Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,943 members, 7,845,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10659767 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (19314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
AirborneLacer:
Speaking to the media aware from the glare of the cameras, Petr Cech gave a further insight into why he chose to join Arsenal.

It seems that having won everything he could, in European club football with Chelsea, Cech admitted that he wanted to finish his medal collection with a coveted winners medal.

However, the keeper who gave so much to the Chelsea cause, did admit it was touch and go when he took his medical. It seems that the Arsenal medical staff were concerned that Cech had an undisclosed allergy when a bout of sneezing erupted with no apparent cause.

But, keen not to jeopardize the move, Cech explained that it was just a dust allergy and the attack was the result of someone opening the Arsenal trophy cabinet! grin grin grin

Did this happen for realcheesy, or na joke?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
The proposed stadium design is attempt to make Emirates stadium look like a mere training ground grin
It's a bold architectural and structural move though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Inter Milan are also expressing interest in Mikel, just in case they don't sign Felipe Melo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
Chelshit fans consoling themselves with useless articles over Cech. grin

The dude is long gone. He is a GUNNER now. Get over it and move on.

Meanwhile I am waiting for Coach Maureen to come and steal an Arsenal player, shebi una talk say we are a selling club abi?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
Pataki:
Chelshit fans consoling themselves with useless articles over Cech. grin

The dude is long gone. He is a GUNNER now. Get over it and move on.

Meanwhile I am waiting for Coach Maureen to come and steal an Arsenal player, shebi una talk say we are a selling club abi?

Nice for u to show yah face kpataki(strong pant). I see u show ur face here after 2FA cups plus petr cech cheesy

Hope we go see yah face after d season end? tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

He realised showing senseless skills is for players like Ikedia Hazard, Quaresma, Denilson Robinho etc

To be a top rated player you need to grow up and ditch those Principals cup skills that doesnt result in goals or assists
Stop contradicting yourself, he did those skills and got crowned as the world best player, he just doesn't have it anymore abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
diggz:

Nice for u to show yah face kpataki(strong pant). I see u show ur face here after 2FA cups plus petr cech cheesy

Hope we go see yah face after d season end? tongue

Arsenal is on a different level now. Two seasons gone, we bought Ozil, we bought Sanchez.....back to back FA Cups, Community shield trophy, we improved from our regular 4th place position and we have even over-strengthened from a position we do not really need to fortify by buying from a rival team who has a gutter mouth coach!

I dey here gidi gba! No shaking!!! cool August 2, we go meet!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Hazardd(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
hensben:
Arda Turan will play behind matic, fab/oscar as no 10.
arda turan is a winger...
Who is behinda all this transfer at chelsea...smh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
SailorXY:

I know this is typing but let's assume we are talking, will you really listen to yourself & nod your head in appreciation of your words? I seriously doubt that.

so we sign a thousand people with the league already in progress & grabbed a new manager, then it has to be a fairy tale end to the season?

you speak like you have seen a better player in Chelshit colors than Ronaldo ever in your history but we should "be grateful to de Gea" - who talks like that?
was de Gea the person defending, creating chances, dribbling & scoring tap ins? even if he was, na Abrahamovic dey pay am salary??

my friend your analysis of this game is bleh. find some boring sport to watch - I'll recommend netball!
were u being sensible when u said if Ronaldo at 30 joins Man U, Chelsea won't smell EPL top till he retires, that was ridiculous...even if he spent 10 more years before retirement, Chelsea won't win the league even for once, na so hin good reach??
6 years @ real Madrid, 1 Laliga....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hazardd:

arda turan is a winger...
Who is behinda all this transfer at chelsea...smh
He is not a winger his natural position is AMF/CM, simeone plays five midfielders 2 strikers, he(simeone) doesn't play proper winger.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Hazardd(m): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
hensben:
He is not a winger his natural position is AMF/CM, simeone plays five midfielders 2 strikers, he(simeone) doesn't play proper winger.
okay,but can he improve chelsea? Thats the only thing..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
hensben:
So you comparing bayern liga to epl? lol.

WHy would anyone compare the Bundesliga thats 2nd on UEFA ranking with the EPL thats going down and might soon be fourth
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
hensben:
you see ur life.. now you want to compare ribery to iniesta in terms of playing position but when i talked about hazard n iniesta the other time you guys said they play different position..lampard is AMF same with iniesta but lampard murdered him in terms of stat so according to ur logic lampard is better than iniesta by miles.. ..talk about double standard.lol...assist in bucket loads? for just one season? lol..hazard is ahead of ribery in terms of goals scored.

Ribery has played 8 seasons at Bayern, He has 20+ assists in about 6 seasons

Unlike that Ikedia you parade around
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Pataki:

Arsenal is on a different level now. Two seasons gone, we bought Ozil, we bought Sanchez.....back to back FA Cups, Community shield trophy, we improved from our regular 4th place position and we have even over-strengthened from a position we do not really need to fortify by buying from a rival team who has a gutter mouth coach!

I dey here gidi gba! No shaking!!! cool August 2, we go meet!

Nice to hv u around after d long sabbatical leave. Hope to hv u around for a long long time.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
Some of the stadia built by Herzog and De Meuron

1. New Bordeux Stadium

2. Beijing National Stadium

3.. Allianz Arena

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
A sensible Journalist and analyst of the game has this to say about Hazard.

Bogdan Maran/Associated Press

At the end of his first full season in Ligue 1 (2008-2009), Hazard was presented with the country’s Young Player of the Year award. Since then he has ended each campaign, with the exception of his first in England, as either the league’s Young Player of the Year or Player of the Year.

[b]With such apparent ability comes the obvious comparisons. Hazard’s rise means it is now common to hear his name being mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, unquestionably the two best players in the world right now.

Hazard is very much his own player and one who is a
joy to watch, but such comparisons do have theirmerits. There is something very Messi-esque about the way the Belgian glides past opposition defenders.Equally, he shares Ronaldo’s ability to explode into life from a static position. Indeed only the Real Madrid starcan claim to have a more explosive burst of pace than Chelsea’s own magician.

Though it would be premature, and inaccurate, to put
Hazard in the same bracket as these two, it is evident
that he is well on the way to becoming a world-class
individual. This has been acknowledged by Zinedine
Zidane, who recently noted the quality of the Belgian.
Speaking to fifa.com about his favourite performers, the
Frenchman mentioned Ronaldo and Messi, before
moving on to Hazard.[/b]

They are fantastic players, but I like Eden Hazard a
lot too. I enjoy everything he does on the pitch. I
like the way he carries himself, that decisive streak
in him and the fact that he's improving every year.
He can still get better too, and I think he's a big
reason why Chelsea are on top of the table.

While Chelsea will be wary of a Real Madrid coach
singing the praises of one of their players, they will also
be silently agreeing with his assessment of Hazard’s
importance.

The suggestion that Hazard is a "big reason why
Chelsea are on top of the table" is right on point. Eden
Hazard has had an immense impact on Chelsea’s
domestic success this year. When Diego Costa has been injured and when Cesc Fabregas has been slightly off colour, it has been the Belgian who has taken games by the scruff of the neck.

Richard Heathcote/Getty Images
Whether it be a key run and pass, drawing a foul,
scoring a goal or his unnerving ability from the penalty
spot, Hazard’s influence and contribution has been
massively important for the club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mikeywise(m): 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
£8m for Asmir Begovic, that's a good deal if you ask me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
jimmy4x:
Stumbled on this on Bleacherreport.com, it's something worth debating on.

Messi worth TWICE as much as Ronaldo. Like we
didn't know already.
Hazard number two, I can see why, he is to Chelsea
what Messi is to Barcelona (Just not as good). But he
can dribble, score, assist, the lot, and the dude doesn't
have an ego to boot, he's there to do his job and
loves to play the game, deservedly second.
Take Messi or Hazard out of their clubs and the team
will not be effective and lose a lot of quality.
Take Ronaldo out of Madrid, and all they need to do
to replace him is get someone that can finish.

Take Hazard out of Chelsea, and you guys would have won the UCL semi final match against atletico Madrid.

Take Neymar's 39 goals away and Barcelona would become trophy less last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
A40:

Toh! So you know teams win trophies.

So why all the ej@culation about Hazard? Diego Costa provided more goals and Cesc more assists.

Your boy is a winger, Ribery is a winger. Guys like Neymar and Griezmann are simply more clinical and the formation being deployed by their manager sees them playing closer to goal

I will reiterate again goals are not the only problem with Hazard's stats. I'm curious as to how someone frequently compared with Messi and sometimes Ronaldo has now gone 3 seasons without a defining game in the Champions League whether by scoring goals or influencing the outcome of an important match by delivering a virtuoso performance

Even for Belgium same thing. 8 goals in 57 caps

That awkward moment you realise that Ahmed Musa has a better goal stats for Nigeria than Hazard has for Belgium with fewer games played.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
CFCfan:
The proposed stadium design is attempt to make Emirates stadium look like a mere training ground grin
It's a bold architectural and structural move though.
Envy cos Emirates is the standard best. Abram can't afford it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
hensben:
Arda Turan will play behind matic, fab/oscar as no 10.

Ermmmmm. .... is it that I don't this comment or what?
A No 10 playing behind Matic? undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
AirborneLacer:
Just like I asserted weeks ago, Cech would need a strong supporting cast to win the League or any major title at the Emirate.

Here's one of my favorite writers thinking in that line too:

The writer of that article doesn't know what he's on about.

Arsenal conceded the 3rd fewest amount of league goals(36) this season gone...only behind us(32) and Southampton(33). They also copped the fourth highest amount of clean-sheets(14), only behind Us(17), Soton(15), and City(14)

In 2013/2014, Arsenal had the second best clean sheet record in the league(17), only Chelsea did better(18).

What people fail to understand is that Arsenal are steadily improving,and are only one or two players short of a title.

Arsenal's biggest problem has always been mental frailty. Before Ozil, The Arsenal squad lacked a single league winner in any of the top European leagues. Ozil, Sanchez, and now Cech are not just bringing their technical ability to the squad, they are also bringing that Winning mentality to the squad.

No two ways about it, Cech significantly strengthens the Arsenal squad, whether the author of your article knows it or not.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Haven't they always been 2-3 players off the title... Abegi... I don't get where all this paranoia is coming from.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2015
Debroslink:

Take Hazard out of Chelsea, and you guys would have won the UCL semi final match against atletico Madrid.

Take Neymar's 39 goals away and Barcelona would become trophy less last season.
Lmfao....hold on! please, make me understand you perfectly, are you seriously trying to tell me, without mincing words that, Hazard is useless in that Chelsea squad while Barca would have gone trophyless without Neymar's goals??
Like no trophy at all?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Rickywowoz: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
debosky:
Only on Chelski's thread will you get comparisons between Neymar and Sterling.

Can y'all release Petr already? I'm getting impatient. angry

Thanks For your time sir
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
jimmy4x:

Lmfao....hold on! please, make me understand you perfectly, are you seriously trying to tell me, without mincing words that, Hazard is useless in that Chelsea squad while Barca would have gone trophyless without Neymar's goals??
Like no trophy at all?

What was the contribution of Hazard to that match against Atletico Madrid if not to help you guys concede two avoidable goals?

And yes, remove Neymar's 39 goals, and Barca would have been trophy less. Many of them were against the best teams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
homesteady:

Ermmmmm. .... is it that I don't this comment or what?
A No 10 playing behind Matic? undecided undecided
arda turan can play were fab played last season, I mean he can play beside matic, him n fab can rotate there while fab, turan n oscar can rotate AMF/no 10 in 4-2-3-1 formation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
Debroslink:

What was the contribution of Hazard to that match against Atletico Madrid if not to help you guys concede two avoidable goals?

And yes, remove Neymar's 39 goals, and Barca would have been trophy less. Many of them were against the best teams.
why do you guys lack football knownledge huh. Football is a team sport not lawn tennis. With your logic cr7 scored 61 goals yet his team went trophy-less why?.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
Debroslink:

That awkward moment you realise that Ahmed Musa has a better goal stats for Nigeria than Hazard has for Belgium with fewer games played.
same with ribery.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
mikeywise:
£8m for Asmir Begovic, that's a good deal if you ask me.
very good I tell ya.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
jimmy4x:
A sensible Journalist and analyst of the game has this to say about Hazard.

These are men that understand game of football not this troll we have here claiming to have football knowledge but always talk about goals nothing else smh.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hazardd:
okay,but can he improve chelsea? Thats the only thing..
I'm still not 100% convieced about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (19314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala, Itsrm(m), Kimbeast and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.