Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,443 members, 7,864,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10752792 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) ... (19432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JustKay3(m): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Bielsa is an academic manager. His major contribution has been the theories and ideas he brought to the coaching game.

Bielsa is better understood when you read about him. So if someone like Guardiola stands up to say Bielsa is one of the best,best believe he's not 'yarning opaks'.

But in profession that's more result driven and oriented than how many hypotheses you can conjure though grin

My best memories of Bielsa is him raving,pacing and roving by the dug-outs.

Meanwhile I will put Mahrez and Payet in my team of the season easily.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
JustKay3:

But in profession that's more result driven and oriented than how many hypotheses you can conjure though grin

My best memories of Bielsa is him raving,pacing and roving by the dug-outs.

Mehn that's the difference between a Professor of music and Dr Dre.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Bielsa is an academic manager. His major contribution has been the theories and ideas he brought to the coaching game.

Bielsa is better understood when you read about him. So if someone like Guardiola stands up to say Bielsa is one of the best,best believe he's not 'yarning opaks'.

Emenalo is also an academic manager. Quick to tell you how 3 quick interchangeable AMs behind the striker supported by Mikel and Ramires is the blueprint for Chelseas future. That was the blueprint he publicised and laid down to Abramovic in summer 2012.

Academics ko, academics ni. Na the same academics dem dey use flog Guardiola 5-0 or 7-0 for UCL as soon as he comot under the blanket of Messi and Xavi.

Dem no dey play ball for book.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ibime, when dem flog Guardiola 7-0?

Na Mourinho chop 5-0 one game oo from Guardiola
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ibime:

Emenalo is also an academic manager. Quick to tell you how 3 quick interchangeable AMs behind the striker supported by Mikel and Ramires is the blueprint for Chelseas future. That was the blueprint he publicised and laid down to Abramovic in summer 2012.

Academics ko, academics ni. Na the same academics dem dey use flog Guardiola 5-0 or 7-0 for UCL as soon as he comot under the blanket of Messi and Xavi.

Dem no dey play ball for book.

But Wetin consign Emenalo for Bielsa matter though cheesy

Bruv I agree with you say book alone cannot win you success as a manager. But nobody ever said Bielsa was a successful manager, he is only ever lauded for his tactics...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nihilist, Ibime, Justkay3. if academic managers that are driven by a defined philosophy are not the way to go, then who are examples of non academic managers that we can see how they are faring?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JustKay3(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nihilist:

If you bring up the price of fish in Pakistan right now,Ibime will find a way to bring Emenalo in.It's funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
JustKay3:

If you bring up the price of fish in Pakistan right now,Ibime will find a way to bring Emenalo in.It's funny

Emenalo give am PTSD dem dey talk coaches, He `found a way to rope in a man who has never coached any team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
raumdeuter:
Ibime, when dem flog Guardiola 7-0?

Na Mourinho chop 5-0 one game oo from Guardiola

All those kain scores na him dem dey give am for UCL. We no dey keep correct count after certain number of goals don enter net.

Nihilist:

Emenalo is the best example I can use to show how much an 'academic' can be clueless.

Another example, Emenalo was speaking about Solankes loan move to Holland. He said "we didnt want to send him to Championship where he has to compete for balls in the air as that is not the 'cerebral' kind of player we are trying to develop here."

You see that kind of ninny philosophy he is regurgitating from academic textbook? Discouraging a young striker from dominating defenders, learning hold-up play and learning how to handle himself physically - what I would argue is the most important skills to leap from a youth striker to a first team striker - silly textbook academics.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ibime:

All those kain scores na him dem dey give am for UCL. We no dey keep correct count after certain number of goals don enter net.

Emenalo is the best example I can use to show how much an 'academic' can be clueless.

Another example, Emenalo was speaking about Solankes loan move to Holland. He said "we didnt want to send him to Championship where he has to compete for balls in the air as that is not the 'cerebral' kind of player we are trying to develop here."

You see that kind of ninny philosophy he is regurgitating from academic textbook? Discouraging a young striker from dominating defenders, learning hold-up play and learning how to handle himself physically - stupid textbook academics.

Abeg Bielsa and Emenalo have nothing in common. Leave it out....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JustKay3(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
raumdeuter:
Nihilist, Ibime, Justkay3. if academic managers that are driven by a defined philosophy are not the way to go, then who are examples of non academic managers that we can see how they are faring?
But philosophy and results are not mutually exclusive.(Memo to Gaal grin)Pep and Simeone will die for their philosophies and have results to show for it.I always find the Bielsa praises odd while Arsene gets slated too.

