Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (7008 Views)

Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / Stop Arguing With Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
Dear theists/religions people in the house,please stop arguing with all the atheists on this forum.They are not that intelligent,i've tested them many time before and i realised that all they were doing here to proved their assumption/believes was simply a copy and paste.

They copied texts from various books and journers writtn by Atheist of western origin and pasted it here,claiming they are intelligent people.Please people,stop argued/telln them that God exist,they dont have the knowledge of their own to understand the fact that God actually exist.

I knew all these through their responses to the various questiions being asked by religions people on this forum.For instance,they always throw your questions back to you by their usual copy and paste method rather than answering it in a logical manner.

Therefore,they the bunches of hypocrites,bigotes,moronics and hopeless people on earth.

3 Likes

Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by DeepSight(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Atheism is indeed rather ill considered: not to mention hopelessly unscientific.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2012
Deep Sight: Atheism is indeed rather ill considered: not to mention hopelessly unscientific.

Is atheism supposed to be scientific? What does unbelief in gods and the supernatural have to do with science? Do you need science not to believe in goongonka?

Is belief itself based on science?

1 Like

Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by LogicMind: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
D sage: Dear theists/religions people in the house,please stop arguing with all the atheists on this forum.They are not that intelligent,i've tested them many time before and i realised that all they were doing here to proved their assumption/believes was simply a copy and paste.

They copied texts from various books and journers writtn by Atheist of western origin and pasted it here,claiming they are intelligent people.Please people,stop argued/telln them that God exist,they dont have the knowledge of their own to understand the fact that God actually exist.

I knew all these through their responses to the various questiions being asked by religions people on this forum.For instance,they always throw your questions back to you by their usual copy and paste method rather than answering it in a logical manner.

Therefore,they the bunches of hypocrites,bigotes,moronics and hopeless people on earth.

what would you rather have them do?
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by logicboy: 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
D sage: Dear theists/religions people in the house,please stop arguing with all the atheists on this forum.They are not that intelligent,i've tested them many time before and i realised that all they were doing here to proved their assumption/believes was simply a copy and paste.

Why do you lie? Does your religion teach you to lie?

Show me where I copy and paste in my arguments? Look at my profile and show me. If I use something from a website, I paste the link. However most of my arguments are clearly expressed in my own words. My profile stands as evidence and testament to my argumentative style.

As for atheists being hypocrites, is it not pastors that have gay sex, priests that molest young boys and church members that burn child witches?

Thank you for exposing your hypocritical self!
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by jayriginal: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
Deep Sight: Atheism is indeed rather ill considered: not to mention hopelessly unscientific.

grin Jesus H.

You are too much sha !
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
Logic Mind:

what would you rather have them do?

Want their posts/comments to based on owned knowledge,experience/physical contact with reality or facts,rather than copy and paste.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

Why do you lie? Does your religion teach you to lie?

Show me where I copy and paste in my arguments? Look at my profile and show me. If I use something from a website, I paste the link. However most of my arguments are clearly expressed in my own words. My profile stands as evidence and testament to my argumentative style.

As for atheists being hypocrites, is it not pastors that have gay sex, priests that molest young boys and church members that burn child witches?

Thank you for exposing your hypocritical self!

Why calln me a lier for telln the truth?

Yes,agree with you,some pastors/priests are hypocrites to the core but stop geneneralizing.This thread is not to absurd or make you repent but to warned you against incessant copy and paste you're doing here.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by 2good(m): 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
D sage:

Want their posts/comments to based on owned knowledge,experience/physical contact with reality or facts,rather than copy and paste.
But everything you religious folks spread around and believe in is based on what you were indoctrinated with from birth, so what makes you any better? Also majority of Christians to be specific go to church, do away with all sense of basic reasoning and accept everything fed to them by their pastors hook line and sinker and the result is what you have in Nigeria. People refuse to think and use their brain to solve problems but instead allow others to think for them. The best way to live your life is to stop bothering yourself with what other people believe in and also mind your business by not imposing what you believe on others. I was brought up in a very religious Christian home and my entire family is still extremely religious but that didn't stop me from choosing my own part which of course came with strong criticism and condemnation but I have overtime been able to put every religious bigot around me where they should be why not trying to impose my believe on others. The point is stop pushing your believe down the throat of others and then there wont be need for argument.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by logicboy: 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2012
D sage:

Why calln me a lier for telln the truth?

Yes,agree with you,some pastors/priests are hypocrites to the core but stop geneneralizing.This thread is not to absurd or make you repent but to warned you against incessant copy and paste you're doing here.

My profile is evidence. Show me the cut and paste.

You are a liar.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by thehomer: 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2012
D sage:

Okay.
Lets begin this conversation with this question. Why do you believe in your God?
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2012
2good:
But everything you religious folks spread around and believe in is based on what you were indoctrinated with from birth, so what makes you any better? Also majority of Christians to be specific go to church, do away with all sense basic reasoning and accept everything fed to them by their pastors hook line and sinker and the result is what you have in Nigeria. People refuse to think and use their brain to solve problems but instead allow others to think for them. The best way to live your life is to stop bothering yourself with what other people believe in and also mind your business by not imposing what you believe on others. I was brought up in a very religious Christian home and my entire family is still extremely religious but that didn't stop me from choosing my own part which of course came with strong criticism and condemnation but I have overtime been able to put every religious bigot around me where they should be why not trying to impose my believe on others. The point is stop pushing your believe down the throat of others and then there wont be need for argument.

Actually,your comment makes a lot of sense to me but you made some mistakes by accusing me/every christains of imposing their religion believes on others.Although,some are stupid,but you can hardly see any good christains imposing their believes on others for whatever reason.

You are also right that many christains are so gullible,and as a result,they were taking for granted/fool by some fake or dubious pastors.Those christains were simply afraid of being ponished by God should they disobeyed the so called fake men of God.They fail to realise that pastors are humans like them,and everybody irrespective of status,race etc were givn the same privilege to worship God.Another reason is that,they are too lazy to read and understand their bible.But i thank God i'm not the kind of christains described above.

Lastly,Atheists should stop calling religions people dumb,foolish,gullible,irrational etc for accepting that God exist and created us.And i'll still say it again,many of them are not intelligent,all they do here is copy and paste.Though some dont copy it directly but modified the writers believes by adding up a little rubbish.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 9:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

My profile is evidence. Show me the cut and paste.

You are a liar.

You are not new to me,you dont copy directly but modifying and added some cheap evidence.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 9:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
thehomer:

Okay.
Lets begin this conversation with this question. Why do you believe in your God?

1. i believe in God because whenever i called upon his name,he answered my prayer.

2.I believe in God because,i thought he's the one that reveal it to me in my dream the future events in which i think not about.

3.I believe in God as a result of my inability to understand the soul/spirit.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
D sage:
1. i believe in God because whenever i called upon his name,he answered my prayer.

Any religionist can use this line, does it mean everyone is right? If an answered prayer is evidence of a god, what makes your god special?

D sage:
2.I believe in God because,i thought he's the one that reveal it to me in my dream the future events in which i think not about.

Can you expound on this.

D sage:

What is a soul/spirit?
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by logicboy: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2012
D sage:

There is quite the compelling evidence that prayer is not effective. For you to claim that God answers your prayers shows that you're a liar and a bit delusional.

Even if God answers your prayer, then your God is biased as there are millions suffering that pray everyday, yet nothing happesn. Why should God focus on you?
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by LogicMind: 6:07am On Apr 20, 2012
D sage:

my question was what would you rather have "theists/religions people in the house"[/i]do in stead of [i]"arguing with all the atheists on this forum!
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by bigd4050: 6:20am On Apr 20, 2012
I am a Christian, and I disagree with the OP. There are many good reasons to debate atheists:

1) Witnessing opportunity: it is rare, but if you can actually convince an atheist that they are wrong, you have won someone over to God.

2) Honing your own personal beliefs: Why would you just want a bunch of Christians on here talking about how good God is? If you wanted that, go to church. Debating on forums is an excellent way to see if what you think stacks up against what other people think. If nothing else, it refines you.

3) It actually exposes many Christians: there are many Christians that post on this site that really have no idea what they are talking about. When they get destroyed by the atheists and the Christians for making such illogical and stupid statements, it should open their eyes. I have yet to see that on this site, but I have seen it on others. The two big ones I have seen on this site are Rastamouse and Synthsis. They might throw a good point or two out there, but most of their stuff is just garbage that shouldn't be accepted by atheists or Christians.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 20, 2012
bigd4050:
...it should open their eyes. I have yet to see that on this site, but I have seen it on others. The two big ones I have seen on this site are Rastamouse and Synthsis. They might throw a good point or two out there, but most of their stuff is just garbage that shouldn't be accepted by atheists or Christians.
Lol @ Rastamouse and Synthsis.. Yet to meet synthsis, though.. good points made anyway...
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 7:12am On Apr 20, 2012
Martian:

Any religionist can use this line, does it mean everyone is right? If an answered prayer is evidence of a god, what makes your god special?

Can you expound on this.

What is a soul/spirit?

1.Yes,he's special because no human can answer such prayer.My brother,by calling his name,miracle happen everywhere.

2.dreams that comes to pass.

3.Unseen forces,influence every living creature.It's essential cause of the body,it makes us a human.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 7:58am On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

There is quite the compelling evidence that prayer is not effective. For you to claim that God answers your prayers shows that you're a liar and a bit delusional.

Even if God answers your prayer, then your God is biased as there are millions suffering that pray everyday, yet nothing happesn. Why should God focus on you?

Though,God answered the prayers of those that truly served him but his grace is upon every living creature including you&i.It's true that christains too were suffered in one way or the other.

The reason is that,some christains fail to understand the scripture,God expected us to work in order to live a good life.No amount of prayer can make our life better without work,God hated laziness because he too,worked according to the scripture.So,work and prayers worked together,without taking a steps,prayers might not be answered.

And at time,God punished us in order to know our faith/trust in him,but he eventually makes us happy.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by logicboy: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2012
D sage:

Though,God answered the prayers of those that truly served him but his grace is upon every living creature including you&i.It's true that christains too were suffered in one way or the other.

The reason is that,some christains fail to understand the scripture,God expected us to work in order to live a good life.No amount of prayer can make our life better without work,God hated laziness because he too,worked according to the scripture.So,work and prayers worked together,without taking a steps,prayers might not be answered.

And at time,God punished us in order to know our faith/trust in him,but he eventually makes us happy.

You seem to be backpedaling on your words there!

The people who were praying in chruch before Boko Haram bombed them did not truly serve God?

So, christians that suffer are lazy and do not know how to pray?
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by LogicMind: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2012
D sage:

Like any self respecting master does to his sex slaves.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2012
Logic Mind:

my question was what would you rather have "theists/religions people in the house"[/i]do in stead of [i]"arguing with all the atheists on this forum!

My brother,just to let them know that we theists are not dumb/irrational for accepting God.Many of them are arrogant,claiming they are the most intelligent people on this forum.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by LogicMind: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2012
D sage:

My brother,just to let them know that we theists are not dumb/irrational for accepting God.Many of them are arrogant,claiming they are the most intelligent people on this forum.

you still haven't answered my question. Your original post was addressed to theists/religions people in the house. And my question concerns these theists/religions people in the house. Can you please let us know what you would rather have these "theists/religions people in the house" do in place of engaging atheists in arguments?
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by tbaba1234: 8:37am On Apr 20, 2012
I see no problem in engaging in discussions with atheists. They have no case anyway. I have reservations about when they insult God or a prophet of God. Whenever that happens i just end the conversation. There are a few atheists here that can't have a decent conversation without insulting someone's beliefs, otherwise if you can articulate your points with an atheist, i see no problem.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by logicboy: 8:41am On Apr 20, 2012
tbaba1234: I see no problem in engaging in discussions with atheists. They have no case anyway. I have reservations about when they insult God or a prophet of God. Whenever that happens i just end the conversation. There are a few atheists here that can't have a decent conversation without insulting someone's beliefs, otherwise if you can articulate your points with an atheist, i see no problem.

I have reservations about when they insult God or a prophet of God. Whenever that happens i just end the conversation.

Depends on what you call an insult

I had a discussion with my best friend about whether Mohammed had slaves.

~To some muslims, asking if Mohammed had slaves is an insult punishable by death. To some it is a stupid question. To some it is intiguing when you consider the position of Riyahna and Maria and Zayd
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2012
bigd4050: I am a Christian, and I disagree with the OP. There are many good reasons to debate atheists:

1) Witnessing opportunity: it is rare, but if you can actually convince an atheist that they are wrong, you have won someone over to God.

2) Honing your own personal beliefs: Why would you just want a bunch of Christians on here talking about how good God is? If you wanted that, go to church. Debating on forums is an excellent way to see if what you think stacks up against what other people think. If nothing else, it refines you.

3) It actually exposes many Christians: there are many Christians that post on this site that really have no idea what they are talking about. When they get destroyed by the atheists and the Christians for making such illogical and stupid statements, it should open their eyes. I have yet to see that on this site, but I have seen it on others. The two big ones I have seen on this site are Rastamouse and Synthsis. They might throw a good point or two out there, but most of their stuff is just garbage that shouldn't be accepted by atheists or Christians.

You're either Deist,agnotist or semi atheist,check my posts very well,did i in one way or the other preaching to atheists?what we're discussing here is,atheists and their arrogant nature by claming that religions people are dumb or irrational and thats why they believes in the scripture.Also their usual copy and paste,or what're you trying to defend here.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by tbaba1234: 8:54am On Apr 20, 2012
logicboy:

I have reservations about when they insult God or a prophet of God. Whenever that happens i just end the conversation.

Depends on what you call an insult

An honest discussion with a will to learn from both sides is always welcome; i am sure i can learn a few things from the atheists and clear up more than a few misconceptions....

Asking about the life of the prophet is fine, trying to ridicule him is a different issue.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by LogicMind: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2012
tbaba1234: I see no problem in engaging in discussions with atheists. They have no case anyway. I have reservations about when they insult God or a prophet of God. Whenever that happens i just end the conversation. There are a few atheists here that can't have a decent conversation without insulting someone's beliefs, otherwise if you can articulate your points with an atheist, i see no problem.

let me help you end this one so you can scuttle back like the rat you are back to your allah sanctioned islam for muslims hole. your lying illiterate prophet, piss upon his name was marrying 6 year olds, eyeing 6 months old crawling babies and thinking of what he'd do to them when they grow a bit bigger as that was pleasing to your allah. your useless allah piss also unto his name that told you all to blow yourselfs up in order to propagate his words about how wonderful it is to marry 4 wifes on earth and continuously ffuck 72 other different virgins in paradise can go double ffuck himself.

there you have it. oya carry your mat go and don't forget your plastic kettle.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 9:23am On Apr 20, 2012
Logic Mind:

you still haven't answered my question. Your original post was addressed to theists/religions people in the house. And my question concerns these theists/religions people in the house. Can you please let us know what you would rather have these "theists/religions people in the house" do in place of engaging atheists in arguments?

1.They should stop calling us fools for accepting scripture/God.

2.They should accept that religions people are also intelligent people.Stop using "Bill Gate" etc to prove us wrong because we also have many christains/muslims billioners all the world.

3.They should stop mocking our God.

4.They should criticized/argued on the basis of their personal knowledge/experience.

5.Stop copy and paste.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by DeepSight(m): 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
Martian:

Is atheism supposed to be scientific? What does unbelief in gods and the supernatural have to do with science? Do you need science not to believe in goongonka?

Is belief itself based on science?

Atheism is unscientific because science itself is an inquiry into causality. Any notion therefore, that suggests or presupposes an uncaused material universe must naturally be considered unscientific.

And in this: I speak of a primordial causative element of whatever description or remit.

The laws of motion, cause and effect, mathematics, genetics, biology and a host of other scientific disciplines render it indubitable: that a primordial intelligence necessarily exists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. / 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins / Should A Good Christian Drink Alcohol?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.