Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

My Pre-eclampsia Story. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Pre-eclampsia Story. (21068 Views)

Pregnancy - Pre-eclampsia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Sammiejo: 9:15am On Apr 24, 2012
Tears in my eyes. SO sorry. God will surely give you double. HOpe your wife is Okay
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by freeloki(f): 9:20am On Apr 24, 2012
hmmmm
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by mashnino(m): 9:32am On Apr 24, 2012
i am so sorry..

you are really a great man...MAY GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY..
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by PeeBee: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2012
Really sorry about your loss and thanks for sharing your story, we can all learn from that. I'm glad your wife is well and wish both of you the best.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by alowobaba(m): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2012
[b][/b]
@op I knw dat no amount of masgs on comments can repair d loss bt just for u to knw dat I share in ur grief , thanks for d awareness it really help...
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by mirob(f): 9:46am On Apr 24, 2012
Wow, now I'm officially scared of pregnancy, Afdma, God is in control, your wife will surely carry her baby in this life, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2012
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by ogb5(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2012
On the birth of my 1st baby, my wife had pre-eclamsia, she convulsed severely. luckily it was already 38 weeks and the baby was induced. It was a scary period. The baby had low birth weight but it all turned out well. I research the situation then and found out it only happens with the 1st pregnancy for a partner. We have had other children ever since without any other problem.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by kemiola89(f): 10:05am On Apr 24, 2012
hmm, so sorry for the loss. Like someone said you are the true definition of a real man for being ur wife's shadow thru the thick and tough times of pregnancy.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by oyinsola(f): 10:12am On Apr 24, 2012
So sorry 4 ur loss, d Lord will 4ever give u̶̲̥̅̊ nd ur wife every reason to smile nd rejoice. Ur story is really an eye opener.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by buchai: 10:22am On Apr 24, 2012
@afmdman, i share in ur grief am rili sorry abt d loss but the one dat wil put smiles on our faces wil come IJN Amen. I must commend u 4 ben strong all thru God Has register ur case n His now ready 2 gv u another one dat wipe away wrong in ur Family IJN Amen.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Ariyke: 10:33am On Apr 24, 2012
realy touched by ur story bt i believe God will provide u wit another one dat will stay wif u without giving u problem n i must commend u 4 been there 4 ur wifey, she's indeed lucky 2 av a hubby like u so sorry 4 ur loss
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by AngelEbi(f): 10:34am On Apr 24, 2012
@poster, i am very sorry for ur loss
i ave always looked forward to having babies bt dis story scared d shit out of me.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by demmykay: 10:36am On Apr 24, 2012
@ adfman so sorry abt your loss, i can imagine how u feel. I lost a preg at 9wks after being treated for malaria. I still feel bitter abt it till dis moment. I believe God will surely replace all our loss and we shall nt experience such again IJN. Keep being strong for wifey
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by rule(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2012
@Adfman,so sorry for your loss. You guys went through a lot of trial,but be strong better days are coming.peace
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by recruitmnt: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2012
I cried last night after I read your post. Still teary this morning.
Only a person who has/is going to something similar can understand the
gravity of what you're going through.

The Lord will strengthen you IJN
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by PurerareGold: 10:55am On Apr 24, 2012
You are a strong man.God bless you aπϑ yours. Don't get scared †☺ try again. I'll advise early antenatal this time aπϑ preferably in a teaching hospital.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by imurboss: 10:57am On Apr 24, 2012
so so sorry about ur loss afdman,such will never happen again in ur family and God will replenish u and ur wife IJN.God is ur strength,it is well.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by torrents(f): 11:12am On Apr 24, 2012
@Poster...i'm so sorry for the loss. God will give you and ur wifey the child that will stay with you.

i am so grateful to God that despite what i passed through, i still have my baby with me. i also suffered from pre-enclampsia when i was preggy and it started really early. Atless than 4months my legs where really swollen and painful and so many symptoms were prevalent but i didnt understand cos whenever i go for check up my docter will always say the baby is fine and u too despite all my complains.
it was my aunt that saw me and told me that all was not well(she runs a big hospital). so she placed me on several tests that revealled that my urine tested +++ for both protein and carbohydrate and i also had a very high bp and was seriously bloating.i was immediately placed on strict diet and bedrest for weeks and a lot of medications.

i almost lost my baby twice. the first was barely 23 weeks when i had contractions for 3 days non stop. and the other one was at 33 weeks when the baby stopped kicking and after several tests was adviced to be sectioned on the same day or i'll lose my life and that of the baby if i try to wait.

all i can say today is thank you Jesus cos my hubby,aunt,family and my church members were there for me.

