Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10559951 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (19192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
lalaboi:
I hope this keeps Dayo out of the thread for a while lol. Bendtner almost single handedly destroyed bayern grin

Did You say almost.? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Debroslink:
DJ, make sure the loud speakers in Bayern thread are brought here latest 3pm Sunday.

We go use this thread open epl season.

No worry, dey carry am come. We go redirect am go Gunners thread..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nihilist:
I would take Matic over Busquets anyday though
I know say na because you be Chelsea fan na why you yarn like that. Its allowed

But as far as DM play goes Matic na apprentice to Busquets, apprentice wey never collect freedom I might add

Busquets is a precision player and what sticks out about him is that he almost never loses the ball, this is a very important trait for a player sitting in front of a defence that plays so close to the halfway line of the opponent I usually don't know whether to cry or laugh so I end up doing both when people in real life and web compare what Busquets does to Mikel's style of play. People talk about Barca's ball possession and don't even know Busquets is key to the system and why it works. If you watch American Football then you would know Busquets is like the Center or Offensive tackle that creates a pocket for the quarterback to throw. For Xavi the QB to thrive he needs guys like Busquets (OT, Center) to recycle possession and keep things ticking nicely. Like I always tell you guys when a player is starting for World and European Champions (at club and country) they are definitely doing something right

He's only 27 which is mind-boggling. Football is not by ishan oo. Ishan lo pa Bruce Lee

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nihilist:
On Chancel Mbemba - Newcastle's latest signing.
This one is quite long

This is why I hate signing African players. I dont want any African player near my team unless he is bought for peanuts.

Imagine signing Baba Rahman for £18m. Sorry to say, all West-African players should come with 50% discount, because you are most likely buying a tokunbo with altered mileage.

From an accounting point of view, you can't invest in an asset with indeterminable useful life. That's how we ended up carrying Essien and Geremi on £5m and £2m per year respectively for years and couldn't shift the toxic assets off our hands.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
And the clowns running our technical department will find £30m for John Stones while ignoring our most glaring weakness to protect Mikel and Rami.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/31/chelsea-spending-jose-mourinho-transfer-window-premier-league-title

This week Fabregas said the only way to improve on last season is to win the Champions League. This would certainly require reinforcement in his own position, with memories fresh of how Chelsea’s midfield was overpowered by Paris Saint-Germain, Fàbregas himself resembling a man trying to run the wrong way up an escalator in his pursuit of Blaise Matuidi and Thiago Motta.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nihilist:
Let me hear any mumu com here and mention 'Awoof Penality' again.

Bayern has just lost back to back knockout cups on Pens. Ikedia Hazard no kuku dey miss Pena
Raumdeuter Baba, comman hire Ikedia Hazard make e kon teach ur useless players how dem dey score PKs, @ least 2 cups for don dey added to una cabinet now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Raumdeuter Baba, comman hire Ikedia Hazard make e kon teach ur useless players how dem dey score PKs, @ least 2 Super cups for don dey added to una cabinet now.

Maybe Ikedia Hazard should have taught his Chelsea people when they faced us in the UEFA super cup

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Maybe Ikedia Hazard should have taught his Chelsea people when they faced us in the UEFA super cup
Na d same PK still deny u a whole UCL trophy in 2012....such a pity.
Now u will respect a player who wins and scores PKs cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 5:08am On Aug 02, 2015
[size=50pt] GAME DAY. [/size]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 5:22am On Aug 02, 2015
[size=24pt]IF ITS NOT BLUE[/size]. . . grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 6:58am On Aug 02, 2015
who is chelsea's assistant captain pls
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 7:08am On Aug 02, 2015
VICTOR MOSES > CUADRADO gaddamit they don give am no.11 self

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:47am On Aug 02, 2015
nna mehn it suprised me say bayern lost again ...cus the last time i checked they were winning @ the 88th minutes

bayern should come and collect form from us for parking the bus and pkgrin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:00am On Aug 02, 2015
Upnepaa:
who is chelsea's assistant captain pls
ivanovic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:07am On Aug 02, 2015
Eden Hazard to score an amazing goal against Petr Cech and make him look like Victor Valdes.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:12am On Aug 02, 2015
lordfalcao:
nna mehn it suprised me say bayern lost again ...cus the last time i checked they were winning @ the 88th minutes

bayern should come and collect form from us for parking the bus and pkgrin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:49am On Aug 02, 2015
Na bayern munshiit hehehehe.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by White007(m): 10:51am On Aug 02, 2015
Radamel Falcao could cost Chelsea the Premier League

Jose Mourinho's ego stretches far and wide. It is all encompassing, and anybody in the vicinity of it is in danger of being sucked inside, much like a tornado.

And like a tornado, the Portuguese has destructive elements, as well as others that leave spectators in awe. He is more aware than most that he is capable of great things, and is not shy in letting the world know.

He has worked collective miracles in his career, winning the Champions League with Porto and Inter Milan against all odds. His CV is full of successes.

Despite this, his work with individuals is less impressive; Joe Cole improved immeasurably under his tutelage, but aside from the London-born winger, it's hard to think of an example of a player whose development would have been hindered were it not for Jose's help.

There is no doubt that the Special One has been beneficial to many players, however, there is also a feeling that players like Frank Lampard and John Terry would have scaled the heights of their profession regardless of his input. This is what makes Chelsea's decision to sign Radamel Falcao, albeit on loan, all the more baffling.

STUCK IN THE PAST?

Quite what Jose has in mind when envisioning Falcao's future with the blues is perhaps clear to those inside the club, but outside there are raised eye brows and much head scratching.

Mourinho has mentioned the fearsome partnership that Falcao struck up with Diego Costa during their time together at Atletico Madrid, however, a fearsome partnership requires both men to be at their snarling, aggressive best, and right now only Costa can claim to be performing near to the higher level of his capabilities.

The manager has been a father figure to many Chelsea players over the years, however, he isn't Father Time. He can't turn back the clock to when El Tigre had yet to suffer serious injuries to both knees, and was turning in shots from seemingly impossible angles at Athletico.

OLD FALCAO, OR NEW FERNANDO?

Mourinho kept faith with Fernando Torres for a season at the beginning of his second reign at the helm of the club, but couldn't reverse his fortunes and quickly shipped him out.

Like Torres before him, when he lopped off his honey blonde locks, Falcao has attempted a change of image, almost as a last, desperate attempt at reinvention. Also similarly to his decision to give Torres a chance, their seems to be an undercurrent of Mourinho's superiority complex creeping into his choices.

Did he keep faith with Torres to prove that he could succeed where Rafael Benitez failed in restoring him to his past self? Is he using Falcao to the same ends and trying to get one over his old mentor Louis van Gaal?

SPEAKING HIS LANGUAGE

Mourinho's decision to sign Falcao looks increasingly like a vanity project. He is hoping that the Spanish speaking contingent at Stamford Bridge will help the Colombian rediscover himself, but weren't there Spanish speakers at Chelsea when Torres was struggling for form and confidence? Fernando still cut a desperately lonely figure.

THIN UP TOP?

If Costa suffers a reoccurrence of the hamstring injuries that hampered him last season, and Loic Remy struggles to fill his boots, then it will fall to Falcao to fire Chelsea to glory.

For Mourinho, a man who expects Chelsea to challenge on all fronts, the decision to enter into the season with only three front men, including one who has shown nothing in recent outings for Columbia to suggest that he can return to form, seems an odd one.

Class is, they say, permanent. All lights that were once bright will continue to flicker, think Thierry Henry and his comeback goal for Arsenal against Leeds. We can expect Falcao to hit the back of the net on occasion, possibly against lesser teams in lesser competitions.

To expect him to register the requisite number of goals to push Chelsea to silverware may be beyond even Mourinho's powers of black magic.

by Sean Natton
ACADEMY MEMBER
Disclaimer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mcdreeezy: 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
#TeamGunners today grin tongue
Say no to negative football a.k.a parking the bus angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
Arsenal XI to face Chelsea: Cech, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ozil, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Monreal, Cazorla, Bellerin, Coquelin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Chelsea team for Arsenal: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Willian, Hazard, Remy.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
KTBFFH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
Chelsea subs for Arsenal: Begovic, Zouma, Mikel, Oscar, Cuadrado, Moses, Falcao.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
@ChelseaFC Diego Costa absent today due to 'discomfort in his hamstring,' says Jose Mourinho... #CFC # CommunityShield

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Our lack in depth is just too obvious......... even with a -1 one the pitch, our bench is full of players that don't give hope...... Do something Boss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
I don't know y I just have dis strange feeling d gayners will get one over us today. Their form and lineup is quite better than ours today. Anyway, in mou I trust!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
I don't know y I just have dis strange feeling d gayners will get one over us today. Their form and lineup is quite better than ours today. Anyway, in mou I trust!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
donjazet:

How's their line up better than yours? Costa is the only person missing in that line up
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Let's wait and see.. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigfather(m): 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
dopeJemi:

How's their line up better than yours? Costa is the only person missing in that line up

I tire o ! Maybe dem just sign Messi and CR7 join their team !
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
I'm hearing JayJay's nephew plays for Le Arse.

Also I'm hearing that Haxard looks fat. I listening on radio

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (19192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AlphaNugget(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.