Also want to ask you,do you think there is a dearth of DM in football or the position is being phased out/fused with CM??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
Gosh, Yaya Toure should just retire. That ninja is not interested in midfield work anymore.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

I was talking about why Bielsa is lauded by coaches and tactical enthusiasts. Your question is something different.

I think that there's a lot to coaching than just 'coaching' if you know what I mean. Gary Neville was widely praised for his tactical knowledge as a pundit, but still can't buy a win in la liga

I've read stories of Bielsa drawing lanes on the pitch for his players to play through. I've heard he painted targets in his own shoes to show his players how to kick a ball...but I don't think tactics alone are enough.

Alex Ferguson is the most successful manger ever in Britain, but by the accounts I've read he wasn't even that great with the tactics...yet he achieved a lot with the likes of Cleverly, Wes Brown and Valencia.

I think that Charisma and swag must play a part, along with a good helping of cuntish attitude..

Then again, I've never been a manager so...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
JustKay3:

How so?

The competition level and unpredictability is something you dare not see in other leagues.

The teams here are just out to defy the odds, something you also dare not see in other leagues.

Imagine Leicester topping a league of millionaires, that's akin to Darmstadt topping the Bundesliga and Sporting Gijon topping the La Liga.

Albeit the top guns in the league haven't lived up to expectations, you still have to admire the works teams like Watford and Leicester are doing.

Norwich 4 v 5 Liverpool? Tell me how often you come across such scoreline?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ibime:

Guardiola dey yarn opaks.

Bielsa has flopped at every club he has coached in Europe except his 1st year at Bilbao before their players fell out spectacularly with him.

Only South Americans can give him props. As far as were concerned he is another Scolari- a legend in South America but a flop in Europe.
I noticed he didn't do too well outside his continent....

Thank You
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
Since Ive been watching football, In the major leagues, Kaiserslautern is still the only team to come from relegation and win the league following season

Sticking to what one knows really helps
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Yh....Guardiola,Sampaoli,Berizzo,Pochettino are all his students
He is a very good teacher
Thank you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ibime:

Na those kain scores still make him the most sought after coach on the globe. The non academic coaches where dem dey now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
JustKay3:

But philosophy and results are not mutually exclusive.(Memo to Gaal grin)Pep and Simeone will die for their philosophies and have results to show for it.I always find the Bielsa praises odd while Arsene gets slated too.

Also want to ask you,do you think there is a dearth of DM in football or the position is being phased out/fused with CM??

You have to put Bielsa in context. WHo are the teams he has coached in Europe and where do they stand Espanyol Bilbao do you expect them to win?. Na only Marseille be the only club wey make sense. Coaches like that cant be judged by trophies like Wenger who is managing a top side but by the improvement they brought to their team. Just like you wont judge a Swansea manager by league titles he won

DM's still exists but the nature of football generally have changed. Just like in almost every role in football

Keepers are not only expected to stop sots but to pass out,
Defenders are not only expected to tackle but also know how to pass out of the back.
DM arent just expected to be tacklers but interceptors and pass well
Wingers arent expected to cross but to score bucketloads of goals as well
Strikers arent expected to sit in the box and score, but to join in linkup play

Examples of modern DM in the game now are Busquets, ALonso, Martinez, Weigl, Kimmich,

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
Dmitri Payet is the man jor!

I have never seen Hazard play anything like what this lad has been playing.

No long ting - vision he get am, cross he fit drop am pinpoint ontop striker forehead. Pace of game, he dey quicken am before defenders organise themselves. Everything Hazard no fit do.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ibime:
Dmitri Payet is the man jor!

I have never seen Hazard play anything like what this lad has been playing.

No long ting - vision he get am, cross he fit drop am pinpoint ontop striker forehead. Pace of game, he dey quicken am before defenders organise themselves. Everything Hazard no fit do.
In a 4-3-3, CFC could have Payet and Hazard on the wings and get rid of Pedro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nihilist:
I was talking about why Bielsa is lauded by coaches and tactical enthusiasts. Your question is something different.

I think that there's a lot to coaching than just 'coaching' if you know what I mean. Gary Neville was widely praised for his tactical knowledge as a pundit, but still can't buy a win in la liga

I've read stories of Bielsa drawing lanes on the pitch for his players to play through. I've heard he painted targets in his own shoes to show his players how to kick a ball...but I don't think tactics alone are enough.

Alex Ferguson is the most successful manger ever in Britain, but by the accounts I've read he wasn't even that great with the tactics...yet he achieved a lot with the likes of Cleverly, Wes Brown and Valencia.

I think that Charisma and swag must play a part, along with a good helping of cuntish attitude..

Then again, I've never been a manager so...

I agree with your summation. Being a coach involves tactics and people management

You can have all your tactics on point but if your people management sucks you wont succeed at a top side maybe in a relegation battling team where they see your words as law.

