Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Who Is A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Nigerian? (5996 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Nigerian? by Havilah93(m): 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
who is a Nigerian?.
Different people have different definitions of a Nigerian, from good to bad. So, in your own word, describe a Nigerian
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
A Nigerian to me is anyone, who believes in the Nigeria project - regardless of where they were born, or raised...Nigeria has to be born inside of you, for you to be a Nigerian..

A Nigerian to me is someone, who feels the pain of other Nigerians.

A Nigerian to me is someone who puts Nigeria first, before their selfish interest...

I believe I'm Mr. Nigeria - I wear my Nigerian-ness with a chip on my shoulder, and I'm proud of my country - despite its imperfections... I know the number of people I've had altercation with, for disrespecting Nigeria. I remember I had to get involved in different fights during my uni days, with loads of yardies - who take pride in beating up older fresh Nigerian guys, and saying disgusting things about Africa. I just couldn't let them disrespect them like that.

I'm passionate about my country, and I love Nigeria to death.

I'm Nigeria, and Nigeria is me.. cool

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by ektbear: 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2012
Err.

Is this a trick question?

Citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, basically.

Does it require much more depth than this?
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by Havilah93(m): 10:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex: A Nigerian to me is anyone, who believes in the Nigeria project - regardless of where they were born, or raised...Nigeria has to be born inside of you, for you to be a Nigerian..

A Nigerian to me is someone, who feels the pain of other Nigerians.

A Nigerian to me is someone who puts Nigeria first, before their selfish interest...

I believe I'm Mr. Nigeria - I wear my Nigerian-ness with a chip on my shoulder, and I'm proud of my country - despite its imperfections... I know the number of people I've had altercation with, for disrespecting Nigeria. I remember I had to get involved in different fights during my uni days, with loads of yardies - who take pride in beating up older fresh Nigerian guys, and saying disgusting things about Africa. I just couldn't let them disrespect them like that.

I'm passionate about my country, and I love Nigeria to death.

I'm Nigeria, and Nigeria is me.. cool
well said. Nothing more to say
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by ektbear: 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
Too much sentiment and drama associated with something that is a technical definition.

You can hate the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and still be a Nigerian.

You can love it, but if you don't hold a passport of the country you aren't Nigerian.

No reason to mix emotion in this..
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by bittyend(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2012
ekt_bear: Too much sentiment and drama associated with something that is a technical definition.

You can hate the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and still be a Nigerian.

You can love it, but if you don't hold a passport of the country you aren't Nigerian.

No reason to mix emotion in this..

You're on your own!
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by ektbear: 10:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
Doesn't matter...I'd rather be right and alone rather than wrong and with millions who agree with me

(1) (Reply)

Before You Vote Against GEJ In 2015, Please Answer These 15 Questions. / The President Lives In Aso Rock, How About The Vice? / Here Is How Deziani Madueke's Son Spend's Nigeria's $$$ - Cramjones (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.