owo o mo iwe O, money no give a damn about how much book person sabi o.

I saw this coming, and that was why I did not bother to further press for medicine or law many years ago, even though my family members forced the living day light out of me. But I agree that medical doctors are some of the smartest people on earth. My guys who are now doctors were geniuses/almost geniuses in high school. One I know even came second or third in UME; many others smashed College Board's SAT and made 5/5 GPA at the faculty of science before heading to medical school. Unfortunately many of them have sad stories to tell with regard to salary palaver.

Nonetheless I have a huge regard for doctors and their work. I see most doctors through the lens of many geniuses I know. Doctors save lives but get paid crap in naija. What a country!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Navy (2016) 25AK Aspirants / Choosing Between Power Systems Engr, Electronic Engr And Communications Engr / Active Duty in Military Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.