Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,213 members, 7,846,024 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10666735 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) ... (19315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Chestar5:

hmmmnnn, are u sure? cool

*adjusts eyeglasses*

I don repent since. How can I be insulting my potential father-in-law? cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 11:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
Pataki:

I don repent since. How can I be insulting my potential father-in-law? cool

grin, mourinho is not nyc o grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 10, 2015
Nihilist:
I just did some digging.

Rooney's League total puts him in the Top 5 goal scorers ever in the Bundesliga, and number 11 in La Liga

And he did this all before he turned 30. Airbornelacer, respect Rooney Abeg.

Bruh Im trying hard to accord Wazza the respect he deserve, I am.

Albeit the figures are there to speak for him, the man is yet to boss a major tournament.

Gary Lineker who put up less figures had more significant impact on every stage for the three lions, that's something I can't say for England's all-time highest goal scorer

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:51am On Sep 10, 2015
Nihilist:
I just did some digging.

Rooney's League total puts him in the Top 5 goal scorers ever in the Bundesliga, and number 11 in La Liga

And he did this all before he turned 30. Airbornelacer, respect Rooney Abeg.

I just kept quiet when I saw guys saying all sorts about rooney. It's a pity.

When rooney was rooney

[img]http://jasonfeldman.files./2011/02/rooney.gif?w=614[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:29am On Sep 10, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Albeit the figures are there to speak for him, the man is yet to boss a major tournament.

CR7 is the portugal's highest goal scorer of all time, but I can't remember him bossing a major tournament too, does that make him a mediocre player? I don't think so. Meanwhile in EURO 2004, Baros won golden boot with 5 goals, rooney scored 4. Rooney and Ronaldo were picked in the UEFA team of the tournament. That speaks volume.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 10, 2015
airmark:

CR7 is the portugal's highest goal scorer of all time, but I can't remember him bossing a major tournament too, does that make him a mediocre player? I don't think so. Meanwhile in EURO 2004, Baros won golden boot with 5 goals, rooney scored 4. Rooney and Ronaldo were picked in the UEFA team of the tournament. That speaks volume.

I must admit, you have got me on this, both Ronaldo and Rooney showed great character to come from the fringes to the fore with Portugal and England respectively.

Tell me, what have become of WaZza since that mundial?

Has he replicated that form both for club and country ever since

I believe the UCL, EPL and La Liga are major tournaments/competitions, CR7 have bossed them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:07am On Sep 10, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Both Ronaldo and Rooney showed great character to come from the fringes to the fore with Portugal and England respectively.

Tell me, what have become of WaZza since that mundial?

Has he replicated that form since then both for club and country?

I believe the UCL, EPL and La Liga are major tournaments/competitions, CR7 have bossed them

Dayo and co's criticisms of rooney were about national team. But if you can confirm that epl, ucl and other club competitions are major tournaments then Rooney won world club cup for man utd as the highest goal scorer in 2008. In epl 2009/2010 , he was the best epl player of the season adjudged by epl players. So what are we saying?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 10, 2015
airmark:

Dayo and co's criticisms of rooney were about national team. But if you can confirm that epl, ucl and other club competitions are major tournaments then Rooney won world club cup for man utd as the highest goal scorer in 2008. In epl 2009/2010 , he was the best epl player of the season adjudged by epl players. So what are we saying?

World Club? cheesy

What we are saying is that we don't have to pick out seasons Wazza impressed only to creep back into his shell.

For an assumed English greatest, he should be leading his teams to glory
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:56am On Sep 10, 2015
AirborneLacer:

World Club? cheesy

What we are saying is that we don't have to pick out seasons Wazza impressed only to creep back into his shell.

Yeah world club. I deliberately used that cos Dayo had argued it few days ago that its an important competition. My point is, calling rooney a mediocre player is very unfair. Someone who was in FIFA best 11 in 2011. He has his share of injury spell too and did nt replicate club performances in NT. If you say rooney is hyped, I may agree, but a mediocre , it's a big NO.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:57am On Sep 10, 2015
If rooney was a mediocre, Chelsea would n't have tried to lure him to the bridge in the past and man utd would have released him. So unfortunate he has lost it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:20am On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:21am On Sep 10, 2015
humblesteve:

My humble prayer that he gets back to the oscar i use to know

cool we all missed him.
In other news, we may be allowed to use Wembley stadium as home matches venue. I hope it won't be like a neutral ground for us when approved
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:46am On Sep 10, 2015
humblesteve:

My humble prayer that he gets back to the oscar i use to know

I'm not sure which Oscar you used to know but the Oscar of today is exactly the same as the Oscar of yesterday.

It's like ninjas saying "the Ramires I used to know" meanwhile I have always pinpointed to ninjas that Ramires is crap from the first few matches he played for Chelsea. Same as Oscar.

All that means is some ninjas don't understand what they are watching when they are watching it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by grinface98(m): 7:54am On Sep 10, 2015
Ibime:

I'm not sure which Oscar you used to know but the Oscar of today is exactly the same as the Oscar of yesterday.

It's like ninjas saying "the Ramires I used to know" meanwhile I have always pinpointed to ninjas that Ramires is crap from the first few matches he played for Chelsea. Same as Oscar.

All that means is some ninjas don't understand what they are watching when they are watching it.

