Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10435372 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
Spy360:
Now jokes, fanatism and stupidity apart; Sunday's Community Shield between Arsenal and Chelsea will determine who is more the tactical between AW and JM as both teams have equal strength and depth. Being a 50-50 contest, no more excuses.
what nonsense.... cech has been your only signing..... we played twice last season and you had only one shot on target in 180mins....WTF?? Cech wouldn't save hazards pk and surely not Costa's goal....... If the two teams are balanced now,then they were balanced last season...... give us another excuse.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
I want Remy to stay!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
AirborneLacer:
This piece is penned with two hopes;

1. To stimulate spirited discussion among the members of the Chelsea family
2. In the hope that some person(s) in the corridors of power for Chelsea FC perchance stumble upon it, reads it and that it gives food for serious thought and hopefully beyond that action.

It's quite a long piece, I pray I don't get banned

That is a very thoughtful piece which raises some salient points HOWEVER....

Lukaku was the designated understudy to Costa. It was only after Lukaku decided to pursue his dream elsewhere that Remy was signed, so in a way Lukaku forced Jose's hand.

This means that Remy's signing wasn't as thoughtless as your article implied it to be. It's very difficult to find a quality striker who's happy to sit on the bench, and as Ibime once pointed out, Remy was a man with a slandered reputation and a point to prove.

Overall, I think management is fully aware of the situation. Costa and Remy are good enough to prosecute the season, and Falcao is a fantastic no-strings attached option to have as a 3rd striker(Falcao!! cheesy)

Jose has clearly got an eye on youth, and his loan of Bamford to Palace will give him the necessary experience he needs to maybe become the Number 2 man next season, and I must say the boy is looking sharp. Congratulations on your hattrick today Bimffo!

Jose is also looking to integrate Traore as the 4th striker, so there are options. Fact of the matter is that when Costa is carefully managed, he is deadly effective, and there aren't too many strikers that could bench Costa currently available in Europe. Lacazette certainly won't.

So in conclusion, I disagree with your article insistence that a Franchise striker can not be injury prone - Just look at Aguero, RVP (2011-2013), and Robben.

Just give them the Ledley King treatment, and wrap them in cotton wool after each game before carefully storing in the cupboard, and they'll be fine cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 12:42am On Jul 31, 2015
bigkesh:
what nonsense.... cech has been your only signing..... we played twice last season and you had only one shot on target in 180mins....WTF?? Cech wouldn't save hazards pk and surely not Costa's goal....... If the two teams are balanced now,then they were balanced last season...... give us another excuse.....
Arsenal should beat Chelsea, no more excuses bro.

The last game they had ended 0-0, Arsenal was the better team because Chelsea chose the option of defending may be to secure their top spot.

But Sunday's game is a winner takes all, Chelsea wouldn't just defend and Arsenal wouldn't just throw men forward.

It's gonna be tight, it is 50-50.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:58am On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks Nihilist. grin

I can't wait to see Bamford at SW6; fully as our player.

He is a good player and I know he will impress this coming season for Crystal Palace..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Nihilist:

Overall, I think management is fully aware of the situation. Costa and Remy are good enough to prosecute the season, and Falcao is a fantastic no-strings attached option to have as a 3rd striker(Falcao!! cheesy)

The intensity of the epl may not be favourable to costa. He is already showing in pre-season matches that he may not start the league well as he did last season. Falcao, I think will need a miracle to return to that form he used to be in, at athletico madrid. Loic Remy's consistency is a concern. I look beyond epl, UCL is something we should shoot at. Antonio candreva is ok to replace cuadrado, baba rahman and stones are needed at the defence, at least to give it a depth. If we say our top strikers are in top condition now to contend with the likes of Bayern, real, barca in the ucl, we are being economical with the truth.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2015
Nihilist:

That is a very thoughtful piece which raises some salient points HOWEVER....

Lukaku was the designated understudy to Costa. It was only after Lukaku decided to pursue his dream elsewhere that Remy was signed, so in a way Lukaku forced Jose's hand.

This means that Remy's signing wasn't as thoughtless as your article implied it to be. It's very difficult to find a quality striker who's happy to sit on the bench, and as Ibime once pointed out, Remy was a man with a slandered reputation and a point to prove.