3 Likes

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by olamide123: 11:14am On Apr 24, 2012
OP, I'm really sorry abt your loss. It is well
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Lexoria: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2012
@Poster: Wow, you and wifey are among the strongest and bravest in the world.My only pain is the fact that a situation like this could have ended well if it was abroad on a 90% chance.I'm a living testimony cos I would av been dead if I had my 1st child in Nigeria.
I was just shedding tears reading ur story cos I was relieving mine but it is well.You both conquered, a lot of couples couldn't .Your baby is coming!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Titto(f): 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
@Adfman, May the almighty God comfort and see you and wifey through these trying times in Jesus name.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Insightful: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2012
Accept my sympathy on the loss. May God comfort you and give you children that will stay. In all thank God that your wife is alive. A lot of people never lived to tell the story. I went through something similar but the PIH(pregnancy induced hypertension) started developing in the 3rd trimester. I was placed on bed rest and from there i was induced into labour, it was not an easy experience. My blood pressure kept soaring high with every measurement, the anxiety was contributing to it. But when i looked back now, i thank God.

Finally i was delivered of the baby alive to avert a terrible situation but that was not the end of it. Some days after delivery i had post partum heamorrhage (heavy or profuse bleeding after childbirth) i got prompt attention, and i was evacuated but i had lost about 4 pints of blood within some minutes. Every minute was precious as i was loosing blood by the seconds. I almost gave up the ghost but i kept praying and held on to my faith in God. I survived it even after collapsing due to much loss of blood. All hands were on deck to attend to me at the hospital and God heard my prayer. Post partum heamorrhage (PPH), heavy or profuse bleeding after childbirth has resulted in the death of many women after childbirth. It is caused by a number of reasons but women who had PIH and have been induced to labour are more prone to it. It usually occurs within the first 6 weeks after child birth. If you notice any unusual bleeding or large clot of blood after childbirth please get in touch with your hospital ASAP. The clean bill of health for women who have just given birth can only be guarantee after 6 weeks. I heard a lot of similar cases after mine and most of the women are dead.

The health system in Nigeria is not so good and people might have to pay through their noses to get good attention but ensure that whichever hospital you are visiting, they have capable and experinced staff who know what to do.

Also in all, put everything in prayers.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by BlueMurder(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
A very heart-wrenching and touching story. @Afdman, you are THE MAN and your wife is THE WOMAN. Please be strong for your family. Wishing your wife a quick recovery. Allah knows best.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by nitrogen(m): 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
@og, sowi for the loss, your story almost brought tears to my eyes. Anyways, God will replenish.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Otosdd: 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
I cant stop crying after reading ur post. I pray 2 God 2 see u nd wify through in Jesus name amen.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by golamike: 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2012
IT IS WELL IN JESUS' NAME!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by AfricaFace(f): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
I have never taken my time to read story this long in nairaland.
i know the lord will heal your heart and give you much children like you desired
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by freeloki(f): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by carlomaa: 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
It's well
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by swit2have: 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
@OP, Ds is so touchin. My heart goes out 2 ur wife, she is such a strong woman. & u r a rare man. my mind kept wondering @ d % of men dt wud go so far wif a woman & stl lost d baby afterall. Most men wud hold deir wives responsible 4 d predicament & gv her d toughest time of her life emotionally.
I'm so convinced dt d Lord wil restore al d yrs dt d canker worms & caterpillars hd eaten & compensate u wif a double M&F.
Luv 2 ur wife!
It's Well!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by linjok(f): 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2012
Glory. God be Praise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States / How To Use Bitter Kola For Any Eye Problem Treatments / Coronavirus: Suspected Case In Enugu Tests Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.