So Oscar and Ramires are crap, right?
I give up!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ask1: 8:00am On Sep 10, 2015
check out this Madrid talent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IffyDw46Gh8
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2015
ask1:
check out this Madrid talent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IffyDw46Gh8
U mind telling us how this is related to Chelsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by humblesteve(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2015
airmark:

cool we all missed him.
In other news, we may be allowed to use Wembley stadium as home matches venue. I hope it won't be like a neutral ground for us when approved
My brother am just bothered with our poor performance our starting isn't encouraging at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by humblesteve(m): 8:51am On Sep 10, 2015
Ibime:

Haba! Ramires crap from first few matches but he was doing fine at a time before now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 8:56am On Sep 10, 2015
AirborneLacer:

World Club? cheesy

All your doubts about rooney,should really be about the english team.
He has done well enough for man utd.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2015
chic2pimp:
Klose Bawo? Is He any better than Giroud?
klose is over better than giroud both club and country wise
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:10am On Sep 10, 2015
YES!!, the weekend is finally around the corner, bpl is back in action!!

First match of the weekend: Everton vs Chelsea, can we repeat the same scenerio like last time....

Within 10mins, five goals was scored between the two teams, but chelsea still won with a three-goal margin out of the total nine scored....diego costa had a brace, hope he can repeat that next tommorrow........

#KTBFFEH cheesy
#COYB
#FIGHTING kiss

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Haywhymido(m): 9:28am On Sep 10, 2015
Ibime:

ramires crap?? Abeg skip dat gibberish. Go n av a review of 2011/12 season. Nigga talking as if he can even do "a lukman haruna"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2015
humblesteve:

Haba! Ramires crap from first few matches but he was doing fine at a time before now.

Ask around, I have pinpointed how rubbish Ramires is since 2010. At a time I was one of a very few number of ninjas on this thread who understood the function of a central midfielder and how Ramires was not fulfilling that function.

That 2012 season you are talking about, Ramires took the central midfield to 6th in the league table. The big performances you refer to against Barca and Napoli, he played right-back and left-wing respectively. He was a woeful central midfielder then, as he is now. Nothing changed. Me and FBS were the only ninjas speaking against Ramires then when unseasoned football watchers thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Now 99% of Chelsea fans concur that he is crap, even his greatest supporter dyabman.

It's the same with Oscar. The faults in his game are the same in 2012 as in 2015 ie wayward touch, poor vision and little possession continuity. His strengths are also the same ie great cross and great shot. The same shot he used against Juve to make unseasoned football watchers hanker after a "return to the form of 2012". He was still playing the same nonsense in 2012 that he is playing today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wonlasewonimi: 11:26am On Sep 10, 2015
debosky:

grin grin grin DK you sabi lie sha. cheesy I never did any such thing.

Bros I know your story jo. No let me break speaker for here. wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2015
Haywhymido:
ramires crap?? Abeg skip dat gibberish. Go n av a review of 2011/12 season. Nigga talking as if he can even do "a lukman haruna"

I was surprised ibime said he was crap too. I don't know how we forget past performances of players so soon. 2011/2012 was his best for us, he was Chelsea's player of the year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
airmark:

I was surprised ibime said he was crap too. I don't know how we forget past performances of players so soon. 2011/2012 was his best for us, he was Chelsea's player of the year.

Note the dates on the below. When some of us are watching football and understand what we are watching, some DSTV boys are recalling highlights. Ramires has always been a CRAP midfielder from the day he walked into Chelsea. Ninjas used to argue and call me names back then when I told em Ramires doesn't know how to play football, now everyone will concur. The same thing y'all complain about now, me and FBS were the only ones highlighting back in 2010.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ibime:

Note the dates on the below. When some of us are watching football and understand what we are watching, some DSTV boys are recalling highlights. Ramires has always been a CRAP midfielder from the day he walked into Chelsea. Ninjas used to argue and call me names back then when I told em Ramires doesn't know how to play football, now everyone will concur. The same thing y'all complain about now, me and FBS were the only ones highlighting back in 2010.

He might not be superb in his early days in Chelsea, but in 2011/2012 season, he was our best player. Players do have off-days but the old Ramirez was a Trojan in our midfield and he scored goals too. He would drill through opposition midfield to make our attackers run to position and gave good passes. If you said only matches against Barcelona and Napoli, that was where ramires tried, then it's unfair. If dayo and co could be criticizing hazard's style of play despite his contributions to our epl glory and being epl player of the year, then anyone could still criticize an outstanding player out of hatred. Ramires was not a crap, he was our best player that year. Are you saying those players that chose him were wrong to have seen it that way? The fact that a player has lost his form at present majorly due to injuries, does nt erase the fact he was better in the past. Torres' present bad form will never delete his past brilliant performances from the minds of those who knew him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Haywhymido(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hoping mourinho get his selection right in the becoming matches.We av to get back to winning ways b4 it is too late.

#ktbffh
#blus army
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pelvicky(m): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
Everton ready to stone chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
airmark:

Players do have off-days but the old Ramirez was a Trojan in our midfield and he scored goals too. He would drill through opposition midfield to make our attackers run to position and gave good passes.

Which good passes?

What performance did he put in in midfield?

Did he lose the ability to pass the ball overnight?

Abeg face front. I no get patience for nonsense talk.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by humblesteve(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ibime:

Which good passes?

Evaluating his (Ramires) present performance i can agree with you that he's worst than the word crap. I prayed to see him out of our team but i can't just figure out what mou has to do with him and his african brother (Mikel) that he still keep them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ibime:

Which good passes?

If a player you called crap was our best player in 2011/2012 season , then what will you call all our other players that season? . May be crap has another definition. Your evaluation of players has been horrible to say the least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvPgyA8LU8

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) ... (19315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueAngel444, DynamoDeGreat and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.