Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10500439 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (19147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2015
parrotibaba:
moyes is British

I take it back yes. .

Whdn e dey do well he is british. . when he is flopping, na Scottish . . Thats how it works mostly. . yeh grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2015
lalaboi:

I take it back yes. .

Whdn e dey do well he is british. . when he is flopping, na Scottish . . Thats how it works mostly. . yeh grin
You made no sense in what you just posted. David Moyes is Scottish and also British because Scotland alongside Ireland, Wales and England are under the Great Britain/UK.

It's like someone who is an Hausa man and also a Nigerian.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pdizzle(m): 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
parrotibaba:
You made no sense in what you just posted. David Moyes is Scottish and also British because Scotland alongside Ireland, Wales and England are under the Great Britain/UK.

You're wrong. Scotland, Wales and England is called Great Britain, the inclusion of northern Ireland makes it United Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
parrotibaba:

Pdizzle:

You're wrong. Scotland, Wales and England is called Great Britain, the inclusion of northern Ireland makes it United Kingdom.

@parrotibaba.
I made no sense? where is your sense of humor?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Pdizzle:

is it not the same thing I said? Great Britain/UK
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
As Jose Mourinho ponders a striker conundrum at Chelsea, Everton’s Romelu Lukaku is enjoying a rich vein of form. Here, Nick Wright examines the Belgian’s rise since leaving Stamford Bridge and ponders what might have been for the Blues…

If Jose Mourinho tuned in to watch his old friend Aitor Karanka's Middlesbrough against Everton on Tuesday night, he was probably reaching for the remote after 28 minutes. It was then - after Gerard Deulofeu had opened the scoring at the Riverside Stadium - that his former striker Romelu Lukaku rose to head home his sixth goal in five games.

It was another reminder of what could have been for Chelsea had they not sanctioned his £28m departure last summer. The Belgian's 10th Premier League goal of the campaign at the weekend was rather lost in the drama of Jamie Vardy's record-breaking heroics and Diego Costa's bib-throwing petulance, but his efforts will not have gone unnoticed by Mourinho, who didn't even have a striker on the pitch as Chelsea failed to find a way past Tottenham on Sunday.

For Lukaku, a bigger landmark came a week previously, when his first goal in Everton's 4-0 thrashing of Aston Villa made him only the fifth player in Premier League history to score 50 goals before the age of 23. The rest of that esteemed list is made up of Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney. Lukaku is in good company.

Mourinho's loss has been Roberto Martinez's gain. "He is a striker who can do it all," said the Everton manager earlier this week. "He has the old fashioned traits - he can have his back to play, the strength, the power. But he can also run with the ball and is a clinical finisher."

Of course, Costa's 20-goal contribution to Chelsea's title triumph ensured complaints about Lukaku's departure did not linger for long last season. The club turned a £10m profit on the former Anderlecht prodigy and the fee helped balance the books after Costa's arrival, but Mourinho's short-termism is haunting them now.

Lukaku scored more Premier League goals in November than Costa, Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy have managed between them all season, and Kevin De Bruyne's stellar start at Manchester City is ramming the point home.

Mourinho questioned Lukaku and De Bruyne's attitudes after they were sold, but is it that unusual for talented young players to be temperamental? Could Mourinho not have done more to ease their concerns and keep them at the club?

His ruthlessness is one of the attributes that has made him so successful, but Lukaku and De Bruyne are proof that it can also be detrimental, and his tough stance with young players has resurfaced this season with his public criticism of Eden Hazard and teenager Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Lukaku's case is special, because by the summer of 2014 he had already proved he was one of the Premier League's most effective strikers with 32 goals in 66 league appearances on loan at West Brom and Everton. And while his tally of 10 Premier League strikes in 2014/15 was lower than usual, his all-round improvement continued steadily and this year he is well on course for his most prolific campaign yet.

Having become the top scorer in Belgium and made his full international debut as a 16-year-old, it is easy to forget that Lukaku is still five months shy of his 23rd birthday. It makes his scoring feats all the more impressive and suggests he is not even close to his prime.

Premier League goals since 2012/13

Player Goals
Sergio Aguero 62
Luis Suarez 54
Romelu Lukaku 52
Olivier Giroud 48
Robin van Persie 48

Lukaku has scored more Premier League goals than Ronaldo at the same age, and since the 2012/13 season only Luis Suarez and Sergio Aguero can better his total of 52. Indeed, when Martinez highlighted Lukaku's finishing ability earlier this week he had good reason. Lukaku's shooting accuracy of 67.74 per cent is the highest of any player to have had more than 20 shots this season, and his conversion rate of 32.26 per cent only falls fractionally short of Vardy's.

Lukaku is capable of scoring with his left foot, right foot and head, but he brings a lot more to the table than goals. And while his physicality and athleticism are formidable strengths, his stunning outside-of-the-boot assist for Arouna Kone against Sunderland was an example of his frequently overlooked technical ability.

Premier League assists by strikers since 2012/13

Player Assists
Wayne Rooney 25
Romelu Lukaku 19
Rickie Lambert 18
Sergio Aguero 17
Luis Suarez 17

Lukaku has more assists than any other Premier League striker this season with four, and that level of creativity is nothing new. Since the start of the 2012/13 season, Lukaku has set up more goals (19) than any other striker with the exception of Rooney, who has frequently operated in more withdrawn positions.