Felix Magath was a good coach at a time he was coaching mid table stuttgart because they were filled with youngsters ready to do anyting for him but when he started going to bigger clubs and was telling players to go climb rocks to gain fitness He started unravelling

Magath would squeeze every last drop of perspiration from his troops, sending them off on energy-sapping runs through the Bavarian pine forests. When they finally got back to base camp, Magath had hidden their water bottles - purely to test their reaction. They weren't best pleased
Read more at: http://www.sport.net/felix-magath-what-can-fulham-expect-from-their-new-manager_128474

An unnecessary back pass during a match incurred a 1,000 euro penalty, letting a high ball bounce 500 euros and wearing headphones 250 euros.
For every minute a player was late to training, that was 100 euros clawed back from their wage packet
It won't surprise you to learn that Magath's estranged dad was a soldier in the United States Army - military discipline runs in the genes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2561305/Felix-Magath-Fulham-expect-new-manager.html#ixzz3y6BNjkNl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
For Ferguson he had to employ some tactical genius as assistant Quieroz while the same Queiroz failed at Madrid where he was expected to manage a team full of galacticos

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JustKay3(m): 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

You have to put Bielsa in context. WHo are the teams he has coached in Europe and where do they stand Espanyol Bilbao do you expect them to win?. Na only Marseille be the only club wey make sense. Coaches like that cant be judged by trophies like Wenger who is managing a top side but by the improvement they brought to their team. Just like you wont judge a Swansea manager by league titles he won

DM's still exists but the nature of football generally have changed. Just like in almost every role in football

Keepers are not only expected to stop sots but to pass out,
Defenders are not only expected to tackle but also know how to pass out of the back.
DM arent just expected to be tacklers but interceptors and pass well
Wingers arent expected to cross but to score bucketloads of goals as well
Strikers arent expected to sit in the box and score, but to join in linkup play

Examples of modern DM in the game now are Busquets, ALonso, Martinez, Weigl, Kimmich,
There is a reason he didn't get any top job no?

Exactly my point about DM,the evolution of the position makes it possible for any disciplined,defensively-aware,and tactically astute CM to play in the position.But then I just described most DMs these days.

@Griffon,

I don't think any of those makes EPL the best league,maybe the most entertaining,and even that is arguable,but to each it's own.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
Bielsa, anoda e-argument

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by RuuDie(m): 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nihilist. You be man wey sabi abeg... Orijin for you!

All these modern day footie managers be bandying around the word "philosophy" like they know what it really means. Karl Rappan, Helenio Herrera, Victor Maslow, Valeri Lobanovsky... men who didn't necessarily win anything but lay out the templates for all the systems, formations and "philosophy" being used today!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:07am On Jan 24, 2016
Pep to City...Jose to United
And Manchester derby will overtake El classico in views but not tradition

Banks will start getting robbed every Manchester derby because the entire Manchester police are on guard at the stadiums

Even Olubadan and Sultan will start watching EPL live

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:12am On Jan 24, 2016
Jose Mourinho has undertaken a deep and detailed charm offensive to finally convince Manchester United he is the man to be their next manager, sources have told ESPN FC.

Conscious of opposition to his appointment among some of the Old Trafford hierarchy, [size=15pt]Mourinho has written a six-page letter explaining how much he desires the job and would be willing to conform to club principles, as well as offering a detailed plan for the team[/size], sources say.

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2793019/jose-mourinho-writes-letter-to-man-united-with-plan--sources

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:12am On Jan 24, 2016
While one manager is being sought after the other is begging for a job

The chosen one

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:17am On Jan 24, 2016
raumdeuter:
Since Ive been watching football, In the major leagues, Kaiserslautern is still the only team to come from relegation and win the league following season

Sticking to what one knows really helps

Shut your stinking gob you bavarian oaf.

My assertion that the EPL is the best league has alot to do with the present, of what relevance is Kaiserslautern's feat of 1998 in the discourse?

Are you terminally mad?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:29am On Jan 24, 2016
JustKay3:

@Grieffon,

I don't think any of those makes EPL the best league,maybe the most entertaining,and even that is arguable,but to each it's own.

We know when sensible posters talk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:00am On Jan 24, 2016
raumdeuter:

We know when sensible posters talk

I don't actually know You to "Sub" people.

Just face your fellow Nigga and settle this. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 7:03am On Jan 24, 2016
[size=50pt]MATCH DAY!!! cool[/size]

Hidden Azardous is back. cool

Costa is Fit. cool

What a Sunday to be Alive. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) ... (19432) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Realtord43, PendragonVII, VicThory(m), BlueAngel444 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.