Jose has clearly got an eye on youth, and his loan of Bamford to Palace will give him the necessary experience he needs to maybe become the Number 2 man next season, and I must say the boy is looking sharp. Congratulations on your hattrick today Bimffo!

Jose is also looking to integrate Traore as the 4th striker, so there are options. Fact of the matter is that when Costa is carefully managed, he is deadly effective, and there aren't too many strikers that could bench Costa currently available in Europe. Lacazette certainly won't.

So in conclusion, I disagree with your article insistence that a Franchise striker can not be injury prone - Just look at Aguero, RVP (2011-2013), and Robben.

Just give them the Ledley King treatment, and wrap them in cotton wool after each game before carefully storing in the cupboard, and they'll be fine cheesy

While I agree with a few points you raised regarding the grooming and/or integration of our young talents, I totally disagree with the 'Ledley King treatment'. In the 2015 EPL, you will never get a sharp striker under a Ledley King treatment. The article highlights that perfectly here.

"Diego is in a catch 22 situation. For him to perform he needs to regain match fitness and sharpness and it is obvious from his preseason showings he is not there yet. Problem is that to get there he needs game time and lots of it but if we push too hard his hammies act up and the only way to fix that is more rest and extended time in the physio room".

And that's totally true. You cannot get Costa 'deadly effective' when he spends more time in the physio room than on the pitch. Especially not with our style of play.

The article does not focus on options for the future (although somehow missed Bamford); instead, it focuses on the coming campaign and how we might fare. I for one seem to agree.

Failing to spot the trend 'may' be costly. A lot. Looking at the tail end of last season, I remember commenting on a few games with the same line "Costa has lost his sharpness". And as the article also points out, it's continued into the pre-season. You only need to have seen the PS games. I am going to be a little bolder than the article declined to be and state that we will not have Costa for more than half the season. The writing is on the wall.

Our lack of midfield signings means that in the very crucial games, yet again, we will play far away from opposition goal (The Bus) and you cannot keep Costa's work load at those levels and expect the same output. I predict we will not have Costa for back to back big games.

I do not expect much from Falcao. In fact I don't expect anything from Falcao and Remy though a decent bloke, is also very injury prone.

All said I don't believe the striking department is in state of disaster. For the EPL, certainly not. For Europe, different matter entirely. And for reasons that extend beyond any striker issues.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
nonsoroyalty:

Yaya toure lead man city to epl titles?

Next joke
then you must not be watching man city games over the years. Yaya is the star player there or you think it's a coincidence he is the highest earner.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
Where the Bleep is Jimmy4x?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
nateevs:

All said I don't believe the striking department is in state of disaster. For the EPL, certainly not. For Europe, different matter entirely. And for reasons that extend beyond any striker issues.

airmark:

The intensity of the epl may not be favourable to costa. He is already showing in pre-season matches that he may not start the league well as he did last season. Falcao, I think will need a miracle to return to that form he used to be in, at athletico madrid. Loic Remy's consistency is a concern. I look beyond epl, UCL is something we should shoot at. Antonio candreva is ok to replace cuadrado, baba rahman and stones are needed at the defence, at least to give it a depth. If we say our top strikers are in top condition now to contend with the likes of Bayern, real, barca in the ucl, we are being economical with the truth.

Apologies, I should have explained better that my post was framed within a domestic context. Like you say, the strikers we've got are good enough for a domestic challenge, but certainly not in Europe.

But I don't believe we should be looking at winning in Europe anyway, at least in the short term. At this point in time, I believe it is more important to prioritise league success, and focus more on building a dynasty. If it was up to me, I would ensure the team crashes out at group stage sef. It's not like our team is good enough to challenge consistently with Real, Barca and Bayern anyway.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
bigkesh:

Wasn't he banned?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
bigkesh:
lol....Bigkesh, here I am.
The nigga who got me banned hasn't stopped chasing me about....I don enter my own...lol

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
bigkesh:

He changed to Chelseafan1

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chelseafan1:

The nigga who got me banned hasn't stopped chasing me about....I don enter my own...lol
Oh oh, no p bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nyabinghi(m): 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
3 1 victory to the gunners, bookmark this prediction my bad but the blues still saw the blues over to you big kesh grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
nyabinghi:
3 1 victory to the gunners, bookmark this prediction
Focus on UEFA playoffs with your mates

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nyabinghi(m): 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
bigkesh:

Focus on UEFA playoffs with your mates
it is a good omen to us when we go through play offs, we were champions when we qualified thru playoffs

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
Report in Germany suggest Chelsea are in for Baba Rahman with a 25m bid

Good deal for Augsburg who bought him for 2.5m from Gruther Furth a year ago
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Ur stupidiity for trying to invade the utd thread got u a ban and the same stupidiity will get u banned again

Only this time na ur ip
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:
Report in Germany suggest Chelsea are in for Baba Rahman with a 25m bid

Good deal for Augsburg who bought him for 2.5m from Gruther Furth a year ago
Lool, bro, we don't have that much money to spend on him for now, when we are not totally lacking in that position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
nyabinghi:
3 1 victory to the gunners, bookmark this prediction
Hahaha.....I'll become an Arsenal fan right away....the best you can get on Sunday is a draw.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Lool, bro, we don't have that much money to spend on him for now, when we are not totally lacking in that position.

Chelsea have agreed to sign Augsburg full-back Abdul Rahman Baba.

According to BILD, the Ghana international is now in discussions with the Premier League winners over personal terms.

Chelsea are said to have agreed a €25million deal with Augsburg for the 21-year old defender.

Source: Sky Sports
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
torres2:

Chelsea have agreed to sign Augsburg full-back Abdul Rahman Baba.

According to BILD, the Ghana international is now in discussions with the Premier League winners over personal terms.

Chelsea are said to have agreed a €25million deal with Augsburg for the 21-year old defender.

Source: Sky Sports
Lobatan.....can he also play as a CB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Chelseafan1:

WHich punishment should I give you for disbelieving me? Should I tell you to kneel down, raise your hand close your eyes and face the wall?

Draw car on the wall and tell you to push till it starts

Impregnate a picture of Genevieve or fill a basket with water
====================================================================================
Baba looks genuinely young and I spoke to a Ghanaian friend who says maybe he would have taken max 5 yrs from his age which is still good for an African

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chelseafan1:

He is a left back but if signing pulls through, azpilicueta can play the RB while Ivanovic plays the CB role if occassion demands it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
raumdeuter:

WHich punishment should I give you for disbelieving me? Should I tell you to kneel down, raise your hand close your eyes and face the wall?

Draw car on the wall and tell you to push till it starts

Impregnate a picture of Genevieve or fill a basket with water
====================================================================================
Baba looks genuinely young and I spoke to a Ghanaian friend who says maybe he would have taken max 5 yrs from his age which is still good for an African

Hehehe....u go wicked as a teacher o, buh seriously, will Chelsea buy Rahman and Stones too??
What will be Zouma's fate this season.?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
torres2:

He is a left back but if signing pulls through, azpilicueta can play the RB while Ivanovic plays the CB role if occassion demands it.
That sounds interesting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Hehehe....u go wicked as a teacher o, buh seriously, will Chelsea buy Rahman and Stones too??
What will be Zouma's fate this season.?

Yes , Rahman is a good buy, he is very swift , moves with the ball well and good defensively and know when to join the attack. He reminds me of Celestine babayaro at his peak. John stones should be packing his luggages by weekend to come to the bridge. I am not that comfortable with zouma yet as CB, so he may be playing in front of the central defenders when called upon. If we can get the stones and rahman, our bus have got tyres better than yokohama's grin. The two are good on the ball.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
airmark:

Yes , Rahman is a good buy, he is very swift , moves with the ball well and good defensively and know when to join the attack. He reminds me of Celestine babayaro at his peak. John stones should be packing his luggages by weekend to come to the bridge. I am not that comfortable with zouma yet as CB, so he may be playing in front of the central defenders when called upon. If we can get the stones and rahman, our bus have got tyres better than yokohama's grin. The two are good on the ball.
lol....our bus go gather wella be that o....I personally feel we need reinforcement at d back, now, it's getting interesting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
So we don buy Baba Ramoni?

When will we buy Baba silifa?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funpeter: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
A thread of wailling waillers...... a ma pade ni sunday..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m), Neobulletzz(m), drisham(m), raumdeuter, joezy23(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.