The man who was predictably heralded as the new Didier Drogba when he arrived at Chelsea now counts the legendary Ivorian among his biggest admirers. "He has been working a lot to improve and to make sure that his strength and technique can work together in this league," Drogba said on Goals on Sunday this week.

"I remember he had a lot to work technically when he first signed for Chelsea, but he has got his reward for that. I texted him a few weeks ago when he gave that pass to Arouna Kone with his left foot and I told him: 'The day you do that with your right foot…!' I told him he is on the way to becoming one of the greatest in this league."

So as Mourinho and Chelsea wonder what might have been, Everton celebrate a £28m bargain. Lukaku just keeps getting better and better, and the scary thing is, he's only just getting started.

That's why I laugh when I hear the usual rubbish - "Lukaku couldn't have done it at Chelsea", "Lukaku is only plays Jambody football", -and the recent most odious one by Baba 70 Raumdeuter and his band of merry trolls - "Martial is better than Lukaku"

Dayo you should be sued for slander

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nihilist:

That's why I laugh when I hear the usual rubbish - "Lukaku couldn't have done it at Chelsea", "Lukaku is only plays Jambody football", -and the recent most odious one by Baba 70 Raumdeuter and his band of merry trolls - "Martial is better than Lukaku"

Dayo you should be sued for slander

If both play to their potentials, Martial would have a better career than Lukaku. Martial has more in his Arsenal than Lukaku does

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
raumdeuter:

If both play to their potentials, Martial would have a better career than Lukaku. Martial has more in his Arsenal than Lukaku does

What does Martial have in his locker?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nihilist:

What does Martial have in his locker?

Better ball skills, Speed, can dribble and his finishing is very good for his age

Lukakus locker has physicality and finishing

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
raumdeuter:

Better ball skills, Speed, can dribble and his finishing is very good for his age

Lukakus locker has physicality and finishing

It could go either way. It is one I wouldn't like to call ie who will end up the better player.

That strength of Lukaku unsettles a whole back four. No defence is at peace with him around.

Martial does not have the same effect but skillwise can be a great beyond Lukaku.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lukaku reminds me of Drogba......
How do you handle him? Great pace,Power and technique.......

Lukaku just needs to improve his skill...That's all,Defenders will start having conference calls during pre season to advice one another on how to deal with him....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BarcaBlood: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2015
List of ucl winners. Rep your club

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2015
BarcaBlood:
List of ucl winners. Rep your club
Keky....over to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2015
Mourinholic:

Keky....over to you
grin grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
grin Bournemouth My team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2015
stoke 2-city 0. am I dreaming?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
From same guy that did it to chelshit; Arnautovic grin

Game isn't yet over though
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
Odunharry:
stoke 2-city 0. am I dreaming?

it's actually Arnautovic 2 City 0

the useless people are thinking about changing their badge instead
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
See serial rejects from all over Europe sodomising EPL leaders

Its only in EPL that rejects like SHaqiri, Bojan, Arnatovic and Affelay can be shining
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
Sandro has scored more goals and assists than a certain EPL's best player. He's rated 20 million euros for now. Apply now before stock price rises exponentially.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
JigsawKillah:

it's actually Arnautovic 2 City 0

the useless people are thinking about changing their badge instead
cold windy afternoon at the Britannia isn't easy Bro... Shaqiri de ball
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
raumdeuter:
See serial rejects from all over Europe sodomising EPL leaders

Its only in EPL that rejects like SHaqiri, Bojan, Arnatovic and Affelay can be shining

Bros hup u realize this thread is not EPL's general thread and ground for steewpid throlling?

I can point at Claudio pizarro,chicharito,boatank and co.... and also type this ur okpata yarns above.....

Pls respect this thread or ur age and stop messing around.

Thank you sir!

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2015
Shawcross dey mad fa

Dayo, you done smoke Osogbo weed again?

Remind me which club did Aspas score a hattrick against?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lmao.....Boys dealing with Ramudeen wella

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
Michael owen-" If Man city don't score,they hardly ever win"........

Nitori olorun,what is this?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2015
Could this possibly be a jab at Chelsea? Cause other than that, it doesnt make any sense to me.
Mourinholic:
Michael owen-" If Man city don't score,they hardly ever win"........

Nitori olorun,what is this?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
Costa go knack head for wall today cheesy....Hazard is deployed as the lone striker again cheesy cheesy

If Hazard no score again today, my guy needs serious deliverance be that.

Chelsea Team v Bournemouth: Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Zouma,
Cahill, Baba; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Pedro;
Hazard.

Thank God clitoriss is back maybe na hin absence tie Hazard leg since cheesy

Today's subs: Begovic, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Loftus-
Cheek, Traore, Remy, Diego Costa. #CFC
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hariorh: 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
Please is there party here today?

There's this new aso ebi I wan to try out grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hariorh: 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
Even if Chelsea win, they still remain 14th on the table. embarassed

Talk about consistency cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
hariorh:
Please is there party here today?
There's this new aso ebi I wan to try out grin
Go try it out at the baryern thread, there's a party going on there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
I loveeeeee you Hazardddddd.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2015
Courtoissssssss, the king is back.....!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (19147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, Ibime(m), Ukobi and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.