Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,637 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

My Dad Asked Me To Leave Because I Want To Be Successful - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Asked Me To Leave Because I Want To Be Successful (2886 Views)

My Wife Misbehaves Because I Cheated On Her. / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / See What My Dad Found In His Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Asked Me To Leave Because I Want To Be Successful by moremi2008(m): 12:57am On May 05, 2012
Oluwa4sure: Guy, like seriously you don't need this. Age has got absolutely nothing to do with a man's ambition or whatever!!!
Please just let it go! I see no reason why you should be throwing insults @ this guy for chryst sake!!!

I agree with some of your points though, after your first message, I didn't bother reading the other.
Again, it is not a must that you must be a BSC holder to achieve what you want in this life.
Once you can read, write and speak good English, you are half way already!!!! Take it easy man, and let the guy be.

Having a BSC is okay and very good. But does not guarantee you anything. It only increase your chances of becoming successful.
And we humans are not and will never be equal. Like my homeboy will say: " NOT TO HIM THAT LABOUR, BUT TO HIM THAT THE GOOD LORD SHOWETH MERCY!!!!"

going to the university to earn urself a BSC is a necessity, but don't tell me it is the only way up! Some end up studing one or two trade(s) after
their SS3. Others don't even finish primary school. Talk of some of our Igbo brothers that are into buying and selling. Some are can't even spell their
names. Yet, they are making million daily!!!

How can you critique an argument that you didn't bother to read? What does this say about you? The crux of my issue with this guy is not really the fact that he isn't a university graduate (and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with his age). Not everybody gets the privilege of a university education and there are very many successful people out there with little formal education. I think you may be mistaking my responses to some other posters with my responses to the OP. You would know this if you had actually READ the thread before commenting.

My biggest issue with him is that he has spent 4yrs since graduating secondary school at home, eating his father's food and living rent free; and then comes here in anger when his father finally draws the line by threatening to kick him out. He not only comes here to complain, he implicitly accuses his father of being against his "success", an accusation that is not only grave but also very daft. It doesn't help his case that his alternative to going to school is a relatively poor one; he isn't trying to learn a trade or make a honest living. Instead, he is infatuated with a "media career" that is little more than a scam and then has the audacity to peddle a "website" on here that's only a collection of incoherent, semi-deranged declarations that have zero basis in reality. I just lost my temper with his foolishness; that man needed a good doze of undiluted truth. I am not afraid to hurt his tender feelings and I hope he is a stronger and better man for it. grin
Re: My Dad Asked Me To Leave Because I Want To Be Successful by Vansnickers: 2:46am On May 05, 2012
@Moremi2008:
Dude chill out!!!!

@op

Try and make your Pops understand that your Dream is to go into Media. Do you have any "sensible" relatives that can talk to your Dad on your behalf?
Re: My Dad Asked Me To Leave Because I Want To Be Successful by Nobody: 4:51am On May 05, 2012
I seriously doubt i this posters encouraging the OP to proceed in his grandeur delusion live in Nigeria. This has got nothing to do about the american dream .It is nigeria where you have to both exhibit a rare combination of tenancity and dexterity even with requisite qualification's . Now, you want a young man to launch out with absolutely no switch over plan or landing pad right? How many of you encouraging him on here don't have a degree even if you are not earning with your degree the fact remains that it has set you up on the pedestal to launch out on. Even naeto c kema chikwe's son is back to school after making so much money in this same media industry. You guy's should stop pushing this dude to his depression he is way too young for that.
Re: My Dad Asked Me To Leave Because I Want To Be Successful by damas11111(m): 7:28pm On May 07, 2012
@OP, I checked out your site and saw a young man too much in a hurry with life! Boy, you need to be very careful here! Fine, you've got a dream/vision but it may die if you don't go about it in a well-planned manner. Don't be disillusioned! Do your father's wish and pursue proper path. My 50 Cent.
Re: My Dad Asked Me To Leave Because I Want To Be Successful by no1madman(m): 9:43am On May 08, 2012
Make him dumb!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Photos. Parenting Is Never Easy. / Is Your Birthday The Day You Were Really Born ? It Usually Is Not / My 20-year-old Niece Chose To Sleep In My Room With Me, Is